Dec

ObamaCare: Working As Promised

Bbn2Z6lCcAAGU6C.jpg-large

Amy Lynn Smith: Obamacare Is Working Just As It Should: People Are Getting Covered

When I opened my mail on Monday, what did I find? A shiny new insurance card from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan — for my coverage purchased at Healthcare.gov. It kicks in on January 1, 2014, exactly the way it’s supposed to. I was shouting “The new insurance card is here! The new insurance card is here!” Why? Because I’m covered — and, as I wrote here when I first enrolled, I’ll save as much as $10,000 a year on coverage that’s almost exactly the same as what I have now.

Equally important, it’s proof that the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, is working exactly the way it should. I enrolled, I got a new insurance card, and the bill is in the mail this week, giving me ample time to pay by December 23 — the deadline to pay for coverage that begins January 1, 2014. If the bill doesn’t get here soon enough, all I have to do is call the number on the back of my new member ID card to pay by phone. Easy.

More here

Bbsr-htCEAANbJD.jpg-large

139 Responses to “ObamaCare: Working As Promised”

1. 1 Nena20409
    December 17, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Okay TOD. Here’s my messAGE.

HELLO TOD :!:

2. December 17, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Thank yooooooooooooou UT!!

3. 6 Nena20409
    December 17, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Jay “Clark Kent” Carney’s 12-17-13 WH Presser.
    Jay started with Healthcare updates backed with Visual presentations.

Also tomorrow PBO and Mrs Obama will be meeting with mothers on Healthcare.

December 17, 2013 at 3:32 pm

And this is why we’re no longer hearing about the ACA in the media, but instead are being bombarded with NSA stories. The Obamacare train has left the station and there is no turning back. The OCare train is bound for Success City where it will define PBO’s legacy for centuries to come.

Thanks UT for your continued efforts at informing us about the goodness of Obamacare!

5. December 17, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Congrats on 1st Nena!!!

Great R&S and ACA threads, UT!!!

6. December 17, 2013 at 3:36 pm

One of the finest speeches I’ve ever heard a Senator deliver was delivered earlier today by Senator Harkin. You should be able to find it in the CSPAN archive.

7. December 17, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Yes We Can (and MUST)

8. December 17, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Greetings from urgent care.

9. 24 Dudette
    December 17, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Hi Everybody! just popping in to say hello from the desert! :-)

December 17, 2013 at 3:54 pm

You can’t help but detect a hint of admiration on the faces of the two young execs sitting on PBO’s right. I may be projecting here, but I don’t think so.

• 29 No Child Left Behind
      December 17, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Indeed, indeed.

Good Afternoon, everyone!

December 17, 2013 at 4:14 pm

A “hint of admiration,” indeed! And don’t they both look as though they’d like to invite him into a selfie? Or is it just me? Ha! Excellent choice bringing in the technologists for a chat with our President.

• 31 daisydem
        December 17, 2013 at 5:07 pm

If I had a chance to take a selfie with President Obama, it would be of him smiling that killer of a smile into the camera, and me lying prostrate on the floor …. I really, really, really want to meet him someday and get a hug, but am so afraid my emotions would go through the roof … and I’d fall to the floor. I love him, I really do.

• December 17, 2013 at 5:59 pm

They look like freshmen in college, boy I’m old.

• 38 Nena20409
      December 17, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Another Blonde Female looking at pres Obama?

Oh my goodness, Techie/Techy-gate?

Eat your heart out Jodi Kantor. All you’ve got is Hate.

• 39 Dudette
      December 17, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I see it too! :-)

11. 41 Gazelle
    December 17, 2013 at 3:58 pm

[OT! Luvvie is a hoot! A tidbit from her rundown on the last Scandal episode, lots more at the link.]:

But ummmm… CAN SOMEONE GIVE JOE MORTON ALL THE AWARDS FOR THE BEST MONOLOGUE EVER ON TV?!? Emmys. Espys. Grammy. Golden Globe. Blue ribbon. Best dressed. Best fettucine alfredo. Best singing on Idol. Just start awards to give the man. That monologue was EVERYTHING TO ME! He snatched Fitz’s ENTIRE scalp and I’m still getting my life from it. [.....]

[And on Mama Pope]: Also, did she get dropped off in Mongolia and then hitchhike to DC?!? I mean GAHTDAMB! Real Gs move in silence indeed! Also, she’s the type of goon who has a hairdresser on the run with her to hit her coif with that fresh blowout. I believe it. [.....]

More here: http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/2013/12/door-marked-exit-scandal-season-3-winter-finale-recap.html

• 42 utaustinliberal
      December 17, 2013 at 4:23 pm

It was the one of the BEST monologues I have ever watched on a TV show. Joe Morton is a brilliant actor and I’m so glad Shonda Rhimes cast him on Scandal so that millions more are exposed to his A++++++ acting chops.

He read Fitz for filth. FILTH! He gave him the speech every woman and minority wants to give every overprivileged white male in this country. Every overprivileged white male in the world needs to have that speech played to them and they need to listen.

Shonda Rhimes is a master at weaving hot shot drama and humor with commentary on society, race, misogyny, sexism, capitalism, religion, patriarchy, bigotry, institutional racism, and inequality.

The mid-season finale was one of the best episodes I’ve ever seen. Most shows can’t match one episode of Scandal with their entire season.

• 43 Gazelle
        December 17, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Damn straight, UT! My mouth was agape at that monologue! Mr. Morton, hats of to you, sir! Hot damn!

• 44 GGail
        December 17, 2013 at 6:40 pm

OMG, I had to watch it again last night! I was sooooo proud of Pappa defending his little girl. “you ain’t nuthing but a BOY”!!

December 17, 2013 at 4:08 pm
  13. 50 Nena20409
    December 17, 2013 at 4:11 pm

In VA……Herring is increasing his margin of Victory ;)

Herring attorney Marc Elias told reporters at a confernece call Tuesday afternoon that Herring so far had gained 742 votes while Obenshain had gained 300 leading to a net increase of 442 votes in the Democrat’s favor. Elias cautioned though that their estimates of the results were under the assumption that legal challenges to the votes being recounted would not be upheld. But Elias said it wouldn’t make much of a difference either way.

“In this case it doesn’t make a huge amount of difference,” Elias said. “There haven’t been a huge amount of challenges over all. There have been more challenges to Herring ballots than there have been to Obenshain ballots.”

FANTASTIC.

• 51 99ts
      December 17, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Where do all the new votes come from? I find it plain weird. Be interesting to wonder how much PBO rally won by – and how much GWB really lost by in 2000.

• 52 Nena20409
        December 18, 2013 at 11:31 am

In tabulation of Numbers. The electronic numbers are manually taken when tabulating the total numbers from County to county. Humans make errors. USA has refused to make elections as error free as possible. In 2010, in AZ the Dem Senatorial guy had 500K votes on the election day due to the provisional ballots. A week later, 300K votes were tossed out. That is how Flake got in as a senator. Corruption is rampant and Most Voters are Never aware of how bad their votes are tossed out. FL in 1996 and 2000. In 1996, Dems had overwhelming advantage. Dems won. In 2000, JEB and Kathleen Harris were in charge and Gore Lost with the help of SCOTUS. Until Dems say Enough and challenge and mean it by educating the public and having Initiatives locally, the corruption of our VOTING system will continue.

• 53 99ts
          December 18, 2013 at 11:59 am

Thanks for answering Nena – all our voting is controlled outside of the political arena. All poll workers are well paid. I worked on elections for many years & we had to account for every last vote on election night. (paper ballots only)

We have had a situation this year when 1200 votes were lost – in a very close recount – so there has to be another election – a rare event – but at least it was known that the votes existed.

14. December 17, 2013 at 4:13 pm

YAYAYAYAY!! I finally just got my Christmas card from the First Family!! I thought maybe I was being naughty and not nice or something. Anyway, it’s the cutest card in the entire known universe.

15. December 17, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I bet this was a fun and interesting meeting for all.

December 17, 2013 at 4:35 pm
  17. 87 Linda
    December 17, 2013 at 4:44 pm

According to Nielsen data through Dec. 8,

Fox News Channel averaged 1.774 million viewers in primetime (down 13% from 2012) and 297,000 adults 25-54 (down 30%).

It was followed by MSNBC with 645,000 viewers and 203,000 adults 25-54 (down 29% in both);

CNN with 578,000 (down 15%) and 187,000 adults 25-54 (down 16%);

and HLN with 403,000 total viewer (up 21%) and 142,000 in the demo (up 27%).

—-

These % are year to date…compared to 2012.

No one likes the media….and we know what people watch HLN…..fans of Nancy Grace.

December 17, 2013 at 4:47 pm

It’s-sully wahning.

December 17, 2013 at 4:55 pm
    December 17, 2013 at 5:01 pm
  21. December 17, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Back from urgent care. Congratulations! I have an upper respiratory infection… AGAIN.

Normally, on a day on which Snowdenski realized that Russia isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and tried to sell his services yet once more, I’d be all over twitter and writing an essay or two. But I’ll be rather proud of myself if I munch down my lunch of Trader Joe’s pizza and don’t stumble all over myself getting into bed. This cold is cutting into my snark time.

December 17, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Take care of yourself LL. Lots of bed rest and fluids and Dr’s medication. BTW, did you get the latest “Snowdenski” saga news – that Brazil rejected his plea for asylum?

• December 17, 2013 at 5:28 pm

My sympathies to you, LL. I woke up with a very scratchy throat and I can feel the congestion building in my chest. It really saps your energy. ARGH.

• 97 99ts
      December 17, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Get well soon LL – and Charles Johnson at LGF is keeping up the essay writing on Snowdenski in your absence.

• 98 No Child Left Behind
      December 17, 2013 at 6:33 pm

My prayers and kind thoughts coming your way, LL. Take good care of yourself.

22. December 17, 2013 at 5:27 pm
    December 17, 2013 at 5:39 pm
  24. December 17, 2013 at 5:56 pm

It’s almost 1 am at #euromaidan and the crowds are rock’n it!!!

These folk are amazing!!!

• 107 Vicki
      December 17, 2013 at 6:29 pm

I am cheering for these people. Their perseverance is awe inspiring. I am beginning to believe that there will be a happy ending to this mighty demonstration.

In other encouraging world news: Michelle Bachelet is re-elected as President after 4 years of Pinero. Pres. Bachelet’s pklatform was about relief for income inequality and a better deal for the middle class.

25. 109 Ladyhawke
    December 17, 2013 at 6:03 pm

‘The president’s position has not changed’

By Steve Benen

————————————-

And it’s not going to change. It can’t change. Obama simply cannot establish a precedent in which a radicalized minority will be rewarded for threatening to trash the full faith and credit of the United States.

What’s more, the White House – and everyone else – already knows Republicans are bluffing. As we discussed yesterday, GOP lawmakers said in the fall they were prepared to allow the nation to default unless Democrats met unspecified demands, but when push came to shove, and Obama said he wouldn’t negotiate with those threatening Americans with deliberate harm, Republicans backed down.

——————————————————

NOTE: This post includes a fabulous photo of President Obama walking in the rain.

December 17, 2013 at 6:06 pm
  27. 112 dotster3
    December 17, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Why are people shooting at a medical center? Why are people shooting anywhere? The new way to settle grievances….

photo/1

• 113 99ts
      December 17, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Too true dotster – the days of discussion, consensus, partisanship, acceptance – etc etc are over. Brought to you by the GOP – never concede, never agree – just shoot from the hip. Given the state of the political solution that the GOP has adopted, is it any wonder that people know longer care about anyone except self

They turned on the President, and now they are turning on the Pope – men of peace are not wanted today.

December 17, 2013 at 6:07 pm
    December 17, 2013 at 6:10 pm

The Obamacare Mental Health Parity Act couldn’t have come at a better time….

December 17, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Herring’s lead keeps growing. Let’s see how MSM spins it

December 17, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Kim probably partied too much over the weekend, didn’t study and wasn’t prepared for his exams. Bad boy!

32. December 17, 2013 at 6:22 pm
  33. 126 99ts
    December 17, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Your media has reached rock bottom – changing headlines/deleting tweets to please GG – Wonder when they will admit to the lies about the President, the administration, the ACA – hahahaha – in my dreams

34. December 17, 2013 at 6:30 pm
  35. December 17, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Apparently the hospital shooter shot four and then killed himself, according to initial reports.

36. 132 HZ
    December 17, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Has anyone heard that Tom Latham of Iowa (R) is retiring and will not run in 2014? Also Frank Wolf of VA? Both these districts POB won. That will be two House Republican seats in play for Dems. This can be of great importance. I received an email today.HZ

37. 134 dotster3
    December 17, 2013 at 6:51 pm
  38. December 17, 2013 at 6:58 pm

My son showed me this video tonight. It is Jordan Peele from Key and Peele with a video about healthcare. Really good!

39. 137 dotster3
    December 17, 2013 at 7:03 pm
    December 17, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Dudette…You’re in Surprise??? You should have called me:) How long is your visit? You could not have come for a better weather week. Beautiful today!!