Dec

2013: Tally’s Most Memorable Moments

by Tally

Yo, OBAMACARE, bitches!!!

(Thankfully, the Affordable Care Act covers Breaking Bad Tourette’s)

Pretty much sums up the entire TEAGOP mindset.

Only people with hearts full of hate and twisted souls could take something as important to every man, woman, and child in this great nation, The Patient PROTECTION and AFFORDABLE Care Act, and LIE about it to the point they compare it to SLAVERY.

Apparently, these people have never had the experience of going to an Emergency Room, or even for a regular check up with a normal Primary Care Physician. I guess there’s a lot more going on at home other than schooling with them.

I consider myself a rather healthy person, with a healthy lifestyle. I’ve never smoked or taken drugs (I’m very boring), I don’t drink much, I eat healthy, exercise, sleep, and stay as stress-free as possible. Yet I haven’t been able to avoid medical care to the extent the Republicans can.

My first experience in a hospital was birth. Then, like most toddlers at three, I fell and hit my forehead on the fireplace hearth and had my first stitches. I remember it clearly. At nine, since my teeth were too big for my tiny elf head I had my first oral surgery to get ready for braces, by removing four of them to make room in my mouth. At 18 I had my second when my wisdom teeth were removed. At 21, I had my first OBGYN visit, which went from a regular exam to a hurried ultrasound and abdominal surgery to remove an ovarian dermoid cyst the size of a grapefruit. (Apparently I ate my twin in the womb. Yes, I’m a Stephen King novel.) In ’94, while rehearsing Katherine in Taming of the Shrew, I tripped backstage and a bench came up and suddenly smashed me in the forehead. The entire cast saw my skull. I would have been a zipper-head had the ER I was taken to, not had a Plastic Surgeon on-call. The perks of being an Angelino!

I’ve had a lot of visits to various doctors since. Cheerleading and Dancing can lead to bone death if you land on your ass hard enough, not to mention falling off my horse. Only twice!!

But you don’t need to have the experience of seeking medical attention to understand you’re magically not going to catch some horrid virus simply because you have health insurance and the “illegals” don’t, all you have to do is watch Contagion, and understand basic math and biology, (or have lived through those coworkers who ALWAYS come to work sick and share their cooties with you.) I’m understanding that’s a tall ask for people who were home schooled instead of going to public school like I did.

As an actor in Los Angeles, the most over-populated talent pool on earth, most of my actor friends don’t have health insurance for any number of reasons. They don’t make enough money at their five jobs, none of which offer medical care; if they were lucky enough to get a gig this year, they don’t have enough hours to qualify for union coverage; or they have an old dance injury which up until now, has been a pre-existing condition that would get them an automatic denial of coverage.

Obamacare has been a godsend to these people and millions of others across the country. For the last three months, as a licensed insurance agent (day gig), certified by Covered California to sell plans on our Marketplace Exchange, I’ve been enrolling these people, most of whom have been jerked around so much they still feel as though the insurance companies are going to call them in the middle of the night and tell them they don’t qualify for whatever reason. I have to keep reassuring them that’s ILLEGAL now.

Not only do they qualify, they can afford it. Some, because their income + deductions + zip code = some amazing magical algorithm that lands them just above the Federal Poverty Line that would qualify them for Medi-Cal (Medicaid) coverage, they qualify for some of the super-secret Silver plans that not everyone can even see, plus their crazy monthly tax credit, they’re paying prices lower than their cell phone bills. (And California has an AWESOMESAUCE Governor who ACCEPTED the Medicaid expansion money to you know, HELP his constituents.)

It saddens me our press is so bought and paid for they’ll never run these stories. Whores. Too bad Obamacare doesn’t cover greed.

So, without further delay, my favorite Presidential (and a few ACA) moments in this monumentous year when all my friends, and millions like them finally qualified to apply for and get, come January 1st, health insurance they can afford!

But first…….

President Obama speaks on the Affordable Care Act (April 30th):

President Obama schools Chuck Todd.

President Obama speaks on the Affordable Care Act (July 18th, 2013):

President Obama explains how the Affordable Care Act is putting money back into the pockets of millions of Americans thanks to a provision in the health reform law that requires insurance companies spend 80 percent of its customers premiums on medical care, rather than administrative costs.

President Obama speaks on the Affordable Care Act (September 26th, 2013):

The ACA is here to stay!

President Obama speaks on the Affordable Care Act (October 21st, 2013):

President Obama ninja-rescues a pregnant woman, and says that the health insurance that’s available to people through HealthCare.gov is high quality and affordable, and his Administration is working around the clock to address problems that make the site slow and difficult to use.

President Obama speaks on the Affordable Care Act (November 6th, 2013):

In Dallas, President Obama speaks to canvassers and navigators who are helping consumers learn about and enroll in quality, affordable health insurance plans through the Health Insurance Marketplaces.

President Obama speaks on the Affordable Care Act (November 14th, 2013):

President Obama announced a solution to address the cancellation notices that some people in the individual health insurance market have received in recent weeks, keeping with his pledge to make adjustments and improvements where they’re warranted as the Affordable Care Act takes effect.

President Obama speaks on the Affordable Care Act (December 3rd, 2013):

President Obama says now that HealthCare.gov is working for the vast majority of users, we must refocus on what’s truly at stake, which is ensuring Americans have the security of decent health insurance at a reasonable cost.

President Obama speaks on the Affordable Care Act (December 18th, 2013):

And the Icing on my Obamacare cake!

See all the ‘2013: Most Memorable Moments’ here

103 Responses to “2013: Tally’s Most Memorable Moments”

1. 7 GGail
    December 30, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Dagnabbit Chips!!!! You’re blocking my entrance!

2. December 30, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Tally, what an epically brilliant tribute to Obamacare and summary of the developments through 2013 – Galaxy Girl, you are a GEM, thank yooooooooou!!!!

December 30, 2013 at 12:57 pm

That’s right Tally! The ACA is THE memorable moment of 2013. I don’t care what any one says. By the end of next year, anyone who has a modicum of honesty and integrity will not be able to deny this truth. Excellent post and 2013 recap of the goodness that is called OBAMACARE. :)

December 30, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Screeeeech! Gasp! GGail distracted me. Humpfff!

5. 27 GGail
    December 30, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Thank you Tally – U ROCK!!!

6. 28 sherijr
    December 30, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Outstanding best moments Tally ~ I am so enjoying all these memories brought forth by so many of you.. as I’ve mentioned before I have memory problems brought on by brain damage caused by lack of oxygen due to a doctor’s error.. thus I remember all of these wonderful happenings of 2013 but could never organize them, locate them in my head and put them so perfectly together. I am completely grateful to all of you putting them together. They are so meaningful, thoughtful and lovingly done.

Happy belated Birthday to 99ts.. I’m so glad it was special and enjoyable. Go ahead and have another today :)

About Breaking Bad. I heard all the hoopla about the last episode and thought I should check it out a few weeks ago. So I watched the first episode of the first season on Netflix, and honestly found it difficult to enjoy. A little too real for anyone who’s lived with an addict/ dealer before.. however, with all the insight and rave reviews here.. I may at least give the second/ third episodes a shot.

7. December 30, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Tallyyyyyyyy!! You hit the nail on the head. OBAMACARE, the single most achievement of 2010 – 2013 and ONWARD.
    Lots of great back-up info here. Thank you!

December 30, 2013 at 1:06 pm

This is very true…

December 30, 2013 at 1:09 pm

MOST EXCELLENT, TALLY!!!

December 30, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Fantastic, Tally! ObamaCare is here to stay.

December 30, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Thanks Tally-O, and though I don’t normally eat the stuff, I loved your icing too!

December 30, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Chips Chica, you put all the 2013 memories in one place!!! You can be such a sweetheart…..sometimes! THANKS, lazing around looks good on you! :lol: :lol:

13. December 30, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Excellent reminder Tally. Trash talk against Obamacare is the only thing that makes me absolutely stay away from TV. Will never understand the Ted Cruz’s or chuck Todd’s of the world who should know better.

14. 41 jackiegrumbacher
    December 30, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Terrific, Tally. You hit every note on ACA. Love it. I’m sick and tired of the trashing by the media. People are being helped and all they care about is making their GOP puppet masters happy by undermining every success. ObamaCare is here to stay and millions of Americans are going to be the better for it!

15. 42 isonprize
    December 30, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Hey Tally!! Why don’t you tell us how you really feel about the Affordable Care Act? Huh? I can’t tell if you like it or not…
    :wink:

• December 30, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Just read that and it is totally telling. Racism by default and white privilege with no motivation to change. How do we press on this?

• December 30, 2013 at 3:37 pm

interesting….

i think it was last year that a blk male reporter was fired for calling out racism…i suppose we could put Bashir in this category as well…while Halpern can say what he pleases and keeps hs job…

16. December 30, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Great roundup, Tally!

And, holy fuck, Tally ate her twin!

December 30, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Tally – What I really appreciate about seeing your “memorable moments” post is that it’s a clear reminder that you are WALKING THE WALK on ACA, not just talking the talk. Happy to know ya!

December 30, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I’m a federal retiree and still a part of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan, and for the second straight year, my premium increases were less than $10/month. This year ~ around a $4.00/monthly increase.

The increases before the health care insurance rates went lower thanks to ACA were never less than $20/month and sometimes more, as I recall. This isn’t enough to take a trip to Hawaii, and I delight in it more for the principle of the thing than the dollars involved, but what else in our world is going down in price, each year?? Can’t think of anything much.

Thank you, President Obama!

December 30, 2013 at 2:16 pm

20. 51 HZ
    December 30, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Tally, you are rocking, my beautiful sister. You remind us of what is the right thing to do, spread the good news and help others to realize it and sign up. ((((((((( Thank you, my love))))))))))))HZ

21. 52 yardarm756
    December 30, 2013 at 2:34 pm

22. 53 yardarm756
    December 30, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Unbelievable!

December 30, 2013 at 2:47 pm

You think this is unbelievable, yardarm? Really? It’s what they do!! I think it is very believable…sad and disgusting, but very believable. I think that America needs to understand just how NORMAL this stuff is for the GOP….I hope your post gets RT’s all over the place.

December 30, 2013 at 3:39 pm

In the “old days” (pre the age of Obama), heads would roll with this finding.

December 30, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Add this: http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/30/lack-diversity-display-white-male-republicans-dominated-sunday-shows-2013.html

to Smartypants observation here: http://immasmartypants.blogspot.com/2013/12/color-commentary.html

and you get a dangerous, toxic mess. We have lots of work to do to move the ball FORWARD.

24. 59 57andfemale
    December 30, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Wow. teh stupid on c-span this morning. A guy said he was 71 years old and applied for insurance on the Exchanges and received “360 pages of forms to fill out – twice!.” The health care reporter from NPR made mincemeat out of this idiot: it’s illegal to apply if you’re on Medicare (he admitted he was already on Medicare). If you put in your actual age, you’d get kicked out of the process on the Exchange. And no one believes anyone sent you 360 pages of forms.” She was impressive in her smackdown.

Then another idiot who was bitching about her taxes going up to pay for the ‘freeloaders’. The NPR reporter said it must be very comfortable making upwards of $250,000/year. “I don’t make no $250,000/year!”, screamed the deranged Rush groupie. And the NPR reporter said, “Then you’re not paying additional taxes.”

25. December 30, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Love your Obamacare recap!

26. 66 relellit
    December 30, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Hello everyone and Chips

Thanks, Tally for explaining why people need the ACA.

December 30, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Ok…off to watch BB….I could be gone for a while!

28. December 30, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Great job on presenting ACA or Obsma Cares Tally!

29. 70 yardarm756
    December 30, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Moyers nails it.

30. 71 yardarm756
    December 30, 2013 at 3:25 pm

31. 72 yardarm756
    December 30, 2013 at 3:29 pm

This another form of Black Power, eh?

32. 73 Dudette
    December 30, 2013 at 3:29 pm

This reaches beyond the Olympics in February. The 2014 G8 Summit is scheduled to take place in Sochi in June. President Obama isn’t going to Sochi for the Olympics, but the G8 Summit wouldn’t be the G8 Summit without POTUS in attendance.

December 30, 2013 at 3:41 pm

End-of-year distraction is just that! #VOTEDEMS2014

Forget Duck Dynasty; There Are Important Civil Rights Battles to Fight

34. 75 Linda
    December 30, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Jake Tapper is very confused about PBO tv watchcing habits since PBO spends 5-6 hours every weekend playing golf…..

December 30, 2013 at 4:16 pm

36. 81 Dudette
    December 30, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Alrighty then! I have something to look forward to! :-D

37. 95 Dudette
    December 30, 2013 at 4:20 pm

38. 96 Dudette
    December 30, 2013 at 4:34 pm

LOL! Wise words!

39. 97 dotster3
    December 30, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Thanks to tally for her insightful contribution. Especially love her humor.

40. December 30, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Tally, thank you so much!!! Will be sharing your post with many folk!! Very helpful.

#FORWARD

41. December 30, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Hey Tally,
    GREAT post!!!!! AwesomeSauce yourself. :) It would be great to see Mr. Joe Biden and Jesse Pinkman team up with a “Yo Obamacare is a BFD bitches!”

December 30, 2013 at 5:11 pm

It would be great to see Mr. Joe Biden and Jesse Pinkman team up with a “Yo Obamacare is a BFD bitches!” :) :) :)

43. 102 Nena20409
    December 30, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Wonderful Memory Lane in 2013 Tally. Awesome.

• December 30, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Tally your post is a great testament to The Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare. This was a long awaited event that yes had a few glitches in the beginning but what roll out doesn’t? My state employer had a new roll out of their new system and it was full of glitches and did let the teabaggers in the group hear about the glitches. The media wants to put a bad spin on this and only report the bad things but you can’t spin anything when almost 6 million people have signed up or in the process of signing up. This is another BFD….Thank you Obama!

Also something not too many left wing pundits are talking about is that anyone making over $250,000 even those that get their money from stock options, hedge funders, and trust fund babies have to pay taxes starting Jan 1 on all sources of income. No wonder the Corporate masters are trying to stop it….too late baby….Obamacare is here to stay.

RSS OFA