Jan

Rise and Shine

On This Day: Teachers attending the Presidential Awards for Mathematics and Science applaud as President Barack Obama enters the State Dining Room of the White House, prior to the “Educate to Innovate” event for excellence in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM), Jan. 6, 2010 (Photo by Pete Souza)

Today:

The President has no public events scheduled

Al Jazeera: Senate poised to confirm Yellen as Federal Reserve chair

If confirmed, Yellen will make history by becoming the first woman to head the US central banking system

The Senate, which begins its 2014 session on Monday, intends to waste no time making history as it moves to approve Janet Yellen to be the first woman to head the Federal Reserve.

A vote is set for 5:30 p.m. on Yellen, 67, who has been vice chair of the Fed since 2010. If confirmed, Yellen would succeed Ben Bernanke, whose second four-year term ends on Jan. 31.

In an early sign that Yellen commands enough support to win confirmation, the Democratic-controlled Senate voted 59-34 on Dec. 20 to move forward with the nomination.

More here

TPM: ALEC’s New Obamacare Obstruction Plan Won’t Work

Obamacare’s opponents are running out of options to stop the law.

The Supreme Court upheld it in the summer of 2012. President Obama was re-elected a few months later. The congressional GOP’s strategy of shutting down the federal government to de-fund the law proved a disaster.

That might help explain why the conservative movement’s latest tactics seem a little more desperate — and, according to experts, equally unlikely to succeed.

Heading into the 2014 legislative session, the American Legislative Exchange Council is pushing new model legislation that aims to undermine the federal health care reform law. The only problem is: It’s probably illegal.

More here

Steve Benen: Thou shalt not do paperwork

With a new contraception controversy pending at the Supreme Court, some in conservative media have suggested the Obama administration is going after a group of nuns. In an interesting twist, that’s largely the opposite of what’s happened.

…. a Colorado group of nuns, the Little Sisters of the Poor, wants to provide health care coverage to its non-profit group’s employees, but doesn’t want to cover contraception. No problem, the Obama administration says, telling the group that it can simply fill out some paperwork noting a religious objection, at which point a private insurance company can create a separate policy for workers who want access to birth control. The non-profit group wouldn’t be involved, wouldn’t condone contraception, and wouldn’t pay a penny.

The nuns have filed a federal lawsuit claiming that the paperwork itself infringes on their religious beliefs, too …. I wonder whether the Little Sisters of the Poor would object if someone filled out the paperwork for them, in a Shabbas goy kind of situation.

Full post here

Brian Beutler: GOP’s ulterior motive on unemployment: Economic sabotage?

Congress returns from the holidays in earnest today, more than a week after allowing emergency unemployment compensation to lapse for millions of jobless Americans, which raises the critical question of what lies behind the GOP’s reluctance to do the obviously correct thing.

Senate Democrats hope just a handful of Republicans will break away from the opposition later today, to pass legislation that would renew the lapsed benefits, and pressure John Boehner to follow suit, but they’re having a hard time finding the votes.

…. Unemployment benefits make people’s lives better and buoy a fragile, but possibly accelerating recovery. Some Republicans are apparently reluctant to give Democrats and the economy a shot in the arm right now.

Full post here

ThinkProgress: 60 Minutes Hit Job On Clean Energy Ignores The Facts

Clean technology is booming by every key indicator — but you would never know that from Sunday’s absurd 60 Minutes piece touting an imaginary “Cleantech Crash.”

As documented in the recent Department of Energy (DOE) report, “Revolution Now: The Future Arrives for Four Clean Energy Technologies,” the only thing in cleantech that is crashing is the cost of key components. This price crash has enabled explosive growth in wind power, solar power, LED lights and electric vehicles, as shown in the four charts from the report reposted here.

But for 60 Minutes, this incredible boon is a bust…

More here

Steve Benen: Liz Cheney exits stage right

It’s never been entirely clear what Liz Cheney was thinking. In July, the far-right media personality launched a Senate campaign in Wyoming – a state she’d moved to only a year prior – taking on a popular, conservative incumbent, Sen. Mike Enzi (R).

The fight lacked the elements one would ordinarily expect in a high-profile primary race: Enzi and Cheney are both very conservative; they agree on the key issues; and the challenger had no specific proposals she was eager to bring to the fore with a statewide candidacy. Indeed, her most notable accomplishments as a candidate were a humiliating controversy over a fishing license and a family dispute over her opposition to her own sister’s right to get married.

This morning, Cheney’s troubled candidacy came to an abrupt end.

More here

MoooOOOooorning!

145 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

January 6, 2014 at 10:20 am

Oh, I’m so proud of you, Chips! All that risin’ and shinin’ and first, too! Gonna be a good day.

• January 6, 2014 at 10:46 am

Good for you Chips, you had to be alone for about four minutes I see. That’s eons. It’s the first test of hubby’s retirement today for the two of us. At least we got up before eight am. This week-end would have been his days off so I’m not counting them. I had a cute pic to post of us freezing together but as slow as my computer connection is I wouldn’t be back for another ten minutes and I can’t watch that circle thaaaat long. ;) Close the curtains and shut the windows, I’m lurking again today!
      Enjoy Epiphany if you recognize it and stay warm. I hear roads are closed because of the cold in Indy. Glad my son lives in Sunny Colorado now. We’re staying warm.
      Blessings to the President and his family and team on this New Year and a special one for SOS Kerry. He can do it! To us FORWARD! Yes We Can!

1. 12 forus50
    January 6, 2014 at 10:08 am
    January 6, 2014 at 10:16 am
    January 6, 2014 at 10:17 am

And good morning, petals and roses.

January 6, 2014 at 10:23 am

*The President has no public events scheduled.*

Ah, so I won’t either. Just me and the toddler great grandson, watching Dora and Diego, laughin’, eatin’ cereal, like we own the world! #ThankGodHeHadAlreadySeenThatSpongeBobEpisode

5. January 6, 2014 at 10:26 am

howdy O’s!!!! It’s a great getting up brrrrrr day ’round the old TOD campfire! I shoveled pretty much all day yesterday. Got up this morning, only to see that the overnight winds drifted the snow right back onto my walks and drive way. All of my sore muscles and frozen extremities in vain!

Wah,wah, boo, hoo, sniff, sniff, NO FAIR! (stomping feet and shaking fists towards the heavens)

• January 6, 2014 at 10:27 am

Morning Cookemom, you poor snowed under thing!

January 6, 2014 at 10:34 am

I’m feeling cookemom’s pain (except for the shoveling part; the snow drifts blew out of my driveway overnight, leaving me with only about 8 inches of snow – oh goodie). It’s MINUS 14 degrees Fahrenheit here – that’s the real temp, not the feels like temp. Inside my house, it’s like a tropical island!

• January 6, 2014 at 10:36 am

“MINUS 14 degrees”
          :-( Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• 28 cookemom
          January 6, 2014 at 10:50 am

Aha! So it’s your snow that’s blocking my garage door? At this rate, I won’t be driving ’til the great spring thaw of 2014! It’s a windchill -41 in Chi-town. I’m in my Hello Kitty flannel onsie, complete with the feet and flap, drinking coffee, and eating blueberry pie (yes, it’s all over my face).

January 6, 2014 at 10:54 am

I’m thinking that blueberry pie has been all over your face before, but who am I to point the finger? Ha!

>>>Hello Kitty flannel onesie = hysterical<<<

• 30 57andfemale
      January 6, 2014 at 11:03 am

pretty similarcto my story. snow blown off garage roof, blocking the door.

6. 32 JER
    January 6, 2014 at 10:33 am

LIVE NOW: Boston Mayoral Inauguration – http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

7. 33 Nena20409
    January 6, 2014 at 10:38 am

Just saw this and I had to quickly pipe in to drop this here.
    Morning TODers.

KOCHRoaches spent over $400M in 2012 through these schemes. Thanks to the Roberts Court in their wrongful wicked ruling on Jan 21, 2010 in Citizen United.

photo/1

8. 34 JER
    January 6, 2014 at 10:41 am
    January 6, 2014 at 10:41 am
  10. 43 Nena20409
    January 6, 2014 at 10:42 am

Those in the media now reporting of Iraqi struggles and lack of gov control In Fullujiah(sp) and Ramalla(sp)…….perhaps, the Media should 1st report about how We got there originally and how the News Media were complicit in the decimation of the Iraq Nation.

January 6, 2014 at 10:44 am
    • 45 jackiegrumbacher
      January 6, 2014 at 11:24 am

AMK, every holiday when the colleges are on vacation, our gym is filled with testosterone. So much jostling to show muscles, so much competition. I like it when they all go back and the old folks reclaim their space. By the way, I found some years ago, that the most motivating gym beat for me is Indian dance music. Been listening to the same ones for a long time, so if you hear of a new release that will keep me moving, would you let me know? Thx.

January 6, 2014 at 10:46 am
  13. 52 JER
    January 6, 2014 at 10:48 am
    • 53 Layla
      January 6, 2014 at 10:50 am

Why..are his fingers sore from stuffing food in his mouth during the holiday season!!!!

January 6, 2014 at 11:06 am

How can anybody postpone something like that? Anybody with a conscience, that is. Hey, why not wait until after 2016, you dawg?

• 56 Nena20409
      January 6, 2014 at 11:17 am

NJ 1st Bully Gov strikes again.

Like I have said here a number of times now……Christie saw his PEAK with his reelection. Dems stayed off his way and handed him a Victory that he Never deserved or merited.

Power being intoxicated, ego of a fluffy Christie as Huge as himself, is on a Fall trajectory. It would not be pretty as the Humpty Scheme-Master Dumpty row down the NJ hills…….as the nation watch.

• 57 jackiegrumbacher
      January 6, 2014 at 11:26 am

Ha! Christie has to test the political wind before he does anything from now on. He operates from no principles and has no other concern but his own ambition. We have to do everything in our power to keep this venal man from anywhere near the WH.

• 58 utaustinliberal
      January 6, 2014 at 11:26 am

I’m no fan of Christie but the headline is a bit misleading. He signed the bill privately and only postponed the public signing to, as the report suggests, accommodate all those who want to attend.

Hopefully, that’s the only reason and the ceremony will move on as forward.

January 6, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Well, now you know I never actually read anything that’s about Christie and his ilk. Glad to hear he signed it privately!

• 60 JER
      January 6, 2014 at 11:36 am

“I care about taking care of New Jersey kids, whether they’re citizens or undocumented,” Christie told reporters last month.

When told the bill left at least one immigrant student still feeling like a second-class citizen, Christie fired back: “You can’t be a second-class citizen if you’re not a citizen.” http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/01/06/gov-chris-christie-postpones-signing-of-immigrant-tuition-act/

January 6, 2014 at 10:53 am
  15. 65 GGail
    January 6, 2014 at 10:56 am

Goooood West Coast morning Chipsticks & TOD family.

It’s a beautiful morning here in sunny Southern California. Temps to be in the 80’s F.

Will be a wonderful day for LP’s Auburn Tigers to play in the BCS bowl here in the Rose Bowl Stadium.

We LOVE visitors!!!!

• January 6, 2014 at 10:58 am

Goooooooooood mooooooooorning GGail! 80’s? Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

• 76 jackiegrumbacher
      January 6, 2014 at 11:34 am

GGail, please you’re killing us with that sunny and balmy weather. We’ve got dangerous wind chills starting and people are being told to take extreme caution going out. Not good. Incites a lot of envy for the “sunny” folks.

• 77 GGail
        January 6, 2014 at 11:59 am

jackieg, I’m sworry, but as you can see, I’ve opened my home to you all – courtesy of my dear sister/friend Chips.

So y’all come on over – just bring your own food :D

January 6, 2014 at 11:02 am

G’morning Chips, TOD, lurkers, everyone, and Happy Monday :)

Thanks Chips another fabulous round-up and congrats on #1!

17. 80 dotster3
    January 6, 2014 at 11:20 am

Hmmmmm—Sotomayor again? Should I be worried about some troubling signals with her? Has she gone rogue, or what is going on?

• 81 Nena20409
      January 6, 2014 at 11:31 am

She voted for ACA and DOMA so I am not sure why she is pushing the envelop here. The UT case would be another 5-4 to Go ahead. The Little Poor Sisters’ case is worrisome……6 Catholics, including Sotomayor is Not comforting to me.

• 82 cookemom
        January 6, 2014 at 12:36 pm

It’s not the nun’s case that’s bothersome because they have no standing in the matter. Sotomayor will not let her Catholic religious views impact her ruling. If that were the case, she wouldn’t have voted for DOMA. she is fast tracking the decision through the courts as Don mentioned.

btw, the more worrisome case is the Hobby Lobby one that is working its way to the SCOTUS. That one is claiming that since Robert’s court says corporations are people, then the Hobby Lobby corporation has religious rights and shouldn’t be held to the contraceptive provisions in ACA. That’s the one to watch.

• 83 57andfemale
          January 6, 2014 at 12:54 pm

if corporations have the rights of individuals, then they must give up the collective corporate rights, like limited liability, looser taxation, etc. If they claim personal rights then CEO’s get to face execution for murder when, say, an oil rig blows up. You can’t have all the rights and take no personal responsibility.

• 84 Don
      January 6, 2014 at 11:37 am

I think Justice Sotomayor is trying to take this decision through the courts so it can be made permanent, kind of like President Obama not wasting his time doing something through an executive order which can be undone by the next President.

18. January 6, 2014 at 11:34 am

Ugh. I have never been so happy that I gave up my cable this year. I was already not watching much if any of MSNBC, but now I’m too happy that even if I wanted to I can’t. Cause just hearing about this PO’ed me. So I can imagine if I actually saw Joe Scar lips moving when he did it…ugh

January 6, 2014 at 12:09 pm

MSNBC header: Senate to vote today on UIC

No more details available, since I have the TV muted because MarkDick Halperin is on with Alex Wagner. Shudders. Just had breakfast, people!

• 88 Linda
      January 6, 2014 at 12:11 pm

I turned it completely off as soon as I saw she was back and he was the guest..

Ugh ….and Double Ugh.

January 6, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Double Cringe. I can never remember what time any of these a.m. shows come on, since I don’t watch them unless Joy Reid is hosting.

20. 90 JER
    January 6, 2014 at 12:15 pm

LIVE NOW: A Look at -14°F Lake Michigan, Chicago – http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

January 6, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Somebody couldn’t get out of the driveway, so had to come back inside and phone work that s/he was having difficulties. :razz: ….oops! :(

Somebody then spent ages shoveling a part of the driveway, resting, shoveling, resting, etc. so if fresh snow doesn’t dump a bundle today/tonight, work tomorrow is a ‘go’.

Chips I know you have very strict rules and extra strong feelings about ads – this is not an ad, or even a request, okay. It’s a…a…an ..er…..an offer. Yes, an offer!

*******Any one from HAWAII, FLORIDA, or /whisper/ CA interested in a 3-month home swap, please speak to me at the entrance to TOD. I have a deal an offer you can’t refuse! This offer will be of particular interest to someone who has never experienced the beauty of freshly fallen, lily-white snow and is anxious to broaden his/her horizon. This would best suit someone who can travel promptly and you need to know there’s space enough to bring your immediate family with you. The home comes with whatever food is in the fridge and basement freezer, and with tons of different board games and unopened classic movies. Surrounded with lots of lovely snow, this is the ideal spot in which to cultivate a love for the white, fluffy stuff. You can lie in it, play games with/in it and even taste it as it falls – the possibilities are endless, but hurry, as snow doesn’t last forever!

Interested? Meet me at the TOD entrance ASAP – this offer won’t last long!

Signed – Snow Sharer *******

• January 6, 2014 at 12:25 pm

:lol: :lol: You are ONE of a kind VC – could luck with your home swap offer, I think you’ll need it!!!!

January 6, 2014 at 12:27 pm

You interested (assuming you are in one of the listed places, of course)?

• January 6, 2014 at 12:36 pm

So if I’m not in one of your listed places I’m not invited to your home? Meanie!

January 6, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Well, I’ll make an exception IF you happen to live in an area where **your** experience of snow could benefit from enrichment. This ‘offer’ is for a SWITCH (not an invitation) to broaden *my* experience of warmth.

Home invitations are for later. No mixing business offer and pleasure. :grin:

• January 6, 2014 at 1:18 pm

:lol: You have a sun-craving right now, haven’t ya? Can’t believe you’re tiring of all that lovely snow, no staying-power :roll:

January 6, 2014 at 1:32 pm

/nose in air/ One never tires of beauty, CC! Sigh. Don’t you know THAT? There are just times one realizes one shouldn’t – out of an effort to show ‘staying-power’ – hesitate to share the beauties of nature with those less fortunate.

January 6, 2014 at 12:43 pm

This is so funny! I go to read from the top of the thread for the first time only to discover part way down that there was a previous discussion about cold, warmth and home sharing!!! I really do think we guys hang around each other so much we have started to have osmosis-like thoughts. :shock: Not good. :grin: :grin:

• January 6, 2014 at 1:02 pm

I grew up in New York. The white fluffy stuff lasted 1 day. Then it became dirty, rancid slush.

January 6, 2014 at 1:03 pm

No problems here, Lib_L! *Our* white fluffy stuff is lasting, so come on over!

• 108 GGail
          January 6, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Hahahaha – vc, I can hear you – your voice in my head as you try to convince someone to come to your cold, snowy tundra – Hahahaha!!!

22. 109 Vicki
    January 6, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Last week Politico announced that there minute by minute POTUS blog was ended.
    Today the front page of Politico is All Hillary. Are they insane?

Politico opened a branch in NYC called Capital. I wonder if they will try to cover NY without mentioning de Blasio.

January 6, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Still keeping one eye on SoS Kerry and I’ve found @Jobiddle a good place to do so.

24. 112 cookemom
    January 6, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Diary of a Snow Shoveler

December 8 – 6:00 PM
    It started to snow.
    The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven.
    It looked like a Grandma Moses Print.
    So romantic we felt like newlyweds again.
    I love snow!

December 9
    We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape.
    What a fantastic sight!
    Can there be a lovelier place in the whole world?
    Moving here was the best idea I’ve ever had!
    Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a boy again.
    I did both our driveway and the sidewalks.
    This afternoon the snowplow came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again.
    What a perfect life!

December 12
    The sun has melted all our lovely snow.
    Such a disappointment!
    My neighbor tells me not to worry- we’ll definitely have a white Christmas.
    No snow on Christmas would be awful!
    Bob says we’ll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I’ll never want to see snow again
    I don’t think that’s possible.
    Bob is such a nice man, I’m glad he’s our neighbor.

December 14
    Snow, lovely snow! 8 inches last night.
    The temperature dropped to -20.
    The cold makes everything sparkle so.
    The wind took my breath away, but I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks.
    This is the life!
    The snowplow came back this afternoon and buried everything again.
    I didn’t realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I’ll certainly get back in shape this way.
    I wish l wouldn’t huff and puff so.

December 15
    20 inches forecast.
    Sold my van and bought a 4×4 Blazer.
    Bought snow tires for the wife’s car and 2 extra shovels.
    Stocked the freezer.
    The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out.
    I think that’s silly.
    We aren’t in Alaska , after all.

December 16
    Ice storm this morning.
    Fell on my ass on the ice in the driveway putting down salt.
    Hurt like hell.
    The wife laughed for an hour, which I think was very cruel.

December 17
    Still way below freezing.
    Roads are too icy to go anywhere.
    Electricity was off for 5 hours.
    I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm.
    Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her.
    Guess I should’ve bought a wood stove, but won’t admit it to her.
    God I hate it when she’s right.
    I can’t believe I’m freezing to death in my own living room.

December 20
    Electricity’s back on, but had another 14 inches of the damn stuff last night.
    More shoveling!
    Took all day.
    The damn snowplow came by twice.
    Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they’re too busy playing hockey.
    I think they’re lying.
    Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow blower and they’re out.
    Might have another shipment in March.
    I think they’re lying.
    Bob says I have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill me.
    I think he’s lying.

December 22
    Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of the white shit fell today, and it’s so cold, it probably won’t melt till August.
    Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to piss.
    By the time I got undressed, pissed and dressed again. I was too tired to shovel.
    Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of the winter, but he says he’s too busy. I think the asshole is lying.

December 23
    Only 2 inches of snow today
    And it warmed up to 0.
    The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house this morning.
    What is she, nuts?!!
    Why didn’t she tell me to do that a month ago?
    She says she did but I think she’s lying.

December 24
    6 inches – Snow packed so hard by snowplow, l broke the shovel.
    Thought I was having a heart attack.
    If I ever catch the son of a bitch who drives that snow plow, I’ll drag him through the snow by his balls and beat him to death with my broken shovel.
    I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then he comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I’ve just been!
    Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols with her and open our presents, but I was too busy watching for the damn snowplow.

December 25
    Merry freaking Christmas!
    20 more inches of the damn slop tonight -Snowed in.
    The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil.
    God, I hate the snow!
    Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel.
    The wife says I have a bad attitude.
    I think she’s an idiot.
    If I have to watch “It’s A Wonderful Life” one more time, I’m going to stuff her into the microwave.

December 26
    Still snowed in.
    Why the hell did I ever move here?
    It was all HER idea.
    She’s really getting on my nerves.

December 27
    Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze; plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him, he only charged me $1,400 to replace all my pipes.

December 28
    Warmed up to above -20.
    Still snowed in.
    The BITCH is driving me crazy!!!

December 29
    10 more inches.
    Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in..
    That’s the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30
    Roof caved in.
    I beat up the snow plow driver, and now he is suing me for a million dollars, not only the beating I gave him, but also for trying to shove the broken snow shovel up his ass.
    The wife went home to her mother.
    Nine more inches predicted.

December 31
    I set fire to what’s left of the house.
    No more shoveling.

January 6
    Feel so good.
    I just love those little white pills they keep giving me.
    Why am I tied to the bed?

January 6, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Well, I won’t watch her then, either.

• 126 No Child Left Behind
      January 6, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Good Day Everyone,

Glad to see Jay back. But I wish we had another WHPC. Those toddlers in the room are just to much for me.

• 127 Layla
        January 6, 2014 at 1:18 pm

I do not see them as ‘toddlers’ but rather vicious assholes

• 128 No Child Left Behind
          January 6, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Layla,

I wanted to remain within the boundaries of allowable comments. But your description is certainly the right one. Thanks for the correction.

26. 129 Nena20409
    January 6, 2014 at 1:18 pm

photo/1

27. January 6, 2014 at 1:24 pm

:shock:

28. 137 Nena20409
    January 6, 2014 at 1:35 pm

According to a new profile piece in The Atlantic, GOP pollster and frequent Fox News contributor Frank Luntz sunk into a depression following the 2012 election in which President Obama won re-election over Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

Luntz described himself as “less healthy now than [he has] ever been in [his] life,” sleeping two or three hours at a time and fretting over the future of his career in political consulting. The Atlantic‘s Molly Ball wrote:

The crisis began, he says, after last year’s presidential election, when Luntz became profoundly depressed. For more than a month, he tried to stay occupied, but nothing could keep his attention. Finally, six weeks after the election, during a meeting of his consulting company in Las Vegas, he fell apart. Leaving his employees behind, he flew back to his mansion in Los Angeles, where he stayed for three weeks, barely going outside or talking to anyone.

////

If anyone was ever in doubt about why the TBGOPers are severely suffering with ODS…….Look no further than their Wordsmith Guru, Frank Luntz catatonic existence since Nov 6 2012.. This is also affecting the NY/DC Media elites. They did their best in 2012. They failed. So they are all doubling down. Politico closing their 44 blog. And Now some wrote up thread is Focusing on Hillary. Well it is yet another example of the DC/NY media since Nov 6, 2012 trying to Historically erase pres Obama from the History books. Historians, honest Historians would not be kind to these people.

• 138 No Child Left Behind
      January 6, 2014 at 1:40 pm

These people are so disconnected to reality. They concoct a narrative, repeat it endlessly and then believe it. They need to sign up for Obamacare then seek strong medical advice.

FORWARD!

• 139 Nena20409
        January 6, 2014 at 1:44 pm

1001% in agreement with your assessment.

• 140 Nena20409
        January 6, 2014 at 1:48 pm

He further added:

“The old Frank Luntz was sure he could invent slogans to sell the righteous conservative path of personal responsibility and free markets to anyone,” Ball wrote.” The new Frank Luntz fears that is no longer the case, and it’s driving him crazy.”

IT’S DRIVING HIM CRAZY. Hmm?

• 141 Linda
      January 6, 2014 at 1:49 pm

CBS did an article back in 2007 about Luntz being ” despondent ” about Washington DC …..Then they hired him last year.

January 6, 2014 at 1:40 pm
  30. 143 Nena20409
    January 6, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I just went to Whitehouse.gov/live.

I want those facial hair off Jay’s face. He looks like “Clark Kent” without the facial hair.

His wife must like it. Hence the change.

Jay looks a tad older. He’s 48 yrs old. He will be 49 in May 2014.

31. 144 Layla
    January 6, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Jay gets to do what Jay wants