Jan

Night Owl Chat

11665285163_4787b541ea_b

Pete Souza: “Gotta love the reaction of that young face as the President greeted members of the audience following a ceremony honoring the 2012 BCS National Champion University of Alabama Crimson Tide football team on the South Lawn of the White House.”

That joyous and wondrous expression is one more reason why the Obama presidency will have top billing in the history books.

Wishing you all sweet dreams! :D

50 Responses to “Night Owl Chat”

• 2 99ts
      January 9, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Hello LDS

Thanks UT – what a glorious picture to end the day – the comparison with a certain governor is wonderful to behold

• 3 LDS
        January 10, 2014 at 12:14 am

Hello 99ts,
        Thank you for the shout out. I had a long day giving out clothes, food , smiles and hugs to the less fortunate today. Makes you feel good to serve others and do the right thing.
        So I am just getting here to catch up.

I am so glad that Bully is finally being exposed for who and what he really is. As I said yesterday, I wish all the people would come forth and share their experiences while in that traffic jam. I panic every time I have to cross the GWB and to think this was manipulated is just plain mean.
        His demeanor is equal to Rudy Gulliani. Brazen like Bloomberg. And I dare say Ed Koch was not funny at all.
        This Bully is so pathetic he thinks he is doing a one man standup comic show whenever a mic is in his hand.

What disgusts me even more is the press plays into his hands. He may fire all of his loyal staffers if he wants, but that will not change him. He even blames his own mother for his own behavior. It seems like he will do anything to others who goes against him.
        He is right. He is what he is……pathetic!
        Going to view RM video.
        Thanks again 99ts. Good morning, right?

• 4 99ts
          January 10, 2014 at 12:30 am

Hi LDS

Tis afternoon 3.30PM – We are 15 hours ahead of US eastern & 18 hours ahead of Pacific time – which means I can fly to LA and arrive before I leave home :)

I now feel a little sad (to use the words of the governor) about the waste of my day – I do wonder how people survive when the last unemployment payment is gone – you have actions that support my thoughts. No doubt you have helped many today with words as well as goods.

I’m moving to the side that thinks Christie won’t survive this – a race to immunity between those who have been fired (or those that will soon be fired) is the likely outcome.

Meanwhile, PBO continues with his good work. He may have some people less than competent, or some who disagree with his decisions – but I have never heard talk of “political retribution” – and Christie showed his stupid when he used the term.

• 5 LDS
            January 10, 2014 at 1:26 am

Back here after reading ALL posts.
            WHEW!
            But good readings.
            I had no idea a person died and a child was missing.
            “Political retribution” is his middle name.
            He reminds me of an ” Independent Judge” (who really was a republican) but lied to become a judge. They are such liars. They will lie about anything. He probably told his staffers to go along with this until everything blows over. He is so sure he is going to beat this.
            With Chuck Todd forgiving him, he is a loser any way you look at this.

• 6 99ts
              January 10, 2014 at 2:02 am

I spent way to long reading it all today – still here!! – almost time to get dinner for the one who supports me :)
              Chuck Todd is almost the only MSNBC pundit still supporting him – but the WHPC will always support the GOP
              MorningJoe was doubtful this am – but will probably support him tomorrow

If you have time watch Rachel’s show.

Thanks for the chat – and thankyou for helping folks today.

• 7 LDS
                January 10, 2014 at 7:07 am

You are so kind.
                If I am up, you must be asleep. So finally(drum please) GOOD MORNING!
                Off to Central Park for my brisk morning walk. My walking partner is leaving for South Africa on Wednesday, so I just want to get in as much chit/chat before she leaves. The chill makes us walk even faster…..not really.
                Truth be told, it is the light breakfast at McDonald’s.
                Enjoy your day!

January 9, 2014 at 11:44 pm

January 9, 2014 at 11:46 pm

He’s just so happy to see his President!

January 9, 2014 at 11:50 pm

LOL! Our Fruitfly has been drinking this evening, and hence the monologues :)

January 9, 2014 at 11:50 pm

This must be the motto for all 99%’ers. Don’t fucking just stand there, do something.

5. 15 Judith Fardig
    January 9, 2014 at 11:51 pm

That beautiful boy looks litte little Barack!

6. 18 Judith Fardig
    January 9, 2014 at 11:51 pm

oops – like little Barack

January 9, 2014 at 11:54 pm

January 10, 2014 at 12:02 am

January 10, 2014 at 12:05 am

10. 26 Lynn
    January 10, 2014 at 12:14 am

You’re done now, CC.

The righties loved your schtick….until you ‘touched’ (SHUDDER) that one.

NEXT!?!?

11. January 10, 2014 at 12:19 am

I need a pick me up so I’ve been hanging around reading your tweets. DOJ and Holder deserve more money to try cases. Let’s push for it.

12. 29 Lynn
    January 10, 2014 at 12:28 am

Talk about ammo! The crass, thoughtless, vindictive folks like christie make it easy!

Our President deals with this 24/7/365.

January 10, 2014 at 12:33 am

January 10, 2014 at 12:34 am

15. January 10, 2014 at 12:50 am

Here’s the CBO report referenced in this article. In other words, the GOP reason for cuts is BS.

16. 34 Lynn
    January 10, 2014 at 1:07 am

CC was a one finger JABBING braggart adored by righties (reasons are self-explanatory).

Operative word…..WAS!

17. 35 Lynn
    January 10, 2014 at 1:14 am

Apparently belligerence does have a ‘use by’ date and christie seems to have exceeded that timeline.

January 10, 2014 at 1:55 am

Thanks for this sweet touch before some of us start to think about heading off for dreamland, UT. Almost as sweet as the image is Pete Souza’s caption!

19. January 10, 2014 at 2:05 am

Sweet dreams, #BullyChristie ….

We the People will sweep this bully into oblivion.

Yes We Can

20. January 10, 2014 at 2:08 am

Wishing the TOD Community a very fine 10 Jan 2014.

We are truly the ones we have been awaiting!

And, We Take Care Of Our Own ….

#FORWARD Together

January 10, 2014 at 2:14 am

22. January 10, 2014 at 4:13 am

Made the mistake of clicking on links to Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O’Donnell’s programs that various TODers had mentioned. America could use a lot more of what I’ve just spent very precious moments listening, instead of sleeping!!! Oh well …

Christie is now going to live the life of Tricky Dick though I hope the outcome is a bit different – instead of merely resigning and living in infamy, I hope the dude goes to jail.

23. 45 relellit
    January 10, 2014 at 4:25 am

It was so unusual to the see offensive, bully, Gov Christie in a subdued mode. Phony??? Heck Yea! Every one knows Christie is lying (except Christie).

24. 46 Layla
    January 10, 2014 at 5:05 am

Have a great day all!! Just a note…many many times when I come on this site the number of comments is at 44!!! Freaks me out..in a good way! OK off to work

25. 47 Linda
    January 10, 2014 at 6:40 am

Good Morning…

I love waking up to laughter…

“Chris Christie is someone who is magical in the way politicians can be magical.” Time’s Mark Halperin appearing on Meet The Press, November 10 2013.

Joe and Mika are wallowing in Christie love…..

• 48 Cindy
      January 10, 2014 at 6:57 am

Good morning Linda, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
      Did you see Joe and Mika? The bopsy twins in full press court for Crispy Cream Chris. It was freaking pathetic, and then Joe Jokester attacked the President on every front, calling his name with such hatred in his voice; Barack Obama. They want to take the heat off the slob Chris and place it on the President, and I say; HELL NO YOU CANT. Joe is scum and he attacked the President on IRS, Benghazi, etc. saying; Chris did better than Barack Obama. I DISLIKE THIS SCUM BAG AND HIS SIDE KICK MIKA!!! : o

Then, they wanted everyone to agree with their s_____, and of course, there was no one to defend our President. I am sick and tired of how the repukes do wrong, harm innocent people, and then Chris becomes the President Katrina.

I hope Joe reaps what he sows and I pray that President Obama will witness his fall to disgrace-Joe scumbag jokester.

26. 49 Cindy
    January 10, 2014 at 7:02 am

Good morning Chipsticks,
    I didn’t find any presents when I got in last night for being first : (

However, if Danny boy doesn’t show up for breakfast, there are no pictures of me carrying him away for ransom, none, none. It wasn’t me. Now can I be 1st. : ) ?

Happy Friday, down Danny boy down…shhhh shhhhh, Chipsticks may hear you.