Jan

Miami Heat At The White House

2014-01-14T203838Z_243470344_GM1EA1F0CT201_RTRMADP_3_USA-OBAMA

President Barack Obama smiles as coach Erik Spoelstra presents him with a gift as he hosts the 2013 NBA champions Miami Heat in the East Room of the White House

201401141456537784122-p5

2014-01-14T204939Z_1514452177_GM1EA1F0DBG01_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA

obama-meets-nba-champion-miami-20140114-205156-436

2014-01-14T204651Z_2081085077_GM1EA1F0D7801_RTRMADP_3_USA-OBAMA

201401141452535624120-p5

obama-meets-nba-champion-miami-20140114-205201-193

2014-01-14T204149Z_561706052_GM1EA1F0CZ201_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA

Miami Heat player Ray Allen shakes hands with U.S. President Barack Obama after giving him a jersey

190 Responses to “Miami Heat At The White House”

1. 1 Joy
    January 14, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Helloooooo Miami Heat!

2. 2 jackiegrumbacher
    January 14, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Hi, Joy. Despite all the idiocy the president has come back to in DC, he still looks well-rested and relaxed. Probably even happier this week because FLOTUS is back.

3. 5 PrayerWarriorforObama
    January 14, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Isn’t it illegal to have so much awesomeness in one room?

4. January 14, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Goooooorgeous photos UT, thanks a gazillion!!!!

5. 9 Ladyhawke
    January 14, 2014 at 4:31 pm

It makes me melt to see everybody smiling so broadly. Mr. President, you are loved.

6. 10 Vicki
    January 14, 2014 at 4:43 pm

So, I got over thinking Cory Booker was a shameless showboat self-promoter and embraced his Senate win. That did not turn out well.

Now I am over “The Announcement” and embracing the Heat’s enthusiasm in the White House and am grateful to LeBron and Company for brightening POTUS’ day.
    Sure hope this personal change of mind ends up better than the first one!

7. 11 ouapiti
    January 14, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Our POTUS is certainly looking fine! Thanks for the posts!

8. 12 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Fantastic Pictorial Threat.

Look at those Tall, Lean and Young Looking men. Holy Smokes ;) What is Not To Love :)

9. 17 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Joy To The Gold ;) …….

• 18 Joy
      January 14, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Now I like that Nena, :-) Would have loved to win a gold in figure skating at the olympics. hmmmm, never got that chance. lol

10. 19 yardarm756
    January 14, 2014 at 5:07 pm

I look at these photos and it fills me up.

11. January 14, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Hiya everyone, hate to add a concerned message to a beautiful post, but just wanted to check again if anyone has heard from Dudette?

I emailed her at the address she uses for TOD and haven’t heard back, but it might not be an address she uses regularly, so that might not mean anything.

Has anyone had contact with Dudette outside of TOD before? Would you have an address for her that doesn’t begin with ‘Dudette9t9′?

It could very well be that Dudette is away, or is just taking a break from here and Twitter, which would be completely understandable, but just hoping we can find a way of checking she is okay.

Thanks everyone.

12. 62 dotster3
    January 14, 2014 at 5:18 pm

School shooter today in N.M. was a 12 yr. old boy in 7th grade!

13. 64 No Child Left Behind
    January 14, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Nice title. Chris Christie is referred to as the Master of Distractions as he claimed that he didn’t want to be distracted today in his speech.

• 65 Nena20409
      January 14, 2014 at 5:23 pm

The Mask is Finally off.

He is Not Fooling anyone anymore. Unless that person is JoeScar per the comments on Early Bird and R&S ;)

• January 14, 2014 at 5:50 pm

You are not kidding about Joe Scar. I heard him this morning and he is spinning like a top over this.

• 67 99ts
          January 14, 2014 at 7:06 pm

So did I – and he keeps saying “IRS – that was a true scandal” – despite that it was not a “true” scandal – Joe’s brain realizes that most stories on the President are lies – he just can’t bring himself to accept this fact

No doubt Christie has a gig waiting on Fox – he can be a co compere with Palin – might take him a while to learn the language – but the job will pay well.

14. 68 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Baby Come Back

Players Huge Hit for Duddette

I hope that She checks in Chips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch ?v=DnfSoaJxe3Y

15. 69 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Jay Carney’s 1-13-14 WH presser. Today’s has not been uploaded yet.

January 14, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Nice pics, Utal! You’ve got a good eye. ;) :grin:

17. 71 relellit
    January 14, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Love seeing #44 smack dab in the middle. Yes, our President is surrounded with love.

18. 73 Linda
    January 14, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Rep. Sean Maloney (D-N.Y.) announced this week that he is engaged to Randy Florke, his partner of 21 years.

“After 21 years together, we are excited for the next step in our journey as a family,” the couple said in a statement released by Maloney’s office. “For decades, we’ve fought to ensure that all families can experience the joys of loving commitment and we are proud to have our friends and family share this special moment with us in the near future.”

According to The Hill, the couple was engaged on Christmas Day. They have yet to set a date for their wedding.

19. 74 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 5:31 pm

At the Cabinet meetings today……1-14-14

PBO speaking as the Cameras Click sounds are heard.

January 14, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Seeing POTUS smiling happily, and thinking of FLOTUS, I’ve decided to post my birthday wishes for her ‘early’ here, for you guys to see. I was going to try and make a YouTube video all by myself, then caved because it was waaaay beyond me! :roll: (I don’t know how Chips, and DonnaD, and the other TOD experts make them look so ‘easy’.) Instead I gathered some pictures together, then begged offspring to help. Check it out.

21. 94 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind behind the September 11th attacks who has been in military custody at Guantanamo Bay since 2006, has released a new manifesto that contains a major reversal regarding the use of violence to spread Islam. According to the document, obtained by The Huffington Post, KSM (as he is often called) now believes that “The Holy Quran forbids us to use force as a means of converting.”

KSM spends most of the 36-page document trying to convince his captors to convert to Islam. “It is my religious duty in dealing with any non-Muslims such as the people in the court (the Judge, the prosecution, attorneys, etc.) to invite them to embrace Islam,” he writes. “I realize very well that you have heard about Islam and know much about it. But it is my own belief that Allah will ask me on the Day of Judgment why I did not invite these people to Islam?”

22. 101 dotster3
    January 14, 2014 at 5:48 pm

23. 105 dotster3
    January 14, 2014 at 5:54 pm

• 106 99ts
      January 14, 2014 at 5:58 pm

He has been hitting teaches since he first appeared on the horizon – obviously another vendetta – probably because a union member didn’t support his campaign. The man has SERIOUS emotional and bulling problems – insane are the democrats who support him, scared of retaliation are the ones who do not.

24. 110 Linda
    January 14, 2014 at 5:57 pm

A judge has ruled Oklahoma’s ban on gay marriage unconstitutional, Tulsa World reports.

U.S. Senior District Judge Terence Kern made the ruling, which is stayed pending appeal, on Tuesday. Marriages will not occur immediately in Oklahoma.

25. January 14, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Time to end the Filibuster…a majority of the Senators voted for UI….

26. January 14, 2014 at 6:04 pm

• 120 99ts
      January 14, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Everyone must have the right to stand within a foot of the clinic – and don’t forget the guns!
      This is so outrageous – the harm that the righteous do to the many is beyond my understanding.

27. 121 anniebella
    January 14, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Republicans Senators just block Unemployment Benefits. I am just so tired of these sorry ass Republicans.

28. January 14, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Howdy Obots.

That’s pretty much all I have. This ridiculously unseasonably hot weather has me cranky.

• January 14, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Snowed-under people? Hunt him down!!

• January 14, 2014 at 6:23 pm

I wouldn’t put up much of a fight. I’ve just been knackered the past two days.

• January 14, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Me too, a yucky worky start to the year :-(

• January 14, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Ugh, I’m sorry, Chiparoo. *I* just want to go home for a long winter’s nap. Except it feels more like summer. All kidding aside, we are in a severe drought. We’d better get a few storms soon.

January 14, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Lib_L, trying to decide if I should re-offer you the possibility of a home trade for a couple of months. See, we are nice and cool here – I had my winter coat open when I went out today.
              Hmmm. …maybe, out of the kindness of my heart, I should. ‘Twould cool you down a little. We-ell….. no, maybe not, ’cause you weren’t willing to trade a week or so ago when I desperately needed some extra heat. Sorry, Lib_L, no go.

29. 128 99ts
    January 14, 2014 at 6:16 pm

The President has the most amazing patience – Idiots like Christie pretend the bipartisan & hit on ANYONE who does not worship at the door of his office – the President for 5 years has been reaching out to republicans and they refuse everything – regardless of the benefit to their own constituents and the press – carry the GOP water – everywhere, every time.

Christie’s overreach is the the first time in 5 years the press has a GOP problem – I hope the President is smiling as he carries on the good works.

30. January 14, 2014 at 6:25 pm

But just to show that I’m not a sea of crankiness, I had a wonderful interaction with one of the nannies at Storytime.

She was leaving with her charge, and asked me if I spoke Spanish. I said “Pues si, claro!” and we started talking.

She told me that she had recorded one of my Storytimes to show to her employer. The mom was just floored by my performance, and wanted her to thank me for doing what I did. And the nanny said I had a gift from God and thanked me.

And that, folks, is why I love my job.

31. 131 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 6:28 pm

So Now Bill O’Reilly is Saying that raising Minimum wage to $10 Bucks is Okay and Lou Dobbs agrees?

Hmm? Hell in the rightie world has frozen?

• 132 yardarm756
      January 14, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Now all the little “devils” can go ice skating, eh?

• 133 99ts
      January 14, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Pure pretense – they can pretend anything – no power to actually implement. Christie says he is non-partisan – then he damages every mayor who doesn’t support him for election.

32. 134 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    January 14, 2014 at 6:36 pm

33. January 14, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Tomorrow PBO meets with the Senate DEMs…I would love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting

34. January 14, 2014 at 6:40 pm

I am so looking forward to the SOTU address…

35. January 14, 2014 at 6:42 pm

• January 14, 2014 at 7:19 pm

This was such a beautiful gown and FLotus looked so beautiful and sexy in that gown….she wore her bangs to perfection….hahaha…she was absolutely PERFECT that night….and from the look on PBOs face…he agrees with me….hahaha…I loved this moment so much…

• 139 Lynn
      January 14, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I know it’s hinky, but I could eat them both with a spoon!

36. 141 Claire
    January 14, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Great pics. I love Pres. Obama.

37. January 14, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Judge Callie V.S. Granade, of Federal District Court in Mobile, used a mechanism in the law that the Supreme Court had left untouched, Section 3, which allows jurisdictions that have intentionally discriminated against minority voters to be “bailed in” to the oversight requirements.

• 143 Nena20409
      January 14, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Great news. I will read it off line. Thanks pretty foot ;)

No Democracy thrives without Voting Rights and a True Honest Factually based Mass Media.

38. 144 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Finally Jay’s Presser at the WH today, 1-14-14

Have a Great evening. Over and Out for a While.

39. 145 dotster3
    January 14, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Tampa movie theater shooter may try a “stand your ground” defense——-saying he was in fear of his life because the man in front of him threw popcorn at him after an argument escalated about the victim texting during the previews. The victim, at the movie with his wife, was texting their babysitter who was home with their 3 yr. old daughter. Shooter’s gun jammed after the first and fatal shot or he might have shot the wife too. insanity.

40. 149 yardarm756
    January 14, 2014 at 7:08 pm

THE OSTRICH !

A man walks into a restaurant with a full-grown ostrich behind him. The waitress asks them for their orders. The man says, “A hamburger, fries and a coke,” and turns to the ostrich, “What’s yours?” “I’ll have the same,” says the ostrich.

A short time later the waitress returns with the order. “That will be $9.40 please” The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out the exact change for payment.
    The next day, the man and the ostrich come again and the man says, “A hamburger, fries and a coke.” The ostrich says, “I’ll have the same.”
    Again the man reaches into his pocket and pays with exact change.

This becomes routine until the two enter again. “The usual?” Asks the waitress. “No, this is Friday night, so I will have a steak, baked potato and a salad,” says the man. “Same,” says the ostrich. Shortly the waitress brings the order and says, “That will be $32.62.” Once again the man pulls the exact change out of his pocket and places it on the table.

The waitress cannot hold back her curiosity any longer. “Excuse me, Sir. How do you manage to always come up with the exact change in your pocket every time?”

“Well,” says the man, “several years ago I was cleaning the attic and found an old lamp. When I rubbed it, a Genie appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I would just put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money would always be there.”

“That’s brilliant!” says the waitress. “Most people would ask for a million dollars or something, but you’ll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live!”

“That’s right..Whether it’s a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact money is always there,” says the man.

The waitress asks, “What’s with the ostrich?”

The man sighs, pauses and answers, “My second wish was for a tall chick with a big ass and long legs who agrees with everything I say.”

41. 152 dotster3
    January 14, 2014 at 7:21 pm

• 153 susanne
      January 14, 2014 at 7:34 pm

it amazes me that the same people who rage about president obama’s ‘interference’ in their lives and liberty (from health care to improved education) think it’s boyishly cute for christie to run rampant over public services.

• 154 Nena20409
      January 14, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Seriously?

I wonder how he treats his family. What an arse.

42. January 14, 2014 at 7:28 pm

43. 163 dotster3
    January 14, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Unbelievable shameful list. Again, for me this is the #1 issue in this country—-this runaway gun violence——#1 by a million miles. Something has to be done to rein this in. We just can’t be ok with a shooting a week in our schools —–etc. etc. etc.

44. 166 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 7:47 pm

WOW Wow WOW

Sen Wendy Davis raised How Much :shock: and :cool: and :)

UPDATE at 5:50 p.m.: Wendy Davis, the leading Democratic contender for governor, announced Tuesday that her campaign and a joint effort with a Democratic voter turnout group raised more than $12.2 million for the race.

Go Wendy, Go, Go :!:

45. 171 globalcitizenlinda
    January 14, 2014 at 7:59 pm

46. January 14, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Holy smokes, we need a new post – give me 12 minutes, 42 seconds.

47. 174 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Chris Christie’s administration has not released any numbers relating to New Jersey residents displaced by Superstorm Sandy. In September, The Ocean County Planning Board estimated that 26,000 Ocean County residents remain displaced. Andrea Kassimatis lives in the neighboring county of Monmouth.

Part I: Before Sandy

We bought our house in September 2009, we closed on the house the same day I started Nursing School. Mike and I both worked two jobs to save up for the down payment and had 12 cents leftover in the bank after closing on the house.

48. 175 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 8:12 pm
  49. January 14, 2014 at 8:15 pm

For the photographers out there, check this out!

January 14, 2014 at 8:15 pm

This is especially for Bobfr….who’s been screaming this from the rooftops for ages:)

51. 183 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    January 14, 2014 at 8:23 pm

52. 184 arapaho415
    January 14, 2014 at 8:30 pm

For dotster, upthread.

We as a society are becoming inured to school shootings. MSM has declared they won’t cover shootings for fewer than 10 victims.

Roswell NM feels much more like Texas than New Mexico. Their street lights look like alien heads and a converted downtown movie theater is now a UFO museum. It’s also Linda Ronstadt’s hometown, but I didn’t see any reference to her when I was there, which is surprising for a small southwest town.

P.S. Thanks, BobFR for mentioning WordPress Twitter problem. Been having Chrome/Twitter problems, so I’m never sure if the problems I experience are just for me and my ancient Windows OS.

53. 185 dotster3
    January 14, 2014 at 8:30 pm

54. January 14, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Evening approaches here in SF:

55. 188 Nena20409
    January 14, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I bet that as soon as I call it a night, a New spanking Thread will emerge ;)

I am waiting. Anticipating. Patiently.

56. 190 HZ
    January 14, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Hello my Chips, Danny and TOD family. I have been taking care to prepare for two medical appointments for this week. Tomorrow is the first. Please keep me in your thoughts. I will be fine.

I hope all is well with Dudette. Love all of my TOD family. Thanks for your love as well. Our POTUS is looking fine as always. Moving FORWARD with Action. HZ

RSS OFA