Jan

Michelle Obama: A Woman Of Character

lets-move-philly

Vogue: Michelle Obama: A Woman Of Substance

The most important thing Obama has done for women in terms of fashion is give them a sense of liberation to explore and experiment. Even when she is doing a sack race in the White House with Jimmy Fallon, her exercise clothes are original. “First Lady Michelle Obama has freed America from the old rules of style, from the idea that fashion has to be exclusive, that there’s one right way to dress and one group of arbiters to set the standard. She projects a new kind of glamour that is relaxed, fun, and deeply democratic,” says author Gioia Diliberto. “In subtle but fundamental ways, Michelle has transformed how we dress.

“I have always said I design for the thinking man’s sex symbol, and she defines it in every way,” says Prabal Gurung. “Every time she wears something of mine, it has given my seamstresses and tailors, my factories here in the Garment District a new zeal. They have felt a sense of pride, a renewed sense of purpose and hope. More important, what she has done is give millions of people back home in Nepal and around the world a message, a hope that with perseverance, hard work, and integrity, the dream that came true for me could also be theirs.”

She is never out of fashion for a simple reason that has nothing to do with the runway seasons: “Everyone talks about Michelle Obama’s sense of style and the firmness of her arms. It is true she loves clothes and looks amazing, and I love to see her wear vibrant colors and interesting bias cuts and show her fit and strong body,” says von Furstenberg. “But what comes across is her incredible intelligence, her caring being, her true substance. That fabric is indestructible and very colorful. It is called character.”

More here

michelle-obama-at-joining-forces-event

first-lady-michelle-obama-hands-a-diploma-to-a-graduating-senior-during-the-martin-602x401

p041311ck-0269

Harriette Cole: How Michelle Used Style To Move A Nation

So, what does the new 50 look like? Two words: Michelle Obama. Think about it: How many women in television news and in corporate offices across the country had what the President affectionately called “the right to bare arms” before Michelle Obama started sporting her long, lean limbs? Those sleeveless dresses got women pumping iron, too, urging them on with the dream that they, too, could look as good as she one day. Michelle Obama has introduced the country and beyond to a woman who is unafraid to be herself, who embraces her uniqueness, and who strategically says what she thinks. Saying it through her attire was a clever way to open many doors.

She sold out a Donna Ricco dress from White House/Black Market when she made an early appearance on “The View,” showing you don’t have to break the bank to look good. She dazzled viewers in British-Nigerian designer Duro Olowu’s crazy mixed-up patterns while exercising with children on “Sesame Street.” When she took off a shiny black leather jacket to do 25 pushups (three more than Ellen DeGeneres on her own show), folks stopped checking so much for who she was wearing and instead took a good look at what she was saying. Had Michelle Obama come out on the national stage wearing a frown, pounding her fists, saying we have to get healthy and move our bodies or we are going to die, it’s unlikely that her cause would have been met with as much success. Instead, she has made looking and feeling good hip, even fashionable.

She took a fashion road less traveled, walking away from heavyweights like Oscar de la Renta, Ralph Lauren and Carolina Herrera and choosing to give some newbies and/or smaller houses a chance. She gave Jason Wu a meteoric jump-start with her first inaugural gown, broadened black female designer Tracy Reese’s reach with a sunny People magazine cover and has championed a whole host of other creators—Maria Pinto, Narciso Rodriguez, Thakoon, Tracy Feith, Rachel Roy—many who got the kind of shine they hadn’t dared dream about before her reign. Why does this matter? Michelle Obama has artfully navigated her time in office to elevate the collective consciousness about diversity, health and fitness.

More here

mo-vogue-620x427.png?w=655

Michaela Angela Davis: Fifty, Fierce And The First Lady

I love your wife.” I’ve had one chance to say one thing to the president of these whole United States and that’s what I said?  He was Senator Barack Obama at the time, a presidential hopeful. It was summer 2007 and the hope of Black, young and progressive America was so fresh and thick on him he left some in my palm after I shook his hand, the dew of hope in my grip. “Well, I do too” he said, then shot me that sly spectacular smile. We snapped a photo and that was last I saw of that Illinois senator. That one thing I said to the President, was the truth.  I did love his wife. I loved what she symbolized, I loved her station, her stature, her style, her skin, and I loved her big, smart smile.

A small cadre of significant sisters had an event:  “Women of Harlem present Michelle Obama.”  I watched as she entered the room of leading women most of whom she had never met, as if we were her besties and this was her birthday tea.   She was taller than I had imagined—actually, I’d never really imagined her. I dared not imagine a First Lady like this: warm, engaging, funny and Black from a distance (a description I boosted from Melissa Harris Perry, who borrowed it from her BFF Professor Blair L.M. Kelley). I was pleased she wasn’t delicate; she had a substantial physical presence that had to be reckoned with. Nope, she was “not his little wife.”  She glided her way around the room with purpose, no wasted moves.  When it came time to give her campaign pep talk she got loose, giving us real talk. Though I can’t quote anything she said that day, I’ll never forget how she made me feel: relevant.

Oh yes, I love her smarts, her swag, her smile, her style, but what I truly love about Michelle Obama is her ability to help us heal. On her first Vogue Magazine cover in March 2009 (major that it was March—that’s the spring fashion edition), the cover line read “Michelle Obama: The First Lady The World’s Been Waiting For.”  I don’t know about the whole world, but as a Black woman in media and as an “Image Activist,” Michelle Obama is what I, what we critically needed to move forward. We needed some one to point to, to say “See?  We are beautiful, bold, educated, independent, loving and well loved. We are here, Black Women are here and we will not disappear, be ignored or be the objects of the Black girl pity pathology.”

More here

MichelleObama3

P110111LJ-0255_0

Michelle_Obama_Lets_Move_2nd_anniversary_tour_February_9,_2012

Michelle Obama

149 Responses to “Michelle Obama: A Woman Of Character”

1. January 18, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Sing to the moon, and the stars will shine. Hope MO and her mister have a fabu party tonight.

January 18, 2014 at 9:10 pm

This is funny, Nerdy Wonka! I was sitting here doing my assigned research on Michelle Obama, when a mind said I should peek in to see if blog was updated. :grin:

January 18, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Great pics and articles.

/sd the krakken

January 18, 2014 at 9:29 pm

My aborted project (abortion explained after 2) below)

First Lady Michelle: In Her Own Words

On Michelle Obama’s 50th birthday the media talked a lot, a whole lot, about her fashion sense. They talked about her manner of dress, her choice of designers, her style, etc. etc. Everywhere I turned someone was showcasing Mrs. O’s physical beauty, and how the First Lady enhances whatever she wears. All of this is true… MO is an extremely beautiful woman! However, there is so, so much more to her than outward appearance! I griped briefly (Well, okay, my ‘briefly’ could be someone else’s full page article) about this one-dimensional approach …… and thus I came to be assigned the task of investigating FL Obama’s other sides (Thanks, CC).

As all TODobots know, the fact is that Michelle L. Robinson Obama is beautiful OUTSIDE and INSIDE.

So as I do not need to convince anyone here, I chose to gather together evidence of what FLOTUS has herself said, knowing that there are any number of examples out there to prove MO lives what she says.

1) ‘In my own life, in my own small way, I’ve tried to give back to this country that has given me so much.’ ~Michelle L. Obama

A perfect example of this is the ‘Joining Forces’ initiative, which is spearheaded by the combined focus of FL Obama and Dr. Biden.

{NerdyW, I was working to complete the middle of my assignment when I peeked in and noticed that you already were way ahead, so I’m pulling a Palin, right after saying “Thank you! You does extra fine, and thorough, work!’ :razz: }

I will end with excerpts from a 2009 interview titled ‘Michelle Obama’s Rules for Staying Healthy and Happy’ that the First Lady did with Liz Viccarielo, editor-in-chief of Prevention magazine.

//…………………….

Liz: What, if anything, scares you about aging?

Mrs. Obama: Nothing, really. I look at my mom–she’s 72, and she’s happy and looks great. To me, with age, everything has gotten better. You have way more control; you know yourself better. My goal is to be a great-looking 70-year-old! I won’t mind being 70, but I want people to say, “You’re 70?” (laughs)

Liz: How do you define happiness?

Mrs. Obama: Oh, these are good questions. You know, happiness for me really is when my kids are good and when my family is whole. Moving [to the White House], whatever stresses would be on my husband and me, we could handle; we are grown-ups. But it wouldn’t be until the day that my kids came home and said to me, “I like it here,” that I’d feel like I could breathe and know that we’re all going to be okay here. And that happened very early into the year. My happiness is measured against theirs–when they’re in a good place, I feel really good.

Liz: Think about your health 20 years from now…What do you want to work on now so it’s not an issue later?
    Mrs. Obama: I always want to be on the cusp of being in the best shape that I can be. What I’m discovering is that the older you get, the more work you have to do to stay there. When I was younger, I could eat whatever I wanted, as long as I exercised; or if I didn’t exercise and just watched what I ate, I’d maintain. Well, now I have to do both. I’m varying my workouts so it’s not just cardio but also includes moves to maintain my flexibility. I incorporated Pilates and do much more stretching. So I’m sort of adjusting to the natural progression of the physical limitations that come with…

Liz: Just being in your 40s, right?
    Mrs. Obama: Right. It’s different. I try to tell young people to get in shape now, because it’s easier. If you’re 30 and want to drop 10 pounds, all you have to do is just walk (laughs).
    …………………//

No question about it, we have the best-est First Lady in the history of our own lives!

January 18, 2014 at 9:30 pm

e.g. – chris christie – ironic name notwithstanding.

6. 13 99ts
    January 18, 2014 at 9:30 pm

I’m still on rise and shine – and granbabe has arrived – so thanks for all the news – enjoy the evening – {{{{{dudette}}}}} and so many thanks to donna for the news

January 18, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Enjoy your visit with the sweet little one!

• 15 99ts
        January 19, 2014 at 2:35 am

thank you jacqueline – she was – as usual – the center of attention and the center of all that is good in our lives. They headed off to a friends birthday party about 3pm – which gave me time for a granny nap – very kind of them :).

7. 16 mtmarilyn
    January 18, 2014 at 9:31 pm

We are so fortunate to be alive when Barack and Michelle Obama in the White House. Not since the Kennedys has there been such grace and beauty in the White House. This family is real. Thank you for these wonderful pictures.

8. January 18, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Wonderful compilation of Mrs. O’s stunning achievements. She will always represent so many wonderful qualities.

Malia is the spitting image of her mom in that first photo.

January 18, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I find the girls’ ‘changing’ faces fascinating. One day Malia looks like her daddy, next she looks like mommy. Today Sasha looks most like Michelle, yesterday she looked more like her dad’s side of the family. Nevertheless, whomever they resemble, they always seem beautiful, poised, young princesses! Across the board, we were wise in our pick of First Family.

9. January 18, 2014 at 9:32 pm

To Lupita, Michelle, and all strong, fearless women.

10. January 18, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I love these articles…thank you so much for them. :)

11. 22 forus50
    January 18, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I LOVE the story above told by Michaela Angela Davis in Ebony about seeing Michelle Obama for the first time. Wow, so glad she shared it. Thanks for posting it UT.

12. January 18, 2014 at 9:39 pm

I think this is the Harlem event:

January 18, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Huge hug and a buff on the cheek, Meta! {Meta} I have never seen this before, AND I LOVE vintage Obama! Because we are so familiar with the basics of their story, one of the things that I always wish for is that when the Obamas tell their stories they’d always add one small, little element of new information. They do sometimes, but not often IMO. Thanks, again.

• January 18, 2014 at 10:57 pm

That’s why you can’t help but love Michelle O.

13. 28 forus50
    January 18, 2014 at 9:40 pm

14. 29 Sue in Seattle
    January 18, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Thanks for this great post. One of my favorite moment’s of hers was the Bonehead eyeroll. Cracked me up!

15. 30 forus50
    January 18, 2014 at 9:45 pm

January 18, 2014 at 9:46 pm

17. 35 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    January 18, 2014 at 9:49 pm

My offering to First Lady Obama …

… would have loved to see these musicians play at the White House … oh what a dance party that would be!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 18, 2014 at 9:50 pm

19. 37 Nena20409
    January 18, 2014 at 9:53 pm
  20. 39 Nerdy Wonka
    January 18, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Woot! Woot! Go on with your bad self, Tom Joyner.

21. 42 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    January 18, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Another favorite …

22. 43 yardarm756
    January 18, 2014 at 10:11 pm

I HAVE ASSUMED ME POSITION ON ME FAVORITE NAUGHTY MAT! :-)

23. 44 jackiegrumbacher
    January 18, 2014 at 10:13 pm

NW, this is such a beautiful compilation of wonderful articles and photos and opinions of our First Lady–can’t thank you enough. And let’s not forget that Michelle O had the very good judgment to marry Barack Obama. Not many women in the world could match his intelligence, energy, focus and absolute dedication to the goal of helping people. He was poor when she met him with not very much interest in making money, but she decided to spend her life with him and do everything in her power to support his dreams, while living out her own. While he wrote his book, she went out and earned a living, when he reached for higher and higher political offices, she didn’t just ‘sacrifice’ to help him, she embraced it with her whole heart. She is the president’s perfect match, his absolute equal in every way and yet she is his tap root, the thing that keeps him grounded in a crazy world. Sometimes people talk about marriages made in heaven or meeting your perfect soul mate and I think Barack and Michelle are exactly that. In addition to everything else they have changed in their public years, they have made married love and open affection fashionable again.

January 18, 2014 at 10:15 pm

January 18, 2014 at 10:19 pm

LOL.

26. January 18, 2014 at 10:20 pm

27. January 18, 2014 at 10:25 pm

My goodness – can’t believe I’ve been missing out on all these wonderful tributes to our FLOTUS! :) What a beautiful post – thanks UT!

January 18, 2014 at 10:25 pm

January 18, 2014 at 10:27 pm

January 18, 2014 at 10:28 pm

LOL! WTF?!? LMAO! :) :)

31. January 18, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Ok, fine folks, just finished an essay for Monday on Dr. King. I’m off to snuggle with the missus. See everyone tomorrow.

January 18, 2014 at 10:30 pm

33. 67 globalcitizenlinda
    January 18, 2014 at 10:38 pm

during Friday’s TJMS show Mr. Tom Joyner told us he would be at FLOTUS’ 5oth Birthday party tonight;

he was also part of POTUS’ 50th birthday celebration;

Monday’s show, will be a time for a brief update of “the event” – looking forward

34. 69 majiir
    January 18, 2014 at 10:39 pm

I just wanted to stop by to tell you all that one of my brothers passed away this evening. He was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer a few months ago. We were informed last week that the cancer had spread to his brain. He was undergoing radiation treatments. I prayed and prayed that he’d get more time, but God decided to spare his suffering. I returned from visiting my sister-in-law a few minutes ago, and as expected, she’s taking it hard because they’d been married 29 years. I’m okay. It’s just very difficult dealing with his death because this is the second brother I’ve lost in less than three years. Please keep me and my family in your minds and hearts as we deal with saying our last goodbye to our brother.

35. 92 anniebella
    January 18, 2014 at 10:39 pm

I fought the Nazis and they didn’t look like Obama. I love that sign. To all those idiots calling him a Nazi, those Nazis looks more like them.

36. 93 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    January 18, 2014 at 10:47 pm

bbl … time to prepare some dinner ….

January 18, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Hope this really happens, especially the media.

January 18, 2014 at 11:09 pm

• 97 COS
      January 18, 2014 at 11:45 pm

I hope all local newspapers report on this. This actually sounds worst than “bridge gate”. Karma is a b%%%%. This bully has been running over folks for a long time. The photo of him bullying a woman while his wife stood there laughing is imprinted in my mind.

January 18, 2014 at 11:10 pm

• 99 99ts
      January 19, 2014 at 2:48 am

Difficult to imagine how hard this must have been – and living through the last years without knowing what to do. She has well earned all and any support she gets – Christie & Co have well earned the opposite.

• 100 jackiegrumbacher
        January 19, 2014 at 8:28 am

99ts, I just hope she and her family stay safe and I certainly hope the police of Hoboken are loyal to her and not the governor.

• 101 99ts
          January 19, 2014 at 8:32 am

About to discuss on Steve – “why she waited” – not hard to imagine – she would have been verbally buried by the Christie people if she had said a word – and who knows what else.

January 18, 2014 at 11:12 pm

41. 104 globalcitizenlinda
    January 18, 2014 at 11:47 pm

as usual, some of the beltway right-wingers have decided to go down fighting for corrupt bully Christie

• 105 99ts
      January 19, 2014 at 12:09 am

If the GOP wins the house or the senate in November – there is no saving the American people from themselves. Christie may well continue as governor – little doubt that many will pay the price if he does.

When I saw that Mark Sanford was elected to Congress – after he left his position of Governor – and his wife and 4 children – to chase after someone who sent the thrill up his leg – then I lost any ideals as to how the GOP think their political leaders should behave.

Christie’s downfall will only come – if it comes – because some in the GOP hate that he became a short time friend of President Obama. A true republican NEVER has a conversation with this President. Thus said, he will never be President of the U.S.

I cannot believe the drivel about the liberal press. George W Bush got better press than President Obama – even including his last year in office.

• 106 globalcitizenlinda
        January 19, 2014 at 1:08 am

let us see what people will say as more political garbage comes out from NJ

• 107 99ts
          January 19, 2014 at 2:58 am

I didn’t mean to sound as negative as that sounds on reading it again Linda. I have been thinking for days that Christie would go down – guess it is a slow process. I hate that his staff – who have helped him every step of his way – would attack the Mayor with such gusto. Interesting that she is a woman – they haven’t attacked any other Mayors in this fashion – yet.

I will be interested to see what the Lt Governor has to say – googling I discover she is the 1st Lt Gov in New Jersey since almost forever – because of problems with governors resigning this century legislation created the position in 2006. The solution may not have worked if they both resign in this latest little scandal.

• 108 globalcitizenlinda
            January 19, 2014 at 9:54 am

oh, I am exactly where you are on this – my comment was meant for these right-wing Christie defenders;

I am just waiting to see if these same Christie defenders will keep attacking everyone who brings out more garbage (which garbage I expect).

why would anyone with a brain stake their reputation and future on defending Christie at this time – when more and more seems to be coming out

• 109 99ts
              January 19, 2014 at 10:03 am

Very aggressive supporter on Up with Steve this am – republican member of the NJ legislature – they all now have the same agenda
              – blame the left wing media (the messenger) – (which is very rarely left wing)
              – praise the governor for doing wonderful things

It seems they have realized shouting Benghazi! won’t work this time.

42. 110 PrayerWarriorforObama
    January 18, 2014 at 11:57 pm

Majir, may God grant you and your family the peace and strength you need to cope with the passing of your brother.

43. January 19, 2014 at 12:08 am

You all know I’m more than a little late getting the news, so maybe I missed this.

Blagojevich Prosecutor Hired in Christie Bridge Probe

New Jersey lawmakers investigating political tricks that emanated from Governor Chris Christie’s office hired as special counsel the lead prosecutor in the corruption trials of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.

Reid Schar was the lead prosecutor in both trials of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, ending with Blagojevich’s conviction on sweeping corruption charges and 14-year prison sentence.

This will be interesting to watch to me. If Blago could get 14 years on that nonsense, fatty is supposed to be thrown under the jail. I won’t be surprised if we suddenly start hearing rumors of Blago’s release.

January 19, 2014 at 12:37 am

Good night, TODobots!

Majiir, may the memories of your brother that you and your family have created over the years nourish and calm your hearts through this time of loss.

January 19, 2014 at 12:50 am

January 19, 2014 at 12:51 am

Serene beaten by Ivanovic in the 4th round. Bummer.

• 118 criquet
      January 19, 2014 at 8:51 am

Hi Amk,

Some context ; before the match Patrick McEnroe was casting doubts on her fitness reporting a back/shoulder injury and that she warmed up for about 2 minutes prior to the match and did not practice on the off day either intimating that something was amiss.

Serena played with a back injury so not at her best but no excuses for her because if you are on court you are deemed fit enough.
      Maybe she wanted to defend her WTA points.

• 119 amk for obama
        January 19, 2014 at 8:55 am

Yes, she as much as admitted that the result was not due to her back problem. She made the bed and took the responsibility for it. She still another 2 to 3 years of tennis left.

January 19, 2014 at 12:57 am

January 19, 2014 at 1:03 am
  49. 123 globalcitizenlinda
    January 19, 2014 at 1:35 am

January 19, 2014 at 1:48 am

51. 127 Bobfr (aka Our4thEstate)
    January 19, 2014 at 2:13 am

Never forget this:

Time for some radical surgery ….

Yes We Can

January 19, 2014 at 2:19 am

• 129 99ts
      January 19, 2014 at 3:08 am

“The New York Post in particular continues to view Mr. Spitzer, six years after he resigned from the governor’s office amid his sex scandal, the way J. Edgar Hoover viewed Communism. Writing in The Post on Christmas Eve, the columnist Andrea Peyser, who once called Christiane Amanpour a “war slut,” forcing the paper’s owner, Rupert Murdoch, to apologize, brought the full force of her girl-bashing animus down on Ms. Smith.”

South Carolina didn’t blink when they elected Mark Sanford to office – the rules are different in red states.

• January 19, 2014 at 3:35 am

99, you and I seem to often view things in a like manner. What you point out about So. Carolina is exactly the reason I caution about the excitement regarding Christie. When it comes to Republicans, we live in the land of loopholes.

• 131 99ts
          January 19, 2014 at 4:01 am

My concern too Faypax – I keep thinking Christie is done – and then – maybe not. The media frenzy if a democrat – let alone the President – did something like this would be unimaginable – but Gov Christie – well – he gets things done – he is bipartisan.

Seems obvious the only bipartisan way for the GOP is threats and abuse. I think Mayor Zimmer may give more grief than the bridge – as I wrote below – what the Lt Governor has to say could be interesting.

All the GOP ever does is call out the media – a fair media is a GOP media – they have never had to face a liberal media – not even under the worst of Bush.

January 19, 2014 at 3:35 am

Yet another instance of rw browbeating the media. beebs will probably cave.

54. 133 99ts
    January 19, 2014 at 3:56 am

Other than Christie’s cronies – the only negatives for Mayor Zimmer come from those who say she should have “spoken sooner”. No-one – but no-one would have believed her – if she had spoken sooner – and she well knew that fact. The Lt Governor put nothing in writing, Gov Christie put nothing in writing – he said she said – and when the he is Gov Christie he wins by the proverbial mile. He wins most of the time – but with Gov Christie there is no doubt

• January 19, 2014 at 4:08 am

I posted upthread about the fact that one of the prosecutors of Blagojevich has been brought into the Christie investigation. If he goes after Christie with the same intensity, Christie is done. One major difference…Blago had lots of enemies.

January 19, 2014 at 5:03 am

January 19, 2014 at 5:55 am

• 138 99ts
      January 19, 2014 at 6:12 am

Christie has refused to be open about too many things – not allowing legislative overview of the disaster funds is an enormous red flag. Suddenly there are funds for Hoboken – but someone must have forgotten to tell the Mayor that the Feds have not released the money.

If I was controlling the Fed money there would be no more going to the state – I would be negotiating with the Mayors.

57. 139 99ts
    January 19, 2014 at 6:18 am

There are some critical issues – UI/food stamps/jobs legislation – that are missing much needed publicity because of Christie – but GG must be crying himself to sleep because the Christie revelations have swamped the President’s talk about the NSA – and no-one much cares if Snowden stays in Russia forever and a day.

• 140 99ts
      January 19, 2014 at 6:50 am

I think this was linked earlier – it is a very good read from John Schindler

“The Snowden Operation has guaranteed that NSA has become a global stand-in for unmitigated evil for certain people, a Keyser Söze who reads your email, and there’s not much that Washington, DC, and its friends can do about that. But the real intent of Ed, Glenn, and their coterie was never intelligence reform, rather the destruction of NSA and the Western intelligence alliance. As of yesterday, we know that will not happen. Henceforth, you’ll occasionally encounter people who are obsessed with “NSA” and think the Agency reads their texts of cat pictures, but these are the same sort of people who, in a previous age, were obsessed with Knights Templar, Jews, and Masons, and can be ignored when adults are talking.”

January 19, 2014 at 7:37 am

~~~ :???: ~~~

Hmmm. Peeking through the crack in the village gate, I notice that the Lady Mayor of TODvillage hasn’t yet put in an appearance! Hmmmmm. Well, I’m off to get my Sunday morning chores started – didn’t want anyone later impugning my R & S time!

Oh, Good Morning, TODobots in my time zone!

Good NIGHT, 99ts and others in your corner! Good Evening, Amk & others! {Okay, I think I covered everybody. BBL}

59. 147 dotster3
    January 19, 2014 at 8:03 am

Hear the early reports on the bday party—–that President Obama gave such a moving tribute to Michelle, that it set the bar too high for all other husbands (James Taylor), that the pres even had some fun on the dance floor.

RSS OFA