Jan

Community – Standing with GoBrooklyn

The web is a weird place. It’s at the same time intimate and very distancing. You can have the most intimate conversation with someone, and then never see that person again. It’s not uncommon for web communities to all of a sudden lose long-standing members. Sometimes we find out what happened to them. But often they just vanish, without a trace, and you’re left wondering.

At The Obama Diary we have created a real community. We care for each other. When one of us hurts, we all feel the pain. I can’t describe how gratified I was by the concern and well-wishes expressed by all of you during my wife’s recovery from surgery, and her subsequent search for a new job. And when Dudette vanished for a few weeks, a few of us sprang into action and tracked her down, not to invade her privacy, but to make sure she was well. This is what humans do: we create communities, and those communities bind us together in bonds even stronger than those of family.

Today our own GoBrooklyn gave us some distressing news. It was, quite frankly, life altering for her.

We can’t change her condition. But we can walk with her. We can offer her our shoulders. We can prop her up when she feels like falling. We can remind her at every moment that she is valued, she is treasured, she is a child of God. Because that is what communities do. They rejoice in your rejoicing, sorrow in your sorrow, and never let you forget that you are not alone.

A virtual community has its own parameters, its own strengths and weaknesses. But it is no less strong than the communities to which you belong in the “real world”. As much as GoBrooklyn has a circle of love surrounding her as she goes to doctor’s visits and therapy sessions, the circle of love we have for her here in this oasis created by Chipsticks is no less loving. Because it is who we are.

Keep chatting, and keep thinking of GoBrooklyn.

150 Responses to “Community – Standing with GoBrooklyn”

1. 1 Layla
    January 29, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Beautiful LL!

2. 2 Nerdy Wonka
    January 29, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Beautiful post, LL.

Sending you the best wishes, GB and encouraging you to keep up that fighting, optimistic, hopeful, and determined spirit. We are all rooting for you.

January 29, 2014 at 4:32 pm

What a wonderful way to support our own, GB:) Thank you, LL….and it IS amazing the community family that TOD is. When one hurts, we all feel the pain….when good news happens, we all soar and share in the joy. We’ll be here for you every step of the way, GB. That’s what family does.

4. January 29, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Beautiful comments, LL, as always.Love to GB. Thanks to Chips and all the BTs.

5. 5 susanne
    January 29, 2014 at 4:34 pm

thanks for putting it into words for us, lib.

January 29, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Another one sees the light… http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/lt-gov-wagner-leaving-gop-tea-party

Former Nevada Lt. Gov. Sue Wagner said Tuesday that she recently left the Republican party.

“It’s grown so conservative and tea-party orientated and I just can’t buy into that,” Wagner told the Reno Gazette-Journal. “I’ve left the Republican Party and it’s left me, at the same time.”

More and more people will do the same thing…I feel it. They’ve totally alienated all but the most rabid ideologues.

7. 7 sherijr
    January 29, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Thank you LL… I don’t comment much anymore but I read everything- and feel connected to everyone here. I believe too, that NCLB is going through something similar to GB… so hugs to ((((((((((((((NCLB))))))))))) and healthy hopeful wishes to them both.

8. 11 Ladyhawke
    January 29, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Thank you LL for these eloquent and moving sentiments about our TOD family. To GoBrooklyn, I am thinking of you dear and wishing you well as you deal with this distressing news. You are loved. LH

• January 29, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Ladyhawke, I’m responding to you because as a lurker I love your comments.
      The main thing is to hold GoBrooklyn in our love and light and offer all support that this beautiful community can give.

9. January 29, 2014 at 4:41 pm

LL, thanks for this moving post dedicated to the strength of our community and, most of all, to our thoughts and prayers for GoB, long a great contributor here. We love you, GoB.

10. 15 Linda
    January 29, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Here in Atlanta, they are so freaked out about the storm…this is what I get to see on the local channel.

I am sure they could have squeezed in a few more reporters, don’t you ? I see some empty space on the left.

11. 17 GGail
    January 29, 2014 at 4:44 pm

LL, this is sooooooo touching! You’re making me get weepy here at my desk!

“We can remind her at every moment that she is valued, she is treasured, she is a child of God.”

We love you GB

12. January 29, 2014 at 4:44 pm

((((Hugs)))) and prayers GoBrooklyn!

13. January 29, 2014 at 4:44 pm

I don’t often post here, but numerous daily visits are part of my “daily bread”. Beyond making it easy for me to see just the things I want to RT, I feel the positive energy that oozes from each and every member. I just wanted to pause a minute and say thanks, and add that LL has an incredible way with words – Yet another amazing post. Much love and gratitude to you all, and warmest of hugs to gobrooklyn.

14. 20 debz
    January 29, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Wonderful post LL

Sending best wishes to GB.

15. January 29, 2014 at 4:49 pm

I’m so sorry to hear GoB’s news. I will keep GoB and her family in my prayers. This really is a warm and caring community.

January 29, 2014 at 4:49 pm

What kind, moving words you have expressed here, LL. Thanks for putting our collective thoughts into this beautifully articulated tribute to Gobrooklyn.

17. 23 donna dem 4 obama
    January 29, 2014 at 4:50 pm

So very beautiful LL. You certainly speak of me.

We love you GB!!!

I didn’t know about NCLB so know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Speedy recovery to tnmtgirl from her surgery today.

18. 25 Anna
    January 29, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Lighting a candle and saying prayers for you GoBrooklyn.

19. 26 donna dem 4 obama
    January 29, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Speaking of how we rally as a community….

You all I was just over on Facebook checking out a couple of the Georgia groups that were created to help people in need after the storm. It is unbelievable what those people are going through down there. People are still stranded over 24 hours after the storm came through that state. The group is called Snowed Out Atlanta. I think they have a twitter account as well. People are really rallying to help each other.

20. January 29, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Thank you, LL. Just perfect.

GB, you know you’ve been in my daily thoughts for quite sometime and will remain so.

21. 29 carolyn
    January 29, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Once again, LL, thank you for putting into words the feelings we have and giving expression to our deep emotions. It is as if I know each poster on this blog, and each one is a special individual. who knew that could happen. GoBrooklyn has suffered so much, and NCLB is too. We will continue to hold them up in love.

22. 30 Lovepolitics2008
    January 29, 2014 at 5:08 pm

LL, you have such a way with words. What a beautiful way to express what we all feel in our hearts.

23. 31 nathkatun7
    January 29, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Thanks LL for this beautiful post that captures the real essence of TOD community. Hopes and Prayers for GoBrooklyn.

January 29, 2014 at 6:00 pm

You’re another one, nath, whom we “missed” and had to go looking for, during your vacation! “I was lost, but now I’m found.” Glad you were just off having an adventure. Truly.

I’ll join you and all the others, if I may, in our hopes and prayers for GoBrooklyn and NoChildLeftBehind. Thank you for this stunning post, LL.

• 33 nathkatun7
        January 29, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Thanks JOB! I was really touched by the concerns from TOD family. I didn’t know NCLB was also not feeling well and I join you in prayers for her and all the other TOD members going through tough health issues that I may have missed in my absence.

24. 35 mtmarilyn
    January 29, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Oh GoBrooklyn, you have been thru so much. Want to let you know that we are with you thru all of this. We are a family here. We may not be able to hug you in person but we are with you in spirit. We are with you. Know that you are loved and cared about. I will add you to my prayer list and ask my friends to ad you too. We do care about you.

Also for NCLB and any other TODbot who needs our prayers, support, energy and love.

25. 36 taiping1
    January 29, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Thank you so much for this post. We are a community: daily posters as well as non-commenting daily visitors. We have rooted for GoBrooklyn and cheered her fierce loving indomitable spirits, rooting for her during those months of recovery in New York. We are all sending healing thoughts, blessings and prayers to you, GoBrooklyn, Dudette, NCLB, and all other members facing health challenges. I am grateful for Chips who has created this space and nourishes it daily and to all the BTs and superBTs such as NW, and all the daily commenters, lurkers, and sporadic commenters. We are one.

26. January 29, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

My normal routine is to get to work, fire up my computer, get online, and read R&S. I read from the top down the actual post, and then skip to the end to start reading the comments from the bottom up. (Yes, I know, I’m weird.) When I arrived at the comments to GB’s news, I just skipped straight up to read what she’d posted. I don’t know how old she is, but I imagine she’s around my age. To read the gutwrenching news she received, when she’d been so positive for the past few weeks, was just devastating.

I was originally just going to post a link to the Gratefulness candle website. But then I started thinking about her, and about all of you, and how we have built this wonderful community which functions without rancor and supports its members. So, this tribute came about: to GB, to all of our members who are hurting, but most of all to this community which is a sustaining factor in our lives. You are all my friends, and I rejoice and sorrow along with you, as you have with me.

• 38 mtmarilyn
      January 29, 2014 at 5:16 pm

LL, I forgot to thank you for the beautiful words. This is what we are. We care about our fellow man. This is a community of caring.

• January 29, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Hugs to you, LL, and to Chips and the other wonderful BTs for weaving this social fabric with such care and attention.

I’m so grateful for all of you here at TOD.

• January 29, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Thank you LL. Namaste.

January 29, 2014 at 6:02 pm

We read you loud and clear, LL, from the top down and from the bottom up! Thanks for being anything but “the rude librarian”!

• 43 Anna
      January 29, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Just a question LL, are you left handed. I am, as you, I go to the bottom and read up after read R&S. I also start to read magazines and newspaper back to front? Another left hander met admitted to doing same………….

• 44 Betsy
      January 29, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Thank you LL. I had the same reaction and you put it into words beautifully, something I’m not that good at. I also think of NCLB who said she is also going through something similar. This is such difficult news and my heart goes out to both of them.

• 45 0388jojothecat
      January 29, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Thank you LL for a wonderful post of how our loving community feels when one of our own is sick or has to surgery….GoBrooklyn, NCLB, MTM, Dudette, and others. I also want to continue to thank our Chips for creating a wonderful place for us here at The Obama Diary where we can come and support President and Mrs. Obama and see first hand the wonderful people they are and surround themselves with and to see and hear the wonderful things they are doing for our country and the world. I also want to thank all those that have accepted the awesome job of posting here because it is truly a tough job and we appreciate all of you…LL, AMK, UT, Nerdy Wonkette, and a host of contributors with the good things that the president is doing and the MSM won’t do. I hope our Atlanta and east coast TOD’rs are safe at home and are surviving these crazy winter storms.

• January 30, 2014 at 9:27 am

Thank you so much for this post LL. I only saw it this morning when I read one of the replies sent to me. I truly, truly, appreciate it.

FYI: I’m 37 years old.

27. 47 Judith Fardig
    January 29, 2014 at 5:17 pm

We hold all who are hurting and struggling, especially GoBrooklyn and No Child Left Behind, in our circle of caring. Beautiful post, LL, as always!

28. 48 TrumpDog
    January 29, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Offering much hope, love, support and many many hugs to GoBrooklyn. Take care, sweetie.

29. January 29, 2014 at 5:20 pm

I believe in you GB because you believe in your self and this amazing strength you have is awesome and inspiring. Keep positive and hopeful. Our love and hearts are with you.

30. 50 MightyPamela
    January 29, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Amen. Thank you, LL.

January 29, 2014 at 5:24 pm

I hope the media reports that 76% of viewers approved of PBO’s SOTU address with the same eagerness that they reported his “low approval ratings” in the days leading up to the SOTU.

32. January 29, 2014 at 5:24 pm

GoBrooklyn,
    So sad to hear the tough news. But those darn doctors have some pretty powerful treatments for cancer these days and with all your optimism and toughness and our good wishes and prayers with you every day, darn it you’re going to beat it!
    much love over the intertubes,
    forus

33. 53 57andfemale
    January 29, 2014 at 5:28 pm

You are a treasure, LL. An absolute treasure.

You expressed in your heartfelt elegance what the rest of us feel. We are here for you, gobrooklyn, and nclb, and Dudette, and each and every one of the TOD family, when they are in need or to rejoice.

I rejoice in this beautiful family/community that Chips has nurtured.

Love you all.

January 29, 2014 at 5:32 pm

This. A million times:) Love you all. {{{ NoChild}}} I did not know that you too, needed some hugs.

34. January 29, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Also a serious lurker here so thinks this is a warm, caring and loving group. GoBrooklyn, you are in my prayers and thoughts, Your strength and determination come across in all that you write. I am hoping for the best for you. Also LL, you are a treasure and are part of the empathic thread that knits this group together. Bless you. Like PBO says we are all better together.

35. 56 mela in TX
    January 29, 2014 at 5:36 pm

To LL: What a lovely post, your words are genuine and beautiful. I’ve learned not to expect anything less from you :)

To GoBrookyn: I will hold you in my heart and in my prayers. Please know that although I don’t comment much, I’ve grown very fond of each member of this community. Each and every one of us values you and the way you enrich this haven of “niceness”. I ask the Lord to intercede in your struggle and to make his presence and strength known to you each and every day. I know I speak for all of us here when I say we will walk each step with you.

36. January 29, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Beautiful…LL .so heartwarming and loving…..I feel so grateful to be here…and I send to you GoB…my strength and my courage…(((hugs)))

January 29, 2014 at 5:42 pm
    • January 29, 2014 at 5:53 pm

The photo of the PBO as he waits to be announced shows how he puts himself in the zone..i have watched him do this in numerous photos picturing him just before he goes out to speak….I often wonder what his thoughts are…

I looked at the pics showing SCOTUS…I did not see Justice Sotomayor…was she there

38. 63 LadyTNT
    January 29, 2014 at 5:47 pm

LL, you have expressed exactly how I feel. Thank you so much!! I’m a lurker, but I’m here all day, every day. I laugh with you guys and I cry with y’all!! We are truly a family and I appreciate that so much.

To all the TODers that are not well, I pray you all get well!!

• 64 Titti
      January 30, 2014 at 7:10 am

Awww ‘this is me’ to a tee!!! Thinking of GB sending her strength and courage as she goes through this chapter in her life. Will also keep NCLB, Fred and all those going through life’s challenges in my thoughts and prayers.
      LL thank you for this wonderful posting though it made me cry – the care and love shown by this community is inspirational. Thanks also to Chips (and the other BTs) for keeping this place troll free and for all your hard work and to all the TODers who make this place so special.

39. 65 sjterrid
    January 29, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Thank you, LL for posting this. Indeed, Chips has created such a loving, caring community. I believe that this place proves that most people all over the world want the same things peace, security, equality and freedom from tyranny. Which is why I support our wonderful President, Barach H. Obama.

Go Brooklyn, I lit a candle for you. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.
    NCLB, tnmtgirl, HZ, Dudette, and any who are hurting you are in my thoughts and prayers, too.

40. 66 donna dem 4 obama
    January 29, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Just in case anyone would like to light a candle for any in our community here at TOD.

• 67 susanne
      January 29, 2014 at 6:00 pm

thanks so much donnadem.

• 68 daisydem
        January 29, 2014 at 6:15 pm

WordPress was being weird, and my comment above is not finished…. just wanted to say that I too feel as if I know so many of you and I do feel like part of a community. LL, your last comments, how this is what we are …. to me echo what our President is trying to convince the Republicans of … that caring for each other, providing for the least of us, using talking, messages of peace instead of war, this is who we are. GoBrooklyn will have us to support her, lift her up, pray for her … indeed that is who we are.

• 69 daisydem
        January 29, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Yes, thank you donnadem. Just went there.

41. 70 99ts
    January 29, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Dear gobrooklyn

I live on the other side of the world, yet through TOD I feel like you are my little sister. I love “seeing” you when you jump on board, hearing about your day, your progress and your strength. When I saw LL’s post today – my thoughts were swamped by wanting to reach out and send every last healing thought

Virtual love and hugs and friendship are here whenever you need them. I would hold your hand during the treatments and hug you tight when it’s done. I wish you every healing thought that exists – and many more beside.

Take care of you {{{{{{{{{{gobrooklyn}}}}}}}}}}

42. 71 daisydem
    January 29, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Liberal Librarian, I want to say that I signed back on and saw this post and started reading and tears just filled my eyes. I have become more or a lurker/reader than a commenter for several reasons, the main one being that I am spent from the passion that filled my days during the election season of 2008 and beyond, with the McCain/Palin ticket that seemed to create waves of hatred and vile that have never fully retreated. I even caused some medical problems for myself I am sure due to the tension/stress of that time. But I am here, every day, many, many times a day. This is where I get my news. I go to no other source.

January 29, 2014 at 6:13 pm

So very sorry to hear that you experienced medical problems due to the various campaigns and hate waves that ensued, daisydem. None of us would be surprised by that, of course. Many of us have received so much strength by being here with the TOD community, right along with you, and it’s been almost like – in different measures – “the strength to carry on,” due to all of the petty awfulness we have to put up with, on President Obama’s behalf. Sometimes it gets to our souls and hearts, and even our physical bodies, way too much.

TOD is the Internet’s example of a good and positive way to “circle the wagons.” And it’s not just for political purposes. We talk about things that matter or should matter to us as a people and as a family of sorts. I’m just proud and glad to be here, and I think that every day. Hang in there, sugar.

• 73 daisydem
        January 29, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Thank you so much. I am “hanging in there” much better due in large to TOD and its members. Also due to the remarkable presence of this man we voted for twice to be our President. So many here say unabashedly, “I love my President.” I do too. He is cool, grounded, and at the same time so warm and connected to the people. This has helped. I just want to add that when I say I get virtually all of my news from TOD and go to no other sources (unless it is a link provided here) that I don’t need to go other places. Uncanny, isn’t it? Hubby or my son will ask if I have hear about …. oh the latest crass comment from a Rep or Sen(R), or the latest news on Christie, or whatever, and my response is yes, already read about it. I am in the “Know” without all the hyperbole from the MSM. Love it.

January 29, 2014 at 7:19 pm

*He is cool, grounded, and at the same time so warm and connected to the people*

^^^ Perfection!

43. 75 daisydem
    January 29, 2014 at 6:04 pm

44. 76 forus50
    January 29, 2014 at 6:09 pm
    • 77 Lovepolitics2008
      January 29, 2014 at 8:33 pm

wow that’s such good news. It explains why President Obama didn’t put that much emphasis on the unemployment benefits last night. He knew something was in the works and didn’t want to jeopardize it.

45. 78 Nena20409
    January 29, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I Love You More Than I Can Say……This song is all I could think of right after reading this LL’s Brilliant Piece and it Crystallizes this Community.

{{{{{{{{GB}}}}}}}}

Please allow me to post this song.

46. 80 forus50
    January 29, 2014 at 6:12 pm

And a little cutie!

47. January 29, 2014 at 6:17 pm

((( Go Brooklyn )))

I’ve mentioned before how you buoyed me with your tweets and comments here during PBO’s 2012 campaign against the self-serving #NoTermMitt. I so looked forward to those spunky boosts of encouragement then, and hope that we here at TOD can offer you likewise in return during this difficult time.

Support groups are helpful. Please consider the TOD family one of your go-to online support groups.

LL, thank you for contributing your wordsmith gifts to grace these pages with your wonderful thoughts for any and all TOD members who are under medical treatment now.

((( No Child Left Behind ))))
    ((( tnmtngirl )))

January 29, 2014 at 6:20 pm

As I’ve been saying: This network is nothing more than another emoprog outlet. I caution anyone who’s been following them to take them with the appropriate amount of salt.

• January 29, 2014 at 6:23 pm

yes, I’ve not watched AJAM since the first couple of weeks.

January 29, 2014 at 6:30 pm

I was actually quite heartened to see that that tweet got mostly negative responses – with most people supporting and defending PBO. You can only fool people up to a point – after a while the constant emoprogery/Libertarianism-inspired Obama bashing just becomes tiresome and insincere.

• 90 Nena20409
      January 29, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Calculating and Phony Populism?

Wow. This is Fox Style on Steroids. They will be hearing from many of Us.

• 96 COS
      January 29, 2014 at 6:49 pm

I don’t watch AJA but I heard that a lot of the emos from Current is now employed there. Is that true?

• January 29, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Did they delete the story now? the links aren’t working. Hmm….

• January 29, 2014 at 7:14 pm

:lol: Written by Snowdenski fan boy Norman Solomon. Too funny!

• January 29, 2014 at 7:20 pm

I remember reading Solomon and listening to his show back in the late 90s / early 00s. In the late 90s I was more than disenchanted with Clinton, and the early 00s brought us the nightmare of Bush. I was all for the “man the barricades” rhetoric.

But that’s all it was. Solomon and his fellow travelers would never actually march, or, heaven forbid, put their bodies on the line. They’re the revolutionary vanguard, and we should be their willing cannon fodder.

I finally caught up with the Jen Caron and Karynthia contretemps, and I’m firmly convinced a certain segment of the white Left has lost its everloving minds because they’ve realized that they’re not the leaders anymore, and their fee-fees are of no concern to the rest of us.

• 102 nathkatun7
        January 29, 2014 at 7:14 pm

The link worked for me! It’s not a story; It’s an editorial written by a holier than thou progressives, Norman Solomon, who was a leading Naderite during the 2000 election. People like him have absolutely no clue of what it takes to govern a diverse country like ours.

• 104 nathkatun7
      January 29, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Well, Hopefruit, this is not surprising.The author of the Editorial, Norman Solomon, is one of the most holier than thou emoprogs.

• 105 0388jojothecat
      January 29, 2014 at 8:00 pm

How can one poll say 76% liked the presidents speech and another one says not so much. I prefer that if you can’t poll everyone don’t poll at all. You will always get some people who liked it and some who did not. I guess the four gop rebuttals were just full of specifics.

49. 106 Lynn
    January 29, 2014 at 6:22 pm

One can feel the strength of your spirit through your words, GoBrooklyn. May you feel a piece of each one of us building a wall of love to help you in your fight.

LL, your post has brought tears to my eyes…as always. That you still have so much to share when you and your wonderful lady have been through so much, is inspiring.

50. 107 Nena20409
    January 29, 2014 at 6:29 pm

33.3M supposedly watched the SOTU across the TV/Cable Mass Media stations. Last year supposedly 33.5M watched. This from Mediabristro.com I think that more watched for Live Streaming is Not added. C-SPAN. AJAM. Bloomberg. Etc

51. January 29, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Oh LL, this is just beautiful. Thank you for finding the words to express our love and support for GB.

52. 111 PrayerWarriorforObama
    January 29, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Thanks LL for reminding us that that humans should and do care for their sisters and brothers, no matter what part of this global community they reside.

GoBrooklyn, I am adding you to my prayer list. May God’s divine healing restore you and the strength of this virtual community sustain you.

53. January 29, 2014 at 6:50 pm

{{{{{{{{{Go Brooklyn}}}}}}}}

54. 113 Lana
    January 29, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Just adding my support for GoBrooklyn and thanks to LL and all who live and lurk here.

55. 114 HZ
    January 29, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Your beautiful and moving comments about this beautiful and loving TOD family and our beautiful and brilliant Chips brought tears to my eyes, LL. Thank you for such a beautiful thought for our GoBrooklyn.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Loving healing hugs to you GoBrooklyn.}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you travel through this journey. Be as peaceful as you can, GoBrooklyn. If I were near you, I would get your favorite dessert and bring some lovely candles over and just sit, laugh, and eat our ice cream. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Love you dearly, GoBrooklyn..}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}HZ

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Loving hugs to NCLB }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}HZ

56. 115 Anjo
    January 29, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Dear GoB In your darkest hour, your deepest pain, when it seems you can go no more, just remember the love of your family at TOD is always there to lift you, hold you, comfort you, cry with you and laugh with you. We feel your pain and pray you receive the healing touch of doctors, friends and family during this trying time… {{{{{{{{{{{gobrooklyn}}}}}}}}}

57. January 29, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Dear GoB, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Remember, we are all sending you love and support and prayer.
    Love from another Brooklynite. Be blessed and be well.

58. 117 Nena20409
    January 29, 2014 at 7:02 pm

It looks like WVa Sen Manchin, NY Sen Gillibrand and DE Sen Coons are now backtracking from their sheepish AIPAC march to war support sanction against Iran.

59. 119 Wanda N VA 4 Obama
    January 29, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Thank you LL for those lovely thoughts and words. To GB…Blessings, Peace and much love!

60. 120 dotster3
    January 29, 2014 at 7:03 pm

I would just like to echo those who advise gb and nclb how important it is to remain hopeful and positive. We all know those who have overcome odds when faced with serious health problems. My only other advice, which I always give, is to seek the opinions of the top rated doctors at Mayo Clinic. I don’t know if there is a Mayo near gb in Florida, where I think she is, or not. But the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mn. has come to the rescue of a couple of my family members with dramatic results—-they always have the latest and the best treatments—–if you’ve ever been in the waiting rooms there, that’s where all the drs. in this country go when they have a medical issue.
    And again, my most heartfelt positive thoughts to those who are dealing with a difficult medical situation.

61. 121 whatisworking
    January 29, 2014 at 7:06 pm

What an honor to be part of this loving community. Thank you LL and all the others who have posted.

• 123 Nena20409
      January 29, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Jay was delivering the questions to POTUS.

It’s alright with me.

• 124 Lovepolitics2008
      January 29, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I love him to pieces. But I’m uncomfortable when he uses republican framing and language like “bureaucratic programs”. Government programs are often GOOD and well administered. Mr. President, it’s obvious you have empathy for all americans, even conservatives, and you want to reassure them; but PLEASE find other words to say it. Don’t use the exact same language that republicans use to denigrate government. You have such a way with words, you’re making so much sense, there is surely a different language you could use if you want to connect with moderates and conservatives who are afraid of government …

I wonder what the communications team is thinking …

62. January 29, 2014 at 7:11 pm

((((((((((((((((((((GB))))))))))))))))))) may your heart and soul be full with all whom love you.

63. 126 susanne
    January 29, 2014 at 7:18 pm

i love this. perfect response to all those whining about what pbo hasn’t done. lean on your congressional delegation, vote, talk to your neighbors. if you’re not happy with the president’s accomplishments, but you like what he stands for, then do something about the ‘do nothing’ congress, don’t blame the president. get out the vote and get rid of the rethugs in 2014!

64. 127 susanne
    January 29, 2014 at 7:24 pm

snow day in hawaii! here’s a webcam on mauna loa, showing folks who’ve braved the narrow, unmarked gravel road to play in the snow:

65. 131 mtmarilyn
    January 29, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Also want tnt to know that she is in our prayers as she recovers from surgery. We send our love and prayers to her.

66. January 29, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Dearest GoB, I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through, but know that you have an entire community rooting for your full recovery and quick return. Will be sending good thoughts your way everyday. {{{{{g0b}}}}}}}

67. 133 LDS
    January 29, 2014 at 7:39 pm

LL, thank you for beautiful words for our GB and others who are: Going through. Already in. Coming out of whatever life brings to us.
    It is good to know we have a place to come to be encouraged, give encouragement or just cry……
    Love and Prayers to all.

68. 134 carla4obama
    January 29, 2014 at 8:08 pm

I am a serios lurker, that comes to the TOD site and reads every post, every day. You all don’t know me but I feel I know you all. GoBrooklyn, I always look forward to your posts, were you not at the Easter egg roll a couple of years back?
    Thank yo LL, you keep us grounded in what is truly important here in TOD world, looking after one another. GB—we are all sending you positive energy to help you in your battle. But we will be with you in every step. Love to you…

January 29, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Best wishes for gb and nclb for getting better soon.

70. January 29, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I am a lurker but my prayers are with GB, NCLB and TNT. Wishing all success in respective treatments and recoveries. Hang in there and keep that positive spirit.

71. 138 LunarSea
    January 29, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Sending much healing light and love to you GoBrooklyn. I was really floored when I read your post, so can only imaging what you are going through. Know that you are surrounded by those who love and care for you.

NoChildLeftBehind I must have missed your post but please know that I’m holding you in my thoughts also. Hoping that you are bouyed by all the good will and blessings we send your way.

tnmtgirl, Dudette & TMT so very happy to hear that you are all on the healing ends of your ordeals. May you feel stronger & better every day.

To all the TOD family – lurkers & posters alike – you are a special bunch, each with your own special qualities, each coming together to weave a fantastic cloth of caring and friendship, of life and laughter, of community. (((I thank you all)))

72. 139 Suz
    January 29, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Just one of the many reasons I love and appreciate this website! I don’t post often, but if love reading all your comments

73. 140 pickle48
    January 29, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Peace, love, and light, GoBrooklyn. Relax in the everlasting arms…. and in our collective care.

74. January 29, 2014 at 10:14 pm

I tried posting my sentiments to both GB and NCLB today. Had to sign in to wordpress, and thought my comments had gone through. Any how, you are both in my heart and in my prayers. This is dire news but I always have faith in divine healing, if one believes enough, and with outstanding medical care. GB and NCLB, please know that I am right here with all of TOD in sincerest wishes for recovery.

• 142 No Child Left Behind
      January 29, 2014 at 11:36 pm

edp4bho,

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Went for a biopsy today and hope for the best results ever in two weeks.

75. 143 smoothscotch
    January 29, 2014 at 10:47 pm

My prayers and thoughts of well-being to both NCLB and GB.

• 144 No Child Left Behind
      January 29, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Smoothscotch,

Thank you for thinking of me. I am praying and hoping that in two weeks, the results of my biopsy will be good.

76. 145 WilTal
    January 29, 2014 at 11:21 pm

LL, this post is absolutely beautiful and heartwarming. Thank you.

“As much as GoBrooklyn has a circle of love surrounding her as she goes to doctor’s visits and therapy sessions, the circle of love we have for her here in this oasis created by Chipsticks is no less loving. Because it is who we are.” Sending my love and prayers to GoBrooklyn and NCLB as well and will have them in my daily prayers.

77. January 30, 2014 at 12:09 am

LL, you are so right about this loving and wonderful community that Ms. Chips brought together. My best wishes and prayers go out to GoBrooklyn and NoChildLeftBehind.

78. 148 majiir
    January 30, 2014 at 3:01 am

I’m late, but I’m on board and want to send heartfelt prayers to GB, NCLB, and other TODers who are dealing with health problems and other issues. There’s no other place like our TOD Community.

79. January 30, 2014 at 9:23 am

OMG!! thank you LL and EVERYONE for all the support and love you’ve shown me. It really helps.

I didn’t know this post was up. Thank you all so much. :) :)

80. January 30, 2014 at 9:35 am

Posting again to say THANK YOU!!!

**kisses***