Jan

Chat Away

Feb. 1, 2012: President Obama holds Arianna Holmes, 3, before taking a departure photo with members of her family in the Oval Office.” (Photo by Lawrence Jackson)

Chat on, night owls!

32 Responses to “Chat Away”

January 31, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Hi, Bye.

2. 2 idon
    January 31, 2014 at 11:54 pm

awwww She loves her President :)

February 1, 2014 at 12:01 am

Night Chips and her late night Chiparoos! Some of us know, or like to think we know, the reason we have a bed – Toodle-di-doo, everyone.

4. February 1, 2014 at 12:03 am

I LOVE my boss.

Due to the fact that we both have meetings all week, I have a 3 day weekend, as Monday is the only day I can take off.

And what’s on Monday, you may ask? Man City v. Chelsea!!!!

So, with that bit of news, I bid you all adieu. Tomorrow I get ready for my Super Bowl party. See everyone on the flip.

February 1, 2014 at 12:14 am

6. 15 LDS
    February 1, 2014 at 12:21 am

One of my favorite pics of all!
    It just says so much in so many ways.
    Her embrace. Her feeling safe. The peace upon her face.
    The two Presidents. Then and Now.
    America is not easy but the sacrifices are well worth it for that little innocent heart and others like her.
    I wonder what would Mr. Lincoln have to say.

7. 16 dotster3
    February 1, 2014 at 12:30 am

We now have one of these enormously offensive billboard signs in Chicago—–with the lovely message that guns are as American as baseball and apple pie—–mom got replaced by a gun in this updated version which is popping up on billboards across the country. A “rifle parts” company from Texas and a billboard advertising co. from Baton Rouge, La. are responsible for this great messaging. It’s disgusting advertising anywhere but especially in Chicago which has lost so many lives, so many young lives, to gun violence in recent years, still happening. Can we please get some sense in this country? What is wrong with people? This is sick.

8. February 1, 2014 at 12:41 am

Since SOTU it seems to me that the President looks happy and energized. I think he’s in his element now, making progress for the people of this country. And I don’t think people who have money have any idea how important his initiatives are now. The myRA is amazing! It has everything needed for a low income person to begin building for retirement As I read about it I could feel how much pride they would have to be able to plan and save. His ideas for the government training programs are excellent. He loves going out to talk to people. He’s such a positive person. Inspiring as always. Having companies commit to review applicants from the long-term unemployed is a very big change. And raising the minimum wage for federal contractors will impact 500,000 people. He’s touching so many people and it all builds up together. People get insurance so they can be healthy and work. They can take care of their families, pay bills. Health care costs go down in general which helps the whole economy. Insurance companies get more customers so they hire more people. It’s like voting. All the votes come together and make a big impact.

February 1, 2014 at 12:51 am

February 1, 2014 at 1:00 am

Goodnight, TODville! Tomorrow is another day!

11. February 1, 2014 at 1:52 am

Will always cherish that picture, Chips!!! Thank you.

Mobilizing the 100s of thousands of WV folk severely endangered by the #KOCHBro & their #PlutocratCabal could become a transforming force in ablating the greed that is enabling the poisoning of the planet and endangering our species and innumerable other species.

Yes WE MUST

12. February 1, 2014 at 7:44 am

Mooooorning Early Birds!!

• 31 99ts
      February 1, 2014 at 7:50 am

Morning from this night owl :) – Thought I would catch Steve – He is supposed to have new info.

This is such good news for John McCain.