Feb

A word from Donna Dem

By our very own Donna Dem (@NoShock)

***

Is it just me or do others have this sense that Democrats in power don’t feel that they can make any inroads in the 2014 election? With Priorities USA PAC conceding this election in favor of 2016 it gives me the impression that they feel it would be a waste of money. I know that some of you attribute this to Hillary but she doesn’t have anything to do with the decisions of this PAC. In fact if she runs for President her campaign as I understand it cannot have any coordination with this PAC whatsoever.

So as I’ve stated, I don’t place the blame on her I place it on those making decisions regarding 2014. The general election of 2016 will take care of itself but this President needs to get a Congress more willing to work with him now. There are plenty of good to great candidates all over this country that could give Republicans a run for their money. From what I’ve seen of Clay Aiken, he is a good example of this. He’s what I call a good ole boy from the south and I probably won’t agree on every opinion he has but I’ll take the likes of him over any Republican from that district. There is no reason why we can’t register Dems like crazy in his district and push them to the polls on Election Day. It’s a winnable seat with the right candidate. We should be working our tails off to win everywhere like this. To decide that due to gerrymandering it is impossible to grow our numbers in the house and hold onto the senate is crazy talk to me. We increased our seats in both the House and the Senate in 2012 (two years after the gerrymandering took place) because we turned out the vote on Election Day.

So the question becomes how do we get all these supporters who love and adore and have pride in PBO but are not what is classified as “likely voters” for the mid-term elections to turnout in record numbers this year?

The answer in IMO is simple. We have to make this mid-term election about President Obama.

Radio host Joe Madison talks about this frequently. He explains to his listeners that if we lose the Senate and the House grows more Conservative we will be looking at Articles of Impeachment. I know that some will say they have no grounds but you must remember that they don’t care if they have grounds or not. They will drum up something. They will constantly be issuing subpoenas to the WH for one thing after the other. Just look at how they have treated Eric Holder. Imagine that on steroids.

Because they couldn’t defeat him at the polls their goal is to try and destroy his legacy so that no other person that doesn’t look like them ever graces the living quarters of 1600 PA Avenue again.

Although I know that PBO knows all of this I don’t believe he will use the strategy of making this year’s election about him. As he said in 2012, he ran his last election. So I feel we, his supporters, are going to have to play the bad cop this year by using Twitter, Facebook, Emails or writing to our editors, calling into progressive radio shows and just old fashion spreading it by word of mouth. We are going to have to put fear in the hearts of his supporters that if the R’s succeed in winning the Senate that the Republicans will spend the last two years of his Presidency trying to destroy him politically and we all know that our media will be more than happy to be the rights accomplices in this effort. There first action as we all know would be overturning the filibuster rules and this will open the door for them sending him the most egregious pieces of legislature ever for him to Veto.

Getting his supporters who stood in those long lines in 2012 to understand the importance of doing it again this year will be a challenge but I believe if we make this about whatever candidate that is running in their district or state being an extension of the President and his legacy we can win this thing.

I’ve got his back forever. That’s my mission, that’s my job.

135 Responses to “A word from Donna Dem”

February 6, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Agreed, DD

February 6, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I sure hope Dems are not going to concede 2014 ground to the R’s without putting up a fight!

• 3 GGail
      February 6, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Hi sweetie!
      Congrats on First :-)

I’m doing well. On my way home shortly.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

• 5 yardarm756
      February 6, 2014 at 7:21 pm

X-2²

• February 6, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Donna, I feel the same. I have been worrying about this a lot. I have Dem friends who are separating from the President for reasons that are so far left-TPP, pipelines, drones. I don’t see how Dem candidates can afford to go that far left and still win an election. I hope and pray that the far left dems get back on board. You hit the nail on the head. All of us life-long supporters need to get back on board. We need to get out there and register voters. I thought I was done with how hard I worked int he past. I thought there will never be another candidate that I could possibly support as much as I support President Obama. You are so correct when you point out that this next election is still about President Obama. It is not about any particular candidate-it is about our President.

2. February 6, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Brava, Donna. I might hop off the Nope Train I’ve been on all day and get back on my usual commute of the Hope Train.

3. 9 Ladyhawke
    February 6, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Retweeted by LOLGOP
    Joe Sonka ‏@joesonka 22m

———————————–

McConnell has spent $9 million and had ads up since last summer, along w/ PACs. Grimes hasn’t put up 1 TV ad. And Mitch is down 4.

————————————————

4. 12 carolyn
    February 6, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Yes, LL, get back on the HOPE train with us. HOPE happens with work, as we have seen from our esteemed leader and millions of people like Donnadem. We need to push this group that says it’s ignoring 2014…..they are wrongheaded if this is what they plan. 2016 will have no meaning even if Hillary is the nominee and wins if they don’t have a Dem Congress. They need to understand this. I sent the PAC an email today saying that.

5. 14 Ladyhawke
    February 6, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Digital Journalism is Destroying Accuracy for the Sake of Being Fast and First

By Bob Cesca

—————————-

Back to original mass screw-up. It was symptomatic of a press that’s too focused on being first over being right, driven by the hyperspeed flailing of the internet and social media, which subsequently spreads misinformation and outrage like the Ebola virus.

The other side of the coin is how political journalism is too often focused on merely reflecting how people are reacting, however falsely, to news rather than explaining the truth. This is how, in 2012, Mitt Romney was able to repeatedly get away with accusing President Obama of “doubling the deficit,” when he, in fact, has significantly reduced it. The political press busily repeated the accusation, while speculating about how the Obama campaign would react and how that reaction would impact the polls rather than simply saying, “No. That’s not true.”

—————————————–

6. 15 Anjo
    February 6, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Donna see my post at the end of last thread, I am with you 1000%, we need to stop surrendering before the battle has even started

7. February 6, 2014 at 6:54 pm

As I keep reminding everyone, we were supposed to be gerrymandered out of contention in 2006. And we won in a landslide, due to massive turnout. We have to do that again. Nothing else matters.

8. 17 99ts
    February 6, 2014 at 6:55 pm

I continue to think that those supporting Hillary Clinton don’t want a dem victory in 2014. They think if the President has a dem congress he will pass laws that will

1. Give the GOP a few more hate speeches for 2016
    2. Take away the kudos for “bipartisan” passing of anything that is good for the US from a Clinton. They do not want PBO to get the thanks he well deserves.

PBO in 2 years achieved more than the Clintons in 8. It will be very sad if Hillary runs in 2016 – I don’t think she can win – I doubt she can take the s..t that will be thrown – she does not have the President’s ability to flick it off her shoulder.

• February 6, 2014 at 6:57 pm

It’s a damnable shame that Dems can’t stand united. But we’ve seen that to be the case with the election of Barack H. Obama. We’ll just have to outflank those Hillary supporters. We have no other choice but to fight a two front war, and win.

• 19 99ts
        February 6, 2014 at 7:02 pm

I do not understand why some who lose an election can NEVER give up. Sad

• 20 donna dem 4 obama
          February 6, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Let me try and explain. There are a lot of women who really, really, badly want a woman to be President in their lifetime. Hillary has the greatest name recognition of any woman in politics. So a lot of these women don’t even consider anyone else. They feel she is their greatest hope to see this dream come to fruition so they never stopped pushing for her to run in 2016. The media beats this drum day in and day out for her to run so its inevitable.

I think Hillary is too connected with lobbyist and the establishment to be an effective President. I would love to see a woman President in my lifetime but she wouldn’t be my first choice. But no matter who wins the nomination in 2016 I will be voting and volunteering for that Dem even if it’s HRC.

• 21 99ts
            February 6, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I obviously don’t get a vote Donna – but if I did I would no doubt vote for the dem – it just seems to me she has way too much baggage to win – yet someone – be it Hillary or her supporters – cannot see that. I am cynical enough to think she really wants to live again in the white house – Bill wants to party night and day with those in congress – and looking after the people of the US is a secondary cause.

Given the right leadings of the media – I think they want her to run because they can then stir up the opposition – big time.

Supporting someone because they are a woman – leads to the stupid of Sarah Palin. It has no merit in itself. For “non-white male” Americans – they win in spite of who they are – not because of who they are. White male privilege has a massive head start in the race – it makes the 2 victories of PBO so much more a reflection of what he stood for.

I hope my thoughts are all wrong – I just want the US that cares about its people to be allowed to overcome the “Corporations are people too” stand of the GOP.

9. 22 99ts
    February 6, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Good to see that Florida have little love for their governor

Crist leading by 7 points – much interest – this should be good for getting Florida to the polls.

10. 23 GGail
    February 6, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Very well said DD.
    It’s my mission too!

11. 24 donna dem 4 obama
    February 6, 2014 at 7:06 pm

12. 25 99ts
    February 6, 2014 at 7:09 pm

The night time brigade on MSNBC aren’t dropping Christie from their discussions. Interesting to listen to teh problem the GOP has with Christie supposedly leading the Governor’s association fundraising – while no-one wants to be seen with him.

If he stops them raising money – they will dump him – sooner rather than later. I’m still smiling.

13. February 6, 2014 at 7:21 pm

There are 8 open Senate seats:

Saxby Chambliss (R) of Georgia
    Sen. Tom Harkin (D) of Iowa
    Sen. John Rockefeller (D) of West Virginia
    Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D) of New Jersey (Although Booker holds this seat, it is open again this year)
    Sen. Mike Johanns (R) of Nebraska
    Sen. Carl Levin (D) of Michigan
    Sen. Tim Johnson (D) of South Dakota
    Sen. Max Baucus (D) of Montana

You can see why this will be an uphill battle. We are going to have to work very hard to contain the GOP.

• 27 donna dem 4 obama
      February 6, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Sam Nunn’s daughter is running is Georgia. I don’t like her but she’s better than Chambliss. There are a ton of Democrats in that state. If they’d show up we could pull that off?

I cannot for the life of me understand how Iowa, a state that votes Democratic every 4 years, keeps voting for Republicans. With a decent candidate and high Dem voter turnout we could win that seat.

Booker will win re-election as long as there isn’t any scandal tie in with Christie

Again, Michigan votes Dem every 4 years so why can’t we turnout the vote to get a Dem to replace him?

West Va, Nebraska, SD and Montana are loss causes.

Meta, these comments aren’t directed at you. I’m just talking (writing) out loud.

14. 32 donna dem 4 obama
    February 6, 2014 at 7:22 pm

What did Joy Reid name her new show?

15. February 6, 2014 at 7:22 pm

DonnaDem, aka NoShock:

Thank you for your beautiful, heartfelt (but not overly emotional) essay, which I know you prepared in a flash.

I responded on the previous thread in an emotional manner, lashing out at HRC and PUMAs.

But the threat of both houses of Congress being under GOP/Koch support should strike fear in the hearts of any American who is not insane or part of the 1%.

Judith Fardig mentioned on the previous thread that she spoke to a NRA supporter today who “doesn’t care about the murder of innocent children.” How were those words even possible? My reaction to his statement was the same as my reaction to the video that Dotster posted yesterday with a supporter of an Oklahoma congresscritter who called for the “execution of Obama” with no pushback from the congresscritter. None.

I know pictures of text sent on Twitter aren’t the most compelling thing to look at, but take a look at what Chris Matthews opened his show with on January 7, the day before Christie-gate broke wide open.

He spoke the truth then, but he’s so far gone on Hillary 2016 that he will probably never utter these words again. (Cannot locate the video on MSNBC’s crappy (IMHO) website.)

16. 37 HZ
    February 6, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Thank you, DonnaDem. I am totally in agreement with your voice and focus to bring action FORWARD for President Barack Obama. His successes to be continued are for those who support POB, he will have our backs just like he has always done in his Presidency. Our focus, when it is direct, totally focused, and sincerely ready to support with hard work will not only help us, but millions of people who will not have another fair and decent opportunity to live up to their full potentials for years to come. There will Not be another President Barack Obama.

We all worked our bottoms off to get alongside then senator Barack Obama and rode all the way with him throughout that journey to bring him to victory for this nation in 2008. Then many more joined us to help him come to victory on the journey again in 2012. For those of us who choose to stay with President Obama to complete his journey for our nation these remaining three years; we will need to think hard about what DonnaDem has so brilliantly spoken to us about in above statement.

I will not leave him because there are so many people who need our help for generations to come. Judicially, Domestically, Foreign Policy, and World Peace. Generations, and Generations to come. We cannot give in now. But the choices we make will be our peace and work in our own spaces. I will stand with DonnaDem and keep his back and support his mission, and help my fellow Americans now and generations to come.HZ

February 6, 2014 at 7:30 pm

Well written and well posed, Donna. Thanks so much for taking the time to present your thoughts to us, and thanks to all the other TOD folk who’ve done the same thing. Thanks to everybody who’s already working on the ground.

Here we are in February 2014, with the election set for November. It’s no longer years away … it’s NOW. It’s imperative we get everybody registered, and make sure they vote. It’s important that we figure out where our individual donations will go, and then send them on their way.

We all need to perhaps regroup and try to make the election our TOP priority going forward (and I realize many already are). The distractions of the latest GOP hateful act in Congress or in the individual states, the Christie bullying and his doomed ’16 candidacy (yeehaw), even the Olympics most of us would normally want to spend time supporting and cheering on … all need to take a back seat to our TOP priority.

Of course, we need to still keep our eyes open, so we can support the President in his foreign and domestic challenges and decisions, throughout the year. We can all multi-task! I will try to keep this in mind each day.

We are the ones we’ve been waiting for … same as at the start of President Obama’s “run.” It’s all going way too fast!

18. 40 mophene
    February 6, 2014 at 7:32 pm

That’s the way, I feel about it too Donna NoShock…….It’s about PBO. These are the last yrs of his presidency, let’s give him a congress we can be proud of…….damn, that’s the least we can do! We must do this!

19. 41 yardarm756
    February 6, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Mathematics:

This comes from 2 math teachers with a combined total of 70 yrs. experience.
    It has an indisputable mathematical logic. It also made me Laugh Out Loud.
    This is a strictly mathematical viewpoint..it goes like this:

What Makes 100%?

What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?

We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.

How about achieving 103%?

What makes up 100% in life?

Here’s a little mathematical formula to help you answer these questions:

If:
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

is represented as:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K

8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 =98%

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E

11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 =96%

But ,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And,
    B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass-kissing gets you.

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G

1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty,
    that while Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you 100%, it’s the Bullshit and Ass Kissing that will put you over the top.

20. 51 Don
    February 6, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Democratic Senator Mark Begich insinuated earlier this week that he wasn’t too keen on President Obama campaigning for him. It has also been suggested in other quarters that some Dems didn’t want the so-called negative baggage that President Obama brings when he comes to campaign for a specific Democratic candidate. I am so goddamn tired of these punk-ass Democrats willing to offend President Obama, but are willing to kiss anyone and everyone’s else ass to get elected or reelected. So its simple for me, if you don’t want to stand with President Obama and invite him to campaign for you, well then why should I waste my time voting for you or contribute my hard earned money to your punk-ass campaign. The days of elected Democrats offending and insulting this President are over.

p.s. This is Don and I approve of this message.

February 6, 2014 at 7:55 pm

I think this has been grossly exaggerated in the media – again, as a way of demoralizing Democrats and causing further negativity towards PBO. Yes, there are a few Democrats in deep red districts/states who don’t really need PBO – but that has ALWAYS been the case in ANY election, long before PBO even went into politics. This is not new or controversial, it’s par for the course, and thus his is NOT even about President Obama – as the media is trying to make it.

During the DNC convention in 2012, I could see the media literally breaking itself in 10 pieces all at once, looking for any shred of evidence that Democrats were abandoning PBO. They made a HUGE deal of the fact that the Senator from MO (Catskill?) was not going to be at the convention. You would think that she was PBO’s campaign manager in 2008 — the way they were carrying on. Yet the huge rifts that existed in the GOP among Willard, Jon Huntsman and clan, Palin, McCains, etc… were all kept hush-hush for the most part.

We need to go after the media on their repeated attempts to make PBO seem radioactive in the way that GWB was in 2007. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact the the opposite is true – as Terry McAuliffe found out, even in a purple state like VA. The media refused to acknowledge that it was PBO’s coalition who put McAuliffe over the finish line – despite the fact that the media’s current darlings Bill/Hillary campaigned on separate occasions for McAuliffe. They couldn’t close the deal – separately or as a team.

So we need to call the media out on their bullshit, and I will be doing just that. I am sick of the media part of the 1% trying to control everything we see, hear, know, and do. We are supposedly in a democracy – it’s time we fight for it!!

• 53 donna dem 4 obama
      February 6, 2014 at 7:58 pm

The thing that got me about his comment was that he openly wanted to state on the record that he didn’t want PBO to campaign with him. Now exactly what do you think the odds were that PBO was going to travel to friggin Alaska (a state that has voted Red forever) to campaign for Begich? The chances were slim to none and he knew it. He just wanted those people in Alaska to know that he didn’t want PBO there. He thinks that this is somehow going to get him the independent or crossover votes in that state. Now maybe it will or maybe it won’t but what he discounts is what a turnoff these statements are to the democratic supporters of President Obama in his state.

Where I do fault the Democratic leadership in our Party is that they allow these people to make these public declarations with no consequences. This is why they continue to do it. They feel they can bad mouth the President and that the Party funds will still roll in. I’d threaten to cut their butts off to stop this foolishness.

21. February 6, 2014 at 7:43 pm

I don’t know if any of you follow this woman but she is a tweeting DEMON for 2014. Just spends just about every evening tweeting all our Dem candidates. Follow and RT her!

February 7, 2014 at 1:44 am

I follow her and then get sucked into following all the Dem candidates I can, until my wrist falls off. “BJS” is a dynamo!

February 6, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Excellent commentary Donna! I feel that many Democrats are too easily manipulated and influenced by MSM punditry and make decisions accordingly. If PBO was a “media puppet” he wouldn’t even have attempted to run for Pres, let alone challenge Hillary whom the media had anointed as the winner well before the Dem primaries. Secondly, he would have quit after the first term or allowed Willard to win – which is what the media predicted and would have wanted him to do.

The Dems in power are very tunnel-vision oriented and simply cannot think outside the box. PBO has provided an extraordinary model for campaign success that democrats can follow and implement quite well if they so choose, yet many of them are too lazy to do what it takes to get the masses of voters properly behind them, and instead prefer to go the easy route of fast money from lobbyists and overpaid political “advisers” with questionable agendas. The same old tired methods of the 1980’s and 1990’s are no longer viable. Democrats need people-powered movements and there is no reason why they should concede 2014 when they have concrete platforms they can run on and the GOP has absolutely nothing!

Well, even though occasionally, I may board the NOPE train by mistake, or when I’m tired/weary, I ALWAYS come back to the HOPE train!!

23. February 6, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Excellent Dona!!!!

#LandslideDEMS2014

It’s up to us.

Yes WE MUST

24. February 6, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Uppers…dealing with this topic on his first segment

• February 6, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Please, don’t tell me that Chris Hayes is, at long last, becoming *gasp* responsible?

• 64 99ts
        February 6, 2014 at 8:13 pm

He’s arguing against what he supported in 2010 – suddenly he sees the problems of Dems not voting!

February 6, 2014 at 8:24 pm

These media pundiots like Hayes and his colleagues are as tiresome as they are part of the problem. All the time he spent inviting GG on his show and pimping that creep called Snowflake, he should have instead been spotlighting the complete and utter worthlessness of the Boehner and GOP.

• 66 99ts
            February 6, 2014 at 8:29 pm

I fear he has given up on the gg and started with Christie!! because – ratings – so to paraphrase what Churchill may have said – any enemy of Christie is a friend of mine.

February 6, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Yes but he’s about ratings, not principle. And that is a very dangerous individual. He could pull the rug from under you when you least expected it.

Hayes is no friend. Next month he’ll be singing a different tune.

• 68 99ts
                February 6, 2014 at 8:47 pm

As did Stalin – but not until Churchill and Roosevelt had achieved their No 1 goal.

• February 6, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Hayes has been on fire with the Christie stuff and he really defended Richard Sherman in big time way, even had him on the show. So until he goes back to Greenwald, he’s been fine in my book. (Never, ever thought I would say that.)

• 70 99ts
                    February 6, 2014 at 9:12 pm

While attacking Gov Christie & supporting PBO keeps his ratings up – He will continue. Sad but true. (but any port in a storm) He also seems to be talking slower – or is that my imagination.

• February 6, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Well, I could mock him, but I’ll take an ally.

• February 6, 2014 at 8:20 pm

well…what is interesting is that when they address this issue…the pundits never mention that PBO beat all the money that was thrown at him in 2012…by more than 5 million votes…despite Voter suppression….despite gerrymandered districts…PBO has shown us the HOW…you have to wonder WHY the DEM National Committee has not learned the lesson..

• 73 99ts
          February 6, 2014 at 8:31 pm

My thoughts just a few minutes ago pf58 – then Sen Obama proved there are ways to win outside of the millions from people like Koch & Co

25. February 6, 2014 at 8:11 pm

26. February 6, 2014 at 8:12 pm

LL? Thank you huuuuuuugely for posting Donna’s comment.

Donna? You’re inspirational.

• 77 donna dem 4 obama
      February 6, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Thanks Chips!

• 78 COS
        February 6, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Donna, thanks for this. You expressed exactly what I feel. Axe’s tweet is spot on. He is familiar with this stuff and they should take his advice.

• 79 yardarm756
        February 6, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Right on donna. Right on! :-)

• 80 HZ
        February 6, 2014 at 8:37 pm

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Amen, DonnaDem.}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} You added to my goodness space today. I am grateful to you. I would like to pass on a little sweetness of goodness that I received from a very loving person in my life: “Be encouraging daily; the game is not over yet. The final score is not yet posted; but when the scorekeeper does post the final score, just make sure your percentage is in the final calculation. Now keep doing your team-work for the Team’s Coach.”

Then he left me with 4 loving hearts at the end of the message. Ist Quarter, 2nd Quarter, 3 Quarter, and 4th Quarter. GAME WON!
        Purpose
        Position
        Persistent
        Pertinacious all the way.

#TOGETHERWECAN.
        (((((((((Love you all so much,)))))))))))HZ

• February 6, 2014 at 8:26 pm

You’re welcome, Cheesy Puff of Life.

27. 87 Nerdy Wonka
    February 6, 2014 at 8:18 pm

28. 91 Nerdy Wonka
    February 6, 2014 at 8:25 pm

29. 93 carolyn
    February 6, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Donna, I really like the picture at the top, and the slogan: “Working toe support the Obama/Biden agenda thru 2016.” This should be the working slogan for Priorities USA…..isn’t that the name of the PAC? With that they could get support from the Obama movement. That could be tweeted all over and directed to that PAC. They are so shortsighted. Without a strong Congress from 2014 on, the election of Hillary would be of little benefit. The same haters who have been after PBO four five years will be after her and she will need a strong Congress.

30. February 6, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Let’s all ask them and keep asking them until they realize their actions in 2014 determine any political future either of them desires.

Yes WE MUST

31. 95 yardarm756
    February 6, 2014 at 8:39 pm

For those that really believe in the “Creationism” philosophy, it should be obvious that there were a few species that stowed-away on Noah’s arc undetected. They survived on elephant droppings and have ever since. :-(

• 96 99ts
      February 6, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Cheer up friend – so much of the world is not even Christian – they laugh at creationists – as they should. :)

It has always been the solution to explain the inexplicable – those who want their followers to remain stupid, accept – but do not want it known – that man has reached the stage where they do not need fairy stories – science has the answers that it did not have a few hundred years ago.

• 97 yardarm756
        February 6, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Make no mistake Trish, I believe in the Almighty but I take issue with the present day characterization.

• 98 99ts
          February 6, 2014 at 9:15 pm

If there is an Almighty – I just don’t get into such discussions and see no reason to do so – one can have beliefs that still accept that the Old Testament is not a modern day truth – that Almighty exists for all of our world – not just for a few in Southern USA.

• 102 MightyPamela
      February 6, 2014 at 8:59 pm

I suspect much of Australia’s fauna were not aboard the ark at all, so how to explain them? There are some old critters DownUnda!!

• 103 carolyn
        February 6, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Did anyone else see the Science channel’s special: “Australia, the first three billion years”…..it is fabulous! If you see it available on DVD or coming up on any channel or Netflx or youtube…..watch it. It is superb. Every science class in the U.S. should view it several times. Noah’s Ark??????????a figment of someone’s imagination. Of course, the true believers don’t know that other cultures have a flood myth also, and that different reasons are given and different gods implored…….but, of course, these people detest education and broadening their knowledge. Of course, they are scared of it.

• 104 99ts
        February 6, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I guess you aren’t talking about me MP – but I do feel like an old critter some days :)
        We have an amazing collection of animals – sadly doing too little to ensure they survive.

• 105 yardarm756
        February 6, 2014 at 9:12 pm

We have some here in the US too.

• February 6, 2014 at 10:45 pm

“Elephant droppings,” hee hee hee

32. February 6, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Yes WE MUST

February 6, 2014 at 9:01 pm

You would think that 2014 would be what Democrats would be focus on. But who can explain some Democrats, in their own way they are just as crazy as those racists right wing tea party Republicans. For any Democrat to sit on there butts and talk about waiting till 2016 when Hillary runs. What if we sit on our butts in 2016 and not come out to vote for Hillary.

February 6, 2014 at 9:03 pm

To me this shows that there are Democrats who were not, are not, never were in support of President Obama.

• February 6, 2014 at 9:23 pm

My sense is, Annie, that by August, every Dem and Indie voter in America will be highly focused on the outcome of the 4 Nov 2014 election. While President Obama will not make the election ‘about him’ he is already being explicit – Send Me A Dem Congress!!

Yes WE MUST

33. 113 sherijr
    February 6, 2014 at 8:47 pm

With you all the way on this Donna= 2014 is what I care about and what I will work for.

• 114 sherijr
      February 6, 2014 at 8:50 pm

AND I will always have Barack Obama’s back, whether as President or later as citizen. I think it’s imperative that we let all Democrats running for election/reelection know that it is President Obama’s agenda that we support and that we expect them to run on that agenda.

34. 118 MightyPamela
    February 6, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Yo, y’all!

35. February 6, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I wonder what Pelosi is thinking about all this…

dovetailing on HZ…not going to panic… the game is not over yet. The final score is not yet posted;

YES We Can!

• 120 japa21
      February 6, 2014 at 9:27 pm

I was just thinking that same thing. You know she is sitting there thinking about what she can get done with a Dem majority and the gavel in her hands. If that happened 2015 would be a dynamite year.

• 121 carolyn
        February 6, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I remember what Leader Pelosi told Rachel once when Rachel was discouraged; “Don’t agonize, strategize.” That’s what she’s doing, She doesn’t waste her time wringing her hands…..she’s thinking, and planning, and encouraging, and raising money.

36. 124 99ts
    February 6, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Gosh – those who got it wrong when allocating Sandy Funds in New Jersey are blaming the Feds – why am I not surprised?

37. 125 99ts
    February 6, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Rachel is smart – she gets her guest to explain the truth – rather than say it herself.

38. 128 yardarm756
    February 6, 2014 at 9:24 pm

39. 129 donna dem 4 obama
    February 6, 2014 at 9:28 pm

40. 130 whatisworking
    February 6, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Greetings TOD family

Hear Hear Donna

I have been working away on a web page of 2014 races. It is not as cute as i want it to be, it does not have all the data it needs to have, but it is a start.

Please use this resource as you work on campaigns in 2014.

I will bring on a co-chair for the OFA team and let them take on more responsibility in running OFA from April forward. Then I can take off my OFA hat and put on my “Organize Sonoma County for Dems hat” That’s a big hat.

I think we can make a real difference in this election

We need to be ready to

1. Phone bank
    2. register voters
    3. Go door to door
    4. donate
    5. use facebook and twitter to spread the word

We have the momentum, the GOP will make blunders as they did in 2012.

As long as the President isn’t ready to quit

Here is the page, it will look better in time. The senate is totally correct but I need to add more names. The house is kinda done, but the last few states have inaccurate links.

With all of us working together we can make the page a starting point for folks who want to help and need a 1 stop to look for information.

41. 134 whatisworking
    February 6, 2014 at 9:31 pm

OOPs

As long as the President isn’t ready to quit than neither will we.