Feb

First Lady Michelle Obama Says: Drink Up!

Bg7wk9DIgAIsvrc.jpg-large

The Hollywood Reporter: Michelle Obama To Host Lifetime’s ‘Trip To Bountiful’ Screening

Officials announced Thursday that the First Lady Michelle Obama will host the special event on Monday, Feb. 24, at 4 p.m. ET, in the Eisenhower Office Building’s South Court Auditorium. The Eisenhower Office Building houses adjoins the White House’s West Wing and provides office space for most of the executive mansion’s staff. Obama will deliver personal remarks at the screening for the TV adaptation of the Broadway revival of Horton Foote‘s play. The Trip to Bountiful, which premieres Saturday, March 8, on the cabler, is set during the final years of the Jim Crow South. The Broadway production was nominated for four Tony Awards, winning best actress in a play for Cicely Tyson.

More here

36dc70fe327962074c0f6a706700095a

First Lady Michelle Obama is escorted by Rose Cameron, CEO and founder of WAT-AAH!, a line of bottled water targeted to kids and teens, as they view the “Taking Back the Streets” art exhibit at the New Museum, in New York

c7596583327762074c0f6a706700fbdb

993fe0f2327862074c0f6a706700fcf0

First Lady Michelle Obama talks with Sophia Rose Stewart-Chapman, of New York’s Little Red School House, in front of a color-by-numbers mural featuring the slogan for WAT-AAH!

5d4a233932bb63074c0f6a706700cfe4

Artist Trey Speegle, photographs First Lady Michelle Obama as she prepares to autograph his color-by-numbers mural featuring the slogan for WAT-AAH!, a line of bottled water targeted to kids and teens, at the New Museum, in New York

d544a87f327862074c0f6a706700ec0c

First Lady Michelle Obama meets Lola Picayo, of New York’s Little Red School House, before she autographed a color-by-numbers mural featuring the slogan for WAT-AAH!

OBAMA-MUSEUM

First Lady Michelle Obama hugs teacher Sara Barlow of Little Red Schoolhouse and Elisabeth Irwin High School

OBAMA-MUSEUM

First Lady Michelle Obama stands with artist Trey Speegle the 8th grade children of Little Red Schoolhouse and Elisabeth Irwin High School when she visits the New Museum’s “Taking Back the Streets” exhibit, sponsored by Let Water Be Water LLC’s youth bottled water brand WAT-AAH! to support the Partnership for a Healthier America’s “Drink Up” initiative in New York City

131 Responses to “First Lady Michelle Obama Says: Drink Up!”

February 20, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Okay.

February 20, 2014 at 7:18 pm

What’s FLOTUS offering besides water?

• February 20, 2014 at 7:20 pm

VCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!…Congratssssssss

February 20, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Thanks, PF, although Jer outdid me by checking out the contents of the post, yet still making it in through the door with me who hadn’t. Definitely have to up my game. :grin:

• February 20, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Wonderful pics, UT…….. FLOTUS looks so happy! Congrats on first, VC…….. tomorrow your countrymen will go down in flames. Book it 12:00 PM EST. :cool:

• 8 Nerdy Wonka
        February 20, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Thanks, LP.

Aaaaand yes, Canada will go down in flames. We just gave them the win today because they have Rob Ford, Ted Cruz, and Bieber. They needed a win.

• February 20, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Dear Canada:

February 20, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I answered you earlier, Nerdy. Truth be told, Canada needs two hockey wins to cover Ford and Bieber. Wait a minute, you added Cruz? I thought you Texans chose, and loved *him*! :shock: You definitely have to ‘give’ Canada another win – that’s only fair…and balanced. :grin: Set that up, will you please. You are a good friend. Th – anks.

February 20, 2014 at 7:29 pm

er…. ahm…. huh? Is that any way to greet a former acquaintance? :roll:

Hi L. Plains! You are scarcer than good gold. It’s good to see you, and good luck in your game tomorrow. :neutral:

• February 20, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Congrats VC :D :D

FANTASTIC pictures, NW!!! Thank you!!!

February 20, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Yes the pictures in this post are terrific! Thanks you, Nerdy!

Hi, Bobfr! I’m with you on the quest to poke or prod a 2014 position or possible action re 2014 from Hillary. Failing that, to try and get more social media folks calling her, and Priorities USA, out for this plan to ditch 2014

2. 14 JER
    February 20, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Great post NW! Thank you.

3. February 20, 2014 at 7:18 pm

These people make me sick:

“After cocktail hour, the new inductees – all of whom were required to dress in leotards and gold-sequined skirts, with costume wigs – began their variety-show acts. Among the night’s lowlights: Paul Queally, a private-equity executive with Welsh, Carson, Anderson, & Stowe, told off-color jokes to Ted Virtue, another private-equity bigwig with MidOcean Partners. The jokes ranged from unfunny and sexist (Q: “What’s the biggest difference between Hillary Clinton and a catfish?” A: “One has whiskers and stinks, and the other is a fish”) to unfunny and homophobic (Q: “What’s the biggest difference between Barney Frank and a Fenway Frank?” A: “Barney Frank comes in different-size buns”)………….

……The last thought I had, and the saddest, was that many of these self-righteous Kappa Beta Phi members had surely been first-year bankers once. And in the 20, 30, or 40 years since, something fundamental about them had changed. Their pursuit of money and power had removed them from the larger world to the sad extent that, now, in the primes of their careers, the only people with whom they could be truly themselves were a handful of other prominent financiers. Perhaps, I realized, this social isolation is why despite extraordinary evidence to the contrary, one-percenters like Ross keep saying how badly persecuted they are. When you’re a member of the fraternity of money, it can be hard to see past the foie gras to the real world.”

4. 20 Nerdy Wonka
    February 20, 2014 at 7:20 pm
    • February 20, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Thanks a million for the post Nerdy, absolutely beautiful photos.

I still fail to understand how someone as excellent as Roger Simon can work for a RW rag like Politico, but maybe he just wants to be a lonely voice of reason in the place. Still, I’d love to see him as a columnist at the Washington Post or NYT.

• 22 Nerdy Wonka
        February 20, 2014 at 7:25 pm

You’re welcome, Chips.

Yeah, it puzzles me too. He’s just about one of two people I can stand at Politico. I figure he’s there for the reason you stated just as I figure Shepard Smith is at Fox News for that reason.

• February 20, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I don’t know Roger’s CV, but I know he was good friends with the late Roger Ebert, who would often retweet Simon and mention their friendship.

Miss Ebert so much, he was my source for staying current on movie releases. His reviews always took into consideration the humanity of the characters, which I greatly appreciated. He never seemed judgmental, and reviewed movies with an open mind. I also liked the generosity he extended to young film critics around the world.

5. 25 JER
    February 20, 2014 at 7:21 pm
  6. February 20, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Fantastic Post…. I. ♥ FLOTUSSSSSSSS

7. February 20, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Interesting analytics:

……..The result confirms the worst fears of many. As Eli Pariser explained in his book, “The Filter Bubble,” the web tells you what you want to know and social network structures make it hard for outside voices to get in or for different groups to interact. (Pariser is now CEO of Upworthy, which is dedicated to making people read about things they wouldn’t normally read.)

8. 28 MightyPamela
    February 20, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Could be pretty soon, all that will matter is water. Without it, there is no life. Here, or anywhere. But, today, FLOTUS is rocking a beautiful outfit, as only FLOTUS can!

9. February 20, 2014 at 7:24 pm

“The International Atomic Energy Agency’s (IAEA) most recent report on Iran shows that Tehran is complying with the terms of a deal negotiated with the P5+1 on November 24. The February 20 report confirms that the Joint Plan of Action has halted Iran’s nuclear activities of the greatest proliferation concern and rolled back the program in key areas. New monitoring and verification measures are also now in place that give the IAEA a clearer picture of Iran’s nuclear program.

The report also provides more detail on the actions that Iran pledged to take in the November 11 agreement to cooperate with the IAEA. As a result of this information, the IAEA has been able to access sites and facilities related to Iran’s nuclear program and received information about Iran’s future nuclear plans. Additionally, Iran is beginning to provide the IAEA with information about its past activities with possible military dimensions. Resolving these past issues and providing sufficient information that these activities have ceased is essential………”

• February 20, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Hello, Meta! Long time no see :) I’ve been slightly out of commission, but working my way back to premiere status. I have been voting up your foodie blog ( I created some fake twitter accounts so I could vote multiple times) but it seems the S.O.B’s won’t go away. We need a full-throated effort here at TOD, to punch you across the finish line. Let me know if there is anything I can do to facilitate your victory!!!

10. February 20, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Won’t be allowing this issue to rest ….

YES WE MUST …. hold these people publicly accountable …

• 34 Vicki
      February 20, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Jennifer Granholm is the co-chair of Priorities USA. I always thought she’d be a part of PBO’s administration.
      Is it possible Jennifer thought so too?

I am trying to understand why Jim Messina and Jennifer Granholm announced, (announced!) they’d be sitting out the mid-terms.

• 38 Nerdy Wonka
      February 20, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Good job, Bob.

In my opinion if Bill and (especially) Hillary Clinton aren’t campaigning for Democrats in 2014, what the heck are they doing? They have the political cards to play in red states where for some reason (we know why), President Obama isn’t as well received by some and they aren’t using them. They could campaign 24/7 for Alison Lundergan-Grimes. They could help Mark Pryor in Arkansas. They could go down to Florida to help Alex Sink and Charlie Crist. They could come down to Texas to help Wendy Davis. I could go on and on. If you want to be a 2016 candidate, wouldn’t it be in your interest to fight for a Democratic majority in both chambers so that more progress can be made that would make your path to the White House a little bit easier?

It’s been disappointing to observe.

When then State Senator and then Senator Barack Obama gained publicity, he used it to campaign for Democrats who needed his help.

That is the hallmark of a leader.

• February 20, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Could not agree with you more, NW. Perfectly stated. It’s up to us to bring the pressure on these folk and I know the TOD community will put it’s shoulder to the wheel to help DEMS dominate at the Federal, State, and local level, on 4 Nov 2014.

• 40 99ts
        February 20, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Cynic that I am – I think Hillary wants to ride in on the proverbial white horse – and save the country. I don’t think she wants an “Obama success” in 2014.

• February 20, 2014 at 8:18 pm

There are no words.

• 43 99ts
            February 20, 2014 at 8:32 pm

If the dems lose the senate in 2014 – the media and everyone else will blame the President. If the dems keep the senate – and make gains in the house – the media and everyone else will say it was in spite of the President.

I get very jaded – I truly thought a new world was coming when America elected Barack Obama – a world of tolerance, love and hope. PBO has achieved so much – yet they try to cut him down at each and every opportunity. No other President has ever faced such undeserved hostility from within and without his party. Clinton lost 2000 for Gore – and most everything he did over his 8 years has been unwound. Yet his wife is now the great white hope. I doubt she can last a campaign if she has some primary challengers – as she should have.

• February 20, 2014 at 8:40 pm

YOU SAID IT ALL.

The sad fact is that I do not believe she will have any challengers. It’s as though everyone is shaking in their boots at the thought of taking on Saint Hillary. When I see what’s happening now – narrow focused PACs, donors ponying up, people like Capricia Marshall leaving her great job as Chief of Protocol in the WH to work on HRC’s election, the constant media drum beat – I just fear in my gut that this is a done deal. The great white horse is waiting in the wings to carry her to the Oval Office.

• 45 99ts
                February 20, 2014 at 8:44 pm

If the GOP can find a decent candidate (big IF – but who knew about PBO back when) Hillary will not win.
                The Dems need to be looking at their other options.

• February 20, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Will just indicate that I know people very close to this issue who are not remotely convinced she will run. In any event, it is a harmful distraction that we all need to take very seriously and use Twitter, in particular, to admonish them for not doing everything possible to expand DEMS in Federal, State, & local offices – because it’s the only responsible thing to do to help Americans. Enough folk making it really HOT for them will have an impact.

In other words, we all have to get behind President Obama and make his last two years in office the most productive of his Presidency.

Yes We Can

• February 20, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I know there are some people who don’t think she will run but I don’t buy it. How do her people wind up millions of people into a gushing froth, collect tons of money, get the pollsters screaming her victory, line up all the big names in politics and then – step aside? Sorry, I don’t see it.

The Clintons can keep on doing what the Clintons do. I’m keeping my eyes on 2014 because the consequences of not doing so are dire.

• February 20, 2014 at 9:08 pm

From appearances, I agree with you meta. From the perspective of skilled ‘internal pollsters’ unless that activity moves the needle from what are unconvincing outcomes, she won’t run. With all the fluff and fanfare, the outcome so far is largely – pissing off folk who know how to build a major grass roots campaign that WINS elections. We all know what group has done that – twice :)

February 20, 2014 at 9:30 pm
              February 20, 2014 at 8:54 pm

‘I get very jaded – I truly thought a new world was coming when America elected Barack Obama ‘

I am not jaded yet because a new world HAS come! It hasn’t come in the way we all wanted or envisioned it, but IMO there is no question that PBO’s election, and the person he is, has changed the way MANY, many people see American politics. One of the problems as I see it, is that many do not understand the change – it’s too subtle or too ‘intelligent’ if you will. Plus there are far too many old guard (some of them Dems) who, in their misunderstanding, stand in the way of progress or seek to return to their own political comfort zone. IMO, Hillary is very much one of the old guard who I think would return the country to *her* own, and the Republicans’ comfort zone. Nothing she or anyone says will convince me that Hillary is right for a 21stC America. It actually ‘pains my heart” to see/hear folks here concede the position to her. Something to consider – If BHO had conceded to Hillary and the media crowning her 2+ years out of the actual elections, where would we have been these last 5 years?

• February 20, 2014 at 9:04 pm

WISDOM.

We aren’t going to concede anything to the #KOCHSTERS and others whom are all too comfortable with America as plutocracy – an obvious ‘comfort zone’ for the Clintons.

President Obama is bringing it, every single day, and so are we. They’ve all failed to get that lesson – in 08, in 12, now. Doesn’t matter, the world and Americans are in a much better place – even those who deny it – than they ever would have been if WE & Barack Obama had not prevailed.

On 4 Nov 2014, we teach them the same lesson plan for the 3rd time. Maybe they’ll get it – finally. What matters is that we can accept no other outcome than a DEM Congress for President Obama’s final two years in Office.

YES WE MUST

February 20, 2014 at 9:15 pm

‘ the world and Americans are in a much better place – even those who deny it – than they ever would have been if WE & Barack Obama had not prevailed. ….. President Obama is bringing it, every single day, and so are we. ….. On 4 Nov 2014, we teach them the same lesson plan for the 3rd time.’

Thank you for ‘seeing it’, Bobfr! I simply cannot imagine Pres O sitting back and accepting a repeat of 2010 without punching back; just as I can’t imagine him not trying his hardest to make sure his punch is its most effective.

• February 20, 2014 at 9:16 pm

The potential Dems in this field appears to be the ones conceding. She’s got everyone on hold at best.

February 20, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Maybe *we* can start encouraging the potential Dems …after Nov 2014? I really don’t know enough to know it that would be too late, but I really hate the idea of Hillary taking up so much of the discussion time pre-2014 elections. To this foreigner it seems so insulting and wrong. (And Meta, yes, I know we are forced to talk about it because the MSM won’t let it rest for now.)

• February 20, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Well, it seems we’re talking about it because of their glaring silence in the 2014 races.

February 20, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Yes. In a way I see the #Clintons as self-serving cowards – and I see them that way in spite of any ‘charity’ they have done over the years. Since I started paying attention to politics (IOW, since PBO’s terms started ;) ) there have been enough examples of the Clintons not speaking out on meaningful issues UNTIL it was safe to do so. They have very little political courage between them IMO.

Meta, I will never truly understand why Hillary can’t see that her WH time is over and she can be more effective getting on with her life with another focus. Some people can be so willfully and irritatingly blind, and because of their celebrity status they’ll be sure to have other blind folks willing to follow them. :roll:

• February 20, 2014 at 10:16 pm

To be fair, I get why people want to see a woman become POTUS. She’s just not the one, for all the reasons you’ve stated and more.

Anyway, we’ll just have to see. In the meantime, we’ve got to shake it off and PRESS ON.

February 20, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Meta, here’s the best ‘final’ response; exactly in line with your PRESS ON!

February 20, 2014 at 8:28 pm

This is how I see it too, TS. In fact, I envision Hillary working along with the GOPs, were she to win, to then get something done so as to garner ‘bipartisan’ credit. It would be their combined way, I think, of giving ‘truth’ to GOP talking point that they couldn’t work with PBO. Is it unfair that I can very, very easily picture Hillary helping them to build this part-2 narrative?

• 62 99ts
            February 20, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Hi VC – yet among all this – the media are still covering for the corrupt GOP governors – coming out of the woodwork one by one – yet people keep voting for them!

February 20, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Truthfully, TS, I don’t see the media changing tactics before November, yet I am hoping that the behind the scenes grassroots work will once again bear fruit. I want to believe that despite those hardcore Repub voters that can only vote GOPs, there are enough others who have been awakened within the last two years to the fact that Republicans really do not care about them. We can’t give up, even if folks like those at Priorities USA seem to be doing so.

• February 20, 2014 at 9:03 pm

99ts,

I’m on record here at TOD mentioning your name and that I agree with your comment a week or two ago that HRC wants an obstructionist Congress (and even better, both Congress and Senate) through 2016.

White knight indeed.

To me, this is the only thing that explains Priorities USA sitting out 2014. The Clintons have ALWAYS been all about the Clintons. I’ve never trusted either one — in 2008 I was almost as terrified of a HRC victory as a McCain-Palin one (praying that McCain stayed healthy for 4 years).

Remember that David Geffen got on the Clintons bad side by saying early in 2007 (IIRC) that all politicians lie, but the ease with which the Clintons do is …. can’t remember the description, but something like “nauseating.”

Can’t explain the former OFA staffers who signed on to this. They made bad a choice, IMHO.

• 65 99ts
            February 20, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Being on “the winning side” is addictive – the bitterness of the McCain staff, compared to the happiness of the Bush people highlights this very well – and the democrats are the same.

They seem to think Hillary is the candidate – and they want to be on the winner’s side. They were/are flushed with the 2 wins of PBO.

I believe Bill is the one pushing Hillary – probably like GWB he wants to ride in the front of AF1 for a few more years.

• 66 Vicki
        February 20, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Nerdy W. You are so right. Take Arkansas. Bill Clinton was happy to brag to POTUS about AK’s healthcare program.
        Now it is falling apart. Folks needing Medicaid are not going to get it.
        Now! ex-Pres. Clinton would be a good time to speak up and see if you can restore Medicaid.

Why does this bother me? Well, it was the tone of the exchange with PBO when President Obama was praising Kentucky and Colorado for their innovative healthcare programs and Clinton interrupted with a “What about AK?” with a knowing smirk.
        As I said, Mr. ex-Pres now would be a good time for you to weigh in.

I am super-sensitive to insults aimed at our President. I just can’t help it.

February 20, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I agree with you NW and BOB that if the Clintons are not going to help in 2014, then they need to get out of the way.

But on another note, I’m considering the plausibility that Bill and Hillary are not as popular (or politically strong) as they’re being made out to be in the media and among certain “liberals.” Case in point – the Governor’s race in purple state VA for their good friend Terry McAuliffe. You would think that all Terry needed was a gentle push and nudge from Bill and/or Hillary, but no – they had to call in PBO to “close the deal” so to speak. And Biden and FLOTUS (both part of the PBO coalition) also had to help out.

And campaigning in red states might actually reveal a hard-to-swallow truth about Hillary’s (in)ability to carry the Dem party in 2016.

• February 20, 2014 at 8:40 pm

You’re on to something, hf, that I’ve considered quite plausible:

1. PBO and team were the real ‘closers’ in VA for Gov McAuliffe;
          2. Internal polling may be revealing serious concerns about Ms Clinton that would become obvious if she were highly involved in 2014 campaigning.

That said, if the Clintons are not thoroughly involved in getting DEMS elected – especially as we approach Labor Day – then they deserve massive derision.

Yes We Can

• 69 LDS
      February 20, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Mr. Bobfr, thank you for calling them out. They are playing it too safe by not saying anything until it is safe to come out and play. I just cannot stand another term of Bill. What is the point? Other women who are qualified to run for president as well.

• 70 Judith Fardig
      February 20, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Keep up the drumbeat for doing the right thing in 2014!

• 71 a4alice
      February 20, 2014 at 7:39 pm

you go Bob! Think they’ll actually deliver their support?

• February 20, 2014 at 7:45 pm

LDS, Judith and Alice – thank you!!

It’s up to us to bring these folk around to doing what’s best for Americans.

• 74 Bill R.
      February 20, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Keep it going, Bob!

February 20, 2014 at 7:35 pm

PM Harper is really rubbing it in….

12. 84 99ts
    February 20, 2014 at 7:56 pm

hahahaha – when accused of trying to be “even steven” – ie “both sides do it” – man from Politico says “That’s my job”

so now we know – the job of the media is NOT to report the news – is NOT to correct the errors – the job of the media is to say “both sides do it”

13. 85 a4alice
    February 20, 2014 at 8:02 pm

It is snowing like crazy outside here! Snug as a bug next to our wood stove though. :D

14. 86 yardarm756
    February 20, 2014 at 8:06 pm
  15. February 20, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Michelle O is fabulous!

February 20, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Smart man that President! http://www.salon.com/2014/02/20/obama_dems_must_focus_on_state_governor_races/

President Barack Obama says Democrats must turn their focus to the states and to races for governor this year if they want to ensure that the party’s policies succeed.

Obama says the challenge in politics is that national races get all the attention. He says Democrats wind up in trouble in midterm years because they don’t think state races are, in his words, “sexy enough.”

But he says those races are where much of the action is.

Maybe Dems would like to wake the fuck up now…that would be good.

• February 20, 2014 at 8:33 pm

I’m so glad he’s sounding the alarm. I feel as though we may be headed for a train wreck if the Dem Party and assorted players don’t wake the hell up.

February 20, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Seriously, to MY way of thinking…Dems, the only SANE people that we have in Congress right now….should just be able to point to the insanity of their RW counterparts and have voters RUN FROM REPUBLICANS when they find out what they really think!! But….messaging seems to be a problem for some people and we find ourselves swimming upstream, against a current, time and time again. They all need to listen to PBO and get their rears in gear! This SHOULD be a no brainer!

February 20, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Did you guys know?

February 20, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Good for him! I wish him well :) http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ir25NbaTkBgZWgZMspxEPS99wMgQ?docId=9534af5d-28bd-40fd-ad75-874a76c9fab1

A Florida great-great grandfather has launched a campaign to run for the US Congress in November, running on a record of 101 years of life experience.
    In a bid to become the world’s oldest freshman, Joe Newman announced on his website joenewman101.com that he will present his candidacy to the House of Representatives for the first time on a promise that “all citizens be heard.”
    He is 76 years older than the minimum age of 25 required to serve in Congress.
    “At 101, my ‘fruit of experience’ far surpasses everyone else in this congressional race,” Newman wrote on his blog.
    He said his long-shot bid aims to “inspire citizens of all ages and walks of life to get involved, get engaged and to become active patriot leaders.”
    Presenting himself as an “anthropological progressive,” the son of 20th century Russian immigrants as a write-in candidate against Republican Representative Vern Buchanan.

February 20, 2014 at 8:31 pm
    February 20, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Gee! Did any of YOU know that god wrote the Constitution?? ME NEITHER! Batshit crazy felon

21. 100 99ts
    February 20, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Do wish I could watch Michelle Obama on the late show – I need some positive – and she is always so positive – amazing woman.

February 20, 2014 at 8:36 pm

ROTFL..This is actually quite funny unless the writer believes his absurd claim. Writer claims that the paragraphs began to self-delete as he was typing….

23. 102 Allison
    February 20, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I’m surprised he’s offended..

24. 106 99ts
    February 20, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I’m not going to watch Chris Hayes if he keeps reminding people that Rupert Murdoch was born in Australia – we don’t want him anywhere near the place.

25. 115 dotster3
    February 20, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Mi. man mad at way snow plow driver was plowing snow in his apt. complex parking lot—–so—–shot at the driver, shattered windshield of plow. He had a conceal/carry license. Have gun, will shoot. For any reason whatsoever.

• February 20, 2014 at 10:34 pm

It used to be that having a temper meant you had a flaw to work on and were expected to get it under control. Then athletes were treated as being great when they lost their temper. Now it is to the place that when you have a temper you are encouraged to buy a gun and act out what your mental outburst wishes regardless of the consequence to others.

26. 117 globalcitizenlinda
    February 20, 2014 at 8:49 pm

please remember:

ordinary people volunteered for then-Senator Obama and defeated the inevitable candidate in the primary;

most establishment Dems undermined us all the way – even some were still talking about changing the vote up to the very last minute when HRC gave her speech during convention;

I believe ordinary people will play the crucial role in 2014 and then once we are succeeding in turning polls around, these establishment Dem will come on board asking for money and volunteers;

so, in my mind, we need to make PBO dominate the bulk of the news cycles so that the beltway can be reminded that he is the indispensable favorite of the base, campaigner, vote mobilizer, money machine and volunteer-motivator. this is the only way the beltway media & Dem will be shamed into admitting who the real political player/genius is – PBO

• February 20, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Could not agree with you more, Linda!!!

And, it’s obvious from all President Obama has been doing since his State of the Union address that he is intensely, laser-focused on the importance of 4 Nov 2014 – as we all must be.

We’ll get it done – just like we have been doing since that cold day in Springfield, 2007.

YES WE MUST

• 119 MightyPamela
      February 20, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Thank you, globalcitizenlinda! These are words of sanity and logic.

27. February 20, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Excruciating.

28. 123 99ts
    February 20, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Not sure why Rachel is giving time to this lunatic – hope there is a reason?

• 124 99ts
      February 20, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Ah – got to the point

• 126 carolyn
      February 20, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Which lunatic? There are so many choices. We’re not watching tonight.

• 127 99ts
        February 20, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Sorry Carolyn I didn’t catch his name – he has written books about the President’s birth certificate – as an example. His latest book relates to “Oil is not a fossil fuel – it is being regrown – all the time – there is no shortage”

It came down to the fact that the NC Governor believes that cleaning up the sludge dumps may be more hazardous than leaving them to spoil the water supply!! – based on non-existent facts this “lunatic” has written about.

29. 128 99ts
    February 20, 2014 at 9:29 pm

The case on abortion that Rachel is now discussing – was also charged in my world a year or two ago – the jury returned a not guilty in about 30 minutes – but that may be different in the US

30. 130 yardarm756
    February 20, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Both sad and frightening

31. 131 anniebella
    February 20, 2014 at 11:35 pm

The six picture of FLOTUS is that bald head guy Sam Kass? They are some very nice pictures of our lovely FLOTUS.