Feb

Rise and Shine

On This Day: President Obama is seen through a door to the pantry near the State Dining Room of the White House as he waits to meet with the National Governors Association, Feb. 25, 2013 (Photo by Pete Souza)

Today (all times Eastern):

11:0: School Wellness Announcement by the First Lady and Secretary Vilsack (WH Live)

11:30: President Obama meets with Speaker Rusty Boehner

12:45: Press Briefing by Jay Carney

3:0 We the Geeks: Celebrating Black History Month

3:05: President Obama delivers remarks on manufacturing innovation institutes, The East Room

6:05: Delivers remarks at the National Organizing Summit, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Washington, DC (Pooled for TV)

7:10: Delivers remarks and answers questions at an Organizing for Action dinner, Mandarin Oriental Hotel (Print Pool for Remarks Only)

Wednesday: The President will travel to the Minneapolis–Saint Paul area for an event on the economy.

Thursday: The President will host an event on his ‘My Brother’s Keeper’ initiative.

Friday: The President will attend a DNC event in Washington.

@WhiteHouse: RT to share how President Obama’s already made progress to expand #OpportunityForAll in 2014

WH.gov: Celebrating Black History Month

African Americans are making amazing contributions in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). But we need to make sure that African American students today also see themselves as tomorrow’s discoverers, explorers, developers, and STEM innovators.

At 3:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, February 25th, we’re hosting “We the Geeks: Celebrating Black History Month” – a Google+ Hangout with some of our foremost African American STEM innovators and education advocates.

During the live Hangout, these leaders will share their inspiring personal stories and thoughts on how we can all help to ensure that America’s next generation of inventors, discoverers, and innovators fully reflects our nation’s diversity…..

Guests include:

Dr. Paula Hammond — David H. Koch Professor in Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Dr. Hakeem Oluseyi — Assistant Professor in Physics/Space Sciences, Florida Institute of Technology

Mr. Calvin Phelps — jet engineer designer, Pratt & Whitney

Ms. Crystal Brockington — winner of Siemens’ “We Can Change the World Challenge”

Evan Jackson, Alec Jackson, and Caleb Robinson — kid inventors; winners of the Toshiba/National Science

Teachers Association ExploraVision Competition; participants in the 2013 White House Science Fair

Watch live on Google+ or at WH.gov/We-the-Geeks

More here and here

Paul Krugman: Health Care Horror Hooey

Remember the “death tax”? The estate tax is quite literally a millionaire’s tax — a tax that affects only a tiny minority of the population, and is mostly paid by a handful of very wealthy heirs. Nonetheless, right-wingers have successfully convinced many voters that the tax is a cruel burden on ordinary Americans — that all across the nation small businesses and family farms are being broken up to pay crushing estate tax liabilities.

You might think that such heart-wrenching cases are actually quite rare, but you’d be wrong: they aren’t rare; they’re nonexistent. In particular, nobody has ever come up with a real modern example of a family farm sold to meet estate taxes. The whole “death tax” campaign has rested on eliciting human sympathy for purely imaginary victims.

And now they’re trying a similar campaign against health reform.

I’m not sure whether conservatives realize yet that their Plan A on health reform — wait for Obamacare’s inevitable collapse, and reap the political rewards — isn’t working. But it isn’t.

More here

A journalist who actually believes it is part of his job to correct GOP lies: @hiltzikm

Michael Hiltzik (LA Times): Who really cost Mrs. Blackwood her cancer medicine?

Stephen J. Blackwood is utterly, unalterably convinced that his mother has lost access to her cancer medicine because of Obamacare.

That’s the theme of his passionate op-ed in today’s Wall Street Journal. The piece currently tops the most-read list over at the Journal website and has shot around conservative websites with the speed of a measles virus in an unvaccinated population.

Since we recently expressed perplexity about how easy it is to debunk most (if not all) Obamacare horror stories being retailed by Republicans and other critics of the Affordable Care Act, it’s only fair to take a look at this one. It’s not quite like many of the others, which present as victims people who actually are clear beneficiaries of the act. By contrast, Blackwood’s mother appears to have been genuinely abused by the health insurance system.

But the story is a lot more complicated than the version laid out in the Wall Street Journal. In fact, the problem with the article is that it points the finger in the wrong direction.

More here

Steve Benen: Why actual ACA ‘victims’ are so elusive

It’s practically a running joke at this point. The Affordable Care Act’s conservative detractors have spent the last several months in a desperate search for “Obamacare victims” to be used in various partisan attacks, and quite a few regular folks have received quite a bit of attention.

The problem, of course, is that all of these examples, once they’re subjected to even minor scrutiny, have fallen apart – the “horror stories” really aren’t so horrible.

More here

Steve Benen: Holder moves to protect reporters’ records

Time for a quick quiz. Last spring, much of the political media slipped into a frenzy for a few weeks, telling the public that the Obama White House was ensnared in three “big,” “mushrooming” scandals at the same time. Nine months later, can you name all three?

One was the IRS controversy, which turned out to be meaningless. The second was the Benghazi attack from the year before, and more fair-minded people would have to agree that the allegations and conspiracy theories involving this story turned out to be baseless.

The third was … what exactly?

More here

ThinkProgress: Conservative Lawmakers And Arizona Businesses Urge Governor To Veto Anti-Gay Bill

The national spotlight is now shining on Arizona as Gov. Jan Brewer (R) weighs whether to sign the controversial “license to discriminate” bill (SB 1062) passed by the legislature last week. Though the potential consequences are broad, at the very least it would seemingly allow businesses to use religion as an excuse to legally refuse service to LGBT people. She’s receiving a lot of encouragement to veto the bill from groups and individuals across the state, including from one lawmaker who even voted for it, many of the state’s representatives in Congress, and the state’s largest newspaper.

State Sen. Steve Pierce (R) voted for the bill, but admits now, “I screwed up. I’m trying to make it right.” He does not like the “negative picture of Arizona” the bill has painted, which he why he’s “on board asking the governor to veto the bill.”

More here

Chicago Tribune: Wilmette man crafts table for Obama to give as gift

As a custom furniture designer on the North Shore, Rohan Ward has had his share of discerning and distinguished clients.

But when Ward, 37, was hired to create a table for President Barack Obama to present to French President Francois Hollande, the usually unflappable Wilmette resident was a bit intimidated by the task.

“But when your phone rings and they ask if you’re interested in building a table for the president of the United States, you’re going to say yes,” Ward said.

More here – thank you Dotster!

On This Day:

First Lady Michelle Obama speaks at a White House concert honoring Stevie Wonder in the East Room for “PBS/Stevie Wonder In Performance at the White House,” Feb. 25, 2009 (Photo by Pete Souza)

First Lady Michelle Obama greets Mrs. Margarita Zavala de Calderon, the First Lady of Mexico, in the Yellow Oval Room of the White House, Feb. 25, 2010 (Photo by Samantha Appleton)

President Obama drops by a farewell reception for U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk in the Indian Treaty Room of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building at the White House, Feb. 25, 2013 (Photo by Pete Souza)

First Lady Michelle Obama, with Dr Jill Biden, delivers remarks during the National Governors Association meeting in the State Dining Room of the White House, Feb. 25, 2013 (Photo by Chuck Kennedy)

MoooOOOooorning!

107 Responses to “Rise and Shine”

February 25, 2014 at 9:07 am

Fabulous!

February 25, 2014 at 9:16 am

green √

blue √

pink √

February 25, 2014 at 9:18 am

State and local governments have awarded at least $110 billion in taxpayer subsidies to business, with 3 of every 4 dollars going to fewer than 1,000 big corporations, the most thorough analysis to date of corporate welfare revealed today.

Boeing ranks first, with 137 subsidies totaling $13.2 billion, followed by Alcoa at $5.6 billion, Intel at $3.9 billion, General Motors at $3.5 billion and Ford Motor at $2.5 billion, the new report by the nonprofit research organization Good Jobs First shows.

Dow Chemical had the most subsidies, 410 totaling $1.4 billion, followed by Warren Buffett’s Berkshire-Hathaway holding company, with 310 valued at $1.1 billion.

The figures were compiled from disclosures made by state and local government agencies that subsidize companies in all sorts of ways, including cash giveaways, building and land transfers, tax abatements and steep discounts on electric and water bills.

In fact, the numbers significantly understate the true value of taxpayer subsidies to businesses, for reasons explained below.

Why ACTUAL PEOPLE can’t have what they deserve.

• 14 jackiegrumbacher
      February 25, 2014 at 9:39 am

Df, this is important and critical information for taxpayers across the country to know about, which is why it will never be picked up and widely distributed by the corporate media. There is a conspiracy of silence between the media and corporations to keep all us in the dark. They want nothing better than to cultivate a nation of mushroom people.

February 25, 2014 at 9:46 am

” They want nothing better than to cultivate a nation of mushroom people.” Truer words were never spoken. Somebody needs to Tweet this thing:)

4. 16 Nerdy Wonka
    February 25, 2014 at 9:33 am

Fantastic Rise and Shine, Chips.

I respect Michael Hiltzik’s work, read him regularly, have featured him a number of times on Rise and Shine, and follow him on Twitter. He is the definition of what journalism is and should always be (Take note Chuck Todd). When one sees lies, correct them. Do not misinform the public. Do not mislead the public. That is not journalism. What the WSJ – within the publication, they have some very good journalists – did with that Op-Ed piece is disgusting.

I’m happy that there is a Michael Hiltzik in this world. Bravo, sir!

p.s. Just found he’s also following me too. Yay!

This is VP Joe Biden on Late Night with Seth Meyers. He was fantastic. He and Amy Poehler were great guests.

The tribute President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama gave Harold Ramis…wow. We should all be so lucky.

• February 25, 2014 at 9:40 am

Moooooorning Nerdy – and thank you!!

Michael Hiltzik really is doing fantastic debunking work on Obamacare lies, he is relentless.

I loved that he RTed this last night:

He obviously feels the same way about Todd.

He would renew your faith in journalism – almost!

• 18 57andfemale
        February 25, 2014 at 10:35 am

He’s a regular on Norman Goldman’s radio show. Norman can be a jackass sometimes (less so as time goes by – nowhere near as rabid whiny liberal as he was during PBO’s first term). Hiltzik is great.

Also, it was on Goldman’s show that I heard about the co-op insurance that IL is offering. All states were supposed to be able to get grants, but the grants were a casualty of the 2012 budget deal, I’m afraid. IL had already received the grant.

The co-ops are not-for-profit, ‘owned’ as it were by the customer. They have low overhead similar to Medicare, since all of the profits go back into improving health care and access. It was supposed to be a back door approach to single payer. I chose the co-op over BCBS. I really need to get my long comment on my experience with ACA written for perusal by the TOD family.

• 19 0388jojothecat
        February 25, 2014 at 10:41 am

Absolutely NO thinking person believes Upchuck Toad is a journalists.

February 25, 2014 at 9:57 am

Thanks UT for sharing this with us. Gives me a glimmer of hope that there are a few decent journalists out there. A shrinking minority, but they still exist…and should be rewarded/applauded for their good work.

• 22 MightyPamela
      February 25, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Hiltzik is wise to follow you, NW, our shooting star! He will be in good company!

5. 23 JER
    February 25, 2014 at 9:35 am

Good Morning Chips and TOD.

VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN ON ‘LATE NIGHT’ WITH HOST SETH MEYERS.

6. 28 Nerdy Wonka
    February 25, 2014 at 9:37 am
    February 25, 2014 at 9:48 am

LOLGOP ‏@LOLGOP 7m
    The GOP is for gutting Medicare into a mostly privatized system that passes costs on to seniors.

Repeat and retweet till everyone knows.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Will they be in willful denial??

• 34 japa21
      February 25, 2014 at 10:37 am

Just cast my 5th vote. If you have to, go to all the different email sites and sign up for more email addresses. Meta is comfortably in 2nd, but has a lot of catching up to do. Let’s not be typical Dems at midterms and not show up at the polls.

February 25, 2014 at 11:30 am

Sticking my neck in after giving myself a break and going to vote. Careful, there, J! Saw this in my rambling around at the site trying to find the right voting button – yes, I’m challenged technologically – I tell you guys that all the time.

“How do you catch cheaters?

Cheating patterns tend to stick out quite noticeably.

Our ability to catch cheaters, or those who try to stuff the ballot by voting multiple times under different names is managed by closely watching multiple votes under similar names and/or the same IP address. While it’s impossible to be perfect, we seek out and remove any serious multiple voting in these two areas. We will also notify the persons suspected. We are fully aware that schools and offices often will have multiple votes coming from one IP address. We are very good at this point at differentiating between this and someone who is just trying to hack our system. ”

I suggest we just ask people we know (family, coworkers, friends) to vote. Nothing wrong with that.

February 25, 2014 at 9:54 am

Gunnite amk. Sleep tite. Don’t let the WSJ op-ed bite!

9. 37 japa21
    February 25, 2014 at 9:57 am

GM all from, once again (and this is getting boring) frigid Chicago, which is about to get frigider, with record breaking lows the next couple days.

The real tell in the story that Hiltzik discusses is the cost of the BC/BS policy that was cancelled. At $5,000 a month, it was most definitely not one of those policies that didn’t meet the ACA policy guidelines unless it was for a minor detail, which could have been tweaked with little to no increase in cost.

The other aspect relates to the Humana policy. Any insurance broker has access to the formularies for the policies they sell and can tell someone immediately if a certain drug is covered or not.

However, and again showing that Hiltzik is a journalist with integrity, he refuses to specifically cast the blame on BC/BS because he doesn’t have all the facts, knows he doesn’t, and isn’t going to make accusations without the facts.

He merely goes to the source, the patient’s husband, whio is a doctor, and gets what information he can get and leaves it out there.

He also really avoids calling anybody a liar. As he says, the son undoubtedly really believes that the fault is the ACA. Nor does he say BC/BS lied, just that it didn’t seem right.

Actually, if I was on the insurance commission of the state this took place in, I would request an investigation of the circumstances where the policy was termed.

• 38 japa21
      February 25, 2014 at 9:57 am

Oh, and by the way, have I mentioned yet how much I am getting to hate this winter?

• 39 57andfemale
        February 25, 2014 at 11:02 am

Record-breaking lows as we go into March.

And I heard 4-8 inches of snow over the weekend? I don’t know how much more of this we can take.

I was brave today and didn’t wear my boots. I had to have one day when I left my house without all of winter’s armor.

Oh – and the average high temperature for Chicago is now 40 degrees. We’re not even close.

• 40 japa21
          February 25, 2014 at 11:04 am

For at least next 10 days will be 20 degrees or more below average.

• 41 57andfemale
            February 25, 2014 at 11:18 am

I really want dry roads. I want to be able to leave my house without maneuvering through ice and snow. I just want to cry.

February 25, 2014 at 11:38 am

:shock: You left home in winter WITHOUT YOUR BOOTS – without winter’s armor? :shock: 57F, I don’t know if I should say ‘brave soul’ or ‘crazy soul’. smh sadly. I wouldn’t dare take that chance, and I drive. Weather can change so quickly/drastically in winter, that I never leave home without my boots. In fact, so as not to have to carry too much (I work at different venues) I keep my boots on all day when I do go to work. Anyhoo (hey, Cookemom, you’ve altered that word for me!), take care of yourself, 57F. Pretty soon (I hope) you’ll be so hot, you’ll be wishing winter would come back.

To all other TODobots who are fed up with snow – hang tough….and warm. It cannot last forever (please, Lord)!

• 43 57andfemale
            February 25, 2014 at 11:43 am

Mr. 57 is on call if I need my boots because if there is a square inch of ice, I will find it and land on my butt.

I just needed one day – just one – when I could eliminate that step in the winter armor.

February 25, 2014 at 11:47 am

Phew….. so you did have a backup plan! My greatest and overriding winter fear is that I will fall. The second fear is being caught far from home in a blizzard with whiteout conditions, consequently, I rarely go far from home in winter.

• 45 57andfemale
                February 25, 2014 at 11:50 am

I studied the weather map, too. I think I’m safe today, although now I have a permanent chill because it’s so damned cold. I have a long, narrow foot and the boots were really starting to exacerbate my arthritis in my knees, hips and back. I’m still so sore from cleaning out the flooded sewing room last week, I just really wanted to wear regular shoes today.

Pardon my language but this winter SUX.

• 46 MightyPamela
                  February 25, 2014 at 1:41 pm

{{{{{57}}}}} boots can cause that old, wearying, streaking pain, even if they fit properly! Soak those little tootsies in some Epsom salts and baking soda, if you have any. Add a couple drops of eucalyptus oil, also, if you have any. Hang in there. Love you.

• 48 MightyPamela
            February 25, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Wth you on this one, VC, especially the part about conditions changing quickly. Here, although it has been mild, I am committed to wearing boots, and my layers, the main reason, I suppose, is we live in an earthquake prone region. I find it psychologically self-supporting to know I may have some chance of staying at least a little bit warm and dry, as we never know how long it may take to reach some type of shelter. Of course, we are trained to think this way, if we choose to ilve in this beautiful area.

February 25, 2014 at 9:57 am
    February 25, 2014 at 10:01 am

Obama had spoken to the governors about raising the minimum wage, but it’s unclear what Jindal exactly meant by “minimum wage economy.” Maybe he was confused it with “part-time economy,” a common Republican criticism of Obama’s policies that has no basis in fact. I left a message with his press office asking for further clarification, but have not heard back yet. If Jindal meant to argue that more and more workers are earning the minimum wage under Obama, he’s wrong.

What about the number of minimum wage workers as a percentage of workers who are paid at hourly rates? Maybe there are fewer minimum wage workers, but they represent a greater share of that workforce?

Nope:

I don’t know what exactly Jindal meant by his “minimum wage economy” quip, but Obama has not presided over some vast expansion of workers making the minimum wage. And the Louisiana governor should know what a “minimum wage economy” looks like. After all, his state has the fourth highest percentage of minimum wage workers.

February 25, 2014 at 10:03 am
    • 54 Obama Grandmama
      February 25, 2014 at 8:14 pm

The GOP House should run on vote for us. We will work less days for more money being sure we get less done for you.

13. February 25, 2014 at 10:08 am
      February 25, 2014 at 10:32 am

I remember going to school and in my elementary school, junk food was not serve in that school, no chips, no sodas, no candy, none of that junk. I know times have change, but I don’t think it’s changed for the better. And it sure would help if we could get P.E. back in school.

• February 25, 2014 at 11:13 am

Anniebella, I remember fast food places were a VERY RARE treat rather than the source for regular meals. And any junk food at school came from the mom and pop shops/grocers that we stopped at on the way to or from school.

It’s a shame that *daily* recess (P.E.) is a casualty of today’s school curriculum.

14. February 25, 2014 at 10:08 am

11:00 AM EST: School Wellness Announcement by the First Lady and Secretary Vilsack

15. 59 sherijr
    February 25, 2014 at 10:11 am

Here I am again today dealing with Baltimore City water dept… thought we had this $65000. bill figured out.. but nope. Finally called the Mayor’s office.. and was told one of the water dept manager’s would call me back. We’ll see how that goes. But seriously I have grown fond of this city in the year and a half we’ve lived here.. but their water dept is really hurting that fondness. Anyhoo- my wee rant for the day (I hope) Good morning TOD, happy snowy Tuesday~

16. 60 Jeff
    February 25, 2014 at 10:12 am

Really worried about Uganda… I think the US needs to stop aiding them besides helping the people that want out of that country. All forms of money and food need to be stopped from getting shipped to their government.

• February 25, 2014 at 10:15 am

It’s frightening what’s going on there Jeff, I just don’t know what’s the best way to handle it – cutting aid or imposing sanctions would just hurt the poor, the freaks bringing in these kind of laws would escape untouched. It’s a nightmare.

February 25, 2014 at 10:14 am
  18. 63 CEB
    February 25, 2014 at 10:18 am

Good morning everyone. I seldom comment, but TOD has been my first stop in the morning since its inception. The quality of the Rise and Shine, authored by Chips and Nerdy Wonka, is outstanding and some how gets even better and better. I tell everyone that I know about the site. You helped me to talk people down from the ledge during the run-up to the 2012 election and to reassure and inform people about the wonders of the ACA. On the lighter side, I have been delighted to laugh out loud status on the Football/soccer rivalries, the antics of Danny, and the sharp witty observations of so many about so many subjects. I really enjoy the holistic nature of the site and the discussions of anything that is going on, big and small. While it is my nature to lurk more than it is to comment, I do carry the things that i have learned here in to the outside world. The greatest thing that Chips has done for all of us is to provide us with a safe and honest place to express our love and support for the greatest president ever without censure, and to fight all of the lies and disinformation that the national media spreads.
    On another note, I also wanted to express my appreciation for Bob who is always the first to let us know about important events in other countries, especially, Libya, Syria, and the Ukraine, long before the national media mentions them. All too often, when they finally due, it is only to report on blood shed or to somehow make it the president’s fault. Thank you, Bob for your diligence on this and many more issues.
    Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all, Chips, NW and the other mini-blog tyrants, and all of the regular posters for this wonderful site.

• 64 CEB
      February 25, 2014 at 10:21 am

Ooops! should be “do” not “due.” I should edit before I click!

• February 25, 2014 at 10:29 am

Oh CEB, what a completely lovely, generous comment, you are incredibly kind. Really thrilled that you still enjoy TOD and all the crazies who comment here! Hope all is great with you, thank you again.

• February 25, 2014 at 10:54 am

One thing about TOD Village is even if you lurk/don’t comment/don’t comment regularly, you don’t feel any less a part of this community.

We still share the joys and sympathize in the trials of fellow bloggers; we laugh about the humorous comments; we are entertained by the more cultural/social postings; we are educated by the educational postings; we are updated on national and international events (that might otherwise be a blip in our awareness); and we remain politically aware as par for the course.

To echo and paraphrase what CEB said, here, we get the ammunition to combat the lies/mis-information that is promoted daily by the MSM and extremists (both right and left).

• 68 sherijr
      February 25, 2014 at 10:35 am

wow, great comment CEB- you spoke my mind in a way I could not.. agree so much with your sentiments and in the way you expressed them.

• February 25, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Dear CEB, really appreciate your comments and could not agree with you more about the quality of the community Chips has created and the exceptional efforts that she and NW make, daily, to nurture that community.
      Thank you!!

#FORWARD Together

19. February 25, 2014 at 10:18 am

Morning everyone. Thanks for a great rise and shine, especially pics. Who can smile like PBO? No one.

February 25, 2014 at 10:19 am
    • 72 Nena20409
      February 25, 2014 at 2:06 pm

:lol:

Thieves made away with the well planned schemes :?:

Tech $$$ ain’t what it was twisted–ly designed to be :?:

21. 73 africa
    February 25, 2014 at 10:20 am

Happy Tuesday TODers.

Hiya Chips.

Ooooh la la. R&S rock.

And lordy, kudos to Mr. Hiltzik for refusing to allow GOP lies to stand.

22. 75 Ladyhawke
    February 25, 2014 at 10:20 am

INCOHERENT JINDAL NEEDS TO TAKE A LONG LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

Jindal clumsily claims the spotlight

by Steve Benen

—————————

First, the notion that the “Obama economy is now the minimum wage economy” is deeply odd. Danny Vinik made short work of the argument.

——————————————

• February 25, 2014 at 10:27 am

Jindal must be trying to recycle himself as the GOP golden boy…now that the most recent golden child has been tarnished.

• 77 Ladyhawke
        February 25, 2014 at 10:56 am

Yes, it seems like he is trying to take the place of RGA Chairman Chris Christie who could not attend the Governors Conference because of the plethora of investigations going on in NJ. Jindal was just pathetic. I had both fists in the air when Governor Malloy called him out on camera and then walked away as Jindal was trying to continue his incoherent babbling.

• 78 Nena20409
      February 25, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Jindal is feverishly LOOKING for a blush Job after his term expires?

23. 79 Ladyhawke
    February 25, 2014 at 10:28 am

SHORTER JINDAL: ‘PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME’

JINDAL ACTS OUT

by Ed Kilgore

—————————–

Malloy wanted to make sure listeners understood Jindal’s opportunism:
    During my days as a staffer for three governors, there were always a few show-up-late, leave-early, hog-the-spotlight chief executives at those dreary, wonky NGA meetings—and always someone who would disrupt the carefully controlled bipartisan atmosphere of the organization, without which it could not function. Looks like Jindal’s the whole prima donna package. I hope “the base” is happy, because I’m starting to get worried about what this man will do for attention if he doesn’t get it soon.

——————————–

February 25, 2014 at 10:28 am

Enjoying nice, tasty freshly fried cauliflower crisps with my scotch. Heh, my happy. my hour.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What is that behind the dish you ask? That’s my master of flies zapper.

Wanna pics of my kills? I can serve them, if you want’em.

25. 86 africa
    February 25, 2014 at 10:30 am

When all GOP stops insulting and disrespecting president Obama, then they can tell me about how outraged they are about the washed up singer’s nasty comments about my president. Until then, pfttt

February 25, 2014 at 10:35 am

I will not curse on the blog about Cheney this early in the morning I will not curse on the blog about Cheney this early in the morning I will not curse on the blog about Cheney this early in the morning I will not curse on the blog about Cheney this early in the morning

Subtitle: There is an endless supply of paint.

Mornin’.

• 88 Linda
      February 25, 2014 at 10:38 am

As I said before….I am not sure how more troops , 440,000 vs Sequester number of 420,000 and more money than the Sequester amount translates to LESS ……

February 25, 2014 at 10:41 am

This lying piece of crap name Dick Cheney is a disgrace to the human race. He rather lie this country into a wars which was not necessary.

• 91 Nena20409
      February 25, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Here’s a war criminal who shot a guy in the face using Ted Nuget, Newt Gingrich’s and Huckabee’s type of verbiages……..Subtle racism doubled down in screams with an echo chamber media ready and willing to spread the hate.

• 92 99ts
      February 25, 2014 at 4:18 pm

I get infuriated by places like TPM that spread the bile that comes from Cheney’s mouth. He did so much harm – they should leave him out in the cold.

February 25, 2014 at 10:33 am

I see what you did there, Chips … Speaker Rusty Boehner … so official like. Love it! Back to reading the other good stuff … Mornin’.

February 25, 2014 at 10:34 am

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho said it was a “disgrace” a private conversation in which he appeared to criticise his strikers was broadcast on French TV.

Mourinho said he was joking when he complained about Chelsea’s lack of strikers and made an unflattering comment about Samuel Eto’o’s age.

“It was a funny conversation with somebody that doesn’t belong to the football world,” Mourinho said.

“It is a disgrace that someone is taping a private conversation.”

poor, poor jose.

February 25, 2014 at 10:37 am
  29. 97 japa21
    February 25, 2014 at 10:42 am

Been pointed out before, glad it is getting more publicity.

30. 98 africa
    February 25, 2014 at 10:42 am
      February 25, 2014 at 10:59 am

Haven’t seen anything much from Donna Brazile in quite a while – maybe I just haven’t been paying attention. Glad she’s still around, questioning stuff.

31. February 25, 2014 at 10:46 am

My original copy and paste in the schedule left out a ’1′ in the First Lady’s event today :oops:

Her ‘School Wellness Announcement’ with Secretary Vilsack is at 11:0 EST

32. February 25, 2014 at 10:58 am

Good morning, TODville.

I love Amy Poehler. She smart, she’s funny and she’s a DEMOCRAT!

February 25, 2014 at 10:58 am

Users of Apple’s OS X operating system are being warned to take care when browsing online as they wait for a solution to a security flaw.

A software update was released last week to owners of iPhones, iPads and iPods to protect users from “an attacker” who may “capture or modify data”.

It was later discovered that the problem also existed on Apple laptops and desktop computers running OS X.

A security fix has not yet been issued.

And you macheads thought you were all safe. Ha, ha.

34. February 25, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Here’s what happens when a little light & a little water combine at just the right time @YosemiteNPS. pic.twitter.com/1vbw0Fs7QE

35. 107 Nena20409