Feb

Chat Away

Leaving Andrews this morning

Next Up:

3:05 EST: President Obama Speaks at Union Depot, St. Paul, Minnesota

Chat on!

83 Responses to “Chat Away”

1. 7 Nerdy Wonka
    February 26, 2014 at 1:01 pm

For all you who love Pharrell (pretty much the entire world), he released a new album today called ‘G I R L’ and from the first song, it will have you moving. It is a solid grade A, album. If you want to listen to the entire album and be ‘Happy’ then here is a free stream of the entire album.

1. “Marilyn Monroe”
    2. “Brand New” (Feat. Justin Timberlake)
    3. “Hunter”
    4. “Gush”
    5. “Happy”
    6. “Come Get It” (feat. Miley Cyrus)
    7. “Gust Of Wind” (Feat. Daft Punk)
    8. “Lost Queen”
    9. “Freq”
    10. “I Know Who You Are” (Feat. Alicia Keys)
    11. “It Girl”

2. 8 JER
    February 26, 2014 at 1:02 pm
  3. 10 Cindy
    February 26, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Good afternoon TOD family,

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful and blessed day.
    HAPPY WEDNESDAY to everyone!

Thank you Chipsticks and Nerdy Wonka and Liberal Librarian for the great posts. Just lurking for a few minutes but I have been following your posts, as always, you give us nothing but the best!

Chipsticks, I pray that momma Chipsticks is doing well and is reaching full recovery, AND I hope good old Danny Boy is not tearing up every things.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GGAIL!
    Best wishes for an awesome BIRTHDAY! I hope you will enjoy it and I pray that you will have 100 more : ) and plus some……

Enjoy your day everyone!!!
    Blessings,

Cindy

• February 26, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Cindy, thanks a million. Momma Chipsticks is recovering well, still very shaken by what happened, but she’s a warrior and is determined to get her strength and confidence back.

Danny? He is tearing up everything, but that’s okay :-) The vet told me he should mature when he’s, oh, about 10. :???:

Thanks again Cindy, you’re lovely!

• 12 Cindy
        February 26, 2014 at 1:14 pm

You’re welcome,

Glad to hear the good news for Momma Chipsticks……yeeeaaahhhh!!!!!

AND Danny Boy, well…..hmmmmm okay, looking forward to hearing the 10 years of reporting. Well, actually 70 years in dog life and I will be ___ years old. Okay, I will probably not be here for those 70 years : ) of him reaching maturity.

• February 26, 2014 at 1:15 pm

:lol: The vet said he’d probably only calm down when he got arthritis. I asked if there was any drug that could give him arthritis now but he said nope. Oh well.

• 14 Cindy
            February 26, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Then I know I want be around : (

So I am going to enjoy the series of: Adventures of Danny Boy now!

Danny Boy Goes for a Ride in New Car….

Chipsticks Carries New Ride Home-In Pieces

Danny Boy Helps: Carrying Front Bumper : )

• 21 japa21
            February 26, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Trust me, you don’t want Danny to ever get arthritis. Can you imagine yourself carrying him up and down stairs?

• February 26, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Crikey, true, when I try to lift him off things now – eg my laptop, face, mother – I end up doing my back in.

• 23 Cindy
              February 26, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Hi japa21,

Happy Wednesday!

How are you? How is everything going with Miss Maggie? Has the arthritis is her hips improved any?

She is on my puppy prayer list : )

• 27 amk for obama
        February 26, 2014 at 1:18 pm

you believe whatever the ‘vet’ tells you?

wimmin/smh

danny is never growing up.

• February 26, 2014 at 1:23 pm

I fear you are correct!!

He stole the business section of the paper today and shredded it in the garden. I don’t know if his shares have become worthless or something, he seemed quite angry with it.

• 29 GGail
      February 26, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Thank you Cindy for the b’day greeting, however, Gurl, I don’t want to live 100 more years! That would put me in the Guinness World Record Books for sure :lol:

• 30 Cindy
        February 26, 2014 at 1:33 pm

ok….50 sounds good : )

• 31 MightyPamela
        February 26, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Cake, ice-cream and especially Champagne for you today! And BALLOONS!! Can’t have a burfday wifout b’loons! ;) Happy Birthday to you and to Fats! :lol:

• 32 GGail
          February 26, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Thanks MP!
          I was reading so fast, that I thought you called me Fats :shock: Then I read it again and started breathing again :D
          I believe I’ll get the balloons when my son comes in town this weekend.

4. 34 MightyPamela
    February 26, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I’m in, for a few minutes. Hey y’all!

5. February 26, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Congrats Cindy! Thanks NW for the post!

February 26, 2014 at 1:17 pm

7. 51 donna dem 4 obama
    February 26, 2014 at 1:25 pm

#BlackHistoryMonth

Did You Know That?

In 1891, Dr. Daniel Hale Williams was inspired by the experience of a black woman who was denied from nursing schools because of her race. As a result, Williams founded the Provident Hospital and Training School. Provident Hospital of Cook County holds the distinction of being the nation’s first black-owned and operated hospital in the country.

On July 9, 1893, a man entered Provident Hospital with a stab wound dangerously close to his heart. Williams operated, repairing the heart’s lining surgically, and the patient recovered fully within two months. Chicago surgeon Dr. Daniel Hale Williams became known as the first person to perform a successful open-heart surgery. Since Williams was one of the nation’s few black cardiologists at the time, this became both a significant medical advancement and a huge step in the fight for equality.

8. February 26, 2014 at 1:29 pm

The first couple have been on a serious roll this week. Bless them in their work.

9. 56 JER
    February 26, 2014 at 1:37 pm

10. 57 JER
    February 26, 2014 at 1:41 pm

February 26, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I’m really into city architecture these days, and I love what I’m seeing in that tweet (inside and outside of Union Depot).

11. 59 Nerdy Wonka
    February 26, 2014 at 1:46 pm

12. February 26, 2014 at 1:50 pm

How labs grow Chips. . .

13. February 26, 2014 at 1:50 pm

“……As the teens gathered around the president, one handed him a green and gold Father’s Day card, which all the boys had signed. They had gone out and purchased it the day before, unbeknown to their counselor, Marshaun Bacon, who traveled with them to the White House. “I never signed a Father’s Day card before,” the young man explained as the president opened the card. “I’ve never signed a Father’s Day card, either,” Obama replied, according to an aide, improbably closing the distance between the Chicago teens and the American president. It was an intimate, private moment that moved him.”

“……Education Secretary Duncan said the first lady frequently compared herself to Pendleton, who was also “a young African-American girl from a great family going to a Chicago public school” and doing well. “One is the first lady of the United States and one is dead at 15,” Duncan said. “That funeral was very impactful for her.” Duncan said he and the first lady talked “all the time” about how best to give Chicago kids and other minority children facing impossible odds a better shot at life. Aides say Michelle Obama will be very involved with My Brother’s Keeper.

A few weeks after Pendleton’s funeral, the president met the “Becoming a Man” group for the first time. He told his advisers that if he had grown up in Chicago, instead of Hawaii, like those boys, he doesn’t know if he would have made it. The president got into trouble and tried drugs as a young man, but the environment he grew up in was much more forgiving.

“It was this realization that they really weren’t that different,” an adviser said of the meeting.

14. 67 MightyPamela
    February 26, 2014 at 1:55 pm

My apologies to have taken so long with this, and some may already know: seeing in my files a note that on 01/01/14, the Google blog has announced it’s “Inactive Account Manager” services which allows users ot pre-set instructions in the event they pass away suddenly. It is similar in some ways to having Advance Directives, and is a useful tool to help friends who may not know what has happened to one of us. I haven’t yet explored it fully, but will soon. Related article (I cannot access) Facebook After Death: Who Owns Your Pages When You Die? _LivesOn is a Twitter service to accomplish same.

February 26, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Rand Paul Blocks Surgeon General Nominee For Saying Gun Violence Is A Public Health Threat
    Was this posted already? Rand is a public health threat. He needs to go.

February 26, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Among many, many ugly Republicans and so-called Libertarians we’ve seen, Rand Paul is one of the ugliest, inside and out. He needs to go.

• 70 Judith Fardig
      February 26, 2014 at 2:31 pm

This infuriates me! Of course gun violence is a public health problem though the NRA had bullied Congress into denying funds for the CDC to do research on the topic. Thank goodness the President is changing that via executive orders.

• February 26, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up Desert Flower. When GOP block gun control they are validating and encouraging violence and murders. Same with Ryan’s legislation giving rapists visitation rights. They are validating and encouraging rapists. I think it’s much better to be positive and focus on what is working and innovations. I certainly feel better when I do. But what the GOP is doing is propaganda and influencing by spinning their BS so it sounds reasonable. I think it’s effective to spin it right back. I really don’t care what they say, they are out-of-touch and on their way out, but in the meantime I like to be a part of setting boundaries for them. Outrage and shining the light on what they do does work. it is in AZ. I try to always be civil and clear, just reflect back to them what they are really saying and doing. Mainly I prefer to focus on our wonderful president and all of the incredible innovations and good things that are happening!

16. February 26, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Hello to everyone! I’m excited by all of the good news I’m finding online. Just got on and wanted to share. I’m excited about the push that will be going on to the March 31 deadline for ObamaCare signup. I;m sure there’s more groups working, but I just ran across this article about Enroll America

An ObamaCare enrollment group with close ties to the White House is launching a final, coordinated push to sign people up for health insurance ahead of the March 31 deadline.

A spokesman for Enroll America told The Hill the prominent nonprofit had grown its pool of volunteers to nearly 20,000, increased its field reach by 35 percent, hired more than 70 new employees since January, and increased its digital advertising budget from $5 million to $7 million for 2014.

….“All of the work that our dedicated staff, volunteers, and partner organizations have done over the past five months has positioned us for success in this critical final stretch,” said Anne Filipic, president of Enroll America…..

17. February 26, 2014 at 2:17 pm

18. 75 JER
    February 26, 2014 at 2:19 pm

LIVE NOW: President Obama’s arrival in Minnesota – http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/live-video/

19. 76 JER
    February 26, 2014 at 2:27 pm

LIVE NOW: Air Force one lands in Minneapolis – http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

20. February 26, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Heads – Up …. I’m in meetings so I can’t watch, but …

Ukraine’s new government faces the people – watch live

21. 80 donna dem 4 obama
    February 26, 2014 at 2:42 pm

BREAKING NEWS:

22. 83 Nerdy Wonka
    February 26, 2014 at 2:55 pm

This is big f**king deal!

RSS OFA