Mar

President Obama Wins Tuesday

This cannot be posted and watched enough times. It is going viral on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, TV, etc. Bravo, Mr. President!

BicZ_EVCMAAXXOO.png-large

Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis: President Obama

Between Two Ferns and #BetweenTwoFerns has been trending on Twitter

***

156 Responses to “President Obama Wins Tuesday”

1. 1 Ladyhawke
    March 11, 2014 at 1:13 pm

The jackals are displaying THEIR DISDAIN for the White House using Zack Galifianakis to get the word out about healthcare.gov. They are clearly feeling indignant, hurt and left out. But the reason the WH has to go to such lengths to get the word out is because of THEIR DISMAL REPORTING ON THE ACA. Oh dear, now they are questioning the dignity of the office because President Obama participated in the interview. Unbelievable. Was it an actual interview or a comedy stunt? Did he have the questions beforehand?? Poor widdle jackals are so sad today. They are having a hard time turning the Between Two Ferns video a negative.

2. 3 Nerdy Wonka
    March 11, 2014 at 1:13 pm

3. 4 Allison
    March 11, 2014 at 1:14 pm

March 11, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Excellent compilation of tweets NW! :)

• 7 Nerdy Wonka
      March 11, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Thanks, HF.

It was a fantastic way to reach young people.

March 11, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Very innovative indeed! No one saw that coming.

March 11, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Great outreach, yes, but I have to admit that, like PBO, I was surprised to hear people actually watched the show,.

• 10 Nerdy Wonka
          March 11, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Young people are tuned into Funny Or Die. It’s a great humorous website. Older folks may not know what it is, but young people and Funny Or Die go hand in hand.

March 11, 2014 at 3:44 pm

‘Older folks may not know what it is’

Ouch, Utal, be gentle with me! :grin: :grin:

Seriously though, that’s one of the beauties of the O-Admin. They make it a point to know who they are dealing with. I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the way the Obama Admin does the business of governing/politics, and so I suspect do a ton of young people.

• 12 CEB
            March 11, 2014 at 4:02 pm

I am an older folk who knows about Funny or Die and loves it.

5. March 11, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Love, love, love, love these tweets Nerdy, thank you, you bunch of excellence!!

• 14 Nerdy Wonka
      March 11, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Thanks, Chips.

I’ve been cracking up over and over again during repeated viewing of the episode.

It now has over 3M hits on Funny Or Die.

• March 11, 2014 at 1:37 pm

But I’m going to write a strongly worded letter of complaint to the White House, I was supposed to have some work done an hour ago, but I’m nowhere close thanks to watching that video, oh, 97,276 times! It’s epic!

6. 16 donna dem 4 obama
    March 11, 2014 at 1:24 pm

March 11, 2014 at 1:25 pm

8. 20 donna dem 4 obama
    March 11, 2014 at 1:28 pm

“What’s it like to be the last black president…Seriously, what’s it like for it to be the last time you talk to a President.” That just cracks me up every time I hear it. The whole thing is simply hilarious. I could watch it over and over and over again.

• 21 Nerdy Wonka
      March 11, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Same here. I also cracked up at President Obama’s expressions.

He nails it every time.

His timing is always on point.

I can’t stop watching the video and when Zach shows him the spider bites and he says, “That’s disgusting.” I lose it. When Zach calls North Korea, “North Ikea” :lol: Also at the end when Zach tells him the spider bites are on both hands and President Obama drops his hand faster than one can say Jack. Bahahahahahahahahaha.

• 22 donna dem 4 obama
        March 11, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I know!!!

I’m suppose to be working and you went and posting this thread so guess what I’m doing now….Watching this darn video for the umpteenth time! :lol:

He is so good at this!!!!!

March 11, 2014 at 1:41 pm

HAHAHAHahahaha…yes, the dropped handshake had me ROTFLMAO!

9. 24 anniebella
    March 11, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Ambassador Rodman

March 11, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I just finish watching POTUS being interview by Galifianakis .

March 11, 2014 at 1:35 pm

POTUS: Do you think Michelle would marry a nerd? Galifianakis: I don’t know let me ask her. POTUS: I’m not letting you anywhere near her.

• 27 CEB
          March 11, 2014 at 4:05 pm

This was my favorite part. Loved the expression on his face. Our PBO is indeed a man of many talents.

March 11, 2014 at 1:34 pm

:grin: A president who uses all means at his disposal to do his job! They (Repubs & MSM) can’t touch that! :grin:

March 11, 2014 at 1:43 pm

You nailed it vc ; you NAILED it!

March 11, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Well, Hopef, it IS such a great feeling to have a president who is ‘in touch’ with the needs of ALL his people!!! :grin: :grin: [We need a 'pride' smilie. I wish I knew how to make them. ;) ]

When BHO is done with the presidency he will have created, and modeled, a template that is the BESTEST yet!

March 11, 2014 at 2:04 pm

No one will ever be able to even get the template out of the box! There’s only one Barack Obama!

March 11, 2014 at 2:29 pm

True, JO’B, but I suspect it will be important for them to try, because having lived with the template maker many of us will be asking for ‘more’ from presidents going forward. You see, we also have the template now too. :grin:

March 11, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Yes, the next Prez will have some serious shoes to fill. I don’t envy him/her!

March 11, 2014 at 2:50 pm

I don’t envy him/her either, Hf, but I think it is totally doable if s/he is sincere and has a heart for #WeThePeople. In a way, I don’t think the contender has to ape PBO, so much as s/he has to come with intelligence and a genuine desire to serve, AND speak to voters like we have sense. ;).

March 11, 2014 at 2:42 pm

You are so right. And this is what was meant by “We are the ones we’ve been waiting for,” dear heart. :)

• 41 debz
              March 11, 2014 at 3:04 pm

All future presidents will have to try. I agree, everyone will be asking for more from presidents.

March 11, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Indeed, and why wouldn’t we, now that we have been shown how it should be done in the 21st century? :grin:

11. March 11, 2014 at 1:40 pm

I can imagine the First Lady and her mom and the girls rolling on the floor laughing …. this is just tooooo good!!!!

12. 44 donna dem 4 obama
    March 11, 2014 at 1:41 pm

13. 47 donna dem 4 obama
    March 11, 2014 at 1:43 pm

14. 50 JER
    March 11, 2014 at 1:54 pm

15. 52 Nerdy Wonka
    March 11, 2014 at 1:55 pm

March 11, 2014 at 1:55 pm

LMAO. Even if the GOP were to try to imitate PBO, it just wouldn’t work as well… :)

17. 55 Nerdy Wonka
    March 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm

March 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm

19. March 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Puts it all on Putin and Ukrainian Parliament will dissolve the Crimean Assembly if it did not cancel its upcoming (17 Mar) referendum.

March 11, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Seriously! If THE PRESIDENT can be in a good mood and make people laugh, what the heck is OUR problem???

Love this post, NW. Thank you!

21. 60 donna dem 4 obama
    March 11, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Do we have any idea how many times that video has been viewed by the public? I know I’ve viewed it probably 10,000 times :lol: since this morning but was curious as to the real numbers it’s getting.

• 61 Nerdy Wonka
      March 11, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Funny Or Die reported about 30 minutes ago that so far, it’s had over 3M hits on their website.

March 11, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Is it also on Youtube? I thought I saw a tweet saying that it was already over a million hits in just about 2 hrs on YouTube.

• 63 MightyPamela
        March 11, 2014 at 2:10 pm

3.6M when I watched it again about 10 minutes ago! Too many lines to isolate one, they came in so fast: “Here? In the diplomatic room? Who gave you permission to do that?” “Bush?”. :lol: :lol: :lol: PBO has no worries about whatever he wants to do when this part of his story has passed!! And to all those libs and gops who have absolutely NO SENSE OF HUMOR, I say, it’s too late now – it’s over for you. :lol:

March 11, 2014 at 2:03 pm

So, Pres O and his shenanigans broke The Twitter?

• March 11, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Pheeeeeeeew, I feared it was only broken for me!! :lol:

March 11, 2014 at 2:09 pm

:lol: :lol: Be happy that this time no one (ahem) can hold you responsible – ousted by your president, don’t you know!

March 11, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Okay glad to know it’s not just me. :)

• 72 sabreen60
      March 11, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Crashed Twitter. Hehehe. The video is viral!

• 74 MightyPamela
      March 11, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Ellen will be planning another shot at the record!!

March 11, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Heh… Yes she will. :)

• 76 MightyPamela
          March 11, 2014 at 2:24 pm

PBO is Da Boss! You know, that he can break the Internet using HUMOR, at a time like this when there is so much stress on all levels, I believe this is going to have a healing effect in several ways. One, laughter itself is healing, getting so many millions of people to laugh, to leave a smile on their faces for at least one day is a gift! Two, tho many will laugh, they have had another insight into the value of affordable healthcare, and will hopefully give it some credence, ‘costs about the same as a cell phone’. I’m sure there are other benefits, but the brilliance of coming out with this, following that debacle the goops promoted over the weekend, who is going to remember their baseless crap now?

23. 77 Ladyhawke
    March 11, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Twenty Reasons to Get Covered, Twenty Days Left to Enroll

—————————————

As of today, there are just 20 days left to enroll in health care coverage at healthcare.gov before open enrollment ends on March 31.

If don’t already have health insurance, head over to healthcare.gov to get covered now. You can compare your options based on price, benefits, quality and other features, and enroll in a plan that fits your needs and your budget.

WIth just one application, you can also find out whether you qualify for tax credits to help pay for insurance or other free or low-cost coverage options.

To mark the 20 final days of open enrollment, here are 20 reasons to get covered. Check them out, then head over to healthcare.gov.

20 reasons to get covered:

———————————————

March 11, 2014 at 2:08 pm

I’m getting a message “couldn’t authentic you” when I try to tweet. The Twitter trend section looks messed up, and no new tweets are loading. I guess PBO funny or die did break the Twitter….

25. 83 donna dem 4 obama
    March 11, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Did PBO break twitter with his funny or die video???

26. March 11, 2014 at 2:14 pm

I think POTUS did in fact break twitter.

• 85 COS
      March 11, 2014 at 2:17 pm

GM all. I have watched this over and over and each time I watch it I crack up. :)

• 88 MightyPamela
      March 11, 2014 at 2:46 pm

It’s like a wave of humor which will make it’s way around the world, as time zones awake! I’m very tickled that PBO always says Michelle is the funny one!! Is it any wonder they are so much in love, and both so loved by millions of us?! :)

March 11, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Twitter is broken – THANKS OBAMA!!!! This time for real :) :)

28. March 11, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Holy moly, Twitter’s crashed.

29. March 11, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Obama broke Twitter!!!! Impeach!11!1111!!!!11!1

30. 94 JER
    March 11, 2014 at 2:32 pm

LIVE NOW: President Obama departs for New York – http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

March 11, 2014 at 2:35 pm

President Obama broke Twitter so that some of us could finally settle down and get some work done….THANKS OBAMA!

32. March 11, 2014 at 2:35 pm

In ACA news, my colleague’s wife is an ACA navigator for CoveredCA. He says her phone has been glued to her ear for the past two weeks.

33. 97 57andfemale
    March 11, 2014 at 2:35 pm

• 98 donna dem 4 obama
      March 11, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Hey 57 are you able to access twitter??

• 99 57andfemale
        March 11, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I’m having all kinds of problems. I get swirly things when I try to retweet or nothing happens at all. I’ve been able to copy link addresses. I refreshed, was able to retweet a few times, and then the same thing. I was just going to ask if anyone else was having issues.

34. March 11, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I swear as soon as I read Nerdy’s Obama tweet…twitter CRASHED. lol

35. 102 donna dem 4 obama
    March 11, 2014 at 2:40 pm

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA TO HEADLINE THE NATIONAL ACTION NETWORK (NAN) 16TH ANNUAL NATIONAL CONVENTION APRIL 9– 12, 2014

NAN CONVENTION TO BE LARGEST GATHERING OF ACTIVISTS THIS YEAR

ALSO PRESENTING WILL BE US ATTORNEY GENERAL ERIC HOLDER, NEW YORK GOVERNOR ANDREW CUOMO, AND NYC MAYOR BILL de BLASIO

36. 105 Allison
    March 11, 2014 at 2:43 pm

March 11, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Because Rev. Al is such a stalwart supporter of President Obama, not to mention civil rights issues of yesterday and today, this kind of recognition by the President just warms my heart.

37. 110 donna dem 4 obama
    March 11, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Just so ya know… My Harriet Tubman tweet is STILL going strong. :)

March 11, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Get a load of the #ACA enrollment countdown clock (@wh.gov link)

39. March 11, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Perhaps this is the reason for all the bruhaha from the libertarian folks re: the CIA/Sercurity issues this morning

Well, I have some news for the naysayers. Over the last year, I’ve been documenting the fact that the number of drone strikes has been dropping dramatically. And then today comes this report from The Bureau of Investigative Journalism (one of the biggest critics of President Obama’s drone policy):
    John Brennan has now completed his first year as director of the CIA. In that time there has not been a confirmed report of a civilian casualty from a CIA drone strike in Pakistan, according to an analysis of Bureau drone strike data…

And there has not been a reported drone strike for more than two months in Pakistan

40. 115 57andfemale
    March 11, 2014 at 2:59 pm

March 11, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I read that article, and all I want to say is that if there’s a major victory it’s a ‘major victory’ for the American people, not for Pres Obama. I’ll also be contrary and add that it bugs me when Republicans do a small portion of the job they are being paid handsomely to do, their pitiful efforts are lauded, all because they have so lowered the standard of expectations.

41. 117 donna dem 4 obama
    March 11, 2014 at 3:05 pm

March 11, 2014 at 3:09 pm

March 11, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Dianne Feinstein maybe needs to go.

March 11, 2014 at 3:29 pm

I could think of 101 things she would better spend her time doing – like getting the SEVEN coward Dems to vote on PBO’s nominee for one…

March 11, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I don’t know the full story, but sounds like she said the CIA is spying on Congress. I say if you can’t spy on Congress, who can you spy on?

• 125 Nena20409
        March 11, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Maybe, No. Now!…..CA Must promise Never ti re-elect her. She is in her 80s and she should terminate her services.

March 11, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Again, I don’t know the full story, but maybe Dianne’s getting a little paranoid. In any event, I’ve had it with her – and I’m not even in CA!

March 11, 2014 at 3:15 pm

The bottom line is that people would much rather see their President being humorous while touting a good health law, than have Edward Snowdens lying, ignorant hypocritical mug shoved down their throats all over twitter. That’s really all there is to it, folks. That’s all….

44. 128 anniebella
    March 11, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I saw something on tv about Sen. Dianne Feinstein, what is she talking about?

March 11, 2014 at 3:35 pm

She’s up in arms about the CIA – stuff that they did during the Bush administration but trying to make it Prez Obama’s problem…and the media is only too happy to indulge her grievances and turn it into another fake “Obama scandal.”

• 130 57andfemale
        March 11, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I don’t think that’s entirely accurate (I would hope, but I’m not sure): It has to do with computers used during the Congressional investigation of what happened previously – and that is under this administration.

Don’t quote me yet – I’m trying to nail down the facts.

• 131 japa21
        March 11, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Actually, it is not about stuff they did in the Bush administration. She believes that the IA hacked congressional computers while Congress was doing its torture investigating in 2010. Which, if true, was definitely wrong and she has every right to be upset. Time will tell.

March 11, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Over the last five years, I have not seen ONE instance, where accusations about the supposed wrong-doing of this administration were made, and which turned out to be correct (or not grossly exaggerated, or misleading) after all the facts were known. Color me skeptical…

March 11, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I did hear that it had something to do with the Bush administration. I’m not sure about this administration, I don’t know what is going on.

• March 11, 2014 at 4:22 pm

The investigation is about torture and interrogation techniques under W Bush. The investigation itself has been happening under PBO.

• 135 57andfemale
          March 11, 2014 at 4:11 pm

I’m in a holding pattern until we know a whole lot more than we know now.

• 136 GGail
          March 11, 2014 at 4:26 pm

japa – a clear head speaking, thank you!

• 137 57andfemale
        March 11, 2014 at 3:59 pm

It is about the Senate investigation during PBO’s tenure.

The investigation of the wrongdoing goes back to Bush and his torture regime; but at issue is what the CIA did with these computers provided to the committee AFTER they were submitted. There’s a huge turf war between the committee, Congressional oversight, the CIA.

We do not yet know anywhere near what the truth is. We need to see what shakes out.

March 11, 2014 at 4:07 pm

The problem is that the media is already acting as if they have all the facts – and are reporting as such. When someone like Laura Rozen for example tweets that Brennan is a Charlatan and it’s only the Obama WH that doesn’t know that, what exactly is she doing? She’s passing a judgment based on incomplete information, and reporting it as fact. She is undermining the administration with her half-informed opinions. This is not appropriate!

• 139 57andfemale
            March 11, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Of course they are. And they are going to be a whole lot more hysterical. If heads need to roll, PBO will clean house. This administration will get to the bottom of this, one way or another. What are in for, unfortunately, is a lot of hysteria and we’re going to have to weather it.

I would have hoped that Feinstein had handled it with less grandstanding but she’s Feinstein.

• March 11, 2014 at 4:24 pm

She was handling it and then something happened to change her mind. As you say, we don’t appear to have all the facts.

• 141 57andfemale
                March 11, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I’m not saying her version of events is the truth but there is a lot of detail to sift through in this transcript:

It’s a place for all of us to start. It appears to be a turf war between the CIA and Congress. I’m with japa that if they did go into the computers they provided and removed documents, heads should roll. The truth I’m sure is in the gray area which is an impossible place to be in this political climate.

I never trusted Panetta. I never trusted Brennan. There are a lot of allegations being thrown around from everyone.

• March 11, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Thanks for the link.

On the one hand, I don’t understand why the stolen dox are being glossed over. I’d like to know who’s responsible for that. On the other hand, these are two separate branches of government and the CIA should not have surveilled them. Big mess but I wish they could just gets the facts out.

• 143 57andfemale
                    March 11, 2014 at 4:47 pm

I want to know that, too. If we didn’t live in such a poisonous political time, we could assess this, make choices as a government.

Instead everyone is running to their corners and again, not having a serious conversation about serious matters. Sigh.

45. 144 donna dem 4 obama
    March 11, 2014 at 3:33 pm

46. 145 Nena20409
    March 11, 2014 at 3:34 pm

What a Huge Collection of Tweets. Wow. Great Job.
    Good Afternoon.

Here’s C-SPAN’s Video with the Hon Jay “Clark Kent” Carney on 3-11-14 at the WH

47. 146 Allison
    March 11, 2014 at 3:39 pm

48. 147 donna dem 4 obama
    March 11, 2014 at 3:47 pm

49. March 11, 2014 at 3:50 pm

President Obama’s facial expressions are almost funnier than what he actually says in the video. I just about died when Zach was like, “so is your plug finally over” and PBO was like, “uhh.. yeah I suppose so.” LMAO.

March 11, 2014 at 3:52 pm

BTW, Layla and Jovie, I noticed yesterday that people were wondering how you are both doing. If you see this, remember you are in our thoughts.

51. 150 Linda
    March 11, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Diane Feinstein was silent when this happened to Jane Harmon in 2005

In 2009, it was revealed NSA wiretaps reportedly intercepted a 2005 phone call between Harman and an agent of the Israeli government, in which Harman allegedly agreed to lobby the Justice Department to reduce or drop criminal charges against two employees of AIPAC in exchange for increased support for Harman’s campaign to chair the House Intelligence Committee.[9] The NSA transcripts reportedly recorded Harman ending the phone call after saying, “this conversation doesn’t exist.”[10] It was reported that Alberto Gonzales, Attorney General at the time of the phone call, blocked Justice Department lawyers from continuing the investigation into Harman (in spite of the alleged crime) because the Bush administration “needed Jane” to support of their warrantless wiretapping program, which was soon to be revealed to the public by the New York Times.[11]

Harman denied the allegations, and called for the government to release the full transcript of the wire-tapped conversation.[10] In June 2009, Harman received a letter from the Justice Department declaring her “neither a subject nor a target of an ongoing investigation by the Criminal Division.

March 11, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Like I said, this whole drumbeat of “outrage” about various aspects of this administration’s National Security Team suddenly emerged after PBO captured Bin Laden, and once he really began to take serious steps in ending the war in Afghanistan. I can think of 101 things for congress to be outraged about.

52. 152 JER
    March 11, 2014 at 3:56 pm

53. 153 CEB
    March 11, 2014 at 4:00 pm

This was an epic strategy! My president shows more and more that he is plugged in and will go anywhere to reach the people wherever they are to help them to live better lives. PBO WON the internet and everything thing else with this. I love my president.

54. 155 Nena20409
    March 11, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Utah state Senators on Tuesday debated a bill to develop child sexual abuse prevention programs for schools. During that debate, three of them publicly acknowledged that they had been sexually assaulted as children.

“I was attacked by a man I did not know,” state Sen. Daniel Thatcher (R) said, according to KSTU. Thatcher was in tears as he described being attacked while walking to school when he seven years old.

The debate took place after state Sen. Margaret Dayton (R) made an amendment to the bill which would have had parents “opt-in” to have their children take part in the abuse prevention programs. The bill was written with a provision letting parents “opt-out” of the programs. State Sen. Aaron Osmond (R) opposed the amendment, and stepped forward to say that he had been abused by a non-family member when he was a child. He argued that his parents would not have “opted in” to the programs.

55. 156 HZ