Mar

Early Bird Chat

On This Day: President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama talk as they wait to receive Britain’s Prime Minister David Cameron and his wife Samantha as they arrive for an official dinner in their honor at the White House in Washington, March 14, 2012.

MoooOOOooorning Early Birds – Happy Friday!

51 Responses to “Early Bird Chat”

1. 6 GGAIL
    March 14, 2014 at 8:39 am

Good West Coast morning Chipsticks & TOD family.

Congrats J4O on First!

March 14, 2014 at 8:39 am

Here I am! Morning everyone…congrats, Jackie…..Happy Friday!

3. March 14, 2014 at 8:41 am

Good morning Ggail. Happy Friday!

March 14, 2014 at 8:42 am

What a blazing day.

5. 11 jackiegrumbacher
    March 14, 2014 at 8:53 am

Good morning. Hope a warm sun is shining on all winter weary TODers. We are now down to FIVE Dem candidates for PA governor. The most lefty of the group dropped out yesterday because he didn’t have enough $$ to complete. We have one very wealthy candidate, Tom Wolf, so we’ll see if money rules the day in the end on May 20. Anyone of the remaining Dems would make a better governor than Corbett (who wouldn’t?) so I’ll work hard for anyone who emerges from the pack. I’m finding it difficult to keep up with all the many events, speeches and offenses going on in Ukraine and feel behind the information eight ball every day. I pity those who don’t have TOD to come to. Given the state of our media, they would be hopelessly informed.

• 12 jackiegrumbacher
      March 14, 2014 at 8:54 am

Uhhh…”uninformed.” Too early for my sleepy brain.

• 13 japa21
        March 14, 2014 at 9:09 am

Knew what you meant. Amazing how the brain reads things the way they are meant rather than the way they are sometimes writtne. When I saw your correction I said to myself, “Self, what is she talking about?” Looked back and saw you wrote informed, but I had automatically read it as uninformed.

March 14, 2014 at 9:19 am

Morning, Japa.
          Yea, that’s one reason I rarely go back and do corrections; my brain always reads the ‘right’ thing, then I do the ‘Huh?’ at someone’s correction and double back to see for myself. :grin:

• March 14, 2014 at 9:08 am

G’morning Chips & TOD! Morning Jackie :) Congrats J4O on #1.

Yes Bob has been doing an excellent job of keeping us informed – at this point I’m mostly reading his posts whenever I can to stay abreast. I can no longer rely on Twitter to get accurate info – just a bunch of scattered opinions, usually negatively directed at the US.

March 14, 2014 at 9:21 am

Morning JackieG! Know how you feel about Ukraine info. Now I’m simply trying to keep abreast of basic developments.

• March 14, 2014 at 11:43 am

thanks for the info Jackie…….i am sorry that i missed the Gov’s Debate at the Summit…i wanted to hear about about their platforms…and what they plan to do about education….raising the minimum wage and expanding medicaid in the state….

6. 18 GGAIL
    March 14, 2014 at 9:09 am

I wanf to say thanks to Bob for providing update on our girl Carolmae.

Carolmae, I’m wishing you a speedy recovery!

Off to work I gooooo

March 14, 2014 at 9:11 am

8. 22 99ts
    March 14, 2014 at 9:14 am

This link – via BJ shows what GOP policies are doing to children in the US – stark reality of rising poverty levels

• 23 jackiegrumbacher
      March 14, 2014 at 9:23 am

99ts, it’s galling, frustrating, enraging and terrifying that voters in this country keep electing people who deliberately set out to hurt them. Reality just doesn’t intrude in the minds of rote R voters. Somewhere in their brain they developed a prejudice against Dems based on something their great grandmother told them and, by God, even the most blatant mismanagement, corruption or deliberate cruelty from Republicans won’t change their mind. If you knock on the door of some R voters and tell them what the Dem candidate stands for, they agree with everything, then tell you they CAN’T vote for a Dem because they never have. The stupid burns so much, it’s enough to make sit on the ground and weep.

• 24 99ts
        March 14, 2014 at 9:30 am

As one of the comments at BJ noted the GOPers will do anything to bring down the President – including real damage to their own people. Those graphs show which states care about their children – and it sure isn’t the “pro life” states.

March 14, 2014 at 9:19 am

Here’s PBO in his first WebMD interview!! :)

March 14, 2014 at 9:22 am

Happy Friday, EVERYONE! Even Danny-O!

March 14, 2014 at 9:40 am

Go Fedex. Go Li Na.

32 ? What 32 ?

March 14, 2014 at 10:01 am

I don’t know if I posted this here before. Anyhoo, it’s a fabulous climax.

March 14, 2014 at 10:02 am
    March 14, 2014 at 10:05 am

15. 51 Nena20409
    March 14, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Wow. One of my Favorite Outfits of Mrs Obamas over the years. Lovely Mrs. O. Just lovely.

RSS OFA