Mar

The President And The Pope

e2e1eea31e81a20c4f0f6a706700a464

President Barack Obama and Pope Francis exchange gifts after their meeting at the Vatican

2014-03-27T100045Z_1778037317_GM1EA3R1DTY01_RTRMADP_3_POPE-OBAMA

d8665b471e62a20c4f0f6a7067005e9d

2014-03-27T093603Z_277272124_GM1EA3R1CQX01_RTRMADP_3_POPE-OBAMA

President Barack Obama shakes hands with bishop Georg Ganswein as he arrives at the Vatican for a private audience with Pope Francis, in Vatican City

7736b2141e6ca20c4f0f6a7067005f77

2014-03-27T092949Z_1056748875_GM1EA3R1CGR01_RTRMADP_3_POPE-OBAMA

2014-03-27T095648Z_358589811_GM1EA3R1DOC01_RTRMADP_3_POPE-OBAMA

5cc79b311e42a10c4f0f6a70670063d5

President Barack Obama, followed by Archbishop George Gaenswein, prefect of the papal household, is welcomed by Papal gentlemen as he arrives at the Vatican to meet Pope Francis

2014-03-27T094907Z_688175469_GM1EA3R1DBW01_RTRMADP_3_POPE-OBAMA

398957541e4ba10c4f0f6a7067002a3b

ebeda3051e62a20c4f0f6a7067004115

2014-03-27T095506Z_1556241257_GM1EA3R1DPC01_RTRMADP_3_POPE-OBAMA

7267932b1e41a10c4f0f6a706700bff4

2014-03-27T100615Z_1711733628_GM1EA3R1E6G01_RTRMADP_3_POPE-OBAMA

2014-03-27T095928Z_1320180841_GM1EA3R1DWC01_RTRMADP_3_POPE-OBAMA

2014-03-27T094459Z_812581599_GM1EA3R1D7E01_RTRMADP_3_POPE-OBAMA

208 Responses to “The President And The Pope”

1. 1 africa
    March 27, 2014 at 7:04 am

As someone said yesterday, Hope meets Pope!! Happy Thursday TODers.

Hiya NW

2. 7 No Child Left Behind
    March 27, 2014 at 7:04 am

Is it?

• 8 Roberta in Mn
      March 27, 2014 at 7:08 am

GM Nochildleftbehind you & Africa are really fast this morning. Now I will go read everything. Congrats to Africa on the gold too. 😀😉

3. 9 Roberta in Mn
    March 27, 2014 at 7:06 am

Good Morning NW and all you early birds.☺️

• 10 No Child Left Behind
      March 27, 2014 at 7:11 am

Good morning Roberta. I am supposed to get ready for work (today is a work day) but I am mesmerized by all things Hope and Pope this morning.

Have a great day.

4. 11 Nerdy Wonka
    March 27, 2014 at 7:11 am

Hope meets Pope indeed.

It was so much fun to watch. Pope Francis didn’t stop smiling and laughing in President Obama’s presence. He held his hands for a long time, used both hands to grasp President Obama’s hands and they chatted and chatted even as official personnel were signaling to the two men that the meeting was over. President Obama told Pope Francis that he’s a great admirer. Pope Francis smiled and said thank you very much. Inquired after First Lady Michelle Obama and the First Daughters and President Obama told him they were on their way home from China.

Their gift giving time was so funny because they kept cracking each other up over and over again and the media was looking on in surprise. HA! Take that, GOP and GOP shilling media. It was a visit that was well worth it and I’m sure they had serious discussions on income inequality and other world issues.

• 12 africa
      March 27, 2014 at 7:19 am

This warms my heart. I am so sorry I missed it live. Wow.

• 13 TrumpDog
      March 27, 2014 at 7:21 am

NW, you are always so ON it! Thanks.

• 15 GGAIL
      March 27, 2014 at 8:41 am

Good West Coast morning NW, Chipsticks.& TOD family.
      Thanks NW for this recap of the meeting!

March 27, 2014 at 8:44 am

Makes me regret just a bit that I didn’t sign on earlier. Your recount answers a question I had whether the Pope spoke English. The snippet I watched above when the /eyreoll/ media was clicking all over the place made me wonder if they had a common language. They do seem more relaxed in this photo than when the wolves were practically on top of them. TY

5. 17 africa
    March 27, 2014 at 7:13 am

I really love how PBO always tries to talk to the guards and other people who may seem insignificant to others. I love this president. He inspires me every day. I love his humanity, his humbleness.

We won’t see one like this for a long, long time. Definitely not in my life time.

• 18 TrumpDog
      March 27, 2014 at 7:20 am

Indeed. I’ll be SO sad to see him leave offiice. I really don’t see anyone else like him in the office for a long time. He’s set an incredibly high bar.

• 19 africa
        March 27, 2014 at 7:32 am

March 27, 2014 at 8:54 am

What’s this, you taking over my mind today, Africa? Simply because I started out crazily? NP – you expressed my exact feelings, thank you. ;) ;)

March 27, 2014 at 8:48 am

‘I really love how PBO always tries to talk to the guards and other people’ who many, many others never see.

Me too, Africa. Whenever I see these pictures, outside of a campaign rally or fundraiser, etc. they warm my heart and I mentally add the caption

“President Obama and #We The People”. They always reaffirm the fact that PBO sees ***me***.

6. 22 Nerdy Wonka
    March 27, 2014 at 7:24 am
    • 23 Nena20409
      March 27, 2014 at 10:07 am

That is the Best Picture……I <3 this one a whole lot. Thanks for posting all these photographs and Video clips. Great job NW.

7. March 27, 2014 at 7:26 am

Extraordinaryyyyyyyyyy……ty NW….

8. March 27, 2014 at 7:26 am

Thanks a gazillion you gem of an Early Bird – love ya Nerdy!

9. 28 jackiegrumbacher
    March 27, 2014 at 7:35 am

What a fabulous post to wake up to–it’s like opening a big present on Christmas morning. And what joy there is in the faces of both our president and the pope. Anyone remember the grim meeting between Putin and the Pope that rivaled a root canal session? This was two charismatic and brilliant world leaders meeting in admiration and deep respect. You can tell that they clicked and that the pope was just as excited as the president. So grateful to you, NW, for giving this wonderful gift to us today. Bless you!

10. March 27, 2014 at 7:36 am

Papal Gentleman…
    The Papal Gentlemen, also called the Gentlemen of His Holiness,[1] are the lay attendants of the pope and his papal household in Vatican City. They serve in the Apostolic Palace near St. Peter’s Basilica in ceremonial positions, such as escorting dignitaries during a papal funeral. They are the Papal version of the traditional court position known as valet de chambre (not the same as a modern valet).

*****************************
    fascinating….

President looks …happy to meet the Pope….
    #HopeMeetsPope….

*****************
    Glad MrBald…was not one of the drunken Secret Service..

11. 31 Nerdy Wonka
    March 27, 2014 at 7:36 am
  12. 32 Nerdy Wonka
    March 27, 2014 at 7:46 am
    • 33 SUE DUVALL SMITH
      March 27, 2014 at 9:10 am

I LOVE PBO’S LAUGH…HE LETS IT GO STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART AND BRINGS IT UP IN A BEAUTIFUL GRIN FROM EAR TO EAR!

13. 34 TrumpDog
    March 27, 2014 at 7:48 am

Just a reminder that if you are on Twitter, PLEASE retweet and give positive replies to any tweets regarding the president and the pope. Media is doing their damnedest to tear this man down and we need to counter it, one by one in large quantity. United we stand! Don’t let them win their nasty right wing driven assault on our president.

14. 36 dotster3
    March 27, 2014 at 7:49 am

This is the photo I like the best of the meeting. It looks like the Life magazine shot. Appears the most genuine to me.

March 27, 2014 at 7:52 am

This picture is great, however I don’t think the other pictures are depicting any “less genuine” interactions between PBO and the Pope.

• 39 Nerdy Wonka
      March 27, 2014 at 7:58 am

The picture is nice but the other pictures are no less genuine for not being in black and white. President Barack Obama and Pope Francis had a wonderful meeting and great interaction as evidenced from the videos and ALL the pictures of their meeting. Their interactions were not fake. They were all genuine.

• 40 dotster3
        March 27, 2014 at 8:17 am

Oh please, people. I wasn’t saying the other photos weren’t genuine. I was trying to say that this photo appeared the most heartfelt TO ME. There was something about the looks on both men’s faces that was the most touching. No need to be off and running on some big condemnation of MY OPINION. I can have one, right? Geez.

March 27, 2014 at 7:50 am

G’morning Nerdy, Chips & TOD!

WOW – thanks NW for this awesome coverage of #HopeMeetsPope. These pictures speak for themselves – no captions necessary. And like you said NW, TAKE THAT, GOP and GOP Shilling media!!! :) :)

March 27, 2014 at 7:52 am

Six word messages this morning ••►

‘Thanks and Good Morning, Ms Wonka!’ /counting: 1,2,3,4,5,..6! / :)

Good DAY, all other TODobots! /counting: 1,2,3,4, 5../ ‘..and friends’ / …6… + ½ … Ta-da! / ;)

Enjoy your day! O-ladies home tonight?’ /counting: 1,2,3,4,5,..6! / :) :) :) :)

♥, ♥, ♥, ♥ them ALL! /counting……. not! / Tee hee hee! ;)

• 46 Nerdy Wonka
      March 27, 2014 at 8:01 am

Thanks and Good Morning to you too, Ms. VC. :)

March 27, 2014 at 8:33 am

A-ha, I beatU by three words! ;) ;)

[Can you tell I got up in one of my weird moods?.... Don't worry, things should get better as the day progresses. :) Never able to predict when such moods will surface is the main reason I don't drink alcohol. I figure I'm naturally 'spaced' so there's no sense adding anything to the mixture. ;) ]

March 27, 2014 at 7:54 am

In the first pic, I spot John Kerry and Susan Rice in the background proudly looking on!

18. 51 Grab a Mop Grace
    March 27, 2014 at 7:55 am

Do we know yet what the gifts that they exchanged were? It certainly looks like the Pope gave POTUS a book, but I wonder what is so funny??

19. 55 globalcitizenlinda
    March 27, 2014 at 7:56 am

Great Morning Ms. Chips & NW!

Morning everyone!

Thanks a lot for the hook-up NW! Sorry, I had to enjoy it before I greeted everyone!

Have a great day everybody!

March 27, 2014 at 7:58 am

I see that “Pope Francis” is the top trend on Twitter, and obviously it’s because PBO has met him today.

• 58 Nena20409
      March 27, 2014 at 10:02 am

GM HF2 ;) both men have HUGE Followers or is it Following…not sure the Twitter Correct verbiage…….World leaders in their own rights….hence they should and must break the Twitter Machine……My wish ;)

March 27, 2014 at 8:00 am

I think I like the Pope’s outfit – the freedom of it and the fact it hides any potential paunch.

22. March 27, 2014 at 8:02 am

Thanks NW for a great sight to see before surgery and I’m off. . . :)

23. 85 globalcitizenlinda
    March 27, 2014 at 8:02 am
    March 27, 2014 at 8:02 am

Sooo, have the heads of rwnj’s essploded yet?

• 87 Jewelz
      March 27, 2014 at 8:10 am

In due time, amk. In due time…

March 27, 2014 at 8:42 am

Yes they have…Morning Joke started reciting PBO’s “poll numbers” Rand Paul made some snarky remark about PBO confessing to the pope for spying (NSA). They appear juvenile and ugly and most people are seeing their pure hatred come out.

March 27, 2014 at 9:01 am

Forgive me for what I’m about to say, but “F” Morning Joke and Rand Paul.

• 90 jackiegrumbacher
        March 27, 2014 at 9:13 am

HF, they reveal themselves for what they are. When he was a candidate or even a “I’m thinking about it” candidate, Barack Obama was never disrespectful of George Bush. He criticized his policies, yes, but he never sneered or attempted to publicly ridicule the person serving in the White House. Thus he revealed himself as a true class act. Rand Paul is a classless, venal, ignorant little man who shows himself in all his smallness every time he opens his mouth.

25. March 27, 2014 at 8:08 am

OH MY GOSH, NERDY WONKA!! I don’t know why, but I’m completely overwhelmed by your presentation of these photos. Just a stunning encounter by two great men of compassion and good will. I can see in each of these photos that their meeting was one of great connection and friendship. WOW!! This is completely AWESOME.

Thank you, thank you.

• 93 Nerdy Wonka
      March 27, 2014 at 8:15 am

Aww…thank you so much, Meta.

It was very clear and obvious that they enjoyed each other’s company and the pictures show that. An all around great visit.

March 27, 2014 at 8:23 am
    • 95 Nerdy Wonka
      March 27, 2014 at 8:29 am

Oh, look. Another genuine not black and white picture of President Obama and Pope Francis.

What a great moment.

March 27, 2014 at 8:39 am

Indeed!

• 97 LDS
          March 27, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Indeed!
          These two people seem to genuinely respect and admire each other in ALL the pictures that have been shown. It seems as if they could not wait to meet each other. As Annibelle posted earlier, I do hope that the Pope will get a chance to go to the WH in 2015.

Regardless of your place of worship or not this is a moment all meeting. Our President is a man reads, quotes and lives the Scriptures. This Pope seems to want to right a lot of wrong that has and still is going on in his religion. Spiritually, they have a connection. To serve the poor. To speak out for injustice. To give, teach, preach show love.
          That is what we all are here for even if you do not believe. As long as we have HOPE, that’s a start.

• March 27, 2014 at 8:32 am

I always love it when he does his throws-head-back-in-amusement thing. He’s in deep enjoyment.

• 99 Nena20409
      March 27, 2014 at 10:09 am

Aloof? Again? Wow.
      <3 this picture too. I am a walking flip flopper and I <3 it.

• 100 nospin
      March 27, 2014 at 3:22 pm

love love love these pics. Thanks Nerdy Wonka. I am smiling along with them. These are amazing. I love love love my POTUS

27. 101 donna dem 4 obama
    March 27, 2014 at 8:24 am

Thank You NW for the wonderful recap of this historical meeting of #HopeMeetsPope.

These two men obviously have an abundant amount of mutual respect for each other. I know they don’t agree on every issue but it certainly didn’t stand in the way of them enjoying each others company at this meeting. I’m so happy that PBO had this opportunity to meet the Pontiff and I have a feeling that it just may go down for him as one of the more memorable events in his Presidency.

28. 103 Don
    March 27, 2014 at 8:29 am

“In a way, I can’t wait for him to leave that cesspool that is D.C. On the other hand, I can’t wait to see what future endeavors he and FLOTUS and the girls will embark on. I anxiously await that. I would like to see him take a very, very long rest because he never stops. Always giving and going. I truly admire his strength, composure, his fortitude.”

Africa

Africa I share your feelings, this is a remarkable man, one of the giants of the 21st century.

March 27, 2014 at 8:54 am

Good thing about it both POTUS and FLOTUS still will be young when they leave the WH, and I have no doubt that whatever they do it will be about helping people, not about making money only. And they both will be a success and make us proud, like they are doing now.

March 27, 2014 at 8:56 am

By the way the Republicans and Tea Party Republicans have made Capitol Hill a cesspool, and their out and out racism and hatred for the poor is a disgrace too.

• March 27, 2014 at 9:30 am

I hope that Pres Obama takes over the helm of OFA and continues to organize “We the People”…

#TrustBarack

29. March 27, 2014 at 8:39 am

Good morning TOD. Thank you NW for the great pics. What a wonderful way to start the day.

30. March 27, 2014 at 8:40 am
    March 27, 2014 at 8:40 am

EMPEACH GBYOU RICHLY HANDIFATHERDRAGOON YESWECAN!

March 27, 2014 at 8:44 am

More great economic news to accompany our enjoyment of PBO’s historic visit with Pope Francis!

33. March 27, 2014 at 8:47 am

Very symbolic:

Obama’s gift to Pope Francis: A seed chest

President Obama presented Pope Francis with a custom-made seed chest on Thursday, containing fruit and vegetable seeds used in the White House Garden.

The gift was inspired by the pope’s decision to grant public access to the gardens of the Apostolic Palace of Castel Gandolfo, the pope’s summer residence, according to a White House statement.

Obama and Pope Francis met for 52 minutes at Vatican City.

Pope Francis, meanwhile, presented the president with a plaque of some kind, and an encyclical.

“I will treasure this,” Obama said. “I actually will probably read this (encyclical) in the Oval Office when I’m deeply frustrated. I’m sure it will give me strength and calm me down.”

More here:

34. 127 globalcitizenlinda
    March 27, 2014 at 8:47 am
  35. 128 globalcitizenlinda
    March 27, 2014 at 8:49 am
  36. 129 dotster3
    March 27, 2014 at 8:51 am

They’re all FOX now. Chuck Todd, representing FOX on NBC’s Today Show, stole his report on the PBO/Pope meeting from what I see was the slant on FOX & Friends. He told America that one of the big reasons PBO was visiting the pope was that he was hoping some of the pope’s popularity would rub off on him ——because the pope is popular and PBO is not.
    Ed Henry must be sending out the talking points for all the WHPC and they abide like little lambs.

• March 27, 2014 at 9:09 am

That was the memo that went out this AM to all NBC affiliates. Same comments from NBC 10 in Philly. President needs to see the Pope . President’s ratings and I quote are somewhere in the 40′s and the pope’s are way higher so this meeting is all about the president getting a rating boost from the pope. Disgusting. Meanwhile this was the first mention that the president is in Europe–nothing else he did mattered to the press.

• 131 jackiegrumbacher
      March 27, 2014 at 9:18 am

It’s really like PRAVDA, isn’t it, Dotser? Only instead of working FOR the government, our press works for the corporate oligarchs that want to destroy the government.

March 27, 2014 at 9:20 am

Chucky Todd is a bold face liar. We all know what Fox is. But I seem to recall POTUS, FLOTUS, and the girls meeting the other Pope. And POTUS poll numbers weren’t bad back then. Fox and Chucky Todd is a disgrace.

• 135 LDS
      March 27, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Feeling too good to even allow Faux & Co. to spoil this moment.
      Learning to bring down negative strong holds in the mind before a seed is planted.
      Hate, racism, prejudice starts in the mind. If that seed is planted, it grows to become Fox, CT, EH.
      Expected nothing less from haters.

March 27, 2014 at 8:51 am
    March 27, 2014 at 8:53 am
  39. 140 mtmarilyn
    March 27, 2014 at 8:55 am

I have tears in my eyes from those beautiful pictures!!!! What a blessed historic moment. Thank you NW for getting up so early to get these for us. What a wonderful blessed day.

March 27, 2014 at 8:58 am
    March 27, 2014 at 9:01 am

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R), an ardent Affordable Care Act critic, is now encouraging residents to transition into new health plans under the very reform law that he once refused to help implement.

Walker told the Washington Examiner’s Philip A. Klein that he has instructed state agencies to work with individuals who are transitioning into plans offered on Wisconsin’s Obamacare marketplace. That includes both the previously uninsured and poor residents just above the poverty level who are being siphoned out of the state’s Medicaid program, BadgerCare, and into private ACA plans under Walker’s conservative alternative to Obamacare’s optional Medicaid expansion.

Just two years ago, Walker was singing a very different tune. He had refused to create a statewide ACA marketplace — thereby also forgoing significant federal funding for Obamacare outreach efforts — and said he wouldn’t lift a finger to help implement the law until the Supreme Court decided the law’s fate. In fact, Wisconsin’s spending on ACA outreach is the lowest in the nation at just 46 cents per capita.

Walker eventually went even further than that. He said that he wouldn’t do anything about the health law at all until after the 2012 November elections, in the hopes that Mitt Romney would win and repeal the law, making implementation efforts moot.

But now that Obama has been re-elected and the ACA is actually going into effect, Walker is admitting that it could provide a boost for many Wisconsinites. “I don’t want people to fall between the cracks,” said Walker in his Examiner interview. “[U]ntil we can change and come up with something better to replace the law, we still care about our constituents, we still want people to do well.”

Amazing that a rethug bastid is able to embrace ObamaCare (and thus take credit during election time) while the cowardly dems run away from it.

• March 27, 2014 at 9:10 am

Isn’t that just great, now that there is only five days left to sign up.

March 27, 2014 at 9:12 am

Walker doing this cause he cares about Wisconsinites. If I thought I could get up I would fall out on the floor laughing. But I am glad for the people it will help.

• 148 Nena20409
      March 27, 2014 at 10:38 am

This guy and his cronies did everything they could to stop the extension. Now that Walker is in a dead-heat with the Female Dem who is running against Walk……Walker has now found the support for Medicare extension?

Fool me Once…..WI, shame on Walker, Fool me Twice WI, shame on Wisconsinites.

• 149 amk for obama
        March 27, 2014 at 10:44 am

Fool me Twice WI, shame on Wisconsinites, indeed. They had a golden opportunity in 2010 and blew it.

March 27, 2014 at 9:04 am

Okay – making a mad dash to the bank and groceries for odds and ends, with a plan to be back for the news conference. Hold the fort, and distract the President if he tries to start BEFORE I return. Thanks!

March 27, 2014 at 9:05 am
  44. March 27, 2014 at 9:05 am

So moving.

45. March 27, 2014 at 9:09 am
    March 27, 2014 at 9:10 am
  47. March 27, 2014 at 9:15 am
    March 27, 2014 at 9:16 am
    March 27, 2014 at 9:17 am

The Moro Islamic Liberation Front rebel group in the Philippines has signed a peace deal with the government that brings an end to one of Asia’s longest and deadliest conflicts.

President Benigno Aquino and rebel leaders attended the signing ceremony at the presidential palace in Manila.

Thousands of people have been killed over four decades of separatist fighting in the south of the country.

Talks on the deal began in 2001 and a ceasefire has been in place since 1997.

The Philippines has faced separatist movements for decades in Mindanao, where the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) is based, and in Jolo, home to the radical Islamist Abu Sayyaf group, which is reportedly linked to al-Qaeda.

Communist rebels have also waged a guerrilla conflict over parts of the country from 1969.

Correspondents say Thursday’s deal paves the way for mostly Muslim areas of Mindanao to have more autonomy, but it will not end all violence as other groups have vowed to keep fighting for full independence.

50. 165 Vicki
    March 27, 2014 at 9:17 am

Good morning Nerdy Wonka and TOD.
    Thank you for the inspiring gorgeous pictures of our President with The Pope.
    Hope and Pope, indeed!

Clearly POTUS was enjoying this meeting, head thrown back with big smile. Pope Francis looks very pleased as well.

A tiny moment reminded me of one of the things I most admire about President Obama. When he was helped with his chair he said “Grazie.”
    A small bit of politeness, but here’s the underlying greatness of PBO—He will meet you in your world not demand you meet him in his.

We see this quality of graciousness everyday with PBO.
    And it’s direct opposite with the GOP/MSM—braying endlessly that you do as they say because their world is the only one that matters.

March 27, 2014 at 9:19 am

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is close to agreement with Ukraine on financial assistance worth $14-18bn (£8.5-£11bn) over the next two years.

An agreement still needs approval by the full board of the IMF.

The stand-by arrangement comes at the end of a three-week visit by IMF officials to the country.

The deal is expected to unlock a further $27bn in loans for Ukraine from the European Union and the US.

The IMF says a key part of Ukraine’s reform programme will focus on the country’s state-owned energy company, Naftogaz, which imports gas from Russian energy giant Gazprom.

Russia has already said that the discounted gas prices Ukraine gets from Gazprom will come to an end next week.

“Over time the programme will focus also on improving the transparency of Naftogaz’s accounts and restructuring of the company to reduce its costs and raise efficiency,” the IMF’s statement added.

52. 169 Dudette
    March 27, 2014 at 9:23 am
    March 27, 2014 at 9:27 am

I can’t wait for the Presidential Library – be it in Chicago, Honolulu, I will be THERE!!!

54. 183 Dudette
    March 27, 2014 at 9:30 am
  55. March 27, 2014 at 9:31 am

Thank you so much TOD!!

I knew you wouldn’t disappoint in covering this meeting with these two wonderful men!! :) :)

March 27, 2014 at 9:32 am

Ain’t that the truth!

57. 190 Linda
    March 27, 2014 at 9:33 am

Rand Paul Presbyterian (baptized Episcopalian)

@SenRandPaul

. @BarackObama to @Pontifex: Forgive me father for I have spied. #NSA

—-

Hmmm…. When did I shall not Spy become a Commandment, Rand ?

March 27, 2014 at 9:37 am

Paul is just a resentful jerk. And he will NEVER be President and he knows it. No one cares when he visits a country or town, or region. No one ever says, “I can’t wait to see Rand Paul meet with ___.” No one cares about the nobody that is Rand Paul. Most people know that his fake obsession with NSA is really about his preoccupation with this amazing phenomenon that is Barack Obama, who he Paul, never ever will be.

• March 27, 2014 at 9:42 am
      March 27, 2014 at 9:44 am

Rand Paul..Forgive me Father for my Father is a racists and he has a son who is one too.

• 195 Nena20409
      March 27, 2014 at 10:45 am

Until Rand Paul is a Roman Catholic at a confessional…..those words he spouted are once again being plagiarized. Typical of the small man…..always stealing and Never original nor with an authentic thought.

• 196 nospin
      March 27, 2014 at 3:45 pm

please proceed Rand.

58. 197 Dudette
    March 27, 2014 at 9:33 am

Hear, hear!

• 198 HZ
      March 27, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Dudette, thanks for sharing this. TOD family this is one of many, many, many reasons why I love our Chips and all of my TOD brilliant brothers and sisters who contribute with Chips each and every day. There are so many ordinary and wonderful people in departments and supporters of our president who come here and love this place because of the way Chips and her team presents with intellect, preciseness the very important world of our great President. The respect, the reporting, the great posts, and the loving family attitude that is so present here, others find it to be so refreshing and so truthful.

Thanks again, Chips for keeping your fine work ready for all to see and be inspired daily. HZ

59. 199 Dudette
    March 27, 2014 at 9:36 am

LOL! :-D

60. 201 Dudette
    March 27, 2014 at 9:38 am
  61. 203 Dudette
    March 27, 2014 at 9:41 am
    • 204 Nena20409
      March 27, 2014 at 10:47 am

Chuck Todd did tell Us that his job is Not reporting. Now We can 1001% see that Chuck is Not a News man, but a Fox and rightie wicked mimeograph/er.

62. 205 Nena20409
    March 27, 2014 at 10:48 am

Gold for NCLB and AFRICA ;)
    Congratulations.

63. 206 HZ
    March 27, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Again a Big Thank You To Our Nerdy W. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ TY, NerdyW}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}HZ

64. March 27, 2014 at 11:23 pm