Mar

Don’t Be A Fool On April Fool’s Day…..Get Covered Now

Nikki-for-the-7-For-All-Mankind-2013-campaign-Mattlin-Era-jewelry-collection-nikki-reed-34531882-600-600

Tanya Edwards: Nikki Reed Gets Personal About Signing Up For Obamacare (The Deadline To Sign Up Is Fast Approaching!)

The deadline to sign up for Obamacare is quickly approaching—and Nikki Reed is speaking out about why everyone needs coverage. She shared with Glamour why she’s so passionate about making sure all women get health insurance. “My experience with the Affordable Care Act is a very personal one. Prior to the ACA, my mother could not afford to have healthcare because of preexisting conditions,” Nikki explains. “…

Aside from her new healthcare policy covering her surgery and physical therapy, it gave my mom a sense of pride. She felt empowered knowing she was able to take care of herself without having to rely on others for help.” Not insured yet? Get over to Healthcare.gov and sign up before March 31st, when everyone must be covered. There will be more time to enroll in the Federal Marketplace if you had trouble with the website, but again, plan for coverage by March 31.

More here

WH.gov

106 Responses to “Don’t Be A Fool On April Fool’s Day…..Get Covered Now”

1. 1 whatisworking
    March 28, 2014 at 8:41 pm

first – cool

2. March 28, 2014 at 8:46 pm

I’m sorry, but how can you see that the RW media wurlitzer has LIED TO YOU REPEATEDLY about Obamacare and still call yourself “a staunch Republican”?

• March 28, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Fair point – and a Fox “addict” too. :roll: Still, his story’s good, so we’ll almost forgive him.

March 28, 2014 at 8:51 pm

I was thinking the same thing. May have a PhD but doesn’t sound very smart to me.

March 28, 2014 at 8:53 pm

And still watching those conservative pundits that think he’s a POS and shouldn’t even HAVE health insurance! People are stupid.

• 12 Cindy
        March 28, 2014 at 10:16 pm

desertflower,

I grew up in an era where the elders always pushed education; however, there was a but.

We were told; get a “GOOD” education and all the degrees you will need or think you will need ‘BUT’ if you are in the world, and you can’t use good old fashion common sense, than you’re nothing more than “an educated fool.”

I don’t understand why he would accept the venom but knows the truth; he knows the truth but goes back to the venom- an “OXYMORON.”

“And even though I regularly tune in to the conservative pundits.”

Tell your story Mr. Bearden but please drop the Ph.D. when you sign your name. Sorry, I am not impressed.

• 13 nathkatun7
          March 29, 2014 at 12:32 am

Cindy, that exactly the same era I grew up in. My grandmother , who never went beyond ninth grade, was a very strong believer in education. But she also despised “educated fools” who talked too much, using big and fancy words, but did absolutely nothing to help others. As I grew older I came to truly value her wisdom.

March 28, 2014 at 9:03 pm

As a psychologist he should know all about cognitive dissonance that he’s probably experiencing at extreme levels right now.

• 15 susanne
      March 28, 2014 at 9:10 pm

that just burns me up.

another way to frame it is, ‘so obamacare is helping you and you like it, but the president’s other initiatives, that help other people, you continue to strongly oppose???!!’

oops, i meant to say, ‘… you continue to strongly oppose, you dickhead???!!’

• March 28, 2014 at 9:13 pm

what’s he supposed to say…

I admit that I am a fucking idiot to believe them.

LL,

come on now.

• 17 jackiegrumbacher
      March 28, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Thought the same thing, LL. To admit you follow right wing pundits and are a FOX addict is to say, “I am a blithering idiot as well as a complete fool.” Even though it was Democrats who brought him the health care he needs, he still won’t vote for them. What a dimwit.

3. 18 CEB
    March 28, 2014 at 8:48 pm

And the question is, why is the guy who wrote the letter still a “staunch Republican.”

4. 21 whatisworking
    March 28, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Now I can write a real comment…

I just love this place, it gives me strength and encouragement every single day.

So here are a few examples of what the folks at this blog inspire folks like me and our amazing OFA team to do…..

We had a phone bank in partnership with Enroll America – we talked to a woman in Santa Rosa who had a double mastectomy 3 years ago, then lost her job, then went 1 year without insurance. She signed up in Feb. and when she went to the doctor found out she had cancer in her thyroid. She had surgery last week. Here comes the kicker. She is volunteering to be on our OFA team, she said it would be an honor.

We had another phone bank the next day inviting Home Health Care Workers to an ACA sign up in the City of Sonoma on Saturday. It was very last minute and I told them we could only do 200 names. We had 7 folks sign up and did 250 calls.

I had declared our tabling event at a hispanic market on Monday to be the last tabling event of the enrollment period, but I had not counted on our fabulous fellow Pam, she set up another one this coming Sunday. She figured that since folks would have 2 weeks to finish signing up then they could get started Monday and still get insurance.

Finally – keep those stories about the 2014 elections coming. I have finished adding a Governors page to my 2014 web page and also have included the latest stories about the race. Go to

The stories will be displayed as the page loads, then click on Governors and review that info. If I have made an error or if there is a close race I have missed, let me know. Also since Mike Rogers is retiring does that make it possible for a Dem to steal the seat?

I am starting to feel pretty darn hopeful. 2014 will be a lot of hard work, but it will be worth it.

Forward…

March 28, 2014 at 8:54 pm

so the bearden pox nut opposes what Obama does vigorously and yet enjoys the fruit of Obama’s epic battles with his ilk ?

fucking hypocrite.

6. 32 Nerdy Wonka
    March 28, 2014 at 8:58 pm

• 33 Judith Fardig
      March 28, 2014 at 9:00 pm

NW – thanks for making that tweetable. Maybe it will persuade some others of his Fox tv-watching ilk.

7. 34 Nerdy Wonka
    March 28, 2014 at 8:59 pm

March 28, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Only in ‘murka a health program that helps you enormously had to be hard sold to you. #nuckingfutz.

March 28, 2014 at 9:10 pm

10. March 28, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Echoing a lot of others here. How in the name of sanity can this non-Obama supporter continue to be a RWNJ after
    this wonderful experience with Obamacare. This truly boggles my mind. Maybe after using the ACA for mental health care
    then he will be able to think straight. PhD notwithstanding! We can only Hope…one by one….

11. 43 forus50
    March 28, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Hey Bill R thanks to you and all the other volunteers there is some major 4th quarter action!! https://twitter.com/FORUS50/status/449716189279707

12. 46 Cindy
    March 28, 2014 at 9:17 pm

It appears that Mr. Pooting is seeing the light, when the “OLD MIGHTY DOLLAR” came into play. Hit him where it hurts.

It reminds me of Training Day-Denzel Washington.

He didn’t get him self in to trouble until he ______ (you know) up the Russian Mafia’s money, and we know how the story ended for him. Putin may be thinking about Training Day.

Hello Mr. President Obama, can we please talk, sir, please?

13. 47 mtmarilyn
    March 28, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Good evening fellow Obamabots!! Just have returned from a great wake for a friend. We all tipped afew!!! In this last month I have lost 5 friends. Been to so many services. But this was the best way to end the month. It was a real Irish wake. The bar was right at the door as you walked in and the drinks were not weak. There was lots of laughing and story telling. This is the way I want to be remembered. Now we will see if I can really go back and read and absorb all that has gone on today. I heard Putin blinked. Now who is weak. Do have to tell you all again how much this community is appreciated.

• 48 susanne
      March 28, 2014 at 9:43 pm

how very sad to have lost 5 friends in one month! and how wonderful to have ‘waked’ the last one so gloriously. however difficult our lives, it is so comforting to come here to like-minded friends, and to be reminded that the world goes on in goodness and in humor, and with strength and courage, even when we’re not looking.

• 49 mtmarilyn
        March 28, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Thank you susanne. It has been a very tough month but we hang on to the wonderful memories. This place is such a balm for all of us.

• 50 Cindy
      March 28, 2014 at 9:55 pm

{{{{{{{{mtmarilyn}}}}}}}} Just for you.

I am praying that you will not have to have this experience anytime too soon. My family went through this in the 90’s, we lost 5 family members in one year, on the road every two months. It was so disheartening, that I was scared to answer the phone, always wondering if it was another member.

Our funerals (now) are referred to as; Home Going Service, but it doesn’t make you cry. Family members and friends go up and share the funny things of the individual’s life and speak of the good memories. I attended a service 3 years ago, and we laughed the whole time. The dad spoke of his son, and he told the most wonderful and funny stories of that young man’s life.

We were crying but it was because we laughed so hard. The church was full and you would have thought that we were in a comedy club. The wakes are a celebration as well, tears from the lost but laughter from their living.

The Pastors and family refers to it as a celebration of life.

I hope that you have beautiful memories to cherish for each one of your dear friends.

Warmest Blessings,

• 51 mtmarilyn
        March 28, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Oh Cindy, thank you for your thoughts. All those who have gone thru this knows it isn’t easy. I love the name “Home Going Service”. I hate “funerals”. They should be joyful and full of sharing of memories and stories. This is what life is. Life is a celebration. I celebrate all the memories I have of each of my friends. I am thankful for knowing each one of them and what they brought to my life.

• 52 Cindy
          March 28, 2014 at 10:27 pm

In the “old days” it was just a “funeral.” Truly it was depressing, sad, and crying during the entire service. Then it evolved because it really is a celebration of life.

Those beautiful memories that you have and cherish, will help you to heal as time goes on; they will cause you to cry, laugh and smile. All you can do, is take one day at a time. Your healing will come in due season.

March 28, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Only aj was not caught up in this effing freakshow. bbc is slowly turning into teann.

March 28, 2014 at 9:27 pm

March 28, 2014 at 9:28 pm

March 28, 2014 at 9:29 pm

March 28, 2014 at 9:32 pm

As the scandals surrounding Gov. Chris Christie’s (R) administration have intensified, the list of officials feeling the need to resign has grown. Today, it got a little longer.

The first notable resignation came late last year, with David Wildstein’s departure. Bill Baroni soon followed. When the bridge scandal erupted in earnest as a national fiasco, Bridget Kelly was ousted from the governor’s office and Christie ended his professional ties to Bill Stepien, his former campaign manager.

But all the while, there were lingering questions as to how long David Samson could remain in his Port Authority post as the questions about his activities grew louder. Today, Christie held a press conference, in part to announce Samson’s departure.

the scapegoating begins.

March 28, 2014 at 9:36 pm

The newly public report clearing New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) in the George Washington Bridget lane closing scandal contains “venomous, gratuitous, and inappropriate sexist remarks,” according to a lawyer representing former Christie deputy chief of staff Bridget Kelly.

Kelly’s attorney, Michael Critchley, issued a statement Friday responding to a report released Thursday by a legal team representing Christie’s office. The report pinned the blame for the lane closures on Kelly and former Port Authority of New York and New Jersey executive David Wildstein who, according to the report, “knowingly participated” in the plan “at least in part, for some ulterior motive to target [Fort Lee, N.J. Mayor Mark Sokolich.]” The legal team that conducted the investigation did not interview Kelly, Wildstein, and several other key figures in the scandal — a fact that Critchley noted in his statement.

….

Here is to all the rats that got marooned while the fat fucker abandoned the ship biting back.

20. March 28, 2014 at 9:39 pm

“Kremlin’s Gremlins: pro-Russian trolls have Kremlin IP addresses”

We well know that the World Wide Web has been used for a long time as a tool to manipulate public opinion, as has been demonstrated in the past with the invasion of Iraq in 2003. But never before has the manipulation reached such a level as the Kremlin has taken it to for the past few years.

The Saint Petersburg Times describes how they uncovered a troll operation aimed at political opponents and American politics, culture, and way of life.

clip

Some of the IP’s routes were traced back and surprisingly, but not very much so, one of the routes traced back indicated a server located inside the Kremlin.

Here is the evidence that the head of disinformation campaign resides in the Kremlin.
    See the screen capture.

Also, as noted shortly after NSCPress released the information on Tzar Vlad’s call to President Obama:

It can never be stressed enough that had either McCain or Romney (or Hillary Clinton) been president ……………….

#TrustBarack and VOTE

• 62 Lovepolitics2008
      March 28, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Barack Obama has a lot of credibility with European leaders. His brilliance, his strength of character, his honesty, his diplomatic skills … all of this make the heads of state in the West follow his lead. Something that Putin had completely underestimated.

But let’s not forget John Kerry who’s working hand in hand with the President. No power struggle here. Barack Obama and John Kerry are the dream team… Like the president, Kerry is brilliant, courageous, calm, patient, strong, and unselfish.

John Kerry would have made a fine president. I’m happy he has the occasion to shine as a statesman.

• 63 carolyn
        March 28, 2014 at 11:03 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with what you said….both about PBO and SOS Kerry. Often I think how much better the country would be if Kerry had won in 2004. But, he and PBO are an unbeatable team. Neither is a glory seeker. What a relief for our country. I loved President Obama’s line in his Wednesday speech: “Now is not the time for bluster.” How true. We had eight years of bluster.

• March 28, 2014 at 11:44 pm

I keep thinking that maybe could run again and win in 2016. I know wishful thinking!

March 28, 2014 at 9:40 pm

March 28, 2014 at 9:42 pm

March 28, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Nerdy, I had totally forgotten about April 1st being around the corner with the usual April Fools pranks. Thanks for the reminder as I’ll likely be at work, so have to keep my eyes and ears open.

March 28, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Gee, bridget, you and your ilk enabled that bully, now you get to taste your medicine.

25. March 28, 2014 at 9:48 pm

March 28, 2014 at 9:51 pm

27. March 28, 2014 at 9:53 pm

EXCLUSIVE-Russia threatened countries ahead of UN vote on Ukraine-envoys

Russia threatened several Eastern European and Central Asian states with retaliation if they voted in favor of a United Nations General Assembly resolution this week declaring invalid Crimea’s referendum on seceding from Ukraine, U.N. diplomats said.

The disclosures about Russian threats came after Moscow accused Western countries of using “shameless pressure, up to the point of political blackmail and economic threats,” in an attempt to coerce the United Nations’ 193 member states to join it in supporting the non-binding resolution on the Ukraine crisis.

According to interviews with U.N. diplomats, most of whom preferred to speak on condition of anonymity for fear of angering Moscow, the targets of Russian threats included Moldova, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan as well as a number of African countries.

According to the diplomats, the Russian threats were not specific. But they said it was clear to the recipients of the warnings not to support the resolution that retaliatory measures could include steps such as expelling migrant workers from Russia, halting natural gas supplies or banning certain imports to Russia to cause economic harm.

March 28, 2014 at 9:56 pm

March 28, 2014 at 10:00 pm

• 79 Cindy
      March 28, 2014 at 10:34 pm

amk4obama,

You definitely know how to bring a good laugh! : )

I think my heart is healthier because of your ability to make us smile and laugh with your pictures.

30. 80 anniebella
    March 28, 2014 at 10:01 pm

So will the right wing Obama haters be mad at Putin? Their leader.

31. March 28, 2014 at 10:04 pm

March 28, 2014 at 10:05 pm

33. 83 ERICFIVE
    March 28, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Works been crazy, but I have been lurking throughout the day. Kudos to HF2 and Donna for your epic takedowns of that idiot chuck todd (he has so disgraced his name and profession that I will no longer capitalize his name) this morning. Excellent job of exposing our corrupt media with humor and logic. HF2 I agree with your take on the phony Stephen Colbert controversy. The devils saw a chance to pounce and took it. Colbert is 10X funnier and more entertaining than Jon Stewart, imho. As for Putin caving and calling PBO, all I can say is we are so blessed to have PBO as our President. The LEADERSHIP he demonstrated during his trip to Europe, his complete mastery of his domain, should be evident to all but the most feeble minded and misinformed, (even if they refuse to say so publicly). It was that LEADERSHIP and the solidarity it fostered with other European heads of state, that caused Putin to blink. Among the various other heads of state, it was always clear that PBO was the leader of the pack. PBO wears the crown well. His leadership has been almost Biblical in its wisdom and farsightedness. The Nobel Prize people knew what they were doing in 2009 and should bestow the honor on PBO again this year (after forcing Syria to get rid of its chemical weapons and stop gassing its people, all without firing a single shot). If you get the chance, I recommend you go to Amazon and read the customer reviews for PBO first book. Many of the reviews predate PBO’s decision to run for the Presidency and his days in the Senate. You hear over and over that they think Obama would one day be President. He is a very special man. Babies see it, clear as day. We here on this site see it too. All praises to Chips, NW and all the people who make up this diverse community who all realize how lucky we are to be alive in these historic times.

• 84 jackiegrumbacher
      March 28, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Very well stated, Eric. Great summary of the president’s leadership.

• March 28, 2014 at 10:38 pm

“It was that LEADERSHIP and the solidarity it fostered with other European heads of state, that caused Putin to blink.”

Precisely, Eric. Thank you!!!

#TrustBarack

• 86 Lovepolitics2008
      March 28, 2014 at 10:56 pm

I absolutely LOVE your comment, Ericfive !

• 87 Lovepolitics2008
        March 28, 2014 at 10:59 pm

I think what I love the most is how you describe President Obama’s leadership: “wisdom and farsightedness”. INDEED !!!

• 88 nathkatun7
      March 29, 2014 at 1:08 am

Eric, as always, great comment! Like you, I love the way Donna Dem and HF2 have been pushing back hard against these unethical media people, like chukie Todd, who pretend to be journalists.

• 89 majiir
      March 29, 2014 at 1:51 am

Thanks, EricFive, for “getting” exactly who this president is and expressing it so eloquently and concisely. Your view of PBO matches those of the rest of us who rely on TOD for accurate information on every subject/topic, without the added MSM BS. It’s the ignorant jack*sses who don’t know one of their ends from the other, and the GOPTP sh*t-stirring neo-cons who don’t understand what he is trying to establish–a framework whereby nations can resolve issues/problems peacefully. PBO EARNED that Nobel Peace Prize, ahead of time. The Nobel Committee saw something in him many Americans are still unable to see–he is a man who desires and works for peace above all else.

March 28, 2014 at 10:07 pm

March 28, 2014 at 10:10 pm

March 28, 2014 at 10:15 pm

March 28, 2014 at 10:18 pm

March 28, 2014 at 10:18 pm

39. March 28, 2014 at 10:31 pm

March 28, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Hmm…by the time all these people are processed – we may well exceed 7M! I suspect that ACA will hit 7M THIS weekend :)

• 97 forus50
        March 28, 2014 at 10:53 pm

I just asked that question of Charles Gaba and he said he would predict a high water mark of 6.8 but thinks it’s more likely 6.58 (which is what his site has for 3/31) but “anything is possible”. Let’s hope for “anything”!! :)

• 98 Lovepolitics2008
          March 28, 2014 at 11:03 pm

with the additional delay for people to complete their process of signing up, the goal of 7M could be reached in the first days of April maybe?

• 99 nathkatun7
          March 29, 2014 at 1:18 am

If you round up 6.8 M, or even 6.58 M, you get 7M. Especially since there are so many uncounted people getting ACA coverage on non -exchange websites.

40. March 28, 2014 at 10:37 pm

41. 101 Nerdy Wonka
    March 28, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Bahahahahahahaha……shots fired.

Taco Bell’s foray into breakfast food has ushered in a new war—the war of morning fast food. It started this week as the ‘Bell introduced a new menu targeted at people who have a hankering for waffle tacos. To promote this confluence of possibly absurd ingredients, Taco Bell unveiled several new commercials featuring real people named Ronald McDonald enjoying their new treats.
    This apparently ruffled the colored afro of the House of Clown itself, which responded on Facebook with probably the most gracious reply it could muster. “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery,” it said, next to a photo of Ronnie petting a Chihuahua.

March 28, 2014 at 10:47 pm

43. 105 Cindy
    March 28, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Does anyone know if the uninsured people of Louisiana can sue Bobby Jindal and the State?

I heard today that 87% of the people are not insured and Jindal rejected the funds that would cover the people for 3 years. I don’t remember the amount but the people are suffering and this just doesn’t seem right that they can do this. The money is there and he will not accept it as this jokester in Florida and other states.

These individuals will end up in the emergency rooms or die before they can get the help they need. This is cruel and inhumane.

44. March 28, 2014 at 10:57 pm