Mar

GIFs Are Fun. Accidents Aren’t. Get Covered.

anigif_enhanced-12792-1395935671-3

Everyone loves a good deal. About 6 in 10 uninsured individuals could pay $100 or less per month for coverage, thanks to tax credits to help them buy a private health plan through the Marketplace or because they are now eligible for Medicaid. And nearly half of single young adults who are uninsured can get coverage for $50 or less in 2014. That could be less than your cell phone bill.

The White House: 7 Reasons Why Vice President Biden Thinks You Should Get Covered By March 31

anigif_enhanced-15366-1395935788-8

Get covered and take care of yourself so today’s injury — a bum ankle, a bad back, or a spider bite — doesn’t become a chronic condition that dogs you for the rest of your life. Signing up for health insurance today could save you from a lifetime of medical debt.

anigif_enhanced-1798-1395935882-5

Your folks probably told you that “you can be anything you want to be.” Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, you’re one step closer. You no longer have to hold back from pursuing a new or different job for fear of losing your health insurance plan. If you don’t get coverage through work, you can now sign up for quality, affordable coverage at HealthCare.gov that gives you the freedom to follow your dreams regardless of the work you do.

anigif_enhanced-19748-1395936232-7

There are three main ways you can sign up by March 31: 1) online at HealthCare.gov or Cuidadodesalud.gov; 2) on the phone at 1-800-318-2596, available 24/7 in 150 different languages; or 3) in person at locations like libraries and community health centers — visit LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov to find places near you.
After you enroll, spread the word to your friends.

anigif_enhanced-12660-1395936983-16

Vice President Biden’s got a reputation for always meaning what he says — especially about health care. But as the Vice President likes to point out, for 100 years — since Teddy Roosevelt was President — we’ve been trying to make health care more accessible and affordable in America. Well, we’re getting it done right now, and that’s a big deal. Now we’ve got to finish what we started.

110 Responses to “GIFs Are Fun. Accidents Aren’t. Get Covered.”

1. 1 donna dem 4 obama
    March 30, 2014 at 10:14 pm

March 30, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Bravo to those students. Did the media show anything about the students walking out on Dick Cheney? What do you think would have been all over the news if they walk out on President Obama?

March 30, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Will the media be playing this on 24/7 loop as they do whenever PBO gets heckled at a speech/rally?

• March 30, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Donna Dem this is the best news of the day!!!! Thanks for this tweet and video. Cheney…War Criminal. That he certainly is.

March 30, 2014 at 10:36 pm

That was great. Would have loved to have seen the entire audience walk out, one by one, leaving that war criminal on the stage by himself. Then maybe bring in the gendarmes.

March 30, 2014 at 10:44 pm

The truth is, I’m never comfortable with these kinds of protests (maybe if the entire group had walked out). IMO such stunts are rude and disrespectful and do not accomplish much, other than maybe raising sympathy for the ‘victim’. That’s not to say that I think Cheney deserves respect, but PBO does, and the O-Admin does, and a stunt such as this will likely encourage retaliation by some ignorant, ill-informed students in another venue.

March 30, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Thank you donna for that video, you made my day.

March 30, 2014 at 11:03 pm

You are very welcome, Annieb! Glad your day has been made.

Signed,
          Donna’s Executive Assistant

• 9 MightyPamela
        March 30, 2014 at 11:03 pm

I understand your thoughts VC, and there will always be different views. Cheney has been recognized by the world as a war criminal. He thinks he has gotten away with something, but eventually he will have to pay a price for his actions. If these students had simply chosen not to attend the discussion, Cheney would continue to see himself as above reproach or consequence. The right of citizens to peacefully protest has sometimes been challenged, we see it worldwide. The students at AU made an effort to organize themselves to take a stand, and they did so respectfully, for the most part. If no one had shouted out anything, it may have lessened the dynamic, as it could allow for a number of interpretations. This way, they were abiding by their rights, and making it clear what their intentions were. Standing outside the venue holding signs is another acceptable method of protest, but lacks the emphasis, and can easily be ignored by using another entrance/exit. That Dick Cheney would be invited to address American university students, no doubt for a hefty speaking fee, is appalling and a degradation to our future. So, I am okay with the way the students conducted themselves, and I am thinking it’s about time this is put squarely into Cheney’s face.

March 30, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Yes, there will always be different views. I agree it is insulting that a place of higher learning would bring in Cheney as a guest speaker, but I’m always ‘queasy’ when things are done this way. You know what I would have loved – but it would have required real organization – if the majority of the hall/room had stood up and quietly walked out as Cheney started to speak. That, I think would have been truly ‘in Cheney’s face’! Ah well……

• 11 MightyPamela
            March 30, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Totally agree, and I was hoping that is what would unfold while watching. I was disappointed more did not join in.

March 30, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Yea, I was waiting for a major exodus. Prolly a good reason for my views. :-0

• 13 LDS
                March 31, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Good morning TOD! I am catching up here.
                I left my view on the previous post. Still have not mastered the technique to bring it over. But after watching the movie “Nixon” for the first time this weekend. The reason being is because it took this long to be able to. As a teenager I will never forget how I felt during the Viet Nam Era. The Kent State killings was three days before my 18th birthday and it was just a sad time. So many friends and relatives fought in that senseless war and came back physically, mentally and spiritually broken for life. The only hero I was able to stand up for with pride was Muhammed Ali. It was difficult for me to welcome anybody home because I was so angry and hurt.
                These evil bastards must be called out every time they pop their heads up. However it is done is okay with me. They are waiting for their chance to come back.
                I wished that all had walked out. This evil man has no remorse. He is worse than Nixon because he refuse to die.
                How many muscles of a heart is he on, now?
                I dare not call it a “heart”. Instead it is a muscle in a deep dark empty cavity.

March 30, 2014 at 10:16 pm

1st?

• March 30, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Two seconds behind Donna, the story of your life :roll:

• 16 amk for obama
        March 30, 2014 at 10:20 pm

That’s two min.

wimmin/smh

March 30, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Whadoyamean ‘two seconds’? Don’t you be minimizing his tardiness! :) :) :)

• March 30, 2014 at 10:24 pm

(I was being nice, VWolfC, didn’t want to make him blush)

• 20 amk for obama
            March 30, 2014 at 10:30 pm

You LIE.

March 30, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Speak for yourself, CC. I would so love to see him blush, as I suspect a few other wimmin here would!

BTW, who is this Veewolfcie that you keep referencing? And has someone messed with the TOD water lately?

*You* were being nice. *I* was trying for charm. *You* are forgetting people’s real names. *I* was being charming to Amk. *You* were…

• March 30, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Whatcha talking about, Veewolfcie? :-)

March 30, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Your rapidly developing insanity? You seen the psychiatrist lately?

March 30, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Ooops! /slapping forehead? Just remembered that the strategy (or is it tactics) was not to respond when wrongly identified. O my aging brain – (ever since last birthday) can’t remember clearly from one day to the next. ;)

• March 30, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Oh Quiet One, you are far from forgetful and a master tactician in instigating very humorous exchanges with Chips and other fellow TOD travelers :D :D :D

• 32 MightyPamela
                  March 30, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I am among the many who may feel this past week has indeed seemed to be a full year in length! Live Long and Prosper. I believe Time itself is speeding up!

March 30, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Unfortunately, time is speeding us through the President’s second term. And I really don’t want to think about THAT. :(

• 34 MightyPamela
                      March 30, 2014 at 11:27 pm

I also believe we should not and MUST NOT be thinking about that, except perhaps in an abstract way. for certain PBO is not thinking like that. ‘We’ still have over 2.5 years, much to be done and much which can be accomplished. But having a majority in both houses is critical, otherwise, they will steal the final two years. As it is, they have taken a chunk out of the middle 4 years, and too much has been sacrificed. With a majority, immense forward motion can be achieved. We must not think beyond that. Even in the last final few months, after the 2016 election, much can be done, but only with a majority who will not cease working right up until the last day. No more of that lame ass duck crappola…

March 30, 2014 at 11:36 pm

Agree! Just had a moment of weakness, but I also realize if we don’t get the President a majority in both houses and get some of the state houses back in our court, it will take years to bring some kicking and screaming into the 18th Century, in this country.

And I like how fired up you are, MP. Keep at it!

March 30, 2014 at 11:39 pm
                    March 30, 2014 at 11:19 pm

;) From my end the week DID go by too quickly (I blocked myself from work calls), so you can imagine I’m not looking forward to tomorrow. Since it seems like today is my unexpected designated prayer day – I’m going to pray right now that they don’t call me tomorrow a.m. :)

• 38 MightyPamela
                      March 30, 2014 at 11:29 pm

I have some candles burning, dear VC, so I will help you with that. And maybe don’t answer the phone?? ( be in the shower or something, or can you just say ‘not today’?)

March 30, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Thanks. ;) Not to answer means they keep calling, and saying ‘not today’ requires a reason. There is actually a list of potential reasons, numbered for the automated system. :grin:

• 40 MightyPamela
                      March 30, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Tell them your friend (Mighty)Pamela just rang with an urgent need for help, as she is recovering from an accident, and you have one foot out the door to the airport!! (well, hey, some parts of it are very true)

March 30, 2014 at 11:53 pm

;)
                      Hope you ARE taking care of yourself even as the days with this injury seem unending.

March 30, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Tee hee hee! Not.

• 43 amk for obama
        March 30, 2014 at 10:21 pm

so much glee.

wimmin/smh

March 30, 2014 at 10:24 pm

:) :) :) First time I’ve been gleeful since seeing those smilies that I cannot have. Knowing they exist just beyond my reach has not been funny; frustrating, yes; funny, no.

• 45 donna dem 4 obama
      March 30, 2014 at 10:23 pm

♥ we can share ;)

March 30, 2014 at 10:22 pm

This post is hysterical!!! And – I might mention – a BFD!

March 30, 2014 at 10:24 pm
  5. March 30, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Chips, just DM’d you, but I’ll share here.

Sweden just issued Zlatan Ibrahimovic postage stamps. 5m have been sold already. I think we should invade.

In LL news: I’ve more or less stayed offline for my long weekend. And a good thing, as I’ve had alternating shoulder/back pain. As the common topic of conversation with my friend Greg (@slirt on Twitter) goes: “When the FUCK did I become middle aged?!”

• March 30, 2014 at 10:30 pm

The one and only!

Mind that shoulder/back :-(

• 54 nathkatun7
      March 31, 2014 at 2:58 am

“When the FUCK did I become middle aged?!”

It creeps on you when you are not paying attention! The next stage you have to look out for is joining us senior citizens! Sometimes I wake up and I just can’t quite figure out why certain parts of my body just don’t want to cooperate with my desires. Usually it’s my back! But sometimes it’s just any explained aches from different parts of my body. Lately, my problem has been with my eyes. I suppose this is purely my fault because I missed my annual check up.

6. March 30, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Congrats on 1st Donna!!

NW – I am finally having a moment to read through yet another of your exceptional R&S’s – Thank you!

For those of you whom have not read it, Spandan has another fine essay at TPV:

In the comment section I just posted:

Between now and 4 Nov 2014 we must strive to have every American – EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM – step back and reflect on the fact that the wealthiest Americans and their GOP servants have spent countless millions on lies and every form of obstruction they could muster to deny their fellow citizens health care, food, and the right to vote (to highlight just three).

Want a definition of EVIL – just look at EVERYTHING the GOP has done during the past three decades and especially what they have done since 20Jan09.

#DEMSDominate2014

YES WE MUST

• 56 Nerdy Wonka
      March 30, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Thank you, Bob. Very much appreciated.

• 57 nathkatun7
        March 31, 2014 at 3:27 am

You know Nerdy Wonk, sometimes it’s hard to find words that haven’t already been said to express my gratitude for all you contribute to keep us informed! Your coverage of the ACA has been totally out of this world! I think if most Americans visited TOD, and got to read all the positive stories you and the tweets you share, Republicans would be in big trouble in 2014. Any way, I just wanted to say thank you and to let you know how deeply I value and respect everything you do.

• 59 a4alice
      March 30, 2014 at 10:43 pm

thx for the recommend bob – off to read it!

• 60 nathkatun7
      March 31, 2014 at 3:11 am

Bob! You are an amazing person! You are truly an example what it means to be a human being filled with empathy for all the people here in the United States and throughout the world. I strongly believe that the marvelous work you, and the other TOD twitters, have been doing is slowly turning the tide. I especially love the fact that while you fiercely continue to expose evil you have never given up the optimism that with hard work , the good will triumph in the end.

7. March 30, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Someone who will never be middle aged? Serena Williams. Chick will be winning tournaments into her 40s.

March 30, 2014 at 10:29 pm
    • 77 forus50
      March 30, 2014 at 10:43 pm

I was on his website and didn’t see his tweet! Thanks Hopefruit.

• 79 nathkatun7
      March 31, 2014 at 3:50 am

Absolutely impressive! 6.78M rounded up is 7M! Any one know the numbers of people who signed up for ACA on private insurance websites? I also would like to know how many people have qualified and signed up for Medicaid. Equally important, are the numbers of young adults, 26 years and under, who were able to remain on their parents insurance. From the bits and pieces of data I’ve come across, it seems that since 2010, because of the ACA, over 17 million Americans have been able to acquire health insurance coverage that they previously couldn’t afford. This a BFD in my book! The number s would be even higher if right wing governed states had not blocked Medicaid expansion.

9. March 30, 2014 at 10:39 pm
  10. 83 forus50
    March 30, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Charles Gaba has raised his projection 4 times in the past 24 hours. From 6.52 to 6.58 to 6.72 to now 6.78! :) :) :)

“…My estimates for the past 4 days have been about 2/3 based on solid data…but the other 1/3 has been a mish-mash of anecdotal evidence and instinct. I could be dead wrong here, but I’m going ahead and bumping up my projection for 11:59pm on Monday, March 31st one more time, to just shy of 6.78 million exchange-based QHPs.”

11. 88 forus50
    March 30, 2014 at 10:42 pm
  12. March 30, 2014 at 10:43 pm

And of course, all the funny gifs are of Ride Or Die Joe.

13. March 30, 2014 at 10:45 pm
    March 30, 2014 at 10:46 pm

With the first results coming in it is clear that President Hollande and the Socialists have taken a hit. All sorts of towns are tumbling to the right-wing UMP. Towns like Limoges, which has been governed by the left since 1912; or Quimper, Saint-Etienne, Reims and Roubaix. It looks like the Socialists have retained Paris, but that is small consolation.

dumbness/stupidity/idiocy is universal.

15. 99 donna dem 4 obama
    March 30, 2014 at 10:58 pm
  16. 102 Nena20409
    March 30, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Oh my bed time awaits.

Snow in some parts of Minn and with high winds for Monday and Tuesday……Up to 8″.

Today clocked 54 in my part of town.

See You all tomorrow…..Good Evening.

17. 103 a4alice
    March 30, 2014 at 11:05 pm

well looks like #aca is going to be hitting it’s mark. Take that naysayers nyah.

nite folks.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

March 30, 2014 at 11:13 pm
    March 30, 2014 at 11:15 pm

with that, I am out.

March 30, 2014 at 11:19 pm

YES WE CAN.

21. 109 susanne
    March 30, 2014 at 11:27 pm

lots of rain here the past few days. this was posted yesterday, from a hiker in maui.