May

President Obama And Chancellor Merkel Hold A Press Conference

76d79f0d31b60911530f6a7067002a5e

0952151d31b70911530f6a70670096c1

President Barack Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel speak during a joint news conference in the Rose Garden at the White House in Washington

23b19d4231b90911530f6a7067000c87

c1f09a0d3b7fb0924b34dbb5003fe9076be6c82c

OBAMA-MERKEL

bad888c731b10911530f6a7067005b35

2014-05-02T173058Z_149271516_GM1EA53042B01_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA-MERKEL

2b30efb231c10911530f6a7067005f94

f1d37d4531780811530f6a706700f445

2014-05-02T170433Z_1675673666_GM1EA521UH701_RTRMADP_3_UKRAINE-CRISIS

President Barack Obama welcomes German Chancellor Angela Merkel as Vice President Joe Biden looks on at the Oval Office of the White House

1a71d06f31c20911530f6a7067005b6b

65c7e8b531b50911530f6a706700e3f3

OBAMA-MERKEL

422b47ce31bb0911530f6a706700a891

OBAMA-MERKEL

2014-05-02T171238Z_274547136_TB3EA521BSR5W_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA-MERKEL

dc1fd6fb24e0fa755103235bf81557768cdaf703

President Barack Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel hold a bilateral meeting in the Oval Office

OBAMA-MERKEL

OBAMA-MERKEL

136 Responses to “President Obama And Chancellor Merkel Hold A Press Conference”

1. May 2, 2014 at 5:13 pm

So, I was followed by @sfpelosi. I think I can take the weekend off now.

2. May 2, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Oh, and Jim Stuart. And it’s not like my Tweets have been that interesting today. My allergies are wreaking havoc with my sinuses.

• 11 GGail
      May 2, 2014 at 5:26 pm

You too?
      My nose just won’t stop running!

• 17 MightyPamela
      May 2, 2014 at 5:33 pm

LL, you are being far too self-effacing (not a pun): these people are following you because your legendary genius has become widely known and appreciated. Know that now, okay? We all do. (sorry LL and GGail about your weeping sinuses. I have a nearby neighbor who seems to have an addition to fried garlic and onions, 8am, 2pm, 2am…. (For crying our loud, enough is enough) I can only hope s/he becomes allergic and stops with the stench!

• 18 MightyPamela
        May 2, 2014 at 5:37 pm

*addiction

• 19 GGail
        May 2, 2014 at 5:38 pm

MP, you have me holding my laughter in here at my desk! Hahahahaha!

• 20 MightyPamela
          May 2, 2014 at 5:43 pm

You need to let loose with that, GGail ~ I know holding in laughter can be as dangerous as stifling a sneeze…. I promise it will sneak up on you in the middle of the night, and you will wake up howling as a result! :) :) :) Tears will flow..

• 21 GGail
            May 2, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Tears are already flowing. I’m gonna step outside…

• 22 MightyPamela
              May 2, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Message to these asswipes: Never underestimate Barack Obama. I guess they are unaware of this timeless advice?? Especially when all seems very quiet, know he is watching.

• 23 MightyPamela
                May 2, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Boy, oh boy. Did this ever land in the WRONG place, meant to reply to LL tweet waaaaay below. Oh well. Takes all the fun out of the comment I was going to post for you GGail!

• 25 MightyPamela
            May 2, 2014 at 5:55 pm

<3 :) <3

• 27 Judith Fardig
      May 2, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Woo Hoo! Congrats, LL. Hope they read your long posts.

May 2, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Thanks for this Ms Wonka! You can have no idea how much less painful it is to go to work on these `big`days, knowing that I won`t have to search high and low to find the tape of important pressers.

Also, “Muchísimas Gracias” for stepping in so effortlessly to keep the walls of our village standing solid and with banners flying high! Your work in the village means a lot to all of us – ‘gracias’ otra vez!

4. 36 donna dem 4 obama
    May 2, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Milestone weekend for me with the WHCD coming up on Saturday…

I was a regular blogger at OFA for many years and then they went and destroyed that great blog and the unity and camaraderie we had over there. I was going there less and less and visiting BWD and Chips blogs more and more. So one Saturday I came home from volunteering with the campaign and the White House Correspondence dinner was taking place. I went to OFA and it was deadsville over there so I came to TOD and y’all was throwing a big ole party. I think Chips had gone to bed because the thread had like 500 or 600 comments. PBO was fantastically funny that night.

We partied until the wee hours and the next day PBO killed OBL. It was one heckava 24 hours. That was the night that TOD became my permanent blogging home and it’s been that for me ever sense.

So 25 Million Thank Yous to all of my TOD Family!!!

• May 2, 2014 at 5:24 pm

“I think Chips had gone to bed”

LOL Donna, I have slept through just about every major happening the last few years – in fact, I should have a live webcam thingie, and when you hear me snoring you know something HUGE is about to happen!

Thanks Donna, you bring SO much to this place. Grateful.

• 47 MightyPamela
      May 2, 2014 at 5:27 pm

• 48 GGail
      May 2, 2014 at 5:29 pm

DD, that was a good ole time! So glad you popped in and decided to stay!

May 2, 2014 at 5:29 pm

LOL! That was one heckuva night donna. TOD was THE place to be for that entire weekend and days just prior to and following that weekend. :)

May 2, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Here’s a trip down memory on the night of the 2011 WHCD – over 600 comments on the peak thread… :)

• May 2, 2014 at 5:38 pm

OMG, 621 comments!!!! How on EARTH were you all able to load that thread!!!! :lol:

• 52 GGail
          May 2, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Gurl is was s.l.o.w. as hell!

But we didn’t care! We were having such a goooooood time

• 53 dotster3
          May 2, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Chips, want to add my belated congrats on the 25 mill—–I missed the big moment, and I wasn’t even snoring, just out and about smiling at strangers—–love the delayed reaction—–where it takes a couple of seconds to register that ‘someone is smiling at me’ and then they give a return happy smile. I like to think I ‘made their day’, but probably not.
          Anyhoo—like everyone else here I am so grateful for TOD—-don’t know what would have happened to me if it didn’t exist—-would have gone loopy-loo—–or just have been sad over in the corner. So —–huge hugs and beaucoup merci.

May 2, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I get the link through the archives and it loads fine :) I just had a blast reading thru all those comments!

• May 2, 2014 at 5:38 pm

THAT was quite the night!

• 57 Vicki
      May 2, 2014 at 5:43 pm

What a lovely story, Donna. I read and enjoy all your posts.

• 58 Obama Grandmama
      May 2, 2014 at 11:30 pm

My story is similar to yours, Donna. Started at the OFA site in either early 08 or late 07, not sure which, but pretty much at the beginning of the site. Went to BWD when the OFA site made a format change. Lost contact with some friends there. Boo who. There were so many trolls on there by then that I needed to switch for my own mental stability. When BWD closed down that blog I found the TOD blog, other bloggers from BWD and even OFA were here too. It takes vigilance to create and maintain a troll free site to support our President. Thanks, Chips. I do hope we can still gather here after 2017.

5. May 2, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Chips,

CONGRATULATIONS!! 25,000 million strong and counting. I can’t thank you enough for your time and dedication to ensuring that this blog is and remains a safe haven for all to come and read the positive about our magnificent President. You deserve high praises and so much more!

You have brought together a remarkable group of people worldwide. Nerdy, (your talents are just beyond compare), the other blog tyrants, and your regulars are a force to be reckoned with. Thank you very much for giving so much of yourselves every day to keep this blog a powerful weapon against the MSM and the naysayers!

6. 62 MightyPamela
    May 2, 2014 at 5:29 pm

And already well on the way to superstardom: 2.337 hits just since this Party started, a couple hours ago!

7. May 2, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Congratulations and Thank You for The Obama Diary! 25 million hits is “A Big Fing Deal” ;) How about a link to the first post for fun?

8. May 2, 2014 at 5:40 pm
    • 65 MightyPamela
      May 2, 2014 at 5:45 pm

• 67 dotster3
      May 2, 2014 at 6:01 pm

That is quite a collection of gents (the nuttiest of our nuts)——they all seem itchin’ to shoot. I think someone needs to get them to move along now—–back to their war games from whence they came—–before a shoot out at the OK Bundy Corral erupts.

9. May 2, 2014 at 5:50 pm

I hope President Obama leaves some serious burns at the WHCD. They all deserve it.

10. 74 Cindy
    May 2, 2014 at 5:53 pm

GOOD AWESOME AND HAPPY FRIDAY CHIPSTICKS, DANNY AND TOD FAMILY!!!!

Congratulations and 25 MILLION PLUS-THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and THANK YOU!

Thank you Chipsticks; reaching your milestone is A BFD! Thank you for bringing this WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS site to us; a “safe haven” for those of us who love and support our BEAUTIFUL and AWESOME First Family, and Administration Team.

This place brings me joy, laughter, and political education bar-none. Thank you for “your” awesome contributors; Dannystix : ) , Mr. Bobfr, Liberal Librarian, Nerdy Wonka, Dudette, zizi2, donna dem 4 obama, lovely plains, and “ALL” of the AWESOME TOD family members who share their gifts and talents.

This loving community restored my faith in politics; Professor Bobfr’s insight, and intellectual brilliance on presenting worldwide news and events, is no match for the “fake journalists”, and is a force to be reckoned with-THANK YOU PROFESSOR BOBFR!!!!

This beautiful place is a sanctuary for those of us who are burdened down; facing challenging illnesses, facing unsurmountable challenges (personally, professionally), grieving for the loss of love ones, celebrating our beautiful grandbabies, sharing loving and funny stories of our extended family (4 legged members), venting our disappointments, and asking for prayers when we can’t do anymore.

It is a safe place where love is felt; warmth of a smile brightens our days and nights, hugs are given away freely, words of encouragement are extended, blessings are sent across the continents, laughter is shared, joy is felt, and above all, it is a place that gives hope for a better America.

It is a place where we “undeniably and unapologetically” support “our” BEAUTIFUL AND LOVING PRESIDENT AND HIS FAMILY.

I pray that you will be blessed indeed Chipsticks, for running with the vision that was birthed inside of you for creating TOD. This is where I come for “real news” and truths. You my friend created SUCCESS, for that, 25 MILLIONS THANK YOUs’ …….keep being AWESOME!

Lots of {{{{{{CHIPSTICKS/DANNYSTIX and TOD FAMILY}}}}} and LOVE………..

Warmest Blessings,
    Cindy
    **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Success: A Perception

Success lies in being happy
    After losing the game
    Success lies in giving credit
    And taking the blame

Success lies in doing good
    Without thinking for name and fame
    Success lies in winning friends
    Sharing goods and claim
    Success lies in the fair means
    Not in anyhow achieving the aim

Success lies in team spirit
    Making efforts jointly for the same
    Success lies in enjoying the journey
    Not in reaching the hall of fame

Shashikant Nishant Sharma

May 2, 2014 at 5:55 pm
    May 2, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I truly appreciate the voice, tone and manner of this translator!

13. 83 Nena20409
    May 2, 2014 at 6:02 pm

So this is How David Gregory will boost his free-fall ratings on MTP? Hmm?

14. May 2, 2014 at 6:07 pm
  15. 86 MightyPamela
    May 2, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I am going to be a bit selfish for a moment (?!), and ask all my TOD sisters and brothers to help me with a tsunami of Light: the sports ortho wants to administer a series of non-steroidal serum injections to my knee and shoulder, but they are very expensive, and not sure insurance will cover it. His request and recommendation are pending ~ so, if you have a thought to supply some energy to this on my behalf, I would be most humbly grateful. Hope PBO doesn’t mind sharing his Candles: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=PBO Thank you.

• 87 GGail
      May 2, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Done, just for you {{{{MP}}}}

May 2, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Done! Mighty P, please be well, with smooth healing, and hoping everything works out on the insurance front.

• 89 Cindy
      May 2, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Good HAPPY FRIDAY MightyPamela!

This is the right place to come and ask; knowing you will receive : )

When prayers go up, blessings come down. I will be praying for your successful outcome (insurance), and your healing. Keep the faith, all things are possible when we believe.

Warmest Blessings and Hugs……..

{{{{{{{{{{MightyPamela}}}}}}}}}}

• 90 Paulita
      May 2, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Done! Mighty P. May it be done with swiftness.

• 91 sherijr
      May 2, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Done MP.. sending out all my positive thoughts, vibes and wishes.

• 93 MightyPamela
      May 2, 2014 at 8:07 pm

With gratitude, and many blessings to return to you all. <3

• 94 0388jojothecat
      May 2, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I am praying that you can spend the weekend to talk with family and consider you options. Sending you virtual hugs and lighting a candle for our Mighty Pam.

May 2, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Lit my candle for you – and PBO. Hope whatever the best result is happens for you.

16. May 2, 2014 at 6:14 pm

I’d like to add my thanks for this blog–to Chips, Nerdy, LL, Amk,the regular posters. You are my newspaper and a great source of wisdom and strength. It’s great to come to a place where everyone supports the president as I live in a very red part of NJ. Thanks again to all.

May 2, 2014 at 6:19 pm
    • 98 dotster3
      May 2, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Chuck Todd just said the Angela Merkel visit “didn’t go so well”, giving it his bestest negative spin on Nightly News. He still hasn’t recovered from PBO mentioning the good jobs numbers ‘right off the bat’ at the presser. That made Chuck Todd MAD!

May 2, 2014 at 6:28 pm
    • 100 globalcitizenlinda
      May 2, 2014 at 7:55 pm

selling public assets to their friends – these rightwingers never stop with their schemes!

19. May 2, 2014 at 6:30 pm
    • May 2, 2014 at 6:48 pm

What was your response?

The El Ninos I remember were before you moved out west, in the late 1970s and mid-1980s.

They brought torrential rain (flooding, downed trees, etc.) but nothing like the once-in-a-century downpour that occurred on a March day in the early 1990s when the rain literally came down in sheets. Sheets of rain.

• May 2, 2014 at 6:53 pm

From what I’ve been reading, we might have a repeat of the 97-98 El Niño.

• 104 0388jojothecat
          May 2, 2014 at 8:59 pm

I remember the El Nino of 1977/78 on a Mother’s Day Sunday it poured all day. That was one of the first El Ninos that I will never forget because I was a new driver and basically could not see the road.

May 2, 2014 at 6:35 pm

That smells like desperation to me… ROTFL

• 106 Cindy
      May 2, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Happy Friday Hopefruit2!

They are understanding how the “black man” draws an audience when people are positive. They see President Obama and his success. They are searching for the brown audience, “now.” Desperation indeed…….

May 2, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Hiya Cindy! Yup, they’re trying any silly strategy – missing the point completely. Now it’s “bring a black young-ish person on” and see how that works.

It.Won’t.Work.

• 108 Cindy
          May 2, 2014 at 6:54 pm

You Betcha…… it will not work! They preach hate and disrespect every weekend and “now” they want us to get HAPPY because of what? Give me a frickin break Gregory, you can’t use us anymore, we don’t give you our permission and we will not participate in your shenanigans.

Retire and call it a day.

• 109 0388jojothecat
          May 2, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Hahahahaha…….so they are going to try and make David Gregory look hip to attract minorities and young folk? David Gregory is still fake, phony and stiff and they can parade every hip hop/rock/soul group from now until 2017 and I will never watch Meet The Old White Conservative Male show.

• 110 Nena20409
      May 2, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Posted up thread.

With the WHCD that is how DG could get will.i.am on MTP.

Pathetic DG looking for ratings.

• 111 GGail
      May 2, 2014 at 6:49 pm

I’m not falling for it and the majority of will.i.am followers don’t watch MTP or MSM anyway – so who does this benefit?

21. 112 desraye
    May 2, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Did anybody watch the evening news of how they reported the jobs number? ABC was positive but NBC and CBS was negative.

May 2, 2014 at 6:44 pm
    • 114 Nena20409
      May 2, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Pres Obama can NEVER do right by the DC/NY haters masquerading as journalists.

I read at Mediaite or some other site that Ron Fronier was on Mourning Joke and others calling pres Obama names. They do it for pres Obama doesn’t let their hatred rub off on him.

They are going mad before the nation. Stress is not kind to the heart. I await to read about their heartaches soon.

• 115 99ts
        May 2, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Fortunately MJ ratings are lower than low – no-one wants to hear Ron Fornier nor the other dingbats that are happy to smile while MJ rants

23. 116 yardarm756
    May 2, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Congrats Admiral Chips.

• 117 Cindy
      May 2, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Happy Friday Yardarm756, and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful and awesome celebration. I have been late on catching up on the posts due to hectic work schedule.
      Thank you for an “old school” song. The DELLS were a big hit in the 70’s and one of my favorite groups. Has everything been completed with your eyes? I hope all went well, lots of prayers were sent your way.

Have an outstanding weekend : )

• 118 yardarm756
        May 2, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Thanks Cindy. Eye surgery is set for next week and the birthday was damn near like a 2 day frat party. :D

• 119 Cindy
          May 2, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Heeeeyyyyyy…….you have to celebrate when it comes, we only get 1 each year : )

Ok, I misunderstood, I thought that the surgery was done. I will keep you on the prayer list for a successful surgery and healing.

• 121 Roberta in MN
          May 2, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Happy Birthday yardarm. and all the others I have missed this past couple of weeks. I have been lurking and not really posting.

May 2, 2014 at 6:51 pm

POTUS is Funny!!!!

‘On the eve of the White House Correspondent’s Dinner, the folks at ABC have compiled their list of President Obama’s funniest moments at the event. But I’m here to tell you that our President’s sense of humor is not limited to this annual stand-up routine. Here are some of the times he made me literally LOL.
    ……………..//’

25. 123 GGail
    May 2, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Ok, so I finally went to the top of this thread and saw that there were pictures and a topic and everything! I’d forgotten we had moved on from 25M.
    So anyway, while looking at the pics, I noticed Chancellor Merkel smiling, smiling mouth, smiling eyes, then “holy moly” she’s laughing out loud! That Obama charm has done it again :-)

26. 125 PrayerWarriorforObama
    May 2, 2014 at 6:57 pm

25 million and clicking! Congratulations to the most reliable information dissemination team, not only in the USA but also globally. Chips, you, your elite team of bts and the rest of the Obamadiary family are righteously the best. You truly deserve President Obama for your leader for you are all excellent, just like him.

27. 126 Nena20409
    May 2, 2014 at 6:59 pm

NBC News President Deborah Turness has named Chris Jansing as the new Senior White House Correspondent and Peter Alexander as National Correspondent.

Jansing has been with NBC since joining as an MSNBC anchor in 1998. For the last several years she has split her time between anchoring a morning show on MSNBC, and reporting for “NBC Nightly News,” covering domestic news, foreign Olympics, and, most recently, the elevation to Sainthood of Popes John XXIII and John Paul II.

From the White House, Jansing will report primarily for “Nightly News,” providing day-to-day coverage of the Obama administration and White House politics. Alexander will continue to report on the White House as well as national affairs beyond Washington DC. Kristen Welker also continues as White House correspondent.

Hmm?

What happened to Chuck Todd? Gone? I sure hope so. Not one mention? Hmm?

• 127 99ts
      May 2, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Old Chuck is still the “Chief White House Corresponent” – too sad

• 128 0388jojothecat
      May 2, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Chuckles the clown has become too partisan and is too divisive in his reporting. His hate for PBO is clouding his judgment to report the goings on at the WH. He belongs on Faux Noise.

28. May 2, 2014 at 7:31 pm

More Russian hysteria & propaganda over a situation in which the truth is hilarious!

May 2, 2014 at 7:32 pm
    May 2, 2014 at 7:33 pm
  31. 134 mtmarilyn
    May 2, 2014 at 7:50 pm

It has been a very busy day. I come back to TOD and we have gone over the 25million!!!!! This is so mind boggling fantastic. I still remember back when I came here. Someone from BWD’s blog told us about it. I thought it was great, and then Chips has been here for all of us thru all the ups and downs (many more ups than downs). Everyone here has been a part of keeping all of us sane. Thank you Chips for being there for all of us.

Love those pictures of POTUS and Merkel. All I have been hearing is how bad this visit has been. They sure look like they aren’t getting along.

32. 135 taiping1
    May 2, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Congratulations Chipsticks! And all blog tyrants too. In this age of GOP and media hysteria in the face of the ongoing steamroller of the Obama administration, crushing all their memes and negativity, we are blessed to celebrate all the success else’s in the unique TOD community. These diaries will be an essential source for historians in the future. It’s my go-to site at odd hours every day and I never end the day without having gone through all the posts. It’s great to have this place to send people to for accurate information. 25 million thanks and counting! Yes we can!

33. 136 majiir
    May 3, 2014 at 2:59 am

I’ve been painting and tidying up the house and the yard here in GA for the last week, so I’m always late dropping in. I catch hell trying to catch up with the news and read as many comments as I can.

Congratulations, Ms. Chipsticks, on 25 million blog hits. I remember when we were celebrating 1 Million. You have truly created a safe haven for sharing accurate news about our wonderful PBO. Thanks.