May

Chat Away

13898095339_266cc59806_b

Elegance

In case you missed these gems by Pete Souza and other White House photographers in the middle of all the WHCD fuss, here’s the link

Hic

13898111628_7097e7830f_b

Prize Fighter

13898090378_6dc35d753e_b

Nosy

14104744843_854c948b9b_b

‘Slow down First Lady, pleeeeeeeease’

13898100170_e977b6338f_b

Great Wall, Great Family

14081563562_287207d31b_b

A Woman’s Best Friend x 2

14081568822_986498ccb8_b

Check the link for captions

114 Responses to “Chat Away”

1. 1 Dudette
    May 4, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Good Evening!

2. May 4, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Okay, I have a new, well, odd Twitter friend :???:

Does anyone have the answer?

3. 50 Nerdy Wonka
    May 4, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Oh, Pete Souza. You wonderful, wonderful genius.

4. 51 MightyPamela
    May 4, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Gawd ~ I truly hope boner was able to refrain from kissing PBO!! Talk about ‘the look of love’… Sheesh.

5. 62 Dudette
    May 4, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Happy Birthday CarolMae!!!

6. May 4, 2014 at 9:12 pm

From the bottom of the previous thread ….

So much tragedy could have been avoided ….

… if Kennedy and Johnson had listened to one of the only Americans who had a clue where Vietnam was as well as being someone Ho trusted.

I have no doubt that President Obama would have listened, comprehensively.

7. 65 Dudette
    May 4, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Just finished binge watching Season 1 DVD of House of Cards! Holy Cheesy Puffs that show is goooooood!

8. 66 Judith Fardig
    May 4, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Dudette – you rock! So much to catch up on, but I did watch the W.H.C.D. live and loved what our POTUS did to the news nitwits and GOP 2016 wannabes!

• 67 Dudette
      May 4, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Wasn’t he AWESOME?!! Aw man, he was good!

• 68 Cindy
        May 4, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Happy Sunday Dudette!

Congrat on 1st!

I am mad that I missed the Friday night party with you and desertflower. You guys started after my rant; went to Yahoo news about Clinton’s VP pick, thinking it might be someone cool (Castro brother’s, Deval Patrick etc…), only to be traumatized by the analysis of why Bill Clinton should be VP. I left the computer vowing not to return again.

You all partied to many of my favorites. Next time, pppllllleeeeaaaasssseeeee bring on more of the Isley Brothers; lawdy, they were my go to songs when I was young and crazy, whacked out, totally convinced that I was “in love.”

O yeah, always invite Marvin G., now his music made me know without a doubt that it was love : ) (I was older)

• 69 Dudette
          May 4, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Hi Cindy! That was fun! I wanted to keep going but somebody at WordPress thought I was spammer and started blocking my posts just as I was getting on a roll! :-)

Chips got ‘em to “reinstate” me! [Gracias Mamacita!] Guess I’d better cool it on the videos for a bit! :-)

9. 72 MightyPamela
    May 4, 2014 at 9:15 pm

http://www.musicmonday.ca VC, this looks great!!

10. 73 MightyPamela
    May 4, 2014 at 9:17 pm

If Bo could speak, he might say, “Will I ever have ‘Her’ all to myself again”? How beautiful is he?? ;)

11. May 4, 2014 at 9:22 pm

12. 76 nospin
    May 4, 2014 at 9:24 pm

“hic” Chips? raotfl. You have the most amazing captions. hah!

May 4, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Every time i see that ‘Obama Girls’ picture, I pause and stare. It’s such a lovely, telling picture of the ladies in that family!

14. May 4, 2014 at 9:29 pm

We were able to spend an evening with the most magnificent Alonso King ….

… if you have any interest in dance at all, please find a way to see a performance of his Lines Ballet, in masterpieces like …

Have had the good fortune to enjoy, first hand, many of the great companies and choreographers of the 20th and 21st Century. Alonso is a giant among giants.

Thought this would be a nice break from Ukraine and Syria and other tragic challenges humanity must confront and prevail.

• 83 Dudette
      May 4, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Delicious! Thank you for posting these Bob!!!

• May 4, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Thanks Bob, was this your treat last night?

• May 4, 2014 at 9:40 pm

You’re welcome, CarolMae. We were with a different, local dance company last night. Friday night was filled with Alonzo and his magnificent Lines Ballet :)

• 88 Obama Grandmama
          May 5, 2014 at 2:14 am

Thanks for adding dance to our performance arts gatherings. I spent many years of my younger life in performance related to dance. My youngest daughter started dancing at three. She danced through high school, college and currently includes dance with acting and singing on stage in Chicago. I absolutely love to watch So You Think You Can Dance with young dancers facing a future career in dance.

• May 4, 2014 at 9:48 pm

thank you…I will pass this on to my granddaughter…she is 11

my granddaughter is in training….ballet and rhythmic gymnastics…she aspires to represent the USA in the 2024 summer
      Olympics….smiling….

• 90 purpleshoesla
      May 5, 2014 at 1:41 am

BobFr Thanks so much for posting this! I love dance. I had never heard of this dance company nor Alonzo King (much to my chagrin). But the things one can learn just hanging out at TOD. :smile: And they are performing in San Diego in two weeks. So I am going to take my Mom as an extra Mother’s Day treat. Perfect timing!!

15. May 4, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Hesitant to bring this up………Kent State shootings 44 years ago today. Should be one of those “never forget” dates in our history.

• 92 Dudette
      May 4, 2014 at 9:34 pm

“Should be one of those “never forget” dates in our history.” Absolutely tnmtngirl.

• May 4, 2014 at 9:36 pm

It is for me tnmtngirl, burned into my memory. Anderson Cooper is doing a special. Hoping I set DVR right.

• May 4, 2014 at 9:41 pm

We had moved to (northern) OH two months before. I remember so clearly all the coverage, the scenes……..horrific and such a sad day for our country.

• May 4, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Assure you, tnmtngirl, I will never forget it!!! Thank you.

• 97 Cindy
      May 4, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Happy Sunday evening tnmtngirl!

You are so correct on this. I will remember this for the rest of my life, and will never forget the picture of the young lady kneeling down by the student who had been killed.

• May 4, 2014 at 10:06 pm

It’s good to be reminded of events that shaped this nation and a generation.

I think that’s why I have a hard time relating to the young POV on sites like Gawker, Slate, Buzzfeed, etc.

They anguish over a misplaced comma or two spaces between sentences instead of one. This is what is important to those in the click-bait business.

I was in high school and one of my classmates (a Princess in our local annual parade) was very vocal that the National Guard had the right to shoot those young people because some of them had thrown rocks at the Guard. My first experience with rightwing POV, I think.

A couple of years later, about the same time of year, I was leaving a class at UCLA in the afternoon, and for some reason (can’t remember now), there were SWAT LAT officers with helmets who were clubbing young men over the head in the quad. It was very scary, but I do remember that it was only males that the officers attacked. I don’t think this incident made the news, but it was definitely an abuse of police authority.

16. 99 Dudette
    May 4, 2014 at 9:36 pm

17. May 4, 2014 at 9:37 pm

18. 102 peppylepew
    May 4, 2014 at 9:49 pm

So Lara Logan CBS consulted with Sen Graham for that botch Benghazi story. Why are we just now learning of this?

May 4, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Happy b’day CarolMa(e)y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

May 4, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Frustration!!! Chips, I was trying to save that picture of Bo and Sunny sitting (calmly and maturely) on the chairs so that I could send it to my nephew (as a hint of what’s expected were he to come visit), but of course I couldn’t! Gave up after several attempts. Very frustrating!

• May 4, 2014 at 9:57 pm

你不是很易怒的,是吗?SMH (You’re not very techy, are you? SMH)

May 4, 2014 at 9:59 pm

This is soooo NOT funny! :grin: :grin: I post a complaint how I can’t capture a stationary dog picture from the flickr link and, of course, it uploads RIGHT UNDER the dancing cat posted my that great big show-off, whose name I won’t call!

• 110 99ts
        May 4, 2014 at 10:03 pm

um – if you use windows – go to the picture above (forget flickr) – right click – and select “save image as”

If you use the other sort of computer (which is way overpriced for poor me) – I have no idea.

May 4, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Thanks, TS, but I wasn’t after the pic in this post. There was another picture of Bo and Sunny each sitting on a chair right beside a table that was beautifully set. They looked like they were going to have a very formal meal, AND they were quite respectful of the glassware, etc. It would have been sure to impress DannyO – I hoped.

21. 114 Dudette