May

A Tweet or Eight

Oh, because it can never be posted enough:

And a ninth – from our beloved Shipmate:

Chat on – and thank you again to Nerdy for the absolutely beautiful posts today, and to Jacqueline for her gorgeous poem.

Oh, I love you people.

125 Responses to “A Tweet or Eight”

May 26, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Clay Aiken is going to be America’s first gay President. Yes, you heard it first from me on TOD on this Memorial Day, May 25, 2014…

2. 24 donna dem 4 obama
    May 26, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Chips you are too much!!!! #GrandBabiesForObama :)

BTW Chips this is my newest follower. You cannot convince me that this is only 140 characters. :shock:

3. 27 donna dem 4 obama
    May 26, 2014 at 8:23 pm

4. May 26, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Stunning:

May 26, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Coates’ articles always boil down to his ultimate disapproval of PBO…no matter what the topic, headline, issue, etc…

6. 34 GGail
    May 26, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Furst!?

7. 42 donna dem 4 obama
    May 26, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I guess I somehow missed this whole dust up but it seems that JoeSchmo has pissed off the #UniteBlue crew. :?:

8. 43 Nena20409
    May 26, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Au for CarolMaeWY ;)

Congratulations.

May 26, 2014 at 8:40 pm

• 46 99ts
      May 26, 2014 at 9:59 pm

So a “journalist covering national security @ nbc news investigative unit” had to have snark explained to him on the twitter. No wonder they love the RWNJs – they don’t understand snark either.

• 47 99ts
      May 26, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Sorry hf – WP is either putting my posts in spam today – or adding them at random to other folks posts – sigh

10. 49 Nena20409
    May 26, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Marvin Gaye’s interpretation of Our National Anthem Song in 1983 at the All Stars Basket Ball is my Favorite version.

11. 50 yardarm756
    May 26, 2014 at 8:44 pm

May 26, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Important Must Read; http://www.nationalmemo.com/vote-vets-chair-jon-soltz-critics-demanding-shinseki-resignation-hypocrites/

Joe Conason: How bad are the problems at the VA?

Jon Soltz: The problems at the VA have always been there. At times they’ve been worse than others. I think part of the reason we’re seeing the backlog right now is that President Obama has opened up the claims process [in the VA health care system] to a lot of people. So he made it easier for a lot of people to make claims. Under previous administrations, you used to have to fight to make a claim if you were a Vietnam veteran affected by Agent Orange, or a Gulf War veteran with Gulf War syndrome. When you have a lot of veterans coming into the system and making claims, and you [already] had a million veterans who were uninsured looking to the VA to get health insurance now, I think there’s a lot of reasons for the backlog. The question is, did anybody die of it? And we don’t know yet – we have to wait and see how the investigation unfolds.

Conason: Have you known Iraq and Afghanistan vets who ended up on long waiting lists for VA care?

Soltz: Most of the people on the waiting lists are what we call secondary claims. They’re already in the system for care. What they’re waiting on is a disability claim. They may already be 50 percent for PTSD or 30 percent for a broken arm. They’re in the system and they can get their care. What they’re waiting on is an additional disability rating to get them more care. So most of the people who are on the waiting lists aren’t necessarily not being seen – they’re just waiting to see whether they will get more disability money from the government. I don’t know anybody personally who was on a wait list and not getting care.

Excellent read.

• May 26, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Great points df. I remember he talked about that, opening up the system, I think it may have been when he nominated Gen Shinseki. Michelle & Jill did a lot of behind the scenes work too.

13. 55 MadameSoph
    May 26, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Thank you Chips and thank you to Nerdy Wonka for the beautiful posts today!

I am grateful every day for this haven of info and love for PBO and his supporters. Thank you to all who contribute! You have saved my sanity and calmed my soul on more than one occasion!

14. 56 yardarm756
    May 26, 2014 at 8:51 pm

See if ya can find yardarm. :)

15. May 26, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Hope everyone at TOD extends congratulations to President Elect Poroshenko and FM Yatsenyuk …

16. May 26, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Peeking in as my weekend sabbatical draws to a close.

Again, the happiest of Memorial Days to all those who served and who love them. Yep, looking at you Sailor and Jovie.

I’m sure I’ll have lots to catch up on. It’s been nice to be off of Twitter and the blogs for a few days. But I’m getting antsy. I have to learn how to relax.

17. May 26, 2014 at 9:10 pm

18. May 26, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Today I went to visit my Dad with my boys and we had a really beautiful day–mostly just sitting on the porch looking at the clouds go by and watching the ocean just do its thing. A friend of his sent him a video that he took while he was in Vietnam from July 26, 1966 to August 1, 1967. There was only one scene showing fighting. Most of the video was of some of his excursions into the countryside, life in Saigon and even a Bob Hope Christmas show. My dad’s friend is in his 70s now but there were a few images of him as a young man. Then there were some scenes showing the aftermath of a mortar attack on their camp where their Sargeant was killed the night before he was supposed to go home. It was so strange just seeing scenes of ordinary life–lots of kids and pigs and ducks and life in the villages interspersed with scenes from the “tunnel rats” going into the tunnels. It wasn’t at all what I expected. I can’t imagine what that experience must have been like and especially being so young and so far away from home. I think we take a lot of our way of life for granted and perhaps if we appreciated it more we (not the TOD community we-just in general) wouldn’t spend so much time arguing and complaining.

• May 26, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Yes, I watched a history show of Vietnam Vets just about what it was like in battle with a few newsreels interspersed. I really felt the chaos and anxiety.

19. 93 donna dem 4 obama
    May 26, 2014 at 9:29 pm

20. May 26, 2014 at 9:50 pm

May 26, 2014 at 9:51 pm

friggin’ pigeons. #10hourbeautysleepcutshort.

May 26, 2014 at 9:55 pm

May 26, 2014 at 9:56 pm

24. May 26, 2014 at 9:56 pm

May 26, 2014 at 9:57 pm

May 26, 2014 at 10:02 pm

nice job, job. #todpoet

May 26, 2014 at 10:15 pm

28. May 26, 2014 at 10:36 pm

I have finally caught up on all the wonderful threads. It’s been sweet and sad. Thanks to everyone who served and is still serving this nation in the armed services. And thanks to their families.

I thought I’d post this from “Take 6″ – The Star Spangled Banner

29. 124 HZ
    May 27, 2014 at 1:46 am

Thank you Yardarm for that handsome photo, and thank you so much for your service to all of us.

Jacqueline, your gift of writing is so beautiful. The poetry is so fitting. So much talent to enjoy and respect. Thank you.

Donna, the twins are beautiful. What a wonderful historical photo this will be for them forever. Thank you, Donna.

Carol, the tribute to your cousin is so touching. Thank you for sharing it will your TOD family. What a beautiful and respectful tribute.
    President Obama while standing and waving below, arranged that photo that VP Biden took. What a wonderful team they are to all of us.

Thanks to Chips, and to Nerdy W., for all of the beautiful Memorial Day Tributes. This has been a wonderful, emotional, sacred, and beautiful day of honor, love, compassion, and respect from our POTUS, FLOTUS, VPOTUS, and SLOTUS. I have never seen or felt so much love and compassion and respect for our men and women in our military. (In my lifetime) I truly believe that we will Never see it again. There is only one President Barack Obama and VP Joe Biden. The best team.

Thank all of my TOD family who gave their service to all of us by serving this nation. May your spaces be forever filled with grace, beauty, love,honor, and total respect. {{{{{{{{{{{{ Thank you all}}}}}}}}}}}} Good Night everyone. Love you all so much. HZ

RSS OFA