May

Healthy Kids And Safe Sports Concussion Summit

68170d10feb99014550f6a706700e923

President Barack Obama hugs Victoria Bellucci, a 2014 graduate of Huntingtown High School in Huntingtown, Md., after she introduced Obama to speak at the White House Healthy Kids & Safe Sports Concussion Summit, in the East Room of the White House in Washington. Bellucci played four years of women’s varsity soccer where she was a team captain and an All-State selection. By the time her high school and club soccer careers ended in 2013, Bellucci had suffered five concussions. President Obama was hosting the summit with representatives of professional sports leagues, coaches, parents, young athletes, researchers and others to call attention to the issue of youth sports concussions.

2014-05-29T162241Z_1565900489_GM1EA5U00WS01_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA

President Barack Obama talks at the White House Healthy Kids & Safe Sports Concussion Summit. Listening is Dr. Gerard Gioia

2014-05-29T161420Z_1311490496_GM1EA5U00J701_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA

President Barack Obama is introduced by Victoria Belluci of Huntington, Md. at the White House Healthy Kids & Safe Sports Concussion Summit. Listening are moderator Pam Oliver and Dr. Gerard Gioia

CBS: President Obama Calls For More Robust Research Into Youth Concussions

The commander-in-chief wants to know more.  President Barack Obama called Thursday for more robust research into youth concussions, saying there remains deep uncertainty over both the scope of the troubling issue and the long-term impacts on young people. “We want our kids participating in sports,” Obama said as he opened a day-long summit on concussions at the White House. “As parents though, we want to keep them safe and that means we have to have better information.” The summit signaled an effort by Obama to use the power of the presidency to elevate a national conversation over youth concussions. The White House brought together representatives of professionalsports leagues, coaches, parents, young athletes, medical professionals and others for the event.

Obama, an avid sports fan and father of two daughters involved in athletics, highlighted millions of dollars in pledges and other support from the National Football League, the National Institutes of Health and others to conduct research that could begin to provide answers and improve safety. Among the financial commitments is a $30 million joint research effort by the NCAA and Defense Department and an NFL commitment of $25 million over the next three years to promote youth sports safety. A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury that can be caused by a blow to the head, or a blow to the body powerful enough to jostle the brain around inside the skull. Nearly 250,000 kids and young adults visit hospital emergency rooms each year with brain injuries caused by sports or other recreational activity, the White House said.

More here

f0d13039fec39014550f6a706700dff8

President Barack Obama shakes hands with former football player Lavar Arrington, as former professional soccer player and current ESPN analyst Taylor Twellman watches

2014-05-29T160413Z_546934252_GM1EA5U001U01_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA

50fa213bfec79014550f6a7067002fe1

5d24ddc3feb48f14550f6a706700b733

USA Today: Obama: We Need ‘Better Data’ On Sports Concussions

President Obama told a White House meeting of athletes, coaches and medical experts Thursday that there are no “solid numbers” on the extent of the concussion problem in football and other contact sports. “We’ve got to have better research, better data, better safety equipment, better protocols,” Obama said at the first White House Healthy Kids & Safe Sports Concussion Summit. While “sports are vital to this country,”

Obama said, society needs to make sure that young people “are able to participate as safely as possible.” The purpose of the summit is to look for better ways to determine the severity of head injuries that could affect the brain, and how to treat them. Moreover, adults need to discourage a “suck-it-up” culture that encourages young athletes to pay through pain, Obama said.

More here

03be0055feb89014550f6a70670064b2

President Barack Obama speaks at the White House Healthy Kids and Safe Sports Concussion Summit. Pictured from left to right: LaVar Arrington, former NFL linebacker; Victoria Bellucci, a high school soccer player from Huntingtown, Md.; Taylor Twellman, former professional soccer player; Gen. Ray Odierno, Chief of Staff of the United States Army; R. Dawn Comstock, who runs the national high school sports injury surveillance program called High School RIO; Gerard A Gioia, Chief of the Division of Pediatric Neuropsychology at Children’s National Medical Center, Pam Oliver, a reporter with NFL on FOX

d9360f36feb99014550f6a7067006707

2014-05-29T160901Z_1161868378_GM1EA5U00A201_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA

248c50e7feca9014550f6a706700a701

94 Responses to “Healthy Kids And Safe Sports Concussion Summit”

1. 4 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    May 29, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I WATCHED PBO’S ADDRESS…THE CONCUSSION SUMMIT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEEDED….WONDERFUL IDEA AND LEAVE IT TO HIM TO ‘DO SOMETHING’ BECAUSE HE IS COMPASSIONATE ABOUT KIDS AND SPORTS.
    PLEASE DO NOT GET RID OF SHINSEKI….NOT HIS FAULT…DECADES OF POOR TREATMENT. THEY JUST WANT TO HANG SOMETHING ON PBO’S ADMIN. EACH HOSPITAL INVOLVED NEEDS A HANDS ON CLEAN-OUT!
    POINTS RAISED AGAINST MICHELLE’S LUNCH PROGRAM….IF IT WERE ANOTHER FIRST LADY…YOU WOULDN’T HEAR A WORD…AND WHAT MIGHT HELP IS SCHOOLS RECEIVING MENU IDEAS…ALOT OF PEOPLE DON’T KNOW HOW TO COOK VEGGIE DISHES…AND THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS THAT KIDS COULD ENJOY HEALTHY EATING. DON’T GIVE UP ON THIS ONE…IT IS NEEDED!

• May 29, 2014 at 4:41 pm

The discussion afterwards was good. Because my Doc. Amk and LP have limited my reading and writing time on the computer it was good to listen too. Unfortunately I don’t much else of what’s happening at TOD or anywhere else. :/ I really don’t want to listen the snowdon interview. What was the reaction at TOD in short?

May 29, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Sue Duvall Smith, you are so right concerning these healthy lunch program, it is all about politics. Anything thing or anyone Obama these sorry ass Republicans hates. These Republicans says these healthy lunches is expensive, guess what so is having obese kids who develop diseases who become obese adults who have to have medical care. And don’t leave out the food industry who want to get their frozen sugary food back in those schools, there lobbying is behind this too.

2. 9 Gazelle
    May 29, 2014 at 4:12 pm

From: http://thegrio.com/2014/04/28/watch-soccer-player-dani-alves-interesting-response-to-banana-taunt/

VILLARREAL, Spain (AP) — Barcelona defender Dani Alves responded to a racist taunt when a banana landed at his feet during Sunday’s game at Villarreal by picking up the fruit, peeling and then eating it before proceeding to take a corner kick.

/////

“If you don’t give it importance, they don’t achieve their objective.”

May 29, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I <3 these genuine hugs that the Obamas give!

Well Hel-llllooo there, Cookemom! I see you have dropped in on us this afternoon – it sure is good to see you! :) :)

• 11 1&2rme
      May 29, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I was on my way to somewhere else (not sure where exactly), found the door open, decided to poke my head in an holla on this great getting up day in the land of TOD. Now off I go to wherever it was that I was going. Good to see you too!

• May 29, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Ok this is my third attempt to reply to you, so it this one doesn’t work, then I’ll just have to give you a cybernod. I just happened to be in the neighborhood, passing through on my way to somewhere else (not sure where, exactly though). Anyway, I found the door open and thought I’d poke my head in to say hey on this great getting up day in the land of TOD. Now, off I go to where ever it was that i was going. Good to see you too!

• 14 cookemom
        May 29, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Whew! Finally a comment posted. Now where was I? Oh that’s right, I wasn’t sure. So have a good day all you TODs.

May 29, 2014 at 4:36 pm

3rd attempt, eh? And here I was thinking you were ignoring me. :) Glad you made it through this time, and hope you find your way to wherever you were headed.
        Oops! Wait a minute! Should I be concerned about early onset memory problems? ;) ;)

• 16 cookemom
          May 29, 2014 at 5:46 pm

No not yet, but I’m sure I lost a few brain cells trying to log in via Firefox and Explorer. Evidently, WP is picky about double log-ins and stuffs. That’ll teach me to wander through open doorways.

May 29, 2014 at 4:22 pm

5. May 29, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Great personal stories

6. May 29, 2014 at 4:29 pm

These people are truly gutless self-serving politicians.

• 21 Gazelle
      May 29, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Effers! He needs to concentrate on his own damn organization and the shitty job they’re doing. I’m joining Dump DCCC Bandwagon. OK, Meta, a few more choice words to myself & I’ll be oh so much better! :)

• May 29, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I hear you, Gazelle. These guys drive me nuts.

I unsubscribed from the DCCC. Screw that negative garbage they spew day in and day out.

May 29, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Well, two people in the Dem party I consider to be real “Leaders” are President Obama and Nancy Pelosi. And neither of them have called for Shinseki’s firing.

May 29, 2014 at 4:48 pm

• 25 Obama Grandmama
        May 29, 2014 at 5:30 pm

It seems to me that politicians just want to fire someone in hopes that the media will then lose interest and move on regardless of whether it addresses and solves the problem. They figure it does. It solves their problem, the only one they really care about mainly getting re-elected.

• 27 COS
        May 29, 2014 at 6:30 pm

If they continue this, they need not ask me for another penny. They should realize that this is the type of thing that turn voters off. Democrats praise leadership when they stick together. This is very upsetting to me that they would treat a veteran who has done nothing but try to help other veterans this shabby.

• May 29, 2014 at 4:49 pm

These people make me sick. We have a democrat running for Governor here in Arizona and I received a donation request from him today. He was in the Clinton administration. He is calling for Shinseki’s resignation and I wrote back and said that I was really disappointed in him and the Democrats that are jumping on the GOP bandwagon and was rethinking supporting his campaign. I said that there has been decades of problems with the VA and that even the Clinton Administration had them. I hope the President stands firm and ignores the calls for Shinseki’s resignation. Otherwise this witch hunt will continue.

• 30 HZ
        May 29, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Thank you, Jackie for your actions. HZ

May 29, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Generally these people show such poor LEADERSHIP skills – they are willing to sweep people away at the blink of an eye – or the screech of pundits – before responsibly verifying the situation. Drives me nutso that their buttons are so easily pushed, because it makes me question their decision making skills AND their loyalty. Who would feel comfortable working for someone who is so quick to turn their backs on them?

• May 29, 2014 at 5:07 pm

GEEZE, Jackie. You mean this is a campaign slogan now? I mean, especially in AZ????? GAH.

• 33 Vicki
      May 29, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Very difficult to tell the “democratic” leadership from the GOP these days.
      All one big family now.

All will be singing the same song on Obamacare. All will vow to “fix” the ACA.
      All ignored the brilliant groundbreaking foreign affairs events POTUS did in the past few days.
      All singing for a head to fall and all will fail to mention that the funding of the VA has been withheld. Witheld by whom? The Repubs.

It feels to me that the Democratic Party is desperate to lose 2014. I can only hope that voters will overrule the politicians.

• 34 EricFive
        May 29, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Maybe you should take a little break from the 24 hour news cycle. It does seem to have the uncanny effect of demoralizing dems. Some guy at the dccc .and afew spineless dem senators are not “dem leaders” regardless of what the headline says. Sen Reid, Nancy Smash, VP and PBO are the only party leaders that count. Most of this stuff will be forgotten by this time next week. The msm/gop will concoct something else to depress you by then. OG expertly explained upthread why some pols are so quick to throw people under the bus. Bill Clinton was infamous for doing this during his presidency, remember Lani Granier? PBO has integrity and is not ruled by the 24hr news cycle. This is why he ignored similar calls to fire AG Holder.

• 35 Ladyhawke
      May 29, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Gutless wonders, unbelievable.

May 29, 2014 at 5:34 pm

No, I saw exactly what Steve Israel said. He asked the DOJ for a criminal investigation, he said if getting rid of Shinseki would solve the problem alone, he would call for him to go right now, the main thing he want is for the veterans to get the care they deserve. He did not come out and say that Shinseki should go, he was not into playing politics cause he spoke of the VA problems in 2008, nothing was done. I’m sure he said more, but this is some of what I heard him say.

• 37 Cha
      May 30, 2014 at 12:17 am

Maybe President Obama will come out again and explain his support for Shineski and politely tell them to stfu? That would be great!

7. May 29, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Thank you for posting again. I missed the introduction. ;) Congrats on first to whoever it was. I forgot to check before starting this note. O_o Love the color of her dress. I’d have to were a longer version. My knees aren’t as nice anymore. They didn’t improve with age. ;)

8. May 29, 2014 at 4:41 pm

9. 46 HZ
    May 29, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Hello Chips and TOD family. He will always keep working and making a difference for the good of all people. Thank you, Mr. President.

Also, I am in total agreement with SUE. Your comment is so on point. We will continue work with PBO, and may he look at the facts fairly, consider the needs of the VA carefully, and be granted wisdom, calmness, and fairness to all concerning this huge issue.HZ

10. 47 Vicki
    May 29, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Michael Eric Dyson in for Ed! Top story Obamacare and Mitch McConnell. Hopefully with a pro ACA and democratic slant. Let’s see.

I think Ed is on his way out but I hope I am wrong.

• 48 Vicki
      May 29, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Dr. Dyson with Congresswoman Jan Schakowski are rocking!!! Now Wendell Potter former insurance company exec is singing the praises of Obamacare.
      This is what we like to see.

11. 51 GGail
    May 29, 2014 at 5:17 pm

By the time the Obama Administration leaves the White House, it’s gonna need new carpet and paint for “Uncle” Barack and “Aunt” Michelle have truly opened the House up to the American people.

God bless them!

12. May 29, 2014 at 5:17 pm

• May 29, 2014 at 5:37 pm

“I don’t know what it is, but something has changed, literally in the last several days, in the ATO [anti-terrorist operation] zone.

clip

The guys are ready. They have already crossed the line between peace and war. They are ready both mentally and physically. They are even better equipped than a month ago, thanks to Ukrainian civilians. What remains is to just begin and finish.

The past two days have shown that the format [of the ATO] has definitely changed. It has become tougher. More professional. More combat-like. Thoroughly. Jokes are over.”

• 54 Vicki
      May 29, 2014 at 5:42 pm

WOW!!! Couldn’t be clearer.

13. May 29, 2014 at 5:18 pm

I’m furious. No matter what happens with Sec Shinseki, they should not be jumping to conclusions at this juncture. To think they’re in a position to run our government!

May 29, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Media quiet on this topic – especially NBC which was busy touting their interview and pimping Snowden hashtag yesterday

May 29, 2014 at 5:31 pm

16. 58 dotster3
    May 29, 2014 at 5:31 pm

I agree with God. Some days there is so much b.s. I can’t believe it. I’m totally disgusted by all those jumping on the Dump Shinseki bandwagon—-like that will solve anything, especially problems that have existed for as long as I have heard of the VA—-and then with Repubs refusing additional funding and the huge influx of Iraq and Afghanistan vets with so many serious injuries and issues—–politically calling for Shinseki’s head is so stupid. And the whole Snowden hype, with the media just swooning over how “smart” and sincere and what a great fella he is—–and what a great service he has done—–with no regard for the harm and the laws he’s broken or the lies he’s told—the injustice of it all—-and everything is PBO’s fault—–everything always gets politically thrown around his neck—–it’s infuriating beyond belief and enough to make me want to run away to Costa Rica, or something—–or at least agree with God.

17. May 29, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Hi everyone. Been a crazy few days with work and kids. My son surprised me with a project (a diorama on an author) due tomorrow!! Going to buy poster board, glue, a new printer cartridge and some other supplies. Wish me luck!!

• 60 MightyPamela
      May 29, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Good luck! It will fun, lots of pressure, but fun!

• 61 99ts
      May 29, 2014 at 6:51 pm

A world wide phenomena with children – they remember school projects the day before they are due & just know that Mom can sort it for them :)

18. May 29, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I think I’m officially in a bad mood.

May 29, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Well I guess Obama was getting ready to hand the oval office to Hillary since you people have already ordain her the President already.

May 29, 2014 at 5:35 pm

20. 69 carolyn
    May 29, 2014 at 5:48 pm

My husband and I watched The World Wars on the History Channel this week. It was on three nights, covering 1914-1945. It basically followed five people throughout this period: Hitler, Stalin, Churchill, FDR, Patton and MacArthur. A very limited focus. However, we did learn a few new things, particularly in episodes 1 & 2. Episode 3 , however, on World War II, was really bad. The war in Europe part never once mentioned General Eisenhower, which we could not believe. They were so enamored of Patton one was led to believe he was the hero of the European theater. I will say that both MacArthur and Patton were shown for the egomaniacs they were.

Another big problem we had was some of the commenters slotted in for useless remarks. We could not believe it, but John McCain, Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney were actually given commentary parts, short, but unbelievable. Colin Powell and McChrystal had larger commentary parts, and Lieberman commented on the Holocaust in the World War II segment. His mother in law was a survivor of the camps.

There was not as much content as there could have been, because at least fifteen minutes of each night was repeating video and commentary from the previous night or previewing the next night.

We have not watched the History Channel for several years, and looking at trailers for upcoming shows, know we will not be watching.
    They constantly advertised the upcoming shows: Swamp People, Mountain Men, American Pickers, Top Gear, Pawnography…..as I said when I wrote the History channel about World Wars and the upcoming shows….all these upcoming shows are about bearded, slovenly, white men playing at their expensive hobbies. I suggested they were aiming for an uneducated audience. Is this the channel Duck Dynasty was on?

Also……I’m wondering who paid for this World Wars show. I checked and GE owns the channel.

• 70 99ts
      May 29, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Pierce agreed with your commentary

“When History goes badly”

“And, for me, anyway, the positive nadir came when Colin Powell popped up to wax Polonius on how hard it is for American presidents to commit the country to a war that the people of the country do not want to fight. ………

How Powell was able to say that without his tongue bursting into flames is beyond me, and how nobody in The History Channel’s editing bays caught the bloody irony of the moment is extraordinary. It was enough to make me doubt everything I’ve ever watched there. I’m not even sure about the Annunaki any more.”

21. May 29, 2014 at 5:52 pm

22. 72 MightyPamela
    May 29, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Came back from the sports ortho clinic with some fascinating news. Got sidetracked by this NSA story, and without typing in the name of the main character in this ‘mystery’, I want to share my thoughts from early today: whatever he may think he has done, whatever he may think he is still doing, by choosing Russia, and selling out to Putin, this person has wittingly or unwittingly put himself into a hostage situation. I have little to no sympathy or compassion for him. So he wants to come ‘home’, but the State Department has stranded him in Russia? Is he kidding? PBO has wisely, and true to form, allowed this to play out on its own. Even if the State Department was willing to send a jet today, why does anyone think Putin will agree to turn him over, particularly not without some high level of ransom? The guys’ life is worth nothing to Putin, and no demands will be met by the US. So, perhaps this person of questionable intelligence, and verifiable lunacy, may have to find a way to make peace that he may very well live out the rest of his days in Russia, however long the rest of his days may be. I feel at this point, so much damage has been done, he is expendable. I will not watch this interview, and this comment is all I will contribute to the topic. I choose not to add to the flames by giving it oxygen. The End.

23. 77 dotster3
    May 29, 2014 at 5:55 pm

In tennis news—–another Chicagoan advances in the French Open—-Donald Young, who is friends with 18 yr. old Taylor Townsend who pulled off a huge upset yesterday to advance—-beat a 26th seed to move on to the 3rd round. Yay Chicago!

• 78 CEB
      May 29, 2014 at 6:21 pm

This is so cool! Thanks for the link. I see a visit to the white house for these young people.

• May 29, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I’m happy for Taylor, but Donald Young has been a disappointment….he was touted as the next great U.S. phenom, but has yet to deliver. He signed a huge Nike deal before turning pro and has not fully panned out….hope he finally breaks through! The U.S. has no young exciting players performing consistently…….but this kid may be the real deal… 16-year-old Francis Tiafoe….they moved from Haiti and lived in the basement of Tennis Club where his father was a groundskeeper…….Check out this great profile: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/sports/wp/2014/05/17/an-improbable-tennis-prodigy/

24. 80 Linda
    May 29, 2014 at 5:57 pm

GOP Hypocrites Call Vets Benefits Too Expensive But Want a $600 Billion Tax Cut for Business

Senate Republicans blocked a $21 billion plan to build new VA clinics because they said it was too expensive, but today House Republicans advanced a $600 billion tax cut for business.

Today, the House Ways and Means Committee advanced a bill that would give businesses a $600 billion tax cut. Democrats have been opposed to the Republican plan to add nearly $300 billion to the deficit without paying for it. According to The Hill, “As with the research tax break, Democrats said they generally supported the incentives considered by the committee. But none of them voted for any of the tax breaks, insisting they couldn’t get on board with clearing another slate of tax breaks that would add more than $300 billion to the deficit. In all, the dozen preferences approved by the Ways and Means panel over the last four weeks cost $600 billion over a decade.”

25. May 29, 2014 at 6:02 pm

26. May 29, 2014 at 6:07 pm

27. May 29, 2014 at 6:25 pm

“Edward Snowden, the former NSA contractor responsible for one of the most significant leaks of classified information in U.S. history, has been portrayed as many things: a traitor, a hero, a spy and a ne’er-do-well computer genius with something to prove. And until Wednesday night, he was also thought of as one of the most thoughtful, careful and meticulous whistleblowers in modern history.

But there’s one problem with the image of Edward Snowden, the meticulous, careful, big-thinking defender of privacy and anti-surveillance ninja: He stole everything at NSA but his own emails allegedly showing he tried to report his concerns about domestic surveillance to the appropriate authorities through the appropriate channels.

Snowden emailIn an hour-long interview broadcast Wednesday night on NBC, Snowden told NBC Nightly News’ Brian Williams he made several attempts to bring his concerns to NSA officials in his chain of command, before deciding to leak thousands of documents detailing NSA surveillance programs to journalists.

“The NSA has the records,” he said. “And the response more or less, in bureaucratic language, was, ‘You should stop asking questions.’”

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence released Thursay the only known email from Snowden. It was a message to NSA’s general counsel in which Snowden asked for clarification on the difference between executive orders and statutes.”

– See more at: http://fedscoop.com/the-documents-edward-snowden-forgot-to-steal/#sthash.ozusq77q.dpuf

28. 85 Nena20409
    May 29, 2014 at 6:30 pm

:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

The ratings for last night’s NBC News exclusive interview, Inside The Mind of Edward Snowden, are in and while the special presentation did well in the 18-49 demographic, it still drew less viewers overall than a repeat episode of CSI on CBS.

In total viewers, the Snowden special had 5.91M total viewers at 10 p.m. while CSI had 6.14M. NBC did lead the time slot in the demo with 1.3 ratings compared to CBS’ 1.1. In both categories, a new episode of ABC’s Motive came in third with 3.95M total viewers and a 0.9 rating in the demo.

////

Full Disclosure, I have No intention of watching this Traitor.
    BWilliams get 9M for his Nightly news. And the NBC apparatus and their Media brethren have been promoting this ESnowden, the treasonous vagabond. Most Americans said: Nope, Not Us.

29. 86 Nena20409
    May 29, 2014 at 6:44 pm

John Boehner has said when asked that he is Not a Scientist and therefore, he is not qualified to say anything on the Climate Change. He said in 2012 and later that it was Not his job to tell his party who were and are in denial of pres Obama’s birthright. He was Not able in 2011 or 2013 to strike deals on the US Debt Ceiling, Budget, Immigration, etc.

Yet Not once did the DC/NY Media types ever use the Words Incompetent, Weak, Lacking Leadership or any of the disparaging words that are freely and frequently spouted by these pundits when they attack, dehumanize and delegitimize the duly elected president of USA.

What we get from the DC/NY Journos are constant cheering of any wicked fool who screams and insults the POTUS.

30. 87 dotster3
    May 29, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Hypocrites! Creeps!

• 88 COS
      May 29, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Instead of the Democrats responding to Karl Rove and shouting this every chance they get, they choose to thrown Gen Shinseki under the bus.

31. May 29, 2014 at 6:55 pm

And another childhood hero bites the dust:

32. 93 MightyPamela
    May 29, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Chopsticks, no doubt now the cartoonist Mike Luckovich is a a TOD regular! He has been well-tutored by DannyStix, who we all know is far, far smarter than the characters portrayed in that climate change toon this morning!! Hil.ar.ious!!! :) :) {{{{{DannyStix}}}}} <3