Jun

GOP Bergdahl attack is about Erasing Obama’s National Security Creds

GOP Bergdahl attack is about Erasing PBO’s badass Creds

by @zizii2

It is sickening. It is disgusting. Attack an American POW and his family? Never happened before according to Media Matters. It is a new venal low for the Republican Party that many Americans thought could not sink any lower. Well, they have sunk that far into Hades, and they will do worse, because they have turned into an autoimmune disease that cannot but cannibalistically attack any and all body cells in sight. They’ve destroyed their own humanity and now prey on the rest of us with intent to dismantle the very foundations of our socius. Theirs is a cult of nihilism crossbred with wanton greed performing séances at the altar of the insatiable demon Hate who demands a never ending hatred-orgy at greater velocity every day. No let up.

The vicious frothing we’ve seen since this past weekend from Conservative wingnuts when news broke about the release of POW Bowe Bergdahl, is partly another chapter in Republicans’ unsuccessful attempts to reclaim the mantle of “strong on defense” party. But before we get to their real target, Obama, it is important to pause and let it sink in what they just did to Bowe Bergdahl’s family.

Bergdahl2

Never before has the family of a serving soldier been attacked for no other reason than their desire to see their child who is held in captivity, brought back home. Think about that. We’ve sung platitudes to the “families of our men and women in uniform,” joined them in tying yellow ribbons to trees in honor of the “brave soldiers,” and saluted their valor at parades, and on Memorial, Veterans, and Armistice Days.

cancellationh/t Aamon. Sad state of our country

We deck cars in “Support Our Troops” bumper stickers while waving American flags. Even at the height of the war in Vietnam when some liberals dissed returning soldiers for serving in an unpopular war, their families were off limits. Nobody thought families were fair game. Yet we’ve just seen Republicans and their megaphone FOX thrust a dagger into the very heart of the common bonds we hold (even hypocritically sometimes) as sacred Americana – flags, men and women in uniform, families and small towns sprucing up and decking streets in bunting and ribbons, kisses and tears of reunion, or standing at solemn attention as Taps waft over flag-draped coffins…. All that now superlaced with the poison of hatred and division. Yeah conservatives “built that”!!! And they PLANNED this ugliness as far back as 2011/2012 because they wanted to turn any possibility of Bowe Bergdahl’s release into President Obama’s “Willie Horton” moment in an election year. Again, let that sink in.

bergdahlThe late Michael Hastings reported this in 2012 in Rolling Stone Magazine

Republicans and their Conservative cronies have never forgiven President Obama for taking the mantle of “Nation’s Defender” away from them, which culminated in the spectacular fashion we all saw on the night of May 1, 2011 when OBL was killed. Well the feat was spectacular, but that’s not why they loathe him so much. They. Just. Cannot. Stand. That. He. Exposed. Their Lies. About. National Defense. Gravytrain. Spilled.

Long before he won election in 2008, hawks in the Republican Party and some in the Democratic Party sneered at what they believed was candidate Obama’s naiveté on Foreign Policy and military matters. He won. But they did not think he could or would be able to gut their sacred cows; namely 1) a runaway Military Industrial Complex, and 2) the godlike stature of the military brass to which all presidents were supposed to genuflect. At best they wishfully thought that President Obama would wallow narcissistically in the symbolism of being the FIRST African American President that he would not question the sacrosanctness of the power gears that “allowed” his “token” ride (that’s what they thought of his victory). They also thought he would not expose the LIE of American “meritocracy” that had hoodwinked many into believing that economic and social inequality was the result of merit.

But they should have actually listened to what PBO said in a CBS interview the day after his acceptance of the nomination at the Democratic National Convention in Denver in 2008. When asked about the symbolism of accepting the nomination on the exact day of the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” Speech, candidate Obama shot back “mine is not an exercise in symbolism”. Yes indeed. And so now we have full blown panicked vile attacks on him for daring to actually believe he was “PRESIDENT” with full constitutionally-backed authority to act prudently on behalf of the American people, sacred cows be damned!

60 minutesSource CBS 60 Minutes August 29 2008

Candidate Obama: “Look this is not a symbolic exercise on my part. I intend to win this race so that I can work on behalf of all families in America.”

From the beginning of his presidency, the conservatives, like Wile. E. Coyote. tried every which way to Sunday to sow doubt about young Democratic President’s “cajones” and each effort ended with a cartoonish bang in their faces. Today, people may not remember the sight of Newt Gingrich’s and Charles Krauthammer’s long faces frozen midsentence as they were pontificating to a gullible corporate press about PBO’s “weakness” re the Somali pirates taking American ship captain hostage in April 2009, when Breaking news piped in about the daring SEAL Team 6 rescue of Captain Philips, kill of the pirates, and capture of their leader.

Shameless conservatives only doubled down on their quest to deny President Obama credit for ALL foreign policy and national security accomplishments, such as how he: – Massaged Medvedev’s fragile ego to secure START Treaty that has reduced nuclear weapons stockpiles and nearly eliminated “loose nukes”, or got our allies to shoulder more of the cost of our collective security, or his Cairo Speech that savvily turned Middle East attention to internal rot and away from the “Great Infidel”, or giving Israeli and Palestinian leaders tough talk about peace deal being their only viable option for mutual survival, or presiding over the big kahuna itself, the OBL mission.

They certainly could not give President Obama credit for shrewdly maneuvering around the Arab Spring keg without getting US sucked into troop and massive financial commitments, or augmenting US military presence in Australia to checkmate China’s bullying bluster in the Pacific Rim, or boosting American energy independence thus weakening Middle East Oil’s stranglehold on our national Security interests, and absolutely not for seeding nascent American Alternative energy industry to give us moral and technological leverage to drag domestic and global naysayers kicking and screaming to the table in order to the clip fossil fuel behemoth’s wings. We saw the fruits of President Obama’s dogged determination in the face of toxic opposition in this week’s EPA announcement as well as other successes chalked under the political radar.

Naw, conservatives cannot give him an iota of credit. He unmasked their gravy train and exposed the hollowness of their claims of patriotism, support for troops or whatever hooey they have fed America’s gullible all this while and dutifully lapped up by the so-called 4th estate.

With their cords of human empathy severed, the only thing wingnuts’ jangled nerves and tissues are capable of is enacting odious spectacle and noise warfare that terrorize the human sensibilities the rest of us cling to. Psychopathy. Sociopathy. Squared. The profiteering conservative puppetmasters may be fighting tooth and nail for the preservation of their unfair unearned privilege. However their masses of sputtering minions have given up on civilization itself. Their jig is up. They cannot compete in a fair human society so destroy it all, they must. To say their fight is even existential is to mistakenly think they want to preserve themselves alone at least. No. They’re past that. Any sense of self-worth is long erased. They have the means, and now own the propaganda tools to engulf us totally in venal dross till we scream for mercy. No escape.

President Obama. One man. “Wrong color” in their fevered view. Standing up to an entire movement. We MUST ALL be up in arms fighting tooth and nail against this conservative cabal. Those misguidedly believing normalcy will return with the next President, I say, “Ha!” The ugliness we see against fellow Americans is the real America in the nude. All pretensions dropped.

President Obama WILL be fine after January 20th 2017. But will you?

154 Responses to “GOP Bergdahl attack is about Erasing Obama’s National Security Creds”

• 2 GGail
      June 4, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Congrats Carol on First :wink:

• 4 57andfemale
      June 4, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Carol, honey, how ya doing?

• June 4, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Hi great, how are you? Where a flower? :(

• 6 57andfemale
          June 4, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I tried to copy it but I was on the stupid tablet. I need to do it from a real computer. I’ll get right on it, I promise!

• June 4, 2014 at 6:03 pm

I find it easier on my iPad unless it’s too big. What kind of tablet do yo have?

• 8 57andfemale
              June 4, 2014 at 6:09 pm

a crappy Samsung that is four years old. It’s worthless except to play solitaire and google stuff.

• 12 57andfemale
              June 4, 2014 at 6:15 pm

I think I did it!

• 14 57andfemale
                  June 4, 2014 at 6:22 pm

I added the coral rose here, too, but I will change it at home with mega cute picture of my pups.

• 25 57andfemale
                  June 4, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Don’t like the coral rose on the black background of TOD. Must get pictures of Pearl and Nickelby up here. Can’t get a picture of all three of the pups and Kasper just scowls at me anyway.

• June 4, 2014 at 6:40 pm

It’s hard to get good pics of our dogs.

• 27 57andfemale
                      June 5, 2014 at 11:37 am

They constantly move, don’t they? Trying to get a cute photo of all three of them? Impossible.

• June 5, 2014 at 11:42 am

Really it is. We had professional do it for a “Fur for Kids Foundation” fundraiser and now I need to get them on the computer. It really was for a good cause. ;) ;)

• 29 57andfemale
                      June 5, 2014 at 12:00 pm

That’s great.

• June 5, 2014 at 12:14 pm

All around great for us and the Fur Kids. <3

• 31 57andfemale
                      June 5, 2014 at 12:22 pm

I came across one of my favorite photos of Pearl when I was transferring some work photos from a card. Mr. 57 picked up all the dog toys and dumped them in one of the dog beds. Now, in our house that’s about 20 toys, just on the floor of the living room. And Pearl had burrowed herself into that pile of toys. It’s hard to make her out, which is why it doesn’t post well, but she is so precious………

• June 5, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Wonderful, what mix of dog is she again? I only remember they’re smaller breeds. Memories. . .

• 33 57andfemale
                      June 5, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Pearl is the purebred yorkie that we rescued when she was 7 years old. She was a puppy mill breeder and they took her last litter and dumped her at a shelter. That was almost two years ago. She’s still bald in some places (nothing life threatening that we can determine) but she is a true little blossom in our life – brought total balance into the home and we adore her.

Nickelby is a cairn/silky terrier mix, about 23 pounds.

Kasper is a maltese/bichon mix – he should weigh about 13, 14 pounds but he’s a pudge ball that I’m afraid to put on the scale. He’s the one who was ripped apart by a pit bull and we nursed him back to health with the help of the great doggie ER near our home. It’s a miracle he survived. I’m a hell of a doggie nurse.

Kasper should have been named Cagney. Enough said.

• June 5, 2014 at 1:01 pm

I LOL! at Cagney! Pearl is home and at peace in her toys! Are we talking James Cagney? <3 I forget about the heart we can now make. That's why I'm using it. But also out of love for the story! I'm going to save this for future reference. ;) Kasper/Cagney is small though? Do you have a big house? Like four bedrooms, one for each dog and you and Mr. F7? Because your 57 are you the rich Heinz family! ;)

• 35 57andfemale
                      June 5, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Kasper is about 17 pounds. We are small dog people, so the house doesn’t have to be massive. They are people dogs, cuddlers. The sofa is plenty big for all of us. At night, the dogs move around: in bed, out of bed, on the floor, on their doggie beds, sofa. I end up on the sofa most nights – with my asthma I just breathe better propped up. Nickelby is always with me.

We adopted Nickelby when my beloved Pilgrim was nearer to the end than we realized. They were the best buddies, and Nickelby would watch over him. If he had a seizure, Nickelby would come running for me.

When we lost Pilgrim (to insulinoma, a cancer on the pancreas) I swear Pilgrim said, “You take care of my Mommy. That’s your job.” To which Nickelby tells me every day, “I love my job.”

Pilgrim was completely my dog, and I didn’t want that for Pearl – she could have easily bonded with me and only me. So I made sure she played with the boys and that Daddy was part of her life. Now she is loved by everyone and loves everyone. It’s a beautiful thing.

Yes – ‘Cagney’ like James Cagney – a little, stubborn, adorable, willful, bad-boy scrapper. He’s Daddy’s dog. We rescued him soon after we lost Pilgrim (I couldn’t stand being a one-dog family and in retrospect Nickelby would have been impossible welcoming another dog if we’d waited too long). But my heart was still raw. I remember Kasper a few days after we got him, shooting a look to Mr. 57 as if to say, “This lady is messed up but I’m making a leap of faith that you’ll love me.” He’s been Daddy’s boy ever since. Although we’re getting closer and he totally trusted me to help him after the attack.

• June 5, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Oh please keep a memoir of your writings about your sweethearts. I love dogs too and you write so well. I want to meet them. In photos I guess, like our lunch. ;) <3

• 37 57andfemale
                      June 5, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Cindy wants me to write children’s books, telling my doggie tales. I got a million of ‘em!

They are my ‘kids’. We’ve been through so much together. Their love is worth everything to me.

• June 5, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Great, start a private blog and start posting. When it’s to your liking make it public and submit to a publisher! It would be great for pet lovers and for you?

• 39 57andfemale
                      June 6, 2014 at 9:57 am

You mean the thing on wordpress that I never got around to? that blog?

Keep hounding me, girlfriend

• June 6, 2014 at 9:58 am

Look at your new flowery pic!!! Morning 57!

• 41 57andfemale
                      June 6, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Thank CarolMaeWY. She gave me many choices from which to ‘shop’. “FlowerInFaith” on twitter, hence the lovely rose.

Still intend to get a picture of the doggies for my avatar. Getting all three of them to pose is impossible.

• June 6, 2014 at 1:37 pm

:-) I can’t get Danny to pose, so I have absolutely NO clue how you’d get three to do it!!!

• 43 57andfemale
                      June 6, 2014 at 1:49 pm

One looks cute, the other two are a blur.

It’s the perfect shot and click! all three have managed to move, show me their butts in a split second.

Nickelby certainly doesn’t move that fast when he’s underfoot.

• June 6, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Yes, did you see mine on Memorial Day?

• June 6, 2014 at 1:24 pm

LP helped me start it. Of course I didn’t read direction. Highly suggest you read directions first! ;)

• 46 57andfemale
                      June 6, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I’m good at reading directions. A skill my mother pounded into me, thank God.

• June 6, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Good for her. I’m afraid I picked up Hubby’s bad habit. Used to read them.

• 48 57andfemale
                      June 6, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I have what would now be called ‘learning disabilities’. I’m left handed, everything was mirror image when I was little. My mother fought the school to not change me to right-handed because everything was chaos.

I was about 5 years old, and I wanted to learn how to knit and crochet. She started to teach me, and a major part of what she taught me was to follow directions, take each step, one-by-one. All my ‘mistakes’ came from rushing ahead before I understood the directions.

She would give me huge knotted balls of yarn for me to unravel and re-wind. “Take it apart, step by step,” how to loosen one strand to get the ball underneath, etc. And the same lessons applied to reading directions of knitting patterns, etc.

My mother ‘cured’ my learning disabilities because of these early lessons – by teaching me how to ‘see’, how to figure things out, how to work effectively with my hands. I learned how to take things apart in my head, solve the problem step-by-step. I would learn how to read in first grade, and come home and read knitting patterns.

She was an absolute treasure. I lost my dad when I had barely turned 19 and my mother two years later. I have the fondest memories of knitting, crocheting and embroidering under my mother’s loving tutelage and the precious time we shared.

I teach quilting. I’m a great quilt teacher. Because my I can talk someone back from a mistake, take things apart in their heads, and have them do things correctly step-by-step, then put it together quickly and pattern it into their minds and their fingers. All because of my mom.

• June 6, 2014 at 2:37 pm

What beautiful memories you have and you express them so beautifully and sincerely. What people put left-handlers thru was outrageous. I now see crochet patters and video instructions for both left and right. I learned to knit, but like crochet much better. My Mom made one quilt but never finished it. The top is all finished. There is no stuffing or back. By pure chance I found the perfect match to the sides borders of the quilt. I’m afraid to try and finish because I might ruin it.

• 50 57andfemale
                      June 6, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I fondly remember those times with my mother. However, I do remember her saying, “Knitting – you’re going to have to do this right-handed.” I must have driven her crazy, trying to reverse it all. To this day, the only thing I do right-handed is knit.

I’m sure she was frustated as hell, but she never showed it.

• June 6, 2014 at 2:38 pm

:) My mother showed her frustrations with me. LOL. Impossible not to.

1. 56 GGail
    June 4, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Chips, I need a photo of Cool POTUS – like maybe the “Chill, I got this” photo. What cha say – huh?!?!!!! :-)

2. 57 pkayden
    June 4, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Thanks ZIZI. It cannot be stated enough how nasty Republicans are. It appears that they are gunning to impeach our President just like they did to Clinton. Democrats are going to have to fight fire with fire. The fact that Bergdahl’s family had to cancel a welcome home celebration is a bridge too far.

3. June 4, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Great post, zizi2 – thank you! :)

4. 59 57andfemale
    June 4, 2014 at 5:56 pm
  5. 60 57andfemale
    June 4, 2014 at 5:58 pm
    • 61 Linda
      June 4, 2014 at 6:22 pm

I guess Saxby Chambliss was a no show since he claims it has been over two years.

• 62 57andfemale
        June 4, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Like when McCain hogged the cameras about not being briefed on Benghazi while he was missing the briefing on Benghazi.

This is despicable.

6. 64 mtmarilyn
    June 4, 2014 at 6:04 pm

What a day! I have been so sick at heart about this going after a POW and his family. Who are these people? Where is there compassion. There hatred of this President is so out of control. My prayers for this family and for Bergdahl. Most of these people going after him have never served. Those who have served and go after him now, I feel there is more to the story than they are telling. War is hell and this is the results.

zuzu2, Liberal Librarian, Chips, Nerdy Wonka and others, your writings are at the heart of what is going on. The msm and rwnj all don’t care about the truth they just want to hurt this President and get back in power. I believe “We the People” will win out.

7. 66 Asher in Boston
    June 4, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Great post, zizi2. These hateful people are beyond reproach.

8. 67 57andfemale
    June 4, 2014 at 6:08 pm
  9. 68 carolyn
    June 4, 2014 at 6:08 pm

zizi, clear, cogent analysis of the situation. Yes, we do wonder how much lower the Repugs can go……I thought perhaps they had some shred of decency left, but obviously not. I’m 74, and have never seen anything like this, either from the press or politicians. ‘s ho
    What is so sad and sickening is that his hometown had to cancel its welcome home celebration. What must his family think of their “fellow Americans?” SO SAD.
    I hope Bowe has not seen nor heard all this trash. He certainly does not need this to aid in his recovery and reentry. I cannot imagine what he will be going through the next year or two, and yes it will be years. These people yelling the loudest have never served, and have no idea what any returning service person endures, either her or on the field.

10. 69 Vicki
    June 4, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Strong post, Zizi. Thank you!

I do remember the Pentagon briefing where Fox and Bloomberg “reporters” tried to deny PBO the credit for ordering Seal Team to take the shot.
    It was fun to see their faces fall when the guy giving the briefing emphasized that The President made the call.

Nothing has changed since that moment. At every turn deny, disparage, demean call President “weak,” unceasing efforts to regain the foreign policy upper hand. Not to fight for right and freedom but to keep the profits flowing

In my probably narrow view, all this uproar is about the wars ending and with the wars ending the cash cow is dying as well.

June 4, 2014 at 6:14 pm

” all this uproar is about the wars ending and with the wars ending the cash cow is dying as well.” I think you nailed it.

• 71 Vicki
      June 4, 2014 at 6:15 pm

I reread your post and I see hints of what I’ve been feeling about the last few weeks in the USA. I’m afraid of a scorched earth kind of thing. Not just GOP but the sitting out 2014 while waiting for Hillary—those folks call themselves Democrats.

• 72 Roberta in MN
      June 4, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Vicki, I have to agree 1000% on this statement. Think about it, this is just what POTUS has been doing for a long time, he got rid of most of the GWB inbedded people and the investigations are happening, we just aren’t hearing about it. POTUS plays it pretty close to the vest until he is ready to spring. I love him to pieces.

11. 73 Layla
    June 4, 2014 at 6:12 pm

What the talking heads express concern now that the celebration has been cancelled!!!! WHICH THEY CAUSED! They have put the parents in a very unsafe situation! All of them need to held accountable along with the GOP and some DEMS I’m so pissed!!!!!!

June 4, 2014 at 6:13 pm

We should all be ashamed of ourselves…America is NOT exceptional with this kind of behavior and we will never reach our full potential as a great nation if we stay on this path. We all need to WAKE THE HELL UP, look in the mirror and be honest here about all the BS floating around…swirling around the drain…..

• 76 GGail
      June 4, 2014 at 6:24 pm

DF, that’s kind of how I’m feeling about both sides of Outrage. I feel like the Puppet Master is behind the curtain whipping both sides up into a foam-at-the-mouth frenzy. :shock:

June 4, 2014 at 6:29 pm

I can understand your feelings. Frustrating, for sure. Let this not deter us from pushing back and doing our jobs…and VOTING when our time comes!

13. 79 Asher in Boston
    June 4, 2014 at 6:14 pm

As a naturalized citizen, I weep for my adoptive country. Who in their right mind would spew all this ugly vitriol for a young man’s return home? Anyway, it’s all because of the Black Potus. This is beyond ugly. I feel for the poor parents.

• 80 Vicki
      June 4, 2014 at 6:19 pm

maybe it is about The Presidents skin.
      But it is not all about PBO’s skin.
      President Obama’s actions have taken away their power and threatens their profit-making system
      PBO is looking to stop the plunder. Not solely the plunder of black people but all of us.

June 4, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Brought this thought over here ….

It’s that, but it’s even MORE than that. If this man succeeds in giving people hope, succeeds in making govt actually work for the people in real, tangible ways, inspires others to believe they can run for office and make the changes we all want to see…especially POC and women….and take the reins away from the seemingly entitled wealthy white WASPY guys…..OMG! They have run this country for over 200 years, sometimes they have run it off the road and into the nearest ditch!….and we have come back now stronger and more resilient than we thought possible in the time that PBO did this (nearly single handedly!) These rich, entitled, old white farts are NOT going to want to loose this power for generations to come! SO, it’s more than just because he’s the black guy…in fact, to MY way of thinking, though that fact does matter to them, the fact that he’s much smarter than they are, that he has moved this country forward in spite of them, that he has inspired so many, still…just absolutely terrifies them. They COULD become obsolete and in a place where they are unable to wield their influence in the same way they do now. Bet it keeps them up at night, and I’m glad…this lack of sleep is making them make mistake after mistake. Pretty soon, you’ll have to literally be living under a rock in the middle of the ocean somewhere not to see how ugly and disingenuous they have been since PBO has become the leader of the free world.

You can DEFINITELY include the profiteering in this whole scenario…that goes without saying!

• 82 Vicki
          June 4, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Yes to every word, df

• 83 carolyn
            June 4, 2014 at 6:41 pm

So glad you brought this post forward df. I responded to your piece on the previous post. I agree wholeheartedly.
            ThGod givenese people WANT the country in a permanent war. Without war profiteering, they will lose their obscene profits. No more big bucks for Halliburton, Blackwater, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al. This they cannot tolerate. So, since they have figured out PBO is serious about ending the wars, they will do everything they can to discredit him. Even to destroying one of the soldiers they proclaim so loudly to “support.”

It’s gone beyond his color now, I think, to the fact that he is dismantling their ” God given” prerogatives to keep 98% of us under their thumbs. For doing the right thing, PBO must suffer, and therefore the entire country must.

Remember President Eisenhower’s warning: The most dangerous entity in the country is the Military Industrial Complex. We see this every day.

• 84 Betsy
          June 5, 2014 at 1:46 am

You have got this in a nutshell

• 85 EricFive
        June 4, 2014 at 6:44 pm

It is about fighting to maintain a centuries long status quo of exploitation of the politically weak, both within and outside the US. To the trailer park set it is mainly about race and loss of standing on the racial totem pole. To the 1%ers it is about power and and a struggle to reassemble the racist system they created and exploited sincece the country’s founding.

• June 4, 2014 at 9:25 pm

You sadly nailed it. This polity is truly diseased

14. June 4, 2014 at 6:17 pm

DERP

• 91 Layla
      June 4, 2014 at 6:20 pm

I guess he thought he would be like Feinstein and spill the info

June 4, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Sure would be nice if Sen. Feinstein would learn from Sen. Leahy. She is a Democrat, but one I don’t care for.

June 4, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Another reason why the GOP is so unhinged….and reinforces zizi’s points made above…PBO continues to shine supremely on the foreign policy front and it’s KILLING some people…

June 4, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Pretty much. http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025049664

BERGDAHLZI, in a single image file…

Notice how fast they all dropped the other “scandals”! Amazing

17. June 4, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Um, guys…

June 4, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Indeed LL, and I posted it above…it is a BFD…but PBO foreign policy successes are unbearable to the media at this point. Literally…so don’t expect to see a whole lot of attention from the media.

18. June 4, 2014 at 6:22 pm
  19. 100 EricFive
    June 4, 2014 at 6:24 pm

This is a masterpiece zizi2.

20. 103 Vicki
    June 4, 2014 at 6:26 pm

I have Rev. Al in the background and all he’s doing is re-playing one idiotic Repub after another.
    If The Rev wants to do some good I wish he’d cover PBO in Brussels with the G-7 today.
    How about a clip with Poroshenko yesterday.

Now the Alaska dimwit is being played yet again.

Please, Rev. give your viewers the whole story not just the GOP POV and agenda.

• 104 SUE DUVALL SMITH
      June 4, 2014 at 6:31 pm

EXACTLY…REITERATING ON THE BERGDAHL HATE DOES NOT HELP AT ALL…OUR MEDIA…INCLUDING THE REV NEED THEIR HEADS EXAMINED…HATRED IS POLARIZED BY THE MEDIA!…THIS IS SHAMEFUL!

• 105 carolyn
      June 4, 2014 at 6:33 pm

We stopped watching Rev. Al. He could be funny and pointed at times, but far too much time was spent replaying trash so they could say how awful it was. That is not needed. Life is much better without that fear mongering, which is what I consider it. I tried to email him….I don’t do Twitter, but could no way to tell him why we left him. Of course we don’t watch Chris, Ed, or anyone else now. As my husband said…..When Keith Olbermann left, there was nothing good left. I know Rachel does good shows, but it’s not worth sitting through any more. Sad.

• 107 dotster3
      June 4, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I don’t get that programming either—–when the few we expect to be fair waste their whole program giving additional air time to the nuts, unintentionally reinforcing those hateful messages.

• 108 COS
      June 4, 2014 at 6:43 pm

I DVR Rev Al’s show everyday hoping it will help his ratings, but I agree about him showing to much of the republican hate. I know he is trying to prove a point and let folks know what they are saying but he plays way to many of those clips. It has gotten to the point where I cannot watch his entire show. I think that may be why he is losing viewers. Over half of his show are republican clips. Perhaps he could show more clips from Democrats.

• 109 Vicki
        June 4, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Yes COS, I posted the same info below. if I’d read your comment I wouldn’t have written mine as our view is identical

• 110 Anna
      June 4, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I usually watch Rev. Al, today I had to turn him off, decided to start calling or emailing all members of congress.

June 4, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Meta is spot-on…unless they can frame it into a scandal, there will be little, if any reporting.

22. June 4, 2014 at 6:31 pm
    • 113 SUE DUVALL SMITH
      June 4, 2014 at 6:33 pm

REAGAN GAVE IRAN 1,800 MISSILES FOR A TRADE…SHOVE THAT ONE OUT THERE!

June 4, 2014 at 6:33 pm

The MSM/GOP will try to bury and downplay…but we won’t let let. And I suspect that the Obama WH and fp team won’t let them either.

• 115 Vicki
      June 4, 2014 at 6:36 pm

GOP sobbing uncontrollably now.
      Sane Americans will cheer this news if they get to hear and understand it.

23. 116 dotster3
    June 4, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I never tune in FOX, not even for a second, so I am always shocked when I see the extreme vitriol emanating from there when a clip is aired on another network, such as on Rev. Al just now. Some GOX hater there was telling their viewers that she is very concerned now about President Obama’s mental health (after she called him unAmerican). She said all his actions are erratic etc., indicating that he is insane. This is just as putrid as it gets——and dangerous—–who knows what unhinged nutball they’re stirring to action. This is a sick climate currently in this country. Something needs to be done to dial it back——where are the decent public people who are desperately needed right now to stand up and speak out, to calm down the rage?

24. 117 Linda
    June 4, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Holy S_it !

Why Was Miss. Tea Partier In Locked Courthouse With Ballots On Election Night?

A Mississippi tea party official with close ties to U.S. Senate candidate Chris McDaniel apparently ended up inside a locked and empty county courthouse late Tuesday night after primary election results had come in.

Hinds County Republican executive chairman Pete Perry told TPM that he received a phone call around 2:00 a.m. CT on Wednesday from Janis Lane, president of the Central Mississippi Tea Party, who said she was locked inside the Hinds County courthouse. That would be where the circuit clerk and election commission offices, and the primary election ballots, are located.

June 4, 2014 at 6:35 pm

That’s the bottom line, folks.

26. 120 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    June 4, 2014 at 6:35 pm

WE NEED TO RUN A THREAD ON PBO’S TRIP…NOT THIS JUNK! WE GET ENUFF OF IT ON TELEVISION.

June 4, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Wait. The deal that was in JEOPARDY a few HOURS ago is now a done deal?? I FREAKING LOVE THIS PRESIDENT AND HIS TEAM!!

It is increasingly unlikely that six world powers and Iran will meet their July 20 deadline to negotiate a long-term deal for Tehran to curb its nuclear program in return for an end to economic sanctions, diplomats and analysts say.

In theory, an extension to the high-stakes talks should not be a problem if all sides want it. But President Barack Obama would need to secure the consent of Congress at a time of fraught relations between his administration and lawmakers.

Iran, the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China included the July 20 deadline to reach a comprehensive agreement in an interim deal they reached in Geneva on Nov. 24.

Look for the RWNJ’s to become totally unhinged……zizi’s post was a thing of timing beauty!

28. June 4, 2014 at 6:41 pm
    June 4, 2014 at 6:46 pm
  30. 128 Vicki
    June 4, 2014 at 6:46 pm

I think what we have been seeing may be a full-on foregn policy offensive.
    PBO surprise trip to Afghanistan.
    Announcement of troop draw-downs.
    Commencement speech at West Point.
    Release of POW from both sides
    Poland with our eastern European allies
    Brussels with the G-7
    Tomorrow—France and Normandy
    Now deal with Iran!?!
    WOW.

31. 136 99ts
    June 4, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Quite seriously – and without any thought of a joke, I blame Sarah Palin for the US right going off the rails into pure hate against their President and every thing he does. She used “sexy”, dumb and stupid to turn simmering racism into outright hatred. When McCain realized he had dumb and stupid as his offsider he let her loose to talk about anything except politics and policy.

Utter bile and hate comes from her mouth every time she speaks. When Gabby Giffords was shot, Palin’s attacks should have been called out for what they were – rabble rousing of the racists – but she screamed “poor me” and her part was ignored. Her rants then became worse and the RWNJs came out of the woodwork and never let up on their racist attacks. People voted them into congress – the reward for the loudest and vilest hate speech I have ever seen against a loved and respected world leader.

It is beyond my brain to comprehend why the US media has turned a POW swap into a media frenzy of hate against the man and his family – and even his town – when all I can think is this young man spent 5 years as a prisoner in a war no-one was ever going to “win”.

And … if the US right wing is scared that 5 guys – who have spent many more than 5 years in their own special hell hole are the biggest threat to America at the minute – they need to go visit the Crimea and learn a little about their world.

32. June 4, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Oh sweet Jeebus. Morgan Freeman points to himself and Don Lemon as proof that income inequality is unrelated to racism. I love Mr. Freeman, so I won’t go ballistic, but the experience of one person doesn’t belie the data.

33. 139 Vicki
    June 4, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Rev. Al covering hog castrator in depth. I give up

No wonder his ratings have dropped month after month. GOP won’t watch him and there are only so many Clinton fans

34. 141 carolyn
    June 4, 2014 at 6:55 pm

You know what? I’m ready for “billions and billions” (to quote Carl Sagan) of pictures of PBO in Europe!!!! He is wondrous, smart, diplomatic, engaging, successful………and I need a good PBO fix!

35. 143 MightyPamela
    June 4, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Well, I was back, for a couple hours, now I’m gone again. Router keeps failing, must need replacing. One day, maybe… Bye for now. MP

36. 144 Nena20409
    June 4, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I have just finished Chips’ post and Smack right in my Face Zizi2 took the next post to another level, methodically and professorially unmasking the HATE and WICKEDNESS of those who have nothing to provide for this Nation of ours.

37. 145 Nena20409
    June 4, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Thanks Zizi2.

Here’s a tip of my hat and I am raising a >-I to You, Madam.

June 4, 2014 at 9:48 pm

May I join you? I’m late to the after party, but – Zizi2 – this was superb. Clink!

38. 148 sherijr
    June 4, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Wow Zizi, LL and Mighty Chips – you all have knocked it out of the park tonight, many many thanks to each of you!

39. 149 Roberta in MN
    June 4, 2014 at 7:15 pm

ZiZi2 that was a really good post, you and LL are on top of it today along with Stonekettle Station. This is more than just disgusting. I actually have a headache just thinking and reading about this shit. Thank you for the sanity station.
    Good news on the Iran front and I think, POUS may have a few more things up his sleeve on this trip also.

40. June 4, 2014 at 7:56 pm

zizi,

Wonderful post. Always on point.

I wrote last week that, if they could, they would have been as repulsive as they could be about the First Lady and Dr. Biden’s efforts with military families. As it is, they never say anything positive about it. But, it would expose them truly for who they are, if they let their feelings be known. What they’ve done with this soldier and also, to his family is beyond disgusting. But, this is who they are. Their lies are unraveling with every passing moment, and their ugliness is all there for folks to see. Those who gave them excuses can’t any longer.

41. 151 nospin
    June 4, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Dang Zizi, this is kick ass. Love it. This post should be shared far and wide.

42. 152 jackiegrumbacher
    June 4, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Zizi, came late to this post, but want you to know how much I admire your insight and your astonishing ability to see to the heart of things. Every one of your posts is a revelation that opens new windows of understanding to me. Can’t thank you enough for posting this.

43. June 5, 2014 at 6:46 am

Zizi, what a great and spot-on piece you’ve written. Thanks so much for sharing.