Jun

Obama cantor I wonSource: ABCNews

BUT CANTOR PLOTTED AGAINST OBAMA ON INAUGURATION NIGHT 2009

Cantor inauguration night

cantor aSource: HuffingtonPost

2009-2014 : THE YEARS

Thus began the “Bromance” (snark) between President Obama and Eric Cantor

PBO flattens Cantor on “ACA bill pages”

PBO Eviscerates Cantor: “We could save money by not inspecting food”

The entire part 1 of healthcare summit

CANTOR THE MISANTHROPE

Cantor crueltySource: Think Progress

*****

CANTOR BRINGS AMERICA TO BRINK ON DEBT CEILING JUST TO DENY PBO POLITICAL WIN

cantor obama win 0CAntor obama winSource: Mother Jones

~~~

Cantor debt ceilingSource: Time

***UPDATE****

Our very own Chips had an excellent post on this back in the day

CANTOR REFUSES TO ALLOW VOTE ON JOBS BILL BUT VOTES AGAINST ACA 53 TIMES

Jobs bill

WHO SAID CANTOR WAS FOR IMMIGRATION REFORM?

Note what Cantor said in April 2014. Yeah but now corporate meida has rehabilitated him to be “moderate” in immigration reform. Pfftt!!!

Cantor immigration

Source: TPM

CANTOR LIES ABOUT PRESIDENT OBAMA’S PHONE CALL ON PASSOVER

cantor slams

passover call to cantorSource: TPM

PRESIDENT OBAMA PREDICTS CANTORS JOBLESS FATE. AWWWWW

And this Absolute prophetic beauty

Cantor lonlely

PBO: ADIEU “MY FRIEND”

154 Responses to “President Obama’s Parting gifts to Cantor, for Old Times Sake”

1. June 11, 2014 at 1:09 pm
    June 11, 2014 at 1:10 pm

furst.

3. 12 Roberta in MN
    June 11, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Congrats on #1 Bobfr, I love the loss of Cantor. He was more a slimey man than even Boner.

4. June 11, 2014 at 1:13 pm

zizi, you bring many smiles to my face with this excellent recap.

But, the underlying reality that from (actually before) 20 Jan 2009, Cantor and his fellow #KOCHSTERS were literally willing to destroy the US and Global Economy because of their hatred of the black fella in the White House, will always astonish me. No enemy America has ever faced has been as close to destroying America as these dudes – and they haven’t stopped.

We must stop them cold on 4 Nov 2014.

5. June 11, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Love, love, love this Zizi, bye bye Eric!!

June 11, 2014 at 1:14 pm
    • 19 GGail
      June 11, 2014 at 1:27 pm

What?!!!!

• 20 Nena20409
      June 11, 2014 at 1:31 pm

I knew that was coming. He could not take the heat.
      Now he can go make Millions.

He has LOST his POWERS!

Dancing again…….Oh Yeah!

• 21 jackiegrumbacher
      June 11, 2014 at 2:04 pm

What a wimp to walk out before his elected duties are completed–he is no better than Palin. He is basically telling his constituents to go to hell for not electing him–he’s not going represent them for the remainder of his term. He has no concern for his staff or for anyone but his own cowardly self.

June 11, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Thank’s for the wonderful memories zizi!

8. June 11, 2014 at 1:17 pm

PBO to Cantor: Don’t let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya!

June 11, 2014 at 1:17 pm

But the media told me that young people were abandoning the President in herds and droves! :)

June 11, 2014 at 1:26 pm

My President has a nice smile. I will leave it at that for now.

11. 34 JER
    June 11, 2014 at 1:27 pm
  12. June 11, 2014 at 1:28 pm
  13. 36 Linda
    June 11, 2014 at 1:29 pm

The Republicans are hearing different words than Sec Hagel is speaking. It keeps happening and he has to keep reminding them.

” I did not say that “…..

June 11, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Women frequently and easily say that Motherhood is the most precious thing, but when a guy talks like that about Fatherhood, you have to listen….

15. 40 Nena20409
    June 11, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Zizi2, wow….unbeatable. You are amazing!

16. June 11, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I love this post.

It brings back all sorts of memories

and remember

KARMA REMAINS UNDEFEATED!

June 11, 2014 at 1:34 pm
  18. 43 Nena20409
    June 11, 2014 at 1:34 pm

GOLD for Doc Bobfr. ;)

June 11, 2014 at 1:39 pm
  20. 48 GGail
    June 11, 2014 at 1:40 pm

That last photo just cracks me up – every time I see it, a different caption goes through my head and I fall out laughing – ROFL!

21. June 11, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Disenchantment in Crimea with Tzar Vlad …

June 11, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wimmin/smh

23. 51 JER
    June 11, 2014 at 1:51 pm
    June 11, 2014 at 1:51 pm

is our jake just lurning?

June 11, 2014 at 1:56 pm

wowzer.

Economics professor and political giant killer David Brat appears to have done a little biographical inflation on his campaign website.

One of his “About Dave” selling points: “that he tested his rural values against the intellectual elite while at Princeton.”

But Brat never attended Princeton University, home to just the type of elites – we’re looking at you, Paul Krugman – some conservatives love to bash. “We have no record under that name,” said Princeton University spokesman Martin Mbugua.

Alas, Brat’s full 17-page CV lays out the facts: His Master of Divinity, Brat writes, came from Princeton Theological Seminary – a well-regarded institution, but far from the hotbed of Krugman-like liberal excess some conservatives may have imagined.

• June 11, 2014 at 2:02 pm

LOL!!! I love this part: “We have no record under that name,”

Did I say Princeton? Well yes there were a bunch of liberal intellectual hotheads at Princeton (whispers) Theological Seminary. I mean come on.

• 57 Nena20409
      June 11, 2014 at 2:46 pm

And he was quoting the Bible….okay…..reading verses off a sheet of paper.
      He is supposed to be a Roman Catholic……..But I don’t know…..for I was taught that lying is not only wrong, but a sin. Then Lying for one’s own benefit has got to be the worst of the Lying sins….. :)

26. 58 Gazelle
    June 11, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Just randomness! I actually caught this segment live this morning. I did a double take when Martha Raddatz talked about the polls (approve/disapprove). Her words were saying the opposite of the graphic on screen (screen had Approve 51%/Disapprove 39%). That part is at the very end of the segment. Slide through. They’ve now corrected the graphic at the link below. I’m going with the graphic I saw live! :) Wish I could find the live segment.

27. 61 JER
    June 11, 2014 at 2:03 pm
  28. 62 Linda
    June 11, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Ronan used the term ” cut and run ” when he was talking about PBO leaving Iraq.

Gawd ….he is an ass.!!!!!!!!!!!

• 63 Layla
      June 11, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Nobody listens to this manchild

• 64 jackiegrumbacher
      June 11, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Linda, I’m sure Ronan can point to his years of service in the military and expertise in military strategy to show why we should pay attention to his opinion.

• 65 COS
      June 11, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Linda how do you stand to watch that little privileged a%%. I watched him exactly one time and realized I could not do it again. :)

• 66 Layla
        June 11, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I know COS, bless her soul. I try not to seek aggravation, just trying to stay sane and concentrate on all of the good PBO is doing

• 67 Nena20409
      June 11, 2014 at 2:50 pm

The guy may have been book smart, but boy oh boy, he is fatuous. If I am not mistaken, he was 15 yrs old in 2001 and I don’t believe that he was for the Iraq war.

Now that one can join the military up to age 42……perhaps, Ronan should sign up.

• 68 Lovepolitics2008
      June 11, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Let’s prepare ourselves for lots of other pundits saying the same thing. Problem is… the vast majority of americans think that it’s not the business of the USA to govern Iraq and prevent it from descending into chaos. The vast majority of americans wanted americans soldiers out of Iraq. Period.

June 11, 2014 at 2:05 pm

gunnite folks.

30. 71 Linda
    June 11, 2014 at 2:07 pm

I am soooooooooooo sick of seeing Krystal Ball on every freaking show I want to scream !

June 11, 2014 at 3:00 pm

She’s a Libertarian from VA, so you know she’s going to be shilling indirectly for Brat without making it obvious that’s what she’s doing. I expect a lot of concern trolling from her regarding Jack Tramell.

31. June 11, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Once and for all ….

32. 75 Nerdy Wonka
    June 11, 2014 at 2:11 pm
  33. June 11, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Truly remarkable ….

“Army of Suppliers. Who is Helping the Frontline and How

5 June 2014, by Anastasiya Ringis, Ukrainska Pravda Zhyttya

Many social initiatives that emerged at Maidan are presently successfully supporting the Ukrainian army and the National Guard.

There are dozens, hundreds of such groups, and even thousands if we take the entire country. Ukrainska Pravda Zhyttya had picked several best known initiatives. Through joint efforts of hundreds of volunteers and thousands of sponsors they have provided assistance for the amount of over UAH 13 mln.”

Much more at the link in the tweet …

34. 78 Linda
    June 11, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Democrats Suggest They Won’t Challenge For Seat After Eric Cantor Refuses Write-In Campaign

Yet they are already trying to raise money off Cantor’s defeat.

They are not even going to try ? Ugh…this is why they get no money from me…….

• June 11, 2014 at 2:33 pm

It’s a deep red Republican district. It really wouldn’t be worth it.

• June 11, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Actually, I think it is essential to mount a strong challenge to #TeabaggerBrat. The turnout yesterday certainly wasn’t all Republicans and given the sentiment in VA7 for immigration reform plus the obvious vapidity & dishonesty of Brat, a reasonable Dem candidate might just succeed.

In any case, I want these folk explaining what they will do to support Trammell.

• 81 nospin
          June 11, 2014 at 2:53 pm

I am seeing signs that they heard you loud and clear Bobfr.

“The Democratic Party is shielding Trammell from the press for now, intercepting his media requests and offering surrogates instead. The academic has a lot to learn and not a lot of time.

But his statement after the Republican primary results indicates he’s a fast learner, as it echoed the message of national Democrats.”

• June 11, 2014 at 2:58 pm

In_Deed, nospin!!! I think they are hearing from lots of folk. Trammell can win if Dems Vote. I think VA7 Independents and probably not a small number of Republicans, if they vote at all, will vote for him and not #TeabaggerBrat.

• June 11, 2014 at 3:01 pm

You might be right Bob but it’s a balancing act. How far do you go in a district that is solid Republican?

• June 11, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Thank you derbingleguy, My point is that “Republican” doesn’t mean what it used to. VA7 is now Republican (non-Bircher, old school) + Teabagger Birchers + Independents and Dems. Trammell appears to be a balanced, intelligent, properly motivated citizen and the other dude is a nut. I think we want to go very far in striving to win VA7 and I think it likely some of those non-Bircher, ‘old school’ Republicans will prefer a reasonable Dem to a whackjob Bircher.

• 85 nospin
              June 11, 2014 at 3:23 pm

” Trammell appears to be a balanced, intelligent, properly motivated citizen and the other dude is a nut. I think we want to go very far in striving to win VA7 and I think it likely some of those non-Bircher, ‘old school’ Republicans will prefer a reasonable Dem to a whackjob Bircher.”

That is my interpretation based on comments made by republicans this morning when reacting to the Cantor upset.

• 86 jackiegrumbacher
      June 11, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Well, Linda, what the official Democratic Party says does not affect anything we choose to do to work for this seat. The Democratic Party is not the OFA, nor is it the local Dems in Virginia. I will tell you this: if the “Party” starts seeing an influx of cash into Trammell’s campaign and starts getting complaints from other people, they will change their tune very quickly. The tell every candidate, if you can collect a bundle on your own, we’ll support you and add to it.

• 87 Lovepolitics2008
        June 11, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Good points Jacquie.

My worry: the Clintons are not sure they want a democratic House in 2014… they may make the calculus that two more years of republican obstructionism is their ticket for a landslide and a takeover of the House in 2016.

June 11, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Who cares what the Clintons want. They do not own the Dem Party, or OFA, nor are they entitled to ANY thing in 2016. If Hillary wants to run in 2016, she has to go through the normal processes of announcing her candidacy, filing the paper work and running a campaign – like all other Presidential candidates. She doesn’t get to dictate what happens or doesn’t happen in 2014. That will be determined by the voters and the candidates who are running for congressional, state, and local seats.

35. 89 jackiegrumbacher
    June 11, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Zizi, you always see the forest and direct us all to see the whole–a very rare and wonderful talent. There was always been a sad smallness in character of Eric Cantor, who had the chance to be bigger than himself and blew it by letting hate take him over. I think Cantor is a basically insecure man who spent a lot of his adult life flimflamming people with his supposed quickness and political acuity. He was dying to show off this skill with the president and was convinced he could con him, as he had many others in his life. But President Obama “saw” him as a fraud and effectively called him out. And that made him Cantor’s mortal enemy.

36. 90 JER
    June 11, 2014 at 2:35 pm
  37. June 11, 2014 at 2:38 pm

ahem.

• 92 Layla
      June 11, 2014 at 2:42 pm

I’m shocked I tell ya!

• 93 Linda
      June 11, 2014 at 2:46 pm

CNN reported the names back then……why doesn’t she know that….

The names were also in the papers. They need to get out of the bubble they live in

• 94 Layla
        June 11, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Exactly Linda, selective memory!

• 95 Lovepolitics2008
        June 11, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Tweet Dana Bash with links… these guys are so focused on trivia and on the 24hours news cycle they don’t remember anything that happened a few years ago.

June 11, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Cut her some slack – she was still getting over that bad divorce from John King. LOL…

• 97 Nena20409
      June 11, 2014 at 2:56 pm

TRMS did an awesome job and with documents to back up their report last week. CNN not only had a written piece in 2011, so did the NYT and the New York Magazine and those 5 names were there. Then in Feb 2014, McCain referenced the 5 and he was interviewed by Anderson Cooper.

38. 100 nospin
    June 11, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Chips, Nerdy Wonka, Amk, Zizi, Bobfr and crew, would you all consider tweeting support for Jack Trammell at @Trammell4Va? He only has 907

On his initial campaign Web site, Trammell sketched out a brief campaign platform focusing on the reform of student loans and special education and greater access to higher education.

A statement from Trammell posted Tuesday night repeatedly invoked President John F. Kennedy: “My experience suggests to me that America continues to be a place where others look to for inspired leadership and innovation, a place where opportunity is not defined by how much wealth one accumulates, or what your family tree looks like, but where the quality of one’s ideas and the breadth of one’s character still matter.”
    According to articles posted on the Randolph-Macon web site, Trammell joined the college’s faculty in 2000 after doing graduate work at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond. He has directed the school’s disability support services department and its honors program and serves as an associate professor of sociology, specializing in disability issues in higher education.

• June 11, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Thanx Nospin. I already tweeted extensively about him last night, followed both Twitter accounts and promoted donations on ActBlue site cuz his direct Donate button on his website does not work. But it’s discouraging to hear that DCCC has no intention of supporting Trammell to challenge Brat, although they’ll raise $$$ off Cantor’s defeat. Ugh!

• 102 nospin
        June 11, 2014 at 2:51 pm

they must have changed there minds Zizi because now I am reading that he is getting support from the Dem national leadership. See below for one example.

In addition, I have been visiting Republican blogs and sites to get the read on their interpretation of Cantor’s loss and they are horrified.

They know Brat is a nutjob and although most said they did not like Cantor he was not as crazy as Brat. Some commenters asked who was the dem candidate because they hoped he would win. So… there is hope if we work our asses off.

• June 11, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Thank you for posting this, Nospin.

Last night, I expressed my disappointment at his website but have just seen the improvement from your link. I will help him out although I always believe that money from out-of-state supporters is not the optimal strategy.

• June 11, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Thank you No Spin!

• June 11, 2014 at 2:54 pm

nospin, I’m doing all I can to raise awareness and to indicate to folk like Senator Warner, Gov McAuliffe, OFA_VA, DCCC, etc., that he should be supported. This is a true ‘grass roots’ campaign and I think Jack Trammell could be a very fine Rep.

39. 107 nospin
    June 11, 2014 at 2:47 pm

More on Jack Trammell – Dems must have heeded Bobfr’s calls last night to support this man. See article. I know it is CNN but hey…

“After Cantor’s shocking defeat in his primary Tuesday against political novice Dave Brat, Trammell’s candidacy has a whole new meaning. Democrats have a bit more hope in this Republican district, now that the upstart Democrat is up against an upstart Republican — both of whom are professors at the same college.

“Now it’s going to be a grass-roots race to get out their base,” Ashley Bauman, press secretary for the Virginia Democratic Party, said.

Trammell is not your average politician. He works a small family farm, where he lives with his wife and seven children. He teaches disability studies and is director of Disability Support Services at Randolph-Macon College, a small liberal arts school outside Richmond that has just over 1,000 students.

June 11, 2014 at 2:57 pm
  41. 114 Nena20409
    June 11, 2014 at 3:01 pm

MINNEAPOLIS – The federal health overhaul has helped cut the ranks of uninsured people in Minnesota by about 40 percent, University of Minnesota researchers reported Wednesday in the first major assessment of the law’s effect in the state.

The study estimated that the number of uninsured Minnesotans fell by 180,500 from Sept. 30 to May 1 — from about 445,000 people to about 264,500. That represents a decrease from 8 percent of the state’s population to 5 percent.

“One of the major goals of the Affordable Care Act is to get close to universal health insurance. With the 40 percent reduction in the uninsured we found, there’s been some rapid progress toward that goal,” said lead author Julie Sonior, deputy director of the university’s State Health Access Data Assistance Center.

Minnesota’s health insurance exchange, MNsure, commissioned the study. Its executive director, Scott Leitz, called the findings “extremely significant” and said they show that the exchange’s efforts have “really paid off.”

42. 115 japa21
    June 11, 2014 at 3:11 pm
  43. 116 nospin
    June 11, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Link to Jack Trammel’s books

1. THE RICHMOND SLAVE TRADE:
    The Economic Backbone of
    The Old Dominion

This is going to be an interesting race

• 118 57andfemale
      June 11, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Hope DWS takes time from supporting Hillary in 2016 and DOES SOMETHING to help this guy get elected.

Think about it: the face of the RNC is Preibus. How often do you see Debbie out front and center as the head of the DNC?

• 119 nospin
        June 11, 2014 at 4:52 pm

That is true. Haven’t seen her much after PO was elected. Not a lot lately anyway.

• 120 57andfemale
          June 11, 2014 at 5:02 pm

And she never claims the stage as the voice and face of the DNC. She’s not terrible, but I am very disappointed in her leadership. I expected better.

June 11, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Back – ready to hear FLOTUS and POTUS. Excellent timing, or no?

45. 130 japa21
    June 11, 2014 at 3:15 pm
  46. 133 japa21
    June 11, 2014 at 3:19 pm
    June 11, 2014 at 3:22 pm
  48. 141 Linda
    June 11, 2014 at 3:25 pm

The crowd at House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s (R-Va.) campaign headquarters was already a little riled up Tuesday after his concession speech, but what happened after Cantor left added fuel to the fire.

According to The Washington Post, activists stampeded into the ballroom where the election watch party was held, waving flags and shouting, “What do we want? Immigration reform! When do we want it? Now!”

Some attendees tried to physically push back against the activists. According to The Washington Post, one Cantor supporter threw his glass of wine at an activist, while another yelled “Get a job!” at an activist in the hotel parking lot.

The activists left after police told them they would be arrested if they didn’t.

The commotion came as Cantor lost to Randolph-Macon College professor Dave Brat in the GOP primary, a race in which immigration may have been a factor.

short thread….just the video at the link

49. June 11, 2014 at 3:28 pm
  50. June 11, 2014 at 3:29 pm

PBO and Deval togetherrrrrr!!!!

51. June 11, 2014 at 3:33 pm
    June 11, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I know it’s 3:33PM, but I’m serving up a hearty breakfast while you watch PBO give the commencement address. Have some coffee or Orange Juice with that delicious French Toast that HF2 lovingly prepared. You’re welcome. :)

53. 150 donna dem 4 obama
    June 11, 2014 at 3:35 pm
  54. June 11, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Good Day Everyone!

In other news>> Another AQueda /Terrorist captured near Manila

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — Philippine security forces on Wednesday captured a top Filipino commander of the Abu Sayyaf extremist group who is on a U.S. list of most-wanted terrorists and has acknowledged receiving al-Qaida funds to finance bombings in the country.

55. 152 africa
    June 11, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Oh, Zizi, what a thing of beauty. Thank you. Thank you.

56. 154 HZ
    June 12, 2014 at 12:01 am

Zizi, thanks again for allowing us to appreciate your brilliant mind and also helping us to keep the facts before us and knowing them use them to defend our points and to always be ready and able to respect this great man who we all worked so hard to be our 44th President of the United States of America.

When the others totally refuse to admit the facts on the issues and show the respect for PBO, we here always have the facts on our side. And for sure, Chips always remind all of us to carry the respect banner that is so well carried out on this beautiful site by our Chips. And I love her for not tolerating the foolishness of bashing and bringing into this space foolishness that disrespects the work that PBO is doing as our president and the graciousness of our completely not being bashful in letting it be known how we feel and respect our president.

Again, thanks to our Chips and all of the hard work of our Bobfr Twitter King and our great Up to date, word for word tweets by Nerdy W., of our president’s speeches. The Best, thanks so much, Nerdy W.

A loving hug to MightyPamela. A loving hug to our CarolMae. Get your rest, CarolMae. And a most encouragement to our Collegekay. You know what my TOD family: You all are such a joy to be a part of here; and I am so blessed to call this my family, if you all do not mind. This is the Best, Chips. {{{ I love you for everything, Chips}}}. HZ