Jun

Rise and Shine: The Week at TOD

Parade

••••

See the week’s White House videos here

••••

Sunday

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine: The Week at TOD • • Happy Father’s Day, 44! • • ObamaCare: 14 Million And Counting A Tweet Or Two • • 140 Characters Of Laugh Out Loud

••••

Monday

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine • • This Is What Change Looks Like ObamaCare: Good News All Around • • World Cup Chat Away • • World Cup Chat Away: Second Half • • Chat On! • • A Tweet Or Two

••••

Tuesday

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine • • Next Up: President Obama at TechShop Pittsburgh • • President Obama at TechShop Pittsburgh • • President Obama Joins the Library Conspiracy • • Techshop Pittsburgh Welcomes President Obama • • The President at the DNC LGBT Gala, Gotham Hall • • America Under President Obama Means Progress

••••

Wednesday

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine • • The First Lady Speaks at Naturalization Ceremony • • A Nation Of Makers • • The Affordable Care Act Lives Up To Its Name • • A Tweet Or Two

••••

Thursday

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine • • The President Delivers a Statement on the Situation in Iraq • • The President awards the Medal of Honor • • The President’s Day • • A Tweet Or Two • • Chat On!

••••

Friday

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine • • John McCain: Always Wrong • • ObamaCare: Signed. Sealed. Delivering. • • The President’s Day • • Chat Away • • The President Gets 3D Printed…Zot!…Zot!…Zot! Thanks Jay!

••••

Saturday

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine: The Week Ahead • • Chat Away • • Chat On • • Governor O’Malley at the Iowa Democratic Party’s State ConventionChat Away • • The Saturday Funnies

••••

MoooOOOooorning!

108 Responses to “Rise and Shine: The Week at TOD”

June 22, 2014 at 11:02 am

Oh! USA!!

• June 22, 2014 at 11:04 am

Morning DeseeeeeeeeeertFlower! Morning everyone!

• 3 Ycin
        June 22, 2014 at 11:07 am

Chipsticks, this is BEAUTIFUL, THANK YOU!!!

Can’t get enough of the 1st picture, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!

June 22, 2014 at 11:14 am

Morning, Chipsterness! Have a terrific day…and that little Dannystix. too:)

• 5 dannystix
          June 22, 2014 at 11:17 am

am not litel am hugh. but tnx flowr.

June 22, 2014 at 11:23 am

My bad! You are not huge yet….but you’re like a young man…with room to grow, but definitely NOT A BABY!:) Did mom play that Arnold farting video for you yesterday for the sound effects? She really should…maybe you’ll swing YOUR head around like my dog does when that happens….then look at mom…. :) Enjoy the day! Behave yourself:)

• 7 Ycin
      June 22, 2014 at 11:05 am

Happy Sunday desertflower to you and Simi!

CONGRATS ON 1ST PLACE!!

Hope you two have a WONDERFUL AND ENJOYABLE DAY!

June 22, 2014 at 11:19 am

Thanks, CIn:) Have to go run out and exchange the cat food I bought…little darlings don’t like it, even though it’s the same food they always eat, only it’s the SENIOR variety. So the cat was yodelling outside my door this morning to wake me up and then they both turn their noses up when I feed them….Danny eating the farting cushion sounds better than this right now…

Dead palm tree fell over yesterday. Good. Hated that thing…so I’m off to buy a wisteria-like tree and put it in the hole the palm tree left…(yes, that’s how I garden!) Be hanging here until the coffee is done, then I’m off:) Have a great day!!

• June 22, 2014 at 11:21 am

:-) You are having a VERY eventful weekend DF!!!

• 16 0388jojothecat
          June 22, 2014 at 11:27 am

DF I think you are the only one who express what I go through each morning with my cats. What they eat today they refuse tomorrow. Thank goodness I have a colony of strays to feed it to but have to now go out and buy more cat food. Better to start early before the heat.

Have a wonderful Sunday TOD family.

P.S. My Blues name I Skinny Fingers Lee. Thanks Dudette.

June 22, 2014 at 11:35 am

AH! They can be so annoying when they do this! They switch off who’s going to yodel at the door…and not stop….until I get up. I love them dearly, they are so fun…just hate that little morning ritual they have goin’ on. They are brother and sister…I adopted both of them when I WAS only going to get one…but when you saw them together, you knew they HAD to be together…they love each other:) Lucy and Desi…one black, one orange…perfect!

• 18 0388jojothecat
              June 22, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I went from one older cat to three last year. I adopted two brother and sister then nine months later another kitten from same mama cat I am still trying to catch and get fixed. They get me up anywhere from 4am or 5am wanting to eat. I refuse to get up until 5:30 or 6am. The oldest and youngest want to eat while the other two are more picky eaters. At which point I let them eat dry food if they won’t eat the wet. By 9am everyone is asleep for the next seven hours.

June 22, 2014 at 11:03 am

Ok…bringing this over…should be our motto for the next couple years and beyond:)

• 20 Judith Fardig
      June 22, 2014 at 11:22 am

DF – Congratulations on your first and on your anthem selection for us!! GO TEAM USA in the World Cup today!

June 22, 2014 at 11:04 am

:???:

4. 26 Ycin
    June 22, 2014 at 11:09 am

Good morning TOD Family,

HAPPY BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY TO EVERYONE!

Congratulations Dudette-SUPER STAR! I want YOUR FAMOUS AUTOGRAPH : )

Wishing extra blessings to flow your way {{{{{daisydem}}}}}.

Happy belated Birthday Japa21!!! I hope you had an AWESOME DAY of celebrating yesterday as you get younger : )

ENJOY TODAY! Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not promised.

Blessing for EVERYONE!
    Cindy

5. 27 Nena20409
    June 22, 2014 at 11:18 am

Happy Sunday to all Beautiful TOD Community.

Congrats to all the Au :star: winners 5 posts back, but especially, including the 3 peat on 2 posts back.

Gold for DF.

Loved the Tweet Posts. Thanks N.W.

Week at TOD is my absolute favorite. Thanks Chips.

Happy belated birthday to Japa21.

Hey Master Danny, I saw you strength again…..down went the Fart :lol: Toy ;) . Good JOB!
    <3 <3 <3 USA chances later today.

6. 30 Nena20409
    June 22, 2014 at 11:20 am

Continue to <3 Col Morris Davis.

7. 31 Nena20409
    June 22, 2014 at 11:24 am

John Fugelsang @JohnFugelsang · 11m
    Bobby Jindahl just went Full Stupid Party.

8. 32 Nena20409
    June 22, 2014 at 11:26 am

John Fugelsang @JohnFugelsang · 16h
    I know I said we should arm these guys in Syria last year but we need to bomb them in Iraq now. – John McCain redux

• 33 Nerdy Wonka
      June 22, 2014 at 11:38 am

Hey Nena, it’s really easy to bring tweets over to TOD in its original form. Just click on the time-stamp of the tweet. By that, I mean the time or day the tweet was created. For example, your comment shows that Fugelsang’s tweet was created 16hrs ago. So click on the 16hrs and the tweet will open up. Copy the URL in the address bar and then paste it in the comment box on TOD and it will appear like this:

June 22, 2014 at 11:26 am

10. June 22, 2014 at 11:29 am

11. 37 Nena20409
    June 22, 2014 at 11:33 am

Steve Benen @stevebenen · 1h
    Top Sunday show guests so far in 2014: Rogers (15), McCaul (11), Kinzinger (9), Rand Paul (8), Santorum (8), McCain (7) – all Republicans

Yet another Reason why TOD is a place to go for Fair and Balanced News. Thanks again, Lady Chipsticks.

12. June 22, 2014 at 11:36 am

:-)

13. 45 CEB
    June 22, 2014 at 11:46 am

Good morning and Happy Sunday, TOD ohana.
    Go Team USA!!!!
    Thanks in advance to all who live blog the game; I am clueless about everything other than what a goal looks like.
    Chips, LL, NW,Tally, and AMK, play nice; let the Europeans be the only soccer/football/futbol hooligans (cuts and runs).

14. 48 lockewasright
    June 22, 2014 at 11:51 am

I just had a picnic breakfast with my wife and kids (courtesy of daddy’s girl). We ate scrambled eggs at one of the comment park and fed bread to the ducks, coots, and one HUGE turtle. Soon, we’re off to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. I may even take them out for ice cream after lunch. It’s gonna be a good day!

• June 22, 2014 at 11:52 am

Sounds blissful Locke!!

• 51 CEB
      June 22, 2014 at 11:57 am

Good for you and your family. I was just thinking about the calm of Sundays and how they are a perfect family day. When I was a little girl one of our favorite things to do on Sunday was to pile in the car after church and go to get ice cream.

• 54 0388jojothecat
      June 22, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Sounds like a beginning of a wonderful day. You daughter seems like she is going to like to cook….maybe join the soon-to-be or one day family business.

Have a great day!

• 55 lockewasright
        June 22, 2014 at 3:56 pm

We have both crumb snatchers help in the kitchen whenever we can. They enjoy it. You’re right about my little petunia. She tells me all of the time that she is going to help us run the food truck.

June 22, 2014 at 11:53 am

Hi CEB! I doubt these guys know how to play nice when sports, especially real football, are involved. Also, too, don’t run; there are enough non-sports TOD-ers here to protect you ……. I think. ;)

16. 59 Nena20409
    June 22, 2014 at 11:53 am

Testing. Here I go…..NW.

17. 61 lockewasright
    June 22, 2014 at 11:53 am

Ok, my computer decided that “community” and “comment” are interchangeable. That seems reasonable, I guess.

18. 71 Ladyhawke
    June 22, 2014 at 11:54 am

LOLGOP @LOLGOP · 1h

Should pro-war pundits and Bush aides be ignored?

We’ll let pro-war pundits and Bush aides answer that question today on every Sunday show.

19. 72 Nena20409
    June 22, 2014 at 11:55 am

20. June 22, 2014 at 11:58 am

21. June 22, 2014 at 12:00 pm

22. 76 Nena20409
    June 22, 2014 at 12:03 pm

The adorable Robby Novak has made a name for himself as Kid President, the joyful, pint-sized politician who made it all the way to the Oval Office for a meeting with President Obama himself. Among Kid President’s favorite accomplishments is something not even the real president can get — a kiss from Beyonce.

When Kid President spoke with HuffPost Live’s Caitlyn Becker on Wednesday, he gushed about meeting Queen Bey and getting a smooch from the world’s hottest pop star.

/////

Now, this almost knocked me off my chair watching :) :lol: ;) his face is priceless.

23. 77 Ladyhawke
    June 22, 2014 at 12:05 pm

A PRESENT TENSE PRESIDENT AND A PAST TENSE CONGRESS

Obama keeps busy while do-nothing Congress dithers

———————————————

Allan Lichtman, presidential historian at American University, talk with Ari Melber about how President Obama is trying to get things done through executive authority while Congress spins its wheels chasing scandals and political stunts.

———————————————

24. June 22, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Morning /afternoon Chips and TOD. Have been outside catching up on yard work before it got too hot. It is now too hot and it’s only 9 o’clock! Looking forward to Portugal/USA game today

• June 22, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Morning Jackie! I remain one of those freaks of nature: I waaaaaaaay prefer the cold!!!

June 22, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Darn it! :) :) :) Well…guess I can’t work outside now! Morning, Jackie…we have to get up at 4:00am to have time enough to get things done outside now…Happy Summer:)

• June 22, 2014 at 12:55 pm

I’ve been doing yard work, too. Just came in after four hours to drink some water and cool off a bit. When I bought my house it had a much neglected and overgrown garden so I’m slowly sorting it out and making it nice. The coolest thing is the pollinator garden I planted 3 years ago. I have had lots of bees and butterflies hanging out with me this morning.

25. 82 Nena20409
    June 22, 2014 at 12:16 pm

26. 83 Linda
    June 22, 2014 at 12:24 pm

McKenzie Michelle Carey was born weighing just over eight pounds, 12 years ago on April 20, 2002.

Eighteen months later she was diagnosed with a life-threatening disease identified as Mitochondrial disease. Mitochondria are considered the cell’s power producers, and the work they do helps generate fuel for the cell’s activities. But McKenzie’s mitochondria can’t do what they are needed to do; sustain life and support growth.

The disease damages cells of the brain, heart, liver, skeletal muscles, kidney and the endocrine and respiratory systems.

McKenzie isn’t paralyzed, but she can’t walk and she is non-verabal — though her mother says she understand everything said to her.

But her condition didn’t keep her off the stage for the summer pageant, thanks to her awesome dad, Mike Carey.

27. June 22, 2014 at 12:34 pm

28. 92 Linda
    June 22, 2014 at 12:41 pm

On this I tend to agree.

Rand Paul: U.S. Created ‘Jihadist Wonderland’ In Iraq

“But there will be a civil war with feckless people on one side that aren’t necessarily great allies of ours, who are allies of Iran, and on the other side, allies of al Qaeda,” he continued. “You have to ask yourself, are you willing to send your son, am I willing to send my son to retake back a city, Mosul, that they weren’t willing to defend themselves? I’m not willing to send my son into that mess.”

29. June 22, 2014 at 12:52 pm

June 22, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Our football/soccer ‘girl’ is rested and ready to play! :) Good west coast morning, Ms Tally.

• June 22, 2014 at 12:56 pm

:-) I spend most of my life throwing things at my screen watching Nani ‘play’ for Manchester United – if he’s as awful as he usually his, he won’t be a worry ….. but he does tend to score one spectacular goal a year. :???:

As for Ronaldo, if things start badly for Portugal, he’ll start limping – his usual lark when he wants to distance himself from his mere mortal team-mates :roll:

Keep the faith, Tally!

June 22, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Tally, I’m mad with you, …and Chips Chica! I cannot believe that I followed the link, checked out all the ‘reasons’ including #5, AND read the comments! I was near the end of the comments when I thought to ask myself WHAT I was doing – I’m not that interested in the WC. /smh/ Brainwashed by Tally, Chipsticks, and all the other football nuts in our village. I cannot believe it!

30. 105 donna dem 4 obama
    June 22, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Happy Sunday TOD!

31. June 22, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Good Afternoon, Everyone :)

Hope you all are having a good weekend :)

RSS OFA