Jun

Woah, We’re In The Washington Post :-)

Washington Post: Obama: #SoSueMe

During a trip to Minneapolis on Friday, President Obama spoke more candidly than normal about his frosty relationships with Republicans in Congress. One phrase set off a Twitter meme.

“I might have said during debate, ‘I want to raise the minimum wage, so sue me if I do.’ I didn’t think [GOP] would take me seriously,” Obama said in a speech two days after Speaker John Boehner announced his plan to sue the president over executive actions.

Over the weekend, Obama fans took to Twitter with the hashtag #SoSueMe, defending Obama.

It started with this one:

Then this one:

More here

:cool:

124 Responses to “Woah, We’re In The Washington Post :-)”

1. June 30, 2014 at 6:27 pm

They didn’t feature mine! I want a recount! Ohio! Ohio!

June 30, 2014 at 6:27 pm

:cool:

June 30, 2014 at 6:27 pm

YOU’RE A STAR!!!

4. June 30, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Welp, barring a miracle, Algeria is tumbling out of the WC. Shame, they played really well this game.

5. June 30, 2014 at 6:29 pm

And it’s now 2-0 Germany.

6. June 30, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Goal Algeria! Too late, but well deserved.

7. June 30, 2014 at 6:31 pm
  8. June 30, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I SAW MY TWEET!!!! lol!!! WHOOT! :)

9. 42 mtmarilyn
    June 30, 2014 at 6:34 pm

“We” are very special. Others are noticing how we support this President.

10. 44 MightyPamela
    June 30, 2014 at 6:39 pm

11. 45 Nena20409
    June 30, 2014 at 6:39 pm

The Fabulous Awesome TOD as reported today, even with an Update ;) when it was pointed out to them of their error. Washpost has nothing on TOD. By Washpost recognizing the Force that is TOD and the TOD Twitter Brigade, Washpost redeemed itself…..just for a brief of Time today.
    >-I TOD >-I TOD >-I TOD

12. 46 Nena20409
    June 30, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Wow. 4 Au :star: :star: :star: :star:

Yan. LL. VC and DF.

Congrats.

13. 50 MightyPamela
    June 30, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Someone might let the Washington Post know Obama ‘fans’ just happen to be VOTERS! and guess what – if they can take over Twitter, watch what they do on November 4, 2014.

June 30, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Indeed. Nice to see you, MP – did you notice that we also hit another ‘jackpot’ – 26,006,280 hits today? We are definitely on a roll……to victory 2014! :grin:

14. June 30, 2014 at 6:52 pm

HEALTH UPDATE:

Oh! Oh! Got my CT scan results today and the tumor is 50% gone! Whoop, whoop! :) :)

15. 105 donna dem 4 obama
    June 30, 2014 at 6:53 pm
  16. 106 dotster3
    June 30, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Had to laugh at this—–as I await a forecast derecho in Chgo area……..finding funny where I can at the moment….

17. 111 Ceb
    June 30, 2014 at 6:54 pm

This recognition is so cool! TODers have always rocked, now more people are aware of this fact.

18. 112 globalcitizenlinda
    June 30, 2014 at 6:55 pm

this is the spirit – a little at a time but all done in a steady manner with the focus on the Prize (progress for all now and in the future) ;

;

19. 113 JER
    June 30, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Mark Knoller covers the snack table:

June 30, 2014 at 7:07 pm

From his TL…please tell me that I’m totally reading this wrong….

Rep. Steve Smith ‏@RepStevenSmith 21m
      @markknoller I’m sure you enjoyed the hot dogs, placed ever so gently in the buns.

June 30, 2014 at 7:43 pm

No, you read it right – donna posted it upthread. This is highly offensive on so many levels. I have my issues with Knoller, but this tweet by
        Smith is beyond the pale…

20. June 30, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Urge all of you not to miss Spandan’s latest:

“The opinion goes onto explain that it is precisely because of this regulation on insurance companies that the government has failed to meet the burden of showing that the employer mandate on contraception is the least intrusive way to implement the goal of contraceptive coverage, which even the majority opinion concedes is a compelling government interest.

Expect the administration to implement a quick fix via this method, still allowing women to have full coverage.

Secondly, and more importantly, the decision relies on a law passed by Congress – the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (1993 thanks, Bill Clinton) – and not the First Amendment. Despite conservative euphoria, the Court in fact did not hold that the First Amendment protects the rights of a corporation to make health care decisions for its employees.

Instead the Court held that since the Affordable Care Act does not explicitly define what preventive care measures must be accounted for in insurance plans, it did not override the RFRA’s (crackpot) employer religious freedom clause. Therefore, it ruled, HHS violated RFRA. RFRA is an act of Congress, and it can be overridden by an act of Congress. Therein lies the major opening for Democrats in 2014 and in 2016.”

• June 30, 2014 at 7:41 pm

yessssssss/…Bob…..

and this line…

If we want to beat back the unprecedented attack on women’s health care, then we must take responsibility to end the Republicans’ war on women once and for all. We must take responsibility not to allow 2014 to become just any other midterm. We must take responsibility to stop right wing corporations from chipping away at women’s healthy, bit by bit turning them into second class citizens.

21. June 30, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Chips! Did you see the stats today for #SoSueMe and #SoSueMe Part 2??? They’re the most-read posts for today, and you posted them 2 days ago!

• June 30, 2014 at 7:10 pm

The funniest thing, LL, when I arrived at the blog this morning there were a bunch of comments from RWNJs in pending, predictably not entirely pleasant, under those posts, so I’m assuming we’ve been linked at a RWNJ site :-) Hence the traffic spike – thank you RWNJs!!!!

22. 124 sherijr
    June 30, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Oh you guys are so dang awesome :) Well Done Ms Chips, Nerdy and all of TOD!!