Jul

Austin ♥ President Obama

BsNJFiqCAAEB7wm.jpg-large

Doug Mills: Obama gets a fist pump as he pays for his lunch during a surprise visit to Franklin Barbecue in Texas #obamaaustin

f715be8ce989831a590f6a7067003c4f

9ad29a89e97a831a590f6a706700e591

BsM8kmVCIAAyYDs.jpg-large

Doug Mills: President Obama gestures as he arrives to make remarks at the The Paramount Theatre, Austin TX #longhorns #ObamaTX

07f94a3ee981831a590f6a7067003538

President Barack Obama meets with Kinsey Button at Magnolia Cafe in Austin, Texas. Kinsey, a student at the University of Texas at Austin, wrote the President a letter in January explaining her family’s struggle to lead a middle class life when both of her parents lost their jobs in the wake of the Great Recession

2cff1bc7e9af841a590f6a706700fc1e

26d2fabde985831a590f6a706700d09d

President Barack Obama waves prior to boarding Air Force One before his departure from Austin, Texas

fc2e29dbe97c831a590f6a7067009e96

2f6f2843e977831a590f6a706700c549

President Barack Obama jokes with patrons as he orders barbecue for himself and the people in the front of the line at Franklin Barbecue in Austin, Texas. At right is Kinsey Button, who introduced the President in his speech earlier that afternoon

2014-07-10T190612Z_430899560_GM1EA7B08JX01_RTRMADP_3_USA-OBAMA

2014-07-10T193010Z_703601424_GM1EA7B09JG01_RTRMADP_3_USA-OBAMA

Dan Pfeiffer, senior advisor to President Barack Obama, and traveling aide Bobby Schmuck carry President Obama’s order from Franklin Barbecue onto Air Force One

2014-07-10T190300Z_424614127_GM1EA7B089T01_RTRMADP_3_USA-OBAMA

2014-07-10T192725Z_2010791950_GM1EA7B09HF01_RTRMADP_3_USA-OBAMA

President Barack Obama fist bumps the cashier after paying for his order at Franklin Barbecue in Austin, Texas

141 Responses to “Austin ♥ President Obama”

July 10, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Hi. Bye.

2. July 10, 2014 at 4:48 pm

“Just another day”

• 30 Nena20409
      July 10, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Look at those Baby’s eyes…..looking straight down to TV/Camera, something……Focused ;)

• 31 dotster3
      July 10, 2014 at 6:04 pm

That is a CUTE baby——looks remarkably like my little grandbabe—–so, of course—–CUTE to the max.

3. July 10, 2014 at 4:51 pm

I really love this man :-)

4. 34 donna dem 4 obama
    July 10, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Reading on my TL that ole Ed Schultz is gonna have Dinesh DSouza on his show today. I’ll just say this right now Ed is full of Do-Do and if you can spare yourself please do not support his show today!

5. 50 Nena20409
    July 10, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Congrats to Amk and Japa for their Gold Medals ;)

Austin <3 Pres Obama is indeed a great thread…..LOVE it. Thanks NW ;)

6. July 10, 2014 at 5:08 pm

If there has ever been an unfortunate name, it has to be PBO’s traveling aide’s name, Bobby Schmuck.

• July 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Thought that too LL, most unfortunate!!!!

PS Quite like the name of a Tory MP I saw yesterday: Mark Reckless. Perfect.

July 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm

The fact he’s an apparent success in life with that name means he’s just the kind of person PBO would want on his staff!

• 57 mtmarilyn
      July 10, 2014 at 6:17 pm

I wonder if he is related to my girl friend who grew up with the name of America Virginia Schmuck. Needless to say she got married in college, her husband was killed in Vietnam. She never married again, but always kept his last name. She did stand much teasing in college. Her parents are dead and she thinks she doesn’t have any relatives. I’ll have to ask her. Thanks for the heads up on his name.

7. 58 57andfemale
    July 10, 2014 at 5:11 pm

I’d heard about this and it slipped my mind: that the owners of Hobby Lobby are literally funding and trying to push upon us, Christian biblical teachings in public schools. These are the nuts that SCOTUS has given power over their employees. The world has gone mad:

• 59 dotster3
      July 10, 2014 at 5:58 pm

The religious radical right got their majority on the Sup. Ct.——they are the most powerful branch, can void decades of accepted law, the ultimate decision makers. There is nothing more horrifying.

8. 60 57andfemale
    July 10, 2014 at 5:17 pm

9. 61 anniebella
    July 10, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Okay, I’m going to say what POTUS love to say…..VOTE don’t boo. If Austin love POTUS then in November get your behinds out to vote. It’s find to cheer and yell during speeches, but we need our base to come out to Vote in November. If we come out and keep the Senate, and if we can’t get the House, but maybe gain some seats, that would show we really do love POTUS. We can no let another 2010 occur. We can not folks.

10. July 10, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Just back to TOD after a couple hours, and…

– Blue stars are gone (sorry, 57F :( )
    – Lots of pics of our President in Austin, but WHERE’S NW??? Wish she had been in the audience behind the President’s speech or at Franklin’s BBQ.
    – Bobby Schmuck may have an unfortunate last name, but we love him anyway. Maybe he could be in the forefront of marrying and adopting his spouse’s last name (if his spouse’s name isn’t Bobby or Hobby or something else that rhymes, LOL).

Such a treat to get Texas BBQ takeout to the WH!

Hoping PBO makes it to NC, cause I love the NC BBQ visits!

• July 10, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Forgot to mention that CBS radio news played a portion of PBO’s speech, something that they rarely do. They intro’d the clip by saying something to the effect that PBO was fired up in Austin!

11. July 10, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Energizer Bunny…….man!!

12. July 10, 2014 at 5:33 pm

13. July 10, 2014 at 5:34 pm

14. July 10, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Whaaa?

Whoops….can’t wait till the select com. hearings

WASHINGTON (AP) – The testimony of nine military officers undermines contentions by Republican lawmakers that a “stand-down order” held back military assets that could have saved the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans killed at a diplomatic outpost and CIA annex in Benghazi, Libya…….continued

15. July 10, 2014 at 5:42 pm

The media for weeks has been hair on fire about Speaker Boehner suing President Obama…..they never failed to mention for what:

16. July 10, 2014 at 5:44 pm

• 79 99ts
      July 10, 2014 at 6:26 pm

From the party that wants to repeal the whole law – who screamed this was unfair to the employers – they have all lost their minds – Boehner is led through the nose by the truly insane.

• 80 SUE DUVALL SMITH
      July 10, 2014 at 6:30 pm

DEMS. NEED TO REPEAT THIS CONSTANTLY….TAXPAYER FUNDED LAWSUIT…BOEHNER IS RIDING ON AMERICA’S MONEY….PEOPLE ARE VERY TIRED OF THIS TRASH AGAINST THE PRESIDENT. BOEHNER NEEDS TO LOSE HIS JOB…HE CAN ALWAYS WORK SOMEWHERE AS A BARTENDER!

17. July 10, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Posted this on the previous thread by mistake.

Totally OT, but look what @CarolMaeWY sent me!

I told her that I love silver bangles because my roommate in college (from the SF Bay area) wore them, and so did Janis Joplin, who no doubt inspired Stevie Nicks to do likewise.

Here’s my reply (@CarolMaeWY was thanking me for a small gift that I sent her):

And the best thing is that yesterday UPS delivered some silver bangles I ordered from Etsy over the weekend — fast delivery from Hawaii — which I’m thrilled with because they are my size (most stores/websites sell only sizes that are way too big for me).

Love that Janis is being honored by USPS

• July 10, 2014 at 5:47 pm

:-) Congratulations on your bangles Arapaho415, we want pics!!!!!

• 83 Cindy
      July 10, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Happy BEAUTIFUL Thursday Arapaho415!
      Thank you for sharing.

How is CarolMaeWY doing? I haven’t seen any of her posts here lately, unless I have missed them. I do hope that she is doing well and that her eyes are much better.

Have a WONDERFUL DAY!

• 84 57andfemale
        July 10, 2014 at 6:23 pm

She was having vertigo problems, but it appears that she is posting again on Twitter. I will send her a DM and hopefully she’ll be able to fill us in.

• 85 Cindy
          July 10, 2014 at 6:39 pm

So sorry to hear this. Thank you 57andfemale for the follow up. I don’t always catch up with reading the posts that I have missed, so I was always wondering if I was just missing her post, due to my hectic schedule at times.

I hope that you and Mr.57andfemale and of course; Miss Pearl, Mr. Kasper, and Mr. Nickelby are all doing well.
          Have a WONDERFUL DAY!

• July 10, 2014 at 6:08 pm

So cool! Arapaho415, I used to travel to Mexico every year for about a decade and I would buy 3 – 4 gorgeous silver bracelets every time. I had a big collection and wore them stacked like that. Then my apartment was burglarized and all my jewelry was stolen. SADNESS.

• July 10, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Oh dear, sorry to hear that.

I was burgularized a year ago and lost some of my favorite jewelry items, so I understand how you felt — not good, for days, weeks.

I’ll tweet a photo, maybe after Labor Day when the RWNJ/MSM idiocy really goes into overdrive and TODville’s thoughts will turn toward Christmas/holiday shopping.

Or if I see Susanne here, since she’s probably neighbors with the wonderful artist whose wares are on arm now.

18. 88 57andfemale
    July 10, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Holy shit. They’re kidding, right? RIGHT?!?!?!

• 89 Nena20409
      July 10, 2014 at 5:57 pm

54 Time to repeal ACA….netted them Nothing.

Not to mention the GOP asked for the delay for all mandates.

Not to mention the many more time the House voted for Replace and Repeal.

• 90 99ts
        July 10, 2014 at 6:36 pm

They literally have no shame – what an excuse for legislators is this lot – be nice if a few employers came out and supported the delay – but no doubt they’ll support Boehner against their own interests.

19. 91 dotster3
    July 10, 2014 at 5:47 pm

House Repubs just voted to sue PBO—-because he changed the healthcare law re. employer mandate, or something. What a crock.

• 92 57andfemale
      July 10, 2014 at 5:53 pm

This is seriously hilarious. There won’t be enough paper in D.C. to document similar administrative changes like this, made by damn near every American president.

And they decided to choose the issue that businesses wanted.

Hilarious.

20. 93 Nena20409
    July 10, 2014 at 5:50 pm

21. 94 Nena20409
    July 10, 2014 at 5:53 pm

A letter by Boehner to the POTUS in 2013.

• 95 Nena20409
      July 10, 2014 at 6:12 pm

• 96 donna dem 4 obama
      July 10, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Okay it sounds like he didn’t have a problem with the employer mandate delay back in 2013. It’s was just that he wanted the delay to extend to individuals as well. Am I correct? Cuz then that makes his lawsuit a big fat meaningless stunt just like PBO predicted it would be.

• 97 57andfemale
        July 10, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Of course not. It was a giveaway to big business. GOP loves big business, doesn’t it?

• 98 Nena20409
        July 10, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Yep and now He is suing for what and The DC/NY Media would eat it all up and Never would question the Validity or better yet, call it what it is……..A Gimmick and unworthy of national coverage.

The Media would be on the sidelines cheering as during the BIRTHER crap…..Not ever calling the GOP out for Criminalizing pres Obama’s Constitutional Executive Authority.

• July 10, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Exactly Donna!

They started out saying that the lawsuit was supposed to be about PBO’s overreach through EO’s. Now it appears that the lawsuit is more that the EO did not go as far as *they* wanted it to.

• 100 57andfemale
        July 10, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Yes, GOP wanted ALL mandates delayed, because without the mandate it was possible that ACA could be seriously crippled.

Frankly, at the time I didn’t think the delay should happen: they had 4 effing years to plan for ACA – businesses and the insurance industry. It was the reason ACA got muddled in American brains – they saw few benefits and therefore didn’t support it and fell for GOP lies.

Bush made similar administrative changes to Medicare Part D. As I said earlier, there isn’t enough paper to document administrative changes.

This was not an executive order, was it? Wasn’t this just an administrative change? That’s what the executive branch does – it administrates.

• July 10, 2014 at 6:42 pm

I think Boehner dreams up anti-POTUS schemes over drinks at his local watering hole. His buddies slap his back and say what a good idea it is, and JB moves forward the next morning.

By afternoon, when the hangover’s gone, reality hits him and he realizes he has no plan and has to make something up. This seems to be a pattern for him.

22. 102 Vicki
    July 10, 2014 at 5:56 pm

The President made this important fact clear many times but I don’t think it has penetrated:
    The border is Secure.
    The kids that are being held, surrendered to Border Agents.
    They did NOT cross the border undetected.
    Nevertheless, the endlessly patient POTUS nodded along with Doofus Perry that we need to add agents and re-position agents.

Enforcement is not the issue.
    Refugee children fleeing horrific danger is what we need to focus on. Mexico needs to contribute BIG to this effort. Where is the Mexican government in this?

Imagine if King Abdullah of Jordan treated Syrian refugees the way the GOP wants us to do in Texas!
    Millions—yes, I said millions of people fleeing Syria’s Assad are being housed and cared for in Jordan and Lebanon and probably in Iraq as well at least until ISIS.
    The United States is sending aid to Jordan to assist.
    WTF is wrong with the GOP/MSM?

Hatred for President Obama seems like an inadequate answer to this current display of heartlessness. The day of conciousness returning to the befuddled brainwashed Americans can’t come too soon for me.

• 103 99ts
      July 10, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Refugees are a world problem that some folks (including in my world) want to call “illegals” because they want to send the problem some place else. We are part of the issues that create the refugees then want to give them away. Interesting that we weren’t this way post WWII. Wonder why that was?

• 104 sjterrid
      July 10, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Thanks Vicki. Excellent point.

23. July 10, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Dear god……take cover we are entering a war zone……..I mean the Rio Grande: The flack jacket is a fine touch (what actually are they going to shoot at?)

• July 10, 2014 at 6:04 pm

:roll:

• 109 GGail
        July 10, 2014 at 6:12 pm

CHIPS!!!!!!

I had already seen the pic when LP posted it, so I was wondering why would Chips post this pic again…and there is my answer. :shock:

Hurt my face funny!!!

• 113 Layla
        July 10, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Breaking News: Perry and Hannity are going to shoot the children!

• July 10, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Ha, they would probably love to, Layla!

• 115 Cindy
          July 10, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Sad thing about this Layla, is that Hannity is talking up the Militia going to the borders. Dr. Dyson was pleading with people to stop this talk because the two police officers were killed by individuals who hated government and had gone to Bundy’s ranch.

Dr. Dyson showed a clip of Hannity talking to pouty face Perry about the militia. These people are absolutely crazy and it’s not; if they do something, it is a matter of when because they are filled with hate, and that hate will cause a nut to kill a child and mother in cold blood as they did those officers.

• 116 Layla
            July 10, 2014 at 6:42 pm

I know Cindy, I was just making fun of the pic! Did not mean it to be insensitive to the dangers to the women and children…

• 117 99ts
          July 10, 2014 at 6:45 pm

I wrote my comment above before I saw yours Layla – like minds :)

• 118 SUE DUVALL SMITH
        July 10, 2014 at 6:39 pm

THINK ABOUT IT…IF THEY INVITE DICK CHENEY…HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO WING BOTH OF EM!’…3 STOOGES!

• 119 CEB
      July 10, 2014 at 6:17 pm

The stupid is just too much. Guns=penis = search for missing manhood.
      Meanwhile, PBO shows everyday, without stunts, yelling, or chest thumping, what a real man is.

• 120 GGail
        July 10, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Yes CEB, And PBO will take off his suit jacket, roll up his shirt sleeves and hold a conversation with the average person on the street or the billionaire in the boardroom.

July 10, 2014 at 6:28 pm

• 122 Nena20409
      July 10, 2014 at 6:28 pm

So what exactly did James Richard Perry solve by this pose he struck? I thought it was about the Border Invasion? Where are they? Why would standing next to a Border Patrolman with a heavy loaded ‘machine gun’ be something that would entice the TBGOPers to give Perry another chance in 2016? Dream On……is indeed a song. All I have seen is a Large Body of Water.

What a pathetic FOOL.

24. 125 donna dem 4 obama
    July 10, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Oh Oh….

• 126 CEB
      July 10, 2014 at 6:23 pm

This is my asshole govt.;cannot want for Golem to be voted out. You should see the adds where he tries to reinvent himself, as if we have forgotten what a disaster he has been for the state.

25. 127 99ts
    July 10, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Good morning – and where are the little stars!!

26. 134 zekke Lydonna
    July 10, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Perhaps we can all send Hobby Lobby a gift. Something in the form of a vagina?

Hobby Lobby Corporate Office

7707 SW 44th St.

Oklahoma City, OK 73179

• 135 Nena20409
      July 10, 2014 at 6:32 pm

There was that picture with an exchange US student stuck in a sculptured vagina in Europe somewhere……I laughed at the poor man….but it could be a good one to tweet to HL

• 136 Layla
      July 10, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I. Am. Dying!!!! LOL

27. 137 zekke Lydonna
    July 10, 2014 at 6:31 pm

28. July 10, 2014 at 6:32 pm

The GOP is constantly wailing about government overspending. There is not enough to fund food stamps, extend unemployment, repair our infrastructures, etc. But it is okay for tax payers to pay for this stupid lawsuit…just as it has been okay for tax payers to continue to pay *them* a salary for doing nothing.

• 139 Layla
      July 10, 2014 at 6:36 pm

POTUS, the Constitutional lawyer, will deal with the fools…..the countersuit should a thing of beauty!

29. 140 anniebella
    July 10, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I was watching Rev. Al discuss Boehner release what he was suing the President about. All I can say is, to those who stayed home in 2010 and didn’t vote…….I want to thank all you for allowing us to have a sorry stupid ass speaker. This mess make no sense at all.