Jul

ObamaCare: Preserving Medicare For Future Generations

shepard-fairey-barack-obama-1

Mother Jones: Medicare Just Keeps Producing Great Budget News

Medicare has been a bastion of good news lately. Every year, the CBO reduces its baseline estimate of Medicare costs, which have dropped by more than $1,000 since 2010. It is clear that the Medicare savings provisions in the ACA, such as reductions in provider payment updates and Medicare Advantage payments, have played a major role. In addition to scheduled reductions in Medicare’s more formulaic payment rates, providers may be tightening their belts and looking to deliver care more efficiently in response to financial incentives included in the ACA, and it is possible that these changes are having a bigger effect than expected.

For example, CMS recently reported that hospital readmission rates dropped by 130,000 between January 2012 and August 2013. It is also possible that hospitals and other providers are using data and other analytic tools more successfully to track utilization and spending and to reduce excess costs. Another more straightforward factor is that several expensive and popular brand-name drugs have gone off patent in recent years, which has helped to keep Medicare drug spending in check.

More here

BsHvoXwIEAAtWn2.png-large

103 Responses to “ObamaCare: Preserving Medicare For Future Generations”

1. July 11, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Thanks a gazillion Nerdy!!!

2. 7 taiping1
    July 11, 2014 at 12:56 pm

My patients are happy. Thanks NW!

July 11, 2014 at 1:00 pm

bt, might wanna check this comment in the last thread.

4. 11 Vicki
    July 11, 2014 at 1:01 pm

LeBron James is going home to Cleveland. I am happy for the fans in Cleveland and hope that New York fans like me get to have Melo stay in his home, NY, too.

5. 13 Nena20409
    July 11, 2014 at 1:02 pm

7-11-14

Josh “The Voice” Earnest is Now Live and at the Podium

6. 14 57andfemale
    July 11, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Thanks, Japa:

7. 15 Nena20409
    July 11, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Brilliant Thread on ACA. Fine job, Ms NW.

Congrats to Chips on her Au :star:

8. 16 Nena20409
    July 11, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Thers’s No Place like HOME ;)

• 17 Vicki
      July 11, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Please read this letter. It is heartfelt and beautiful. LeBron James is a mensch.

• 18 Cindy
      July 11, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Congratulations Mr. James,

We will miss you in Florida but you must do what is good and right for you and your family. At the end of the day, you must be happy.

Thank you for your service, we won championships because of your commitment to the game you love so dearly.

No complaints from me, you did us well during your time of service.

THANK YOU!!!

• 19 Dakota
      July 11, 2014 at 2:11 pm

This makes me very happy. I have always admired him and believed even at 19 had more maturity than 99% of the people in the NBA. He put his love of family and home first in his decision and put aside the hatred that was hurled at him when he left Cleveland to return. This is a MAN and I wish him all the best.

9. 21 Ahero62
    July 11, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I’m one of the lurkers here on TOD though I login daily and I confess this is the one site that kept me sane during the difficult times during and after the 2008 and 2012 elections. I’m de-lurking today just to comment on the border issue and give my two cents worth. On many issues, I agree with most people here on TOD but on this border issue I do not and I hope that is ok. In my opinion the people crossing the border illegally should all be deported back to their countries without exception. Giving them shelter, medical, clothing and today I heard even schooling will only encourage more and more to come. So when we will say enough is enough? Are we prepared for millions more that will surely follow? Why should we add to the national debt to take care of people from other countries, countries that we give enough aid as it is but with corrupt governments? What about the poor people right here in America? How come we have never sought 4B to take care of the inner city kids? There is gun violence and gang problems right here in America, how is that different from violence in Central America? We are only enriching the cartels that charge thousands of dollars to bring these people to our borders. I’m not buying the media narrative that young children as old as 4 or 8 are travelling by themselves from three thousand miles away to reach our borders. How do they know where to go, where to find food, bathroom facilities, etc. No, there is something going on here and we the public are being taken for a ride. There are desperate people all over the world and we cannot take responsibility for everyone of them. Every immigrant should follow the current laws to enter the country.

• 22 Vicki
      July 11, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I’ll repeat my comment from the last thread:
      We cannot help every needy person but we can help some. I support PBO’s position on this crisis.

• 23 japa21
      July 11, 2014 at 1:26 pm

The only problem with your scenario is that we cannot legally do what you are saying we should do. I would add that we also cannot do it morally, but that is a persofeeling of mine and, as such, somewhat irrelevant.

Current law requires us to find lodging, etc for these children until such time as we are able to determine the why’s and wherefors. If it is determined that they are, indeed, fleeing violence and possible forced prostitution, we must then be able to provide for them.

We are looking at 50-80,000 kids this year. Less than 2,000 kids per state. Of course we can, as a country, handle that. Many of them may even have relatives here who can take them in.

I agree, we also have to look at taking care of the less fortunate among us. But it isn’t an either/or proposition. There is no reason we can’t do both.

Oh, and we really don’t spend all that much on foreign aid.

• 24 Nena20409
        July 11, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Brilliantly stated.

US spends the least percentage of GDP of all Western Nations per capita on Foreign Aid.

• 25 Bill R.
      July 11, 2014 at 1:26 pm

You are conflating issues. The immediate problem is children coming from Central America to escape conditions there and seek asylum. These children are required by law to be screened and cared for, and to make sure they are returned to a safe environment, free from sex trafficking and violence. That is a law signed by GWB. The longer term issue is entire generations of immigrants who have lived, worked, and raised their families in an undocumented status. So you need to get your facts straight and not buy the right wing narrative.

• 26 Cindy
      July 11, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Haven’t seen any of your posts here Ahero62,

However, your statement; “No, there is something going on here and we the public are being taken for a ride” doesn’t support reality. You almost sound like you’re injecting some type of Perry/repukes “conspiracy theory” against the White House and President Obama.

I don’t feel that I am being taken for a ride in anyway. I am simply following the story line. Any child can travel alone if they are receiving assistance from strangers, or travel in packs. Your statement comes across as if President Obama is discriminating against Americans for others, and this to me, is the farthest thing from the truth.

We have a compassionate and loving President towards all of God’s children, and right now, he is working hard to right some wrongs. Everything in life is not equal nor always fair; you work with the hand you are dealt, and as long as President Obama’s heart is in the right place (and it is), solutions will come.

Please don’t use the talking points of those who refuse to work with President Obama. This is a man who is working for America and the World, and he is due the respect that he has earned. Those children and babies, are his children right now, and I can assure that this is breaking his heart and Mrs. Obama’s heart.

I am not being taken for a ride; without hesitation, “I Trust President Obama.”

• 27 57andfemale
        July 11, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Immigration hits a nerve with a lot of people. If people haven’t followed the full story, there is a knee-jerk response, even from liberals and Dems. Mr. 57 is one of them. He has a very close friend who is barely subsisting on a small pension and social security, trying to help his grandsons keep out of trouble and get into school. Many people who are living with difficulties and dealing with the heartlessness of the GOP Congress, are finding it hard to see why long term UE can’t be extended, veterans are hurting, and yet we need money for this crisis of refugee children.

I’m on PBO’s side on this, but it has led to some difficult conversations here at home. It is not the same as so many other issues where it’s “us against them” in the msm and the GOP. This is harder to explain to Americans who are struggling.

We live in Luis Gutierrez’ district (we’re on the wrong side of the street from our previous, excellent congressman, Mike Quigley). We get NOTHING from Gutierrez, we get no answers, no return phone calls. He wanted to jettison ACA because it didn’t include undocumented aliens, when his own district is full of hard-working Hispanics who desperately needed access to health care. So to see him grandstand in TX over the only issue he cares about – immigration – makes me sound like a RWNJ, too. I want CIR, but it is not the only issue facing this very troubled nation.

I’m thinking at Ahero62 is coming from the same place that I notice from many others, even staunch PBO supporters. It’s very difficult.

July 11, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Too many people are under the flawed the assumption that money used to help refugee children is somehow the same money used for UE or veteran benefits, etc, and that one is done at the expense of the other. Nothing could be further from the truth. BOTH can be accomplished relatively quickly with little impact on the other. Taking care of people from other countries does NOT add to the national debt. The media ought to know that. The GOP knows it. The President knows it. And right now the ball rests solely in the GOP’s court. Any thing else is a distraction and an attempt to deflect away from the real source of these current problems – the Republicans in congress.

Our attention should be laser focused on the GOP in congress, not on the the President, and certainly not on the immigrants/refugees, the long-term unemployed or the veterans.

• 29 57andfemale
            July 11, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Of course you’re right, hopefruit. But that does not compute or is simply not interesting enough to many with a simplistic view. Particularly since the GOP has made ‘offsets’ a prerequisite to doing anything, even funding FEMA for natural disasters or a crisis. So it’s become conventional wisdom that 4B here can be used for 4B somewhere else. Even Mr. 57 said, “They’ll borrow that money from China!” God. But he was raised very poor, blue collar, and saw relatives fight for jobs with ‘illegal aliens’. It strikes a chord with the blue collar liberal, I’m afraid. This is going to be a very messy, difficult situation to maneuver through.

I am in no way defending this position. I just wanted to use for context a lot of what I’m hearing, even from serious liberals who are behind PBO all the time.

July 11, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Definitely 57 – we make jokes about FOX News and RWNJ’s, yet too many liberals themselves are unaware of how things really work and fall prey to this kind of GOP-sponsored demagoguery.

• 31 57andfemale
                July 11, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I love Mr. 57 and his Dem friends, but I am always surprised at what I have to explain – again.

July 11, 2014 at 2:37 pm

UGH…I can just imagine your frustration! {{{57}}}}

• 33 57andfemale
                    July 11, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I’ve been frustrated with his senior friends throughout all of PBO’s tenure. I tore my hair out on ACA when they were always willing to fall for the “Obama’s cutting my Medicare!” scare tactic, but would never believe my “PBO is GIVING you benefits in Medicare and you’re getting your benefits before anyone else!”

Drove me mad. That’s how we ended up with Mark Kirk for a senator, who will gut their Medicare at the drop of a hat. Frustrating doesn’t begin to describe it.

July 11, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Well, if it’s any comfort, I hope you are able to have one or two “I-told-you-so” moments with regard to the ACA….everything you’ve told them about the goodness of the ACA is now turning out to be 100% correct!

• 35 57andfemale
                      July 11, 2014 at 3:27 pm

There are still some seniors who don’t realize that the closing of the donut hole and the free screenings, etc. are directly from ACA. But we are winning them back. so it’s getting through.

• 36 Cindy
          July 11, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Hi 57andfemale,
          Happy Friday to you, and hope you’re having a good one.

As for me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, we all have them (opinions). What bothers me, is when people make statements like; something is going on or we’re being taken for a ride (played a fool).

Nothing in life is ever truly black or white when it comes to challenges. It breaks my heart to drive by homeless people, and it’s men, women and families that are out there begging, and it hurts. It hurts to see our kids in schools that are falling apart, and if you drive further north, you will see a school that is beautiful and made for the movies. So much is going on in this country, and the President is being dealt so many hands without enough help.

I’ve heard a lot of people complaining about this (taking care of others and not taking care of home) when I am out shopping, local news, my neighbors, you name it. Like I said, for me, this ideal that “something is going on and we are being taken for a ride”, just comes across as another conspiratorial talking point.

I never thought that it was fair that people who had insurance were treated better than those who don’t, and I witnessed this treatment first hand when I was hospitalized. To see people dignity taken from them was painful and I was helpless.

In due season, we were blessed to have a President to make health care for everyone his priority, and the rich boys in Washington still wants to take it away. I pray that this is worked out, I pray that one day we will live in a society, when we can all take care of our brothers and sisters when they are in need.

IMHO, the President is working with the hand he has been dealt; all things are not equal, and all things are not fair, but it doesn’t make it a conspiracy when we don’t understand all of the working components, and it surely doesn’t mean that we have all been bamboozled.

Just my personal opinion.

• 37 57andfemale
            July 11, 2014 at 2:29 pm

This is only an issue because the GOP wants to use it as a club against PBO, and they have an issue that crosses party lines, to some degree.

That being said, the interest in this is going to fade. GOP will again look heartless. Conflating these refugee children to extending difficult-to-get ‘amnesty’ for children living here from the 1990’s, is only going to rile up the base and further turn American Hispanics against the GOP.

The only point I would make to you, Cindy: it may sound conspiratorial, but my point is that I’m seeing it strike a chord with otherwise very Democratic-leaning voters. That being said, people like Mr. 57 and his friend make disagree with PBO on this, but they are not running to the RWNJ GOP on anything else. So it’s a lot of hot air and will soon become yesterday’s news.

• 38 Cindy
              July 11, 2014 at 2:42 pm

True, my neighbors are democrats; upset – yes, vote for repukes -NO.

I have said to each one during our talks; what would the world be like, if we all agreed on all things, all of the time? Just don’t sit home pouting on November 4th 2014 – this too shall pass : )

• 39 57andfemale
                July 11, 2014 at 3:01 pm

That’s the real joke about this: The GOP thinks this will get traction, but it’s not going to change one Dem to a Republican. Not a one.

July 11, 2014 at 2:44 pm

I certainly don’t mind hearing your views, although I don’t agree with you (I recognize there are those who might). Perhaps when more facts are known, you may come to different conclusions. It’s a tragic situation, and I’m not one to push away people less fortunate than we are, just because it’s messy. We have a huge country, and lots of assets, and we really can’t point the finger at other countries ~ to accept refugees and treat them fairly ~ if we aren’t willing to do good works, ourselves. Just my take.

10. 41 anniebella
    July 11, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I was watching ESPN, King James is heading back to Cleveland.

11. 42 Nerdy Wonka
    July 11, 2014 at 1:25 pm

If you haven’t read this essay, you must, must, MUST.

Now I know why President Obama speaks highly of him.

• 43 Vicki
      July 11, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Agree, NW. ESPN radio just read the letter aloud.

As I said above LeBron James is a mensch—which translates from the yiddish loosely to grown-up responsible adult. Big compliment.

• 44 symmetry11
      July 11, 2014 at 2:03 pm

I just read it. It is a really well thought out piece. You can tell that he put some serious thought into his decision and what was best for his family and his home community.

• 45 COS
      July 11, 2014 at 2:04 pm

The only thing that I can say about this Op-Ed is Wow, what a guy!!!! Thanks for sharing this link NW.

12. 46 Nena20409
    July 11, 2014 at 1:26 pm

• July 11, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Okay, I’m in tears after reading that. Though we haven’t lived in OH since 1989, all the sports teams are near and dear to me. Still have many friends there and I know how thrilled they are. So glad he is “going home.”

July 11, 2014 at 1:30 pm

The Reagan that some won’t/don’t.choose not to remember…are we paying for this now with immigrants from Central America?

Ronald Reagan, Enabler of Atrocities

Yet, even as the United States celebrates Reagan’s centennial birthday and lavishes praise on his supposed accomplishments, very little time has been spent reflecting on the unnecessary bloodbaths that Reagan enabled in many parts of the world.

Those grisly deaths and ugly tortures get whisked away as if they were just small necessities in Reagan’s larger success “winning the Cold War” – even though the competition between the United States and the Soviet Union was already winding down before Reagan arrived on the national scene. [See Consortiumnews.com’s “Reagan’s ‘Tear Down This Wall’ Myth.”]

Yet, Reagan’s Cold War obsessions helped unleash right-wing “death squads” and murderous militaries on the common people in many parts of the Third World, but nowhere worse than in Latin America.

In the 1970s and 1980s, as Latin American security forces were sharpening themselves into finely honed killing machines, Reagan was there as an ardent defender, making excuses for the atrocities, and sending money and equipment to make the forces even more lethal.

• July 11, 2014 at 1:36 pm

More tragic “blowback” from the horrible foreign policies of the Reagan Administration.

• July 11, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Oh yeah. I remember this. The gangs are the outgrowth of that madness.

• 52 carolyn
        July 11, 2014 at 3:49 pm

This Latin American situation and the refugees reminds me starkly of a Latin American History class I took at GW in 1961! The professor was brilliant, and I learned so much. One thing he said has stuck with me for over fifty years: Our failure to pay attention to and deal successfully with Latin America will eventually turn on us and cause us trouble. He was right. He said constantly ignoring them as they didn’t count was going to harm us and them in the future.

I know PBO and his admin have been trying to rebuild relations with these countries. I also know Reagan so poisoned the well that it’s a long, slow, difficult process.

• 53 jackiegrumbacher
      July 11, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Oh, Df, we have been mopping up the tragic consequences of Reagan’s so-called accomplishments for decades. He was a destructive force that ripped across the American middle class and devastated it, caused lasting problems in Latin America and throughout the world and sowed the seeds of the financial calamity of 2008. I would personally rate him among the worst presidents in our history.

14. 54 donna dem 4 obama
    July 11, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Good Afternoon TOD!!

For.The.Win.

15. 56 carolyn
    July 11, 2014 at 1:38 pm

We have a rather personal interest in the refugee crisis because the couple who take care of our lawn and trees, and are wonderful people, are from Honduras. They came about ten years ago because of the horrible corruption and danger in that country.t I think conditions have only become worse since they left. They have built a landscaping business from their own hard labors. I admire them so much. Their son is attending our local good public high school, with a desire to be a doctor. Their quality far surpasses any of the people yelling against them.

Several weeks ago when talking with them, we learned that every month they take $300 and go to thrift stores and buy clothes to send to family and friends still in Honduras. They are certainly not rich, but they do this! We have contributed and will continue to do so. In conversation with Jesse, (the wife) my husband asked her about President Obama. She loves him. Says he is trying to help people. When has asked her about GWB, she said “He’s stupid!” I think they probably expressed the predominant views of the Central American immigrant population. I have total confidence in them. They are smarter than any of the yelling protesters.

July 11, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Absolutely. They have endured a life very few Americans can even pretend to know…yet they persevered an did well for themselves and are now helping their family back home. THIS is the American Dream.

• 58 pkayden
      July 11, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Great post, Carolyn:

While I understand that we cannot take in every immigrant who wants to come to the U.S., we can treat these children with dignity and respect. It’s sad that parents are sending their children thousands of miles away to flee corruption and violence. And as a first generation immigrant, I would like Americans to remember that except for the First Nations peoples, we are all immigrants.

16. 59 donna dem 4 obama
    July 11, 2014 at 1:44 pm

I learn something new everyday. Did you all know that you can “mute” a person on twitter?

It works really well.

• 60 Nerdy Wonka
      July 11, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Yup. It’s been around for a month plus on Twitter. Before, it only used to be available for third party Twitter applications. Twitter finally listened to women who were being abused and harassed in horrible ways and took responsibility.

17. July 11, 2014 at 1:47 pm

18. 65 carolyn
    July 11, 2014 at 2:02 pm

To Chips, or NerdyWonka, or whatever blog tyrant starts a new thread.

There are two pieces from Early Bird Chat that I think deserve to be front paged. I don’t know the reference or how to do that, but they are a few after the ugly picture of GWB, and are thoughtful. They are from Lovepolitics2008 which begins by quoting a line from the previous post “They want to redeem Bush.” THIS, and then Cindy’s response to that post. Those are good pieces of analysis, and need to be disseminated widely. A very clear analysis of how Republicans operate and how they want to bring PBO down to Dumbya’s level by the end of his two terms..

19. July 11, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Turns out the conspiracy theories were not all that conspiratorial:

This is why Plouffe is also a genius…..he saw this coming

Just after Tuesday’s announcement that Cleveland would host the convention in late June or July, I spoke with Obama’s campaign guru, David Plouffe, who criticized the timing, pointing out that a June convention would have to compete for viewers with the NBA finals—no easy task.
    In an interview with Fox News, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus also raised the complicating factor of the NBA championship, saying it was something that Republicans would need to work out.

I’ll leave it to Nate Silver to gauge the odds of this actually happening, but a nightmare scenario could conceivably come into play. Right now, the Cleveland Cavaliers are furiously clearing cap space in an effort lure James back to town. It’s not as crazy as it sounds. The Cavs, led by Kyrie Irving, have plenty of young talent. Let’s say James takes the plunge. And let’s say that, two years from now, the Cavs are in the NBA finals. That would be one of the all-time great story lines in sports. Cleveland would go bonkers. And whichever unfortunate soul happened to be the Republican nominee would have to compete with all this.

According to Plouffe—and who could argue?—that person would be screwed. “My strong suspicion,” says Plouffe, “is that the good citizens of Cleveland would not find Ted Cruz and Rand Paul adequate competition for LeBron.”

20. 68 JER
    July 11, 2014 at 2:14 pm

July 11, 2014 at 2:24 pm

22. July 11, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Front Page of tomorrow’s Cleveland Plain Dealer:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

July 11, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Oh, the “analysts” are in a spin this week about the goodness that is the ACA. Probably can’t sleep at night. And I laugh.

July 11, 2014 at 2:42 pm

LP posted some more details upthread…this is going to be interesting to watch. Another train wreck in the making, just like their “We Built This” RNC non-Convention in Tampa FL 2012.

• 78 Vicki
      July 11, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Hilarious!!!!! If we didn’t know before that the GOP/MSM is made up of out-of-touch old farts—this proves it.

• 80 Cindy
      July 11, 2014 at 3:31 pm

NEWS ALERT!!

President Obama coerces LeBron James to return to Cleveland to interfere, and possibly force the successful 2016 convention of the repuke party to change locations.

We are currently not sure of all of the details of the President’s conversation with LeBron, but it appears that he has been offered a position in the WH.

More theories to follow…….

25. 84 Melanie
    July 11, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Behind the scene photos of FLOTUS and POTUS from May. Courtesy Pete Souza…

26. 85 MightyPamela
    July 11, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Yo! Y’all! Back in a few days, bringing you this: Full Moon 12 July 2014 20.03 Capricorn. Opposition exact at 7:25amEDT. So, now you know! Big hugs all around!

July 11, 2014 at 3:15 pm

yeah..Willard..bring it on…

28. 87 57andfemale
    July 11, 2014 at 3:19 pm

29. 88 57andfemale
    July 11, 2014 at 3:21 pm

30. 90 japa21
    July 11, 2014 at 3:32 pm

And shame on all of those that went along with this.

31. 92 Nerdy Wonka
    July 11, 2014 at 3:36 pm

32. 93 japa21
    July 11, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Not familiar with names (I am a soccer dumbie) but Chips? Are you there?

33. 96 Linda
    July 11, 2014 at 3:48 pm

GOP House Majority in Jeopardy Because Deadbeat Republicans Aren’t Paying Their Dues

An official familiar with the overall push said about 120 of the 234 members of the GOP Conference paid their dues in full by the end of June,

34. 97 lockewasright
    July 11, 2014 at 4:13 pm

If single women show up in large numbers and vote to keep the senate and take the House for the democrats, we can not only overturn both the Hobby Lobby decision and the Citizens United decision by passing legislation that says corporations are not people and are not entitled to the rights of a person, we can also send a pretty clear (I imagine bone chilling for them) message to the GOP that women have had it and they’d better jettison the social conservatives if they ever want to be competitive again. The trouble is getting democrats in general to vote in midterms and women specifically to show up with pitchforks and torches in HUGE numbers.

35. 98 anniebella
    July 11, 2014 at 4:20 pm

I saw the cowardly speaker saying that President Obama has been President for five and a half years when is he going to take responsibility for anything? I email the cowardly speaker office and told him , John Boehner you have been speaker for four and a half years when are you going to take responsibility for doing nothing but trying to save your job.

• 99 Nena20409
      July 11, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Since Jan 5th, 2011, to be exact. ;)

He was the Minority Leader prior to the date mentioned above and he has been in DC for over 20 yrs. What are his accomplishments? Not much. He shut down the Fed Gov’t in Aug 2013. He held US hostage, refusing to have the Debt Ceiling raised 4X. He was in Congress in the late 1990s when Speaker Gingrich shut the Gov’t Down 2X. He was there when then pres Clinton was impeached.

Mr. John Boehner is the 2nd in line to the presidency…….God Forbid, should there ever be a need for it. Yet Nobility is not his forte. He is reckless, feckless, destructive and frankly, unAmerican with his partisan power hungry tactics.

Last, but not least, John Boehner is drunken fool, A DC Town Crier and DC Press have given him a pass instead of holding him accountable. Dr Rachel Maddow was right. Speaker Boehner is bad at his job. If Only the media would direct half of the attitude they focused on then Speaker Pelosi at Rusty Orange Crush Boehner…….a lot more might have gotten done by now.

36. 100 Nena20409
    July 11, 2014 at 4:58 pm

How I wish that this $71B could be used by POTUS to get US moving FORWARD!

37. 101 Nena20409
    July 11, 2014 at 5:02 pm

8 mins plus with POTUS in Austin TX

Creating Opportunity For Americans

38. 102 Linda
    July 11, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Another tape, another busted, out-of-touch, entitled Republican.

Mitch McConnell (R-KY) thinks that whilst running against a female candidate — Alison Lundergan Grimes (D-KY) — on a party platform infamous for its War Against Women, he ought to inform female voters that he has no intention of granting them this preferential treatment they seek with equal pay, etc. Oh, and he also thinks students need to get over themselves.