Jul

Rise and Shine: The Week at TOD

Nerdy Wonka – A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words: First Lady Michelle Obama tours the Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Site in Topeka, Kan., May 16, 2014. Stephanie Kyriazis, Chief of Interpretation and Education, leads the tour (Photo by Chuck Kennedy)

• •

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine • • President Obama Meets With Teachers • •

A Tweet or Two • •

#ActOnClimate? President Obama Is • • Tweets, Tweets, And More Tweets

• •

Tuesday

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine • • Worst President Ever? Yeah, Right. • •

A Tweet Or Two • • President Barack Obama: Doing So Much Good For The Country • •

The President’s Day • • The President Plays Pool

• •

Wednesday

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine • • President Obama Speaks on the Economy • •

Denver Is For Pool • • “Do Not Let Them Win By You Being Cynical”

• • A Tweet Or Two • • President’s Statement on Humanitarian Situation at Southwest Border

• • President Obama on the Economy • • Laugh The Day Away

• •

Thursday

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine • •

President Obama Speaks at the Paramount Theater, Austin • •

President Obama Speaks at the Paramount Theater, Austin (Part 2) • •

“I’m the guy doing his job. You must be the other guy” • • Austin ♥ President Obama • •

The President at the Paramount Theater, Austin • • Beautiful

Early Bird Chat • • Rise and Shine: The Week Ahead • • Chat Away

• • President Obama’s Weekly Address • • West Wing Week

• • ObamaCare: Saving Lives In So Many Ways • •

140 Characters Of Great Tweets

• • 140 Characters Of Laugh Out Loud

• •

Aaaaaanother TODtastic week – monumental thanks to Nerdy for all her brilliant work,

and to her trusty assistant (who has equally terrible taste in soccer/football) LL.

Happy World Cup Final Day Everyone!

128 Responses to “Rise and Shine: The Week at TOD”

1. 1 Roberta in MN
    July 13, 2014 at 10:54 am

GM Chips

• July 13, 2014 at 10:54 am

Morning Roberta, morning everyone!

• 5 Cindy
      July 13, 2014 at 11:01 am

HAPPY BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY TO YOU Roberta in MN!

Congratulations on 1st – you’re # 1 !!!

Wishing for you a WONDERFUL DAY!

• 6 Roberta in MN
        July 13, 2014 at 11:03 am

Thanks Cindy, you have a great day too. Who is watching the Soccer game today? Anyone I know here? :)

• 8 Roberta in MN
        July 13, 2014 at 11:07 am

We are having a wonderfully sunny day today and only supposed to get to 77. Not bad, low humidity, which is a help with my breathing. Watching my Son & Grandson work their way from TX to IN, Nicholas goes to Sea & Rescue training for Cadet school. Aaron is going with him. So I watch their progress on my iPhone, neat little app. “Find Friends” works like a charm.

• July 13, 2014 at 11:05 am

Congrats on 1st Roberta!!!

Chips, these “week at TOD” summaries convey so much, not least of which is how important what you and NW contribute to substantive coverage of all that the President and First Lady accomplish each week. Thank you.

• 30 Judith Fardig
      July 13, 2014 at 11:06 am

Congrats, Roberta! Is MN going to get cold soon as the polar vortex slips down on the Midwest again?

• 31 Roberta in MN
        July 13, 2014 at 11:14 am

So they say. I am not too too sure when it is going to hit. We are supposed to have a cooler last half of July and then in August & September heat up like it should have in June & July. Tough on the lungs and those residents that have COPD or Asthma. Monday & Tuesday are going to be our coolest days so far, highs in the low-mid 60’s & lows 50-55 at night. Good sleeping weather.

July 13, 2014 at 10:55 am

furst.

3. 38 Roberta in MN
    July 13, 2014 at 10:55 am

Can’t be happening :) :) 1st. Woot.

4. 43 GGAIL
    July 13, 2014 at 10:57 am

Good West Coast morning Chipsticks & TOD family.

GOOOAAALLLLL!

July 13, 2014 at 11:05 am

For those science geeks out there…launch today of payload of supplies to ISS to happen at 12:52 pm Eastern time today.

I posted this because the son of one of my coworkers, is an engineer on this project. Kinda cool!

AND I got the Malcolm X quote:) I love this place. Why can’t everyone in the world communicate and reciprocate like we do?

6. 55 Judith Fardig
    July 13, 2014 at 11:05 am

Happy World Cup final day to everyone!

7. 58 Cindy
    July 13, 2014 at 11:05 am

Good BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY morning to Chipsticks, Dannystix and TOD Family.

Wishing everyone a WONDERFUL and GLORIOUS DAY!

*******************************************************************************************
    A Sunday Prayer for the “BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE” at TOD’s Place

As you move about – finding your way, experience the beauty of joy in all that you do today.

In your coming in and in your going out, may you be blessed; erasing all doubt.

Smile at the rain that falls today; sometimes God is cleaning out the old, to make a new way.

You are the “BEAUTY” created in your mother’s womb, don’t settle for less, reach for the moon.

If you are alone today, feeling that no one cares, God’s precious angels are always there.

Go out and give a smile to a stranger; a kind word to someone, volunteer at the shelter for our precious four legged friends, visit the nursing home where many have been forgotten, or go and feed the homeless; be “BOLD” in your caring today, you can’t lose because heaven will rain down your blessings in the most “AWESOME” way.

To the “BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE” at TOD’s Place, may your day be filled with the abundance of blessings, and all of God’s love and grace.

ENJOY and be BLESSED indeed,

—Author
    Cindy

8. July 13, 2014 at 11:07 am

I actually had a dream about the image in this tweet. It is an image I doubt I’ll ever forget.

#TrustBarack
    #OWNthe114th

9. 72 yardarm756
    July 13, 2014 at 11:19 am
    • 73 Roberta in MN
      July 13, 2014 at 11:28 am

I’ve been reading on what is going on in Florida, had consequences and it is still going on. How are you doing with Emanuel as Mayor in Chi Town? I am not too sure I would have voted for him, never did like him. I lived in Indiana for 12 years in Hobart. Nice little town and left & moved back to MN in 84. Rather live here than anywhere.

• 74 yardarm756
        July 13, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Rahm isn’t the answer I’m afraid. Too much political graft and corruption around him. It’s a power brokers paradise here. The next step will be “stop and frisk” to get a handle on the shootings. Then the city will be up for grabs.

• 75 GGAIL
      July 13, 2014 at 11:31 am

GM sailor!

July 13, 2014 at 11:21 am

Paging a moderator! Paging……… just kidding…I think. I haven’t clicked anything yet this morning!

Good Morning and/or Good Night, Todobots! I am grinning broadly because it rained heavily early this morning, the grass at the front is looking newly bathed, and of course it’s too wet for me to cut the backyard grass. I needn’t feel at all guilty. Life’s good! ;) ;)

Happy, love-filled Sunday, everyone!

• July 13, 2014 at 11:25 am

Lazy bones. If it’s too wet to use a mower, you could always use a nail scissors or something, just so it doesn’t look so scruffy :roll:

July 13, 2014 at 11:30 am

You’re assuming I have a nail scissors. :grin: :grin: Of course, my theory is, if it offends your eyes, *you* cut it – I don’t care WHAT you use! My eyes aren’t offended because I just don’t go to the back if i don’t feel like cutting it, ergo….. :)

MooOOOoorNnniing Ms Chips! Come on over anytime with your scissors, mower, DannyO…..oops! On second thought you’d best leave him at home as I have several empty flower pots out there.

• 84 GGAIL
      July 13, 2014 at 11:29 am

Good morning vc :-)

11. 88 yardarm756
    July 13, 2014 at 11:24 am
      July 13, 2014 at 11:53 am

yardarm756, That is so true. So true. This is their country anyway, remember all the Tea Party rallies, with their signs saying we want our country back.

July 13, 2014 at 11:31 am

Ok..I’m stalling BIGTIME so I won’t have to work outside…I must try…..

July 13, 2014 at 11:31 am

if we score 400 with the tailenders again, I am swearing of cricket.

14. 102 JER
    July 13, 2014 at 11:40 am
  15. 103 africa
    July 13, 2014 at 11:45 am

Happy Sunday TODers

July 13, 2014 at 11:45 am

Club stuff, barely a contest. If you were to look up a definition of ‘going through the motions’, you would see “Final session of the fifth day of the first Test between England and India, Trent Bridge, 2014″. I wonder what Alastair Cook is thinking? “This is brilliant, I really don’t fancy a bat.”

July 13, 2014 at 11:46 am

Simon: I used to have a recurring Andrew Strauss hero dream. Playing cricket in the park, using a big tree for the stumps. Not much happened but after scoring a few significant rune, Straussy told me he was proud of me and really liked me. Genuinely gutted every time I woke. The worrying thing is, I was 31 years old at the time.

July 13, 2014 at 11:48 am

John M Butt: Well the money men win. Make sure the pitch lasts 5 days, or in this case a month, to milk the cash cow. Us the public.

19. 109 africa
    July 13, 2014 at 11:53 am
      July 13, 2014 at 11:58 am

I love you AG Holder.

• 111 Cindy
      July 13, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Happy Sunday africa,

Wishing you and Mr.africa a BEAUTIFUL day.

I watched Attorney General Eric Holder’s statement, and he nailed it with no hesitation or an apology. His interview was spot on this morning. He spoke the truth about that woman, and others need to do the same. She is nothing more than a loud mouth, attention grabbing, racist nut.

McSane brought this craziness here and he will always be remembered for it.

• 112 africa
        July 13, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Right back at you, Cindy. Hope the same for you and yours!!

July 13, 2014 at 12:14 pm

That was the start of John McCain down fall. If you have notice he has become a bitter old senile Senator. One who ought to be sitting on his Arizona porch in a rocking chair looking at the coyotes pass by.

20. 114 Cindy
    July 13, 2014 at 11:53 am

How disgusting and sad; Miami Herald front page story, physicians are turning away individuals who purchased health care (ACA) on the exchanges.

Donna E. Shalala, President of the University of Miami just spoke, and stated how frustrating this is. Three nurses, who works at the University of Miami, never had coverage, and was able to get it on the exchange. One of the nurses, who is a very good friend of Dr. Shalala, received a list of the physicians. The nurse had a very bad medical situation this week; called all of the physicians on her list, and they all denied her care. The physicians are saying that they are scared that they will not be paid.

Dr. Shalala used her “influence” and was finally able to find a doctor who would treat the nurse. What about those who will have no one to fight for them when they present their ACA insurance card for medical help?

How sad that people lives are still placed in danger when they have insurance. Doctors are discriminating against those who purchased via the exchanges.

The next repuke talk will be, ACA insurance is no good.

I truly don’t understand the mean spirit of a person’s heart; turning your back on another human being when they need help, and you call yourself a doctor?

• 115 0388jojothecat
      July 13, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I wonder if this grounds to sue. These Dr.’s are putting people’s lives in danger for no reason.

21. July 13, 2014 at 11:54 am

De-lurking to post this. I’m *patiently* waiting for some Bridgegate indictments to happen, as they have been predicted but until they do, I won’t breathe entirely easily about Christie.

July 13, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Rahul Dravid, Ex-India captain on Test Match Special

“Cook should stick to batting.”

a minute later,

WICKET – Ishant c Prior b Cook 13 (Ind 387-9)

July 13, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Aaand match drawn. Only limeys could invent such a stupid game.

July 13, 2014 at 12:10 pm

What have we learned? James Anderson is a batsman and Alastair Cook is a bowler.

25. 124 africa
    July 13, 2014 at 12:12 pm
      July 13, 2014 at 12:18 pm

• 126 Cindy
      July 13, 2014 at 12:19 pm

President Obama should “demand” a public apology from AG Holder, and then fire him. It will be the talking this week for sure.

Bravo AG Holder, you spoke the truth and nothing but the truth; repukes, MSM, they can’t handle the truth.

26. July 13, 2014 at 12:28 pm