Jul

Chat Away

President Barack Obama listens as he is asked a question at an event at the Walker Jones Education Campus in Washington, to announce additional commitments for “My Brother’s Keeper”

49 Responses to “Chat Away”

July 21, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Bringing over: Congrats, LL!!

CAn we highlight this in another thread possibly??? Pretty please with cherries and ambrosia?

http://www.democraticleader.gov/middle-class-jumpstart/ Dems trying to get it done for the middle class…other side takes big checks and sits on their ass……. Has a ring to it!

July 21, 2014 at 2:12 pm

WHY WE NEED TO GOTV FOR A DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY CONGRESS!!

House Republicans’ flawed priorities have stalled middle class opportunity while consistently stacking the deck for wealthy special interests.

Instead of tax incentives to create good paying jobs to “Make It In America,” they give tax favors to corporations that ship jobs overseas.

Instead of allowing college students to refinance staggering student debts, they protect bank profits.

Instead of passing legislation to ensure women receive equal pay for equal work, they support putting bosses in charge of women’s health freedoms. They even threatened to shut down the government to stop women from accessing Planned Parenthood.

It’s time for a Congress that puts you ahead of the special interests.

Within 100 days of a Democratic House Majority, we will pass bold, concrete initiatives to jumpstart the middle class and those working to get into the middle class. Our three-pronged plan will grow the middle class with good jobs, support for women and education that is more affordable and accessible for working families.

House Democrats: Putting the middle class above the special interests.

2. 9 Nena20409
    July 21, 2014 at 2:07 pm

LL has the Gold!

The ever speedy Lady Chips. Thanks.

July 21, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Congrats Lib_L; hello Desertf. This is as close as I’ll be for the next little while. ;)

July 21, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Morning, vc:) Computer issues? I hate when that happens… as long as you can read TOD and comment from time to time, its good:)

July 21, 2014 at 2:21 pm

But, but, but I don’t get to fight back as fast as I’d like! :grin:

Howdy-doo, Desertf. Seriously, I’m so grateful that my old desktop allows me to say ‘hi’ that I’m not complaining anymore. Instead I’m mentally debating how to get my hands on a new laptop ASAP. An over-the-phone estimate on a new screen (which is all that SEEMS to be wrong on the old one) was $350. Not a smart move, I think. We’ll see.

• July 21, 2014 at 2:27 pm

I agree with that, VC. Pouring $$ into repairs will probably not ‘fix’ whatever real issues, it’s a tough call. Best of luck! <3

July 21, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Thank you. Today is my ‘day’ to meditate on the next step. I suspect by tomorrow I’ll be tearing out my hair. ;)

July 21, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Why don’t you check Ebay for a whole new laptop?? Hubby got me a laptop for what you need to pay for just a screen…this little thing just goes and goes!! Go check….

July 21, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Have never shopped on eBay – not good/fond of online shopping. Don’t you have to bid? With my savvy it’d cost me thrice as much as store price. I figure I’ll head out to Best Buy and Staples tomorrow or Wednesday after giving the laptop a rest today. Optimistic/Dreamer me thinks MAYBE all it needs is 24 hours of rest. :grin: :grin: ;)

4. 19 Nena20409
    July 21, 2014 at 2:16 pm

No matter how one feels, if one sits out and doesn’t vote…..then nothing changes.

You want change, sustained change, Then VOTE!

5. 20 No Child Left Behind
    July 21, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Toddlers are hyperactive again today. Glad to see The Voice holding them at their seats. What a job to deal with those unsophisticated journalists with a profound lack of intellectual curiosity. It’s all about GOTCHA questions.

6. 21 Nena20409
    July 21, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Jon RightWinger Karl asking about Tone? Forceful?

Well, I suppose Only pres Obama have tone issues……Angry or Harshly calling Wall Street Fat Cats, using Savvy……The TONEgate barometer …..the Gospel According to DC/NY Caucasians covering the 1st President who happens to be a Black man.

July 21, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Tone? Bwahahahahahaha!! Jon “Right Wing” Karl needs to check HIS tone and smirk at the door! That’s hilarious….

7. 23 Nena20409
    July 21, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Here comes Ed Fox Henry.
    The idiocy is on 24/7
    Josh “The Voice” Earnest is just slapping the unruly pretenders left and right.

C-SPAN feed had The Glitch for a while…….now, working great.

• 24 mtmarilyn
      July 21, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Thank you Nena20409 for watching and giving us the report. I so admire PBO’s Press Secs. How he doesn’t yell at them for asking such stupid questions, I don’t know.

8. 25 Nena20409
    July 21, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Karl, Henry and Michele from WSJ……3 in a roll from the rightie world.

WTG Josh. Bow. Wow. Zap. ;)

9. 28 Nena20409
    July 21, 2014 at 2:30 pm

NOTICE the headline……. :lol: :roll: :lol:

10. 29 Nena20409
    July 21, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Those who must read the polls.

Trend Matters. Data matters. Context over the years matter.

• 30 Nena20409
      July 21, 2014 at 2:35 pm

11. 31 No Child Left Behind
    July 21, 2014 at 2:38 pm

The toddlers need to go playing in the park!!!

The Voice left them behind. By Zeus, what a pack!

July 21, 2014 at 2:41 pm

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rula-jebreal-msnbc-israel-coverage Well, SHE’LL never appear on TV again!

An MSNBC contributor used her appearance on the cable news channel Monday to sharply criticize its coverage of the Israel-Hamas conflict.

During an interview on “Ronan Farrow Daily,” Palestinian journalist Rula Jebreal unloaded on Western media outlets, including MSNBC, arguing that influence from pro-Israel forces makes the news coverage more favorable to the likes of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

“Because of AIPAC, and because of the money behind it, and because of Sheldon Adelson, and because of all of us in the media. We are ridiculous. We are disgustingly biased when it comes to this issue,” Jebreal said.

“Look at how many airtime Netanyahu and his folks have on air on a daily basis. Andrea Mitchell and others,” she continued, referring to the MSNBC stalwart whose show airs right before Farrow’s afternoon program. “I never see one Palestinian being interviewed on theses same issues.”

When Farrow pushed back gently and pointed out that Palestinian guests have been interviewed, Jebreal continued her criticism.

“Maybe 30 seconds! And then you have 25 minutes for Bibi Netanyahu, and then half an hour for Naftali Bennett and many others,” Jebreal said.

13. 33 Nena20409
    July 21, 2014 at 2:43 pm

And now an Israeli leader is saying No Way for Al Jazeera to be allowed to report from Israel. Wow.

July 21, 2014 at 2:44 pm

I LOVE JOE!! Honestly…who was right…GWB that looked into his eyes ” and saw his soul” or VP Biden…who said this:

15. 36 donna dem 4 obama
    July 21, 2014 at 2:52 pm

With so much inhumanity going on right now take a moment and let you heart be filled with joy by one persons generous action.

July 21, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Anyone have a clue why I cannot access twitter?

17. July 21, 2014 at 3:10 pm