Aug

‘Obamacare Causes Steep Drop In Uninsured’

#SoSueMe

• • •

Greg Sargent: Obamacare Causes Steep Drop in Uninsured — In Deep Red States

Gallup finds that three of the largest drops in the rate of the uninsured just happened to take place in states with the most hard-fought Senate races…..

In Arkansas, the rate of uninsured dropped from 22.5 percent in 2013 to 12.4 percent now — a change of over 10 percentage points.

In Kentucky, it dropped from 20.4 percent to 11.9 percent — a change of over eight percentage points.

In Colorado, it dropped from 17 percent to 11 percent — a change of six percentage points.

The Kentucky example is particularly interesting. Remember, Mitch McConnell still regards the the law that created this drop in the uninsured among his own constituents as a “disaster.” Yet hundreds of thousands have signed up for coverage on the Kentucky exchange….

….. Meanwhile, the Koch-founded Americans for Prosperity has spent big money on multiple ads in Arkansas featuring Obamacare “horror stories” in which the victim in each…received a cancellation letter. Yet according to Gallup, the drop in uninsured here has been steeper than in any other state….

Full post here

113 Responses to “‘Obamacare Causes Steep Drop In Uninsured’”

1. 1 No Child Left Behind
    August 5, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Hello TODVille!

2. 3 No Child Left Behind
    August 5, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Thank you Chips. This is the kind of information that makes the GOP mad. No more talking points. What’s a RWNJ to do?

August 5, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Way to go, NCLB!

4. August 5, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Website! Socialized medicine! No government between you and your doctor! IMPEEEEEECH!!

5. 7 donna dem 4 obama
    August 5, 2014 at 4:48 pm

HELLO TOD!!!

I took a mini pre-birthday vacation to white sands, aqua blue waters and nothing but rest and relaxation.

Happy Birthday GoBrooklyn and College Kay may you each be blessed with joy and happiness on this your special day.

Mine is next Monday and heads up everyone because Ms Chips Birthday is next Wednesday the 13th. So lots of partying will be taking place this month. ;)

• 8 japa21
      August 5, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Marking my calendar for the 13th as well as next Monday. You deserve as big a celebration as Chips does.

August 5, 2014 at 5:05 pm

‘and nothing but rest and relaxation’
      :shock: :shock: You didn’t take the little g-darlings!!!

Anyhoo, happy to hear the rest and relaxation part was thoroughly enjoyed. :)

• 15 jackiegrumbacher
      August 5, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Hope you had a terrific time, Donna, and thanks for all inside information.

• 16 No Child Left Behind
      August 5, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Happy Birthday to GoBrooklyn and CollegeKay.

In advance of your big day, I wish a Happy Birthday to you Donna and to Chips.

May God bless you all!

• August 5, 2014 at 5:25 pm

I already have you guys on my calendar!

Sounds like you got some wonderful rest in a very beautiful setting. BRAVA!!

• 19 Alycee (@jazziz2)
      August 5, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Early Happy Birthday wishes to both you and Chips (just in case I fail to drop in on the 11th & 13th)!

I’m also in “birthday mode.” My 59th will be September 4th and I’ve decided, as health permits, from September 2014 – September 2015, I’m going to “do ME.” My plan is a vacation a month; sometimes alone, other times with family/friends. So far, I’ve booked three for September 2014 — the Dauphin County Jazz Fest; a CD release party in Barbados; and a Ray Charles tribute in Las Vegas. Vegas and the Grand Canyon are on my Mom’s bucket list, I’m therefore while in Vegas, going to do a one day suspension of my economic boycott and go to the Grand Canyon…

• August 5, 2014 at 5:51 pm

It seems like there’s lots of sex going on around Thanksgiving. I never knew tryptophan was an aphrodisiac. :D

• August 5, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Happy early birthday GF. Your vacation sounds wonderful. My 2nd great granddaughter is due on August 11. That is also my grandmother’s birthday.

• 24 donna dem 4 obama
        August 5, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Thanks Jackie!

Oh My that’s wonderful about your great granddaughter and grandmother. Leo’s Rock!!!!

6. 25 Gazelle
    August 5, 2014 at 4:51 pm

[From Juanita Jean]:

Rick Perry has set about raising money to run for President of the United States of America.

He’s calling it RickPAC. I guess IdiotPAC was already taken.

And now we get to the part where Rick is not well known for making good decisions.

The treasurer of RickPAC, Stefan Passantino, is the head of the political law section of the Washington law firm McKenna Long & Aldridge. He is also a longtime legal adviser to Newt Gingrich.

Newt Who?

Seriously, whoever gave Newt advice should get out of the advice business. Maybe open a transmission repair company or get one of those carpet cleaning trunks. Anything but advice.

More here: http://www.juanitajean.com/2014/08/04/lets-make-this-official/

• 26 pkayden
      August 5, 2014 at 5:36 pm

What in the world would make Rick “beautiful hair” Perry think that anyone in their right mind would vote for him? Talk about wasting money and time.

August 5, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Oh, I found a ‘song’ to go with your caption, C Chica! ;)

8. 29 kasai
    August 5, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Beautiful African Summit…
    Thank you! Thank you so much Chips, my heart is filled with gratitude…

9. August 5, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Oh, Chips? “Dutch Revolution”? Beware the Portuguese!

Chelsea have wheeled and dealed over the summer as Jose Mourinho prepares for the second season of his second stint in charge at Stamford Bridge. Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas, Filipe Luis and former legend Didier Drogba have arrived, while Romelu Lukaku and David Luiz were sold on for huge profits. All of a sudden the West Londoners look to have the strongest squad in the Premier League. The old guard have departed with Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and Samuel Eto’o moving on. Mourinho’s “kids” will be looking to wrestle the title away from Manchester City this season and go one step further to make the UEFA Champions League final. High hopes for the Blues.

10. 31 Gazelle
    August 5, 2014 at 4:55 pm

[Hmmmm!!! ]

[…..] “Proof of the newest leak comes from national security documents that formed the basis of a news story published Tuesday by The Intercept, the news site launched by Glenn Greenwald, who also published Snowden’s leaks.”

11. 37 Nena20409
    August 5, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Time Warner will Not even consider Murdoch’s bid.
    Hence Time Warner shares dropped 11% today and Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox gained 10% in the markets today.

12. 39 Nena20409
    August 5, 2014 at 5:03 pm

If need a sweet smile…..then please take a look.

13. 42 MadameSoph
    August 5, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Hi TODers,

Just wanted to relay an observation from my late-night TV watching.

Last night I was watching @Midnight, a sort-of game show for hipster nerds, where comedians compete at making comments on various YouTubes, Instagrams, etc., taken from the Internet. As a lead-in to one of the segments, the host, Chris Hardwick, announced that it was the Presidents 53rd birthday and the audience, which is mostly Millennials, burst out into loud cheers and applause. Now, I don’t know about any of you, but I don’t remember that happening with any president before him. In fact, before PBO was our president, I wouldn’t have imagined it happening.

Just my little contribution against the Beltway spin…

• 43 Vicki
      August 5, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Good anecdote, MadameSoph. America loves its President. Except for the RW who own the airwaves.
      it is a pleasure when the truth slips thrugh the enemy’s screens.

August 5, 2014 at 5:24 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Bundy son arrested on criminal contempt charges
    Posted: Aug 05, 2014 3:58 PM EST Updated: Aug 05, 2014 3:58 PM EST – By Natalie Cullen, Online Editor – email

Cliven Lance Bundy

LAS VEGAS — The son of a Nevada rancher, who faced off with the Bureau of Land Management earlier this year, has been arrested.

Cliven Lance Bundy, 34, was arrested Monday on criminal contempt and probation violation charges. In July, a warrant was issued for his arrest because Bundy did not appear before a Clark County District Court judge who oversees a drug diversion program.

He could face two to eight years in state prison, if…//

15. August 5, 2014 at 5:28 pm

16. August 5, 2014 at 5:28 pm

17. 51 donna dem 4 obama
    August 5, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Remember those tiny little preemies…Well there is nothing tiny about my baby girls anymore ;)

• 52 pkayden
      August 5, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Beautiful!

• 54 Nena20409
      August 5, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Now they are sitting by themselves. Wow…..scrumptious.

August 5, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Suh-weet, grandmaDD! :) I kinda like the way they are looking at me with a touch of interest. You started planting seeds about the trip to the north with them yet – the beauty of winter, snowball fights (which *I* have never tried), snowshoeing, etc etc?

• 56 donna dem 4 obama
        August 5, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Girl you had better come South. You know DD does not do cold very well. All those complaining about the heat here have me completely baffled. I’m loving every moment of this hot weather. I wish it would stay this way ALL YEAR LONG :cool:

• 62 dotster3
      August 5, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Double cute and lots of double trouble on the horizon——as they start to take off in 2 different directions. Daughter of single, now rambunctious grandbabe keeps saying, “I don’t know how parents of twins do this.” :)

• August 5, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Oh my goodness!! They are SO ADORABLE!! And BIG!!

Honestly, Donna, what a gorgeous gift to your family. Tell us which one is which.

• 64 donna dem 4 obama
        August 5, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I’ll only say that Samaya always manages to be in the lead. So you can now guess who is who and yes she’s the younger of the two by two whole minutes. ;) They both got their bottom teeth while we were away and handled it like champs. Drooling, Drooling everywhere.

• August 5, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Well, that seems like as good a way as any to tell them apart. They grow so fast. My littlest grand niece just finished kindergarten. SIGH.

August 5, 2014 at 5:49 pm

When is their 1st B-Day, DD?

• 68 donna dem 4 obama
        August 5, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Not until December.

August 5, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Perfect! They too can have an out of town birthday trip – beach in August, showshoeing in December. I’ll check out the snowshoes rental and the nearest place we can enjoy the sport (never tried it before myself, so taking you, and the girls will be a clear incentive. Their parents too of course.) ;)

• 70 donna dem 4 obama
            August 5, 2014 at 6:05 pm

NOooooOOOOooooOOOoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can all meet in Miami Beach Florida for their Birthday. Come On Down :)

August 5, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Miami Beach – that’s so un-December-like! /smh/

Maybe I should just pray that your eyes will be opened to what you and the girls are missing if you don’t open yourselves to this experience.

I’m reminded of this quotation >>>

“The world is a book and those who don’t travel [TO THE NORTH] read only page one.” ~Augustine of Hippo

[Of course we don’t need to mention that I am not a traveler and my coming south a year or so ago was PBO’s fault.]

• 72 donna dem 4 obama
                August 5, 2014 at 6:15 pm

I had all the “experience” I’ll ever need with all that darn snow last winter. ;)

August 5, 2014 at 6:01 pm

OOOOOOOOOOO Wee! What are you guys feeding those precious babies! Your Sunday dinner….I knew it! :) They are adorable and growing big and strong! Beautiful pics, grandma.

• 74 donna dem 4 obama
        August 5, 2014 at 6:08 pm

I know!!!
        She makes all their food fresh (no preservatives) but those girls are HUGE! It hurts my back to hold them for long. They are sprouting up and out like crazy. My twin sons were the same way. Preemies tend to go through this chunky phase when they are babies. They should thin out once they start crawling. Which should be any day now.

• 75 Judith Fardig
      August 5, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Donna, you are doubly blessed. They couldn’t be any cuter!

• August 5, 2014 at 6:19 pm

They are adorable! Babies are living proof of hope and love.

August 5, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 79 0388jojothecat
      August 5, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Beautiful indeed…..there is noting “preemee” about those plump, healthy, happy babies. They are sitting up already?

• August 5, 2014 at 7:56 pm

they are so beautiful, Donna Dem…

those cheeks!!!

• 81 Betsy
      August 5, 2014 at 9:18 pm

So adorable!!!

18. 82 Nena20409
    August 5, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Now, this is the NBC WH correspondent saying this.
    May she go directly to Blazes along with Chuck Todd.

19. 88 donna dem 4 obama
    August 5, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Wow Nerdy Wonka! I just read your Birthday thread tribute to PBO. That was absolutely magnificent. I will save that one to my favorites.

20. August 5, 2014 at 5:51 pm

August 5, 2014 at 6:03 pm

There are certain people in politics and in the news (mostly OPs) that I have never seen looking happy or satisfied. They are always snarky and unhappy looking, at least when I see them, even when they are with their own Republican kind. smh

21. August 5, 2014 at 6:01 pm

African Leaders Arrival to The White house

22. 97 kasai
    August 5, 2014 at 6:02 pm

testing…

23. August 5, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Churkin provided another stunning display of cynicism and dishonesty during the currently ongoing UN Security Council meeting and other members have expressed their displeasure, to say the least.

24. 101 Nena20409
    August 5, 2014 at 6:12 pm

• 102 dotster3
      August 5, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Plus punching, choking and biting estranged wife. Must be a very sick individual—–to think he needed that huge stash of weapons and ammunition.

25. August 5, 2014 at 6:13 pm

26. 107 donna dem 4 obama
    August 5, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Is anyone else having problem posting comments? I’ve been away so I’m not sure if this has been going on for a while or if it’s just me. :(

27. August 5, 2014 at 6:19 pm

War on whites??

28. August 5, 2014 at 6:22 pm

29. 111 Nena20409
    August 5, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Baby went from cry/sad to Happy, Dancing and trying to Sing. Katy Perry….. ;)

Awesome.

30. August 5, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Happy birthday Gobrooklyn and College Kay. Hope you are having a wonderful day!

RSS OFA