Aug

‘The Boy In The Street’

Charles Pierce: The Boy In The Street

I keep coming back to what seems to me to be the most inhumane thing of all, the inhumane thing that happened before the rage began to rise, and before the backlash began to build, and before the cameras and television lights, and before the tear gas and the stun grenades and the chants and the prayers. I keep coming back to the one image that was there before the international event began, before it became a television show and a symbol in flames and something beyond what it was in the first place. I keep coming back to one simple moment, one ghastly fact. One image, from which all the other images have flowed.

They left the body in the street.

Dictators leave bodies in the street.

Petty local satraps leave bodies in the street.

Warlords leave bodies in the street.

A police officer shot Michael Brown to death. And they left his body in the street. For four hours. Bodies do not lie in the street for four hours. Not in an advanced society. Bodies lie in the street for four hours in small countries where they have perpetual civil war. Bodies lie in the street for four hours on back roads where people fight over the bare necessities of simple living, where they fight over food and water and small, useless parcels of land. Bodies lie in the street for four hours in places in which poor people fight as proxies for rich people in distant places, where they fight as proxies for the men who dig out the diamonds, or who drill out the oil, or who set ancient tribal grudges aflame for modern imperial purposes that are as far from the original grudges as bullets are from bows. Those are the places where they leave bodies in the street, as object lessons, or to make a point, or because there isn’t the money to take the bodies away and bury them, or because nobody gives a damn whether they are there or not. Those are the places where they leave bodies in the street.

More here

(Thanks for the heads up Japa, this is stunning)

127 Responses to “‘The Boy In The Street’”

1. 1 Allison
    August 22, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Press Briefing by Principal Deputy Press Secretary Eric Schultz @ 1:30pm.

• August 22, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Congrats Allison :)

TY, Chips, for posting Mr Pierce’s blistering account of the travesty that many of us have discussed since the first image and report appeared. More than one person, accurately, has noted the reality that Michael Brown’s body being left in the street for 4 hours was meant to deliver the same message as when black Americans were left hanging, for hours or days, from whatever structure was used to lynch them.

2. 4 Allison
    August 22, 2014 at 12:16 pm

It’s totally sick what the Ferguson PD did. They have yet to offer an explanation of why they left Michael Brown, Jr. in the street for four hours.

3. 5 Nena20409
    August 22, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Congrats Allison on your Gold. ;)
    TGIF.
    Hello TODers

4. 7 GGail
    August 22, 2014 at 12:21 pm

So, I just finished reading last night’s tribute with the roses. It is so beautiful ! My thanks to that bt that we call NW !!

Also, while reading the comments – I see amk first provided proof for me that there were indeed still three runts :D :D

This “rose in the concrete jungle” is so smart by the people of Ferguson. I hope there is a fund being accumulated for the family of Mike Brown and the people of Ferguson. I know the funeral costs have been covered, but the citizens need more funds for the food and water, etc.

If anyone knows where one can contribute, please post it on TOD so I can contribute.

Thanks TOD – we would be bamboozled, lost, hoodwinked, lied too and stupid without you (I know I would) :-)

August 22, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I think some teachers are collecting donations for Ferguson – I believe to cover costs of food for the children, who’d at this point be in school eating breakfast and/or lunch there – if I spot the link, again, I’ll let you know.

5. 10 Mr. Anon
    August 22, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Forgive me for asking, but for some reason my posts don’t seem to turn up. I’ve posted comments to this blog from another email, but this is the first time I’m using this current one. I’ve been reading this blog for a long time, but I don’t comment very often. Is there a specific process that new commenters here are supposed to go through?

Thanks.

• August 22, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Hi Mr Anon, you need to sign in first with either your Twitter, Facebook or WordPress accounts, or an email address (which won’t be visible to anyone but me).

The quickest way to join the chat is to sign in with a non-private and longstanding Twitter or Facebook account.

Comments from first-time visitors never appear unless they sign in in this way.

Make sure you stick with your chosen username and the same Twitter/Facebook/Wordpress account (or email address) each time you sign in, otherwise the blog automatically detects you as a new visitor and you’ll end up in pending.

You’ll see the sign-in options under the ‘Leave a reply’ box at the end of the comments under each post

It’s the only way of keeping the trolls out.

Thank you Mr Anon.

6. 20 57andfemale
    August 22, 2014 at 12:24 pm

August 22, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I hear this morning that Ryan said he doesn’t like sitting near Boner in meetings because Boner smokes and he doesn’t want to get it on his precious taxpayer-funded clothing. Better to smell bad on the outside, Ryan, than on the inside like you. Well, actually, both Ryan and Boner smell bad on the inside, but I digress. Puff puff, little Ryan on the government dole, smellin’ like a weed.

7. 22 Judith Fardig
    August 22, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Such a powerful piece. The MSM has lost sight of Michael Brown’s life being taken in such a senseless way and then being disrespected. The people of Ferguson should be commended for pushing for justice and for their beautiful memorial to Michael.

8. 23 japa21
    August 22, 2014 at 12:27 pm

As I said when I posted the excerpt in the previous thread (and thanks for highlighting it Chips) this is, without a doubt, the most powerful thing Pierce has ever written.

And it highlights the real problem underlying everything else. There is a feeling of one part of society that certain classifications of people are worthy of being treated as humans. Pierce quoted somebody who gave to Wilson’s unnecessary fund:

I support officer Wilson and he did a great job removing an unnecessary thing from the public.

“Thing” an 18 year old boy, soon to be but now never will be man, is called a “thing”. Look, I don’t care what the quality of his character was, although he obvioulsy didn’t have a major criminal record or we would have all heard about it by now, but he wasn’t a thing.

To me, the person who said that is closer to unnecessary in our society than most people.

• 24 Linda
      August 22, 2014 at 12:32 pm

The Ferguson Mayor called Brown’s body an ” it ” lying in the street.

Narcissists are not capable of empathy……

• August 22, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Thank you John for bringing Mr Pierce’s article to our attention. I sent him the following …

• August 22, 2014 at 2:21 pm

“…who knows whether it was because people wanted to make a point…”

As people expressed outraged that Michael Browns body remained in the street for 4 hours, my thought was that a statement was being made; a warning maybe. It’s a message that is probably best understood by the people in Ferguson, but noted at various levels of understanding by all who witnessed the events in Ferguson this past week. And from the governor on down, this message was reinforced during the week and continues to be reinforced as their sham of justice continues.

August 22, 2014 at 12:32 pm

um, actually, I find this pierce piece rather insulting and condescending to those ‘third world’ countries.

“where people fight over the bare necessities of simple living, where they fight over food and water and small, useless parcels of land”.

really?

• August 22, 2014 at 12:35 pm

But do you not think that is accurate? People living in the worst of Third World poverty battling to survive?

• 30 amk for obama
        August 22, 2014 at 12:41 pm

No, what I read from his piece is typical western stereotyping and condescension. The west needs to remember their own history about their own fights over food and water and small, useless parcels of land centuries ago. He could have made the point from humanitarian point of view instead of dragging poor countries into it.

• August 22, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Ah, okay, I didn’t read it like that, more that America regards itself as “an advanced society”, yet this happened. And that Michael Brown’s life was as cheap as lives in war-torn, impoverished dictatorships where the people are brutalized.

In fairness to Pierce, judging from his writings, I don’t think he forgets the West’s history, nor that the West is the cause of the vast majority of the world’s injustices through colonialism, war, etc.

• 32 amk for obama
            August 22, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Sorry, what I am seeing this piece coming from the point of having led a privileged life and not understanding the aspirations of people everywhere. useless parcels of land? really? Guess he lives in the streets? America, with its centuries of democracy and wealth, still hasn’t sorted out its own poverty issues. So, let’s leave those ‘third world’ out of this, shall we>

• August 22, 2014 at 1:08 pm

But he’s not talking about aspirations, he’s referring to the reality of people’s lives in third world dictatorships. And they are often reduced to trying to grow enough food for their families on “useless parcels of land”. And I don’t see many people write more about poverty issues than Pierce, he is under no illusions about the reality of life in America, he really isn’t.

• 34 amk for obama
                August 22, 2014 at 1:11 pm

No, he is using their plight as a whip to murka into senses.

• August 22, 2014 at 1:17 pm

We’re not going to agree on this, are we? :-)

• 36 amk for obama
                    August 22, 2014 at 1:22 pm

On this particular piece. :)

btw, I read him rarely (since I don’t care for pundtwits. At all). I am not judging him, only what he wrote here.

• August 22, 2014 at 1:29 pm

But you’re still a flower. Even if you can’t house-train dogs :roll:

• 38 Inswinger
                      August 22, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Ah…that old chestnut of “third world dictatorships”…huh. And do you know how the west acquired, built and, even more, continues to sustain its wealth? I could write an entire encyclopaedia on that.

As I posted recently there’s going to have to be a lot of repenting to be done, literally, and in combination with a host of tangible and consequential economic, legal, social, and administrative implementations – in that order – if we are to cleanse and heal the very soul of this nation and move forward in a meaningful way. There ain’t no shortcuts I’m afraid.

• 39 GGail
      August 22, 2014 at 12:43 pm

amk, I too paused and became perplexed by his choice of words there. “where people fight over the bare necessities of simple living, where they fight over food and water and small, useless parcels of land” – we have that same kind of scenarios being played out here in the USA – right here in Los Angeles – go to the barrio – go to the projects.

• August 22, 2014 at 12:45 pm

There are places in the south, and in Appalachia, still.

August 22, 2014 at 1:13 pm

From my perspective, there are parts of every continent and every country that are f’d-up in some way. Nobody gets to point a finger at anyone but themselves, and that includes America, of course. No man is an island.

‘No Man is an Island’

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
        is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
        if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
        is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
        well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
        own were; any man’s death diminishes me,
        because I am involved in mankind.
        And therefore never send to know for whom
        the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

MEDITATION XVII
        Devotions upon Emergent Occasions
        John Donne

• August 22, 2014 at 2:42 pm

“…there are parts of every continent and every country that are f’d-up in some way..”

One problem here in the U.S. is that, as a country, our f’-upness is not acknowledged. As we chastise other countries about inhumane treatment, we refuse to accept that we have poor and homeless people; that there are people who are treated unjustly; that for many the terms democracy, freedom, equality, and justice are just catch phrases rather than a way of life.

We see this every time our legislature tries to defund social programs and education. We see it when the Supreme Court basically says it’s okay to suppress people’s right to vote. We see it when those that have try to blame people for the condition(s) in which they find themselves. We see it in the way our first black President is mistreated and disrespected.

What Ferguson did was to reveal to the world some of the hypocrisies that the U.S. has tried to keep under cover.

August 22, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Totally agree. I just don’t want the total shift in observing to be on our country, which would be so easy for everybody because the pointed finger is a great equalizer (just as we are so good at doing ourselves to others), since it’s every country. That puts me in concert with those living elsewhere, too, even though it may not sound like it. I’m in total disgust right now of “life in the 21st Century,” when we’re all supposed to be so enlightened, so maybe I’m not expressing it right. But I agree about the United States, wholeheartedly, and am glad SOME OF our hypocrisies are out in the open. We have many others hidden, of course.

10. 45 Linda
    August 22, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Earlier this week, the Chicago Cubs grounds crew experienced a disaster. As rain poured onto Wrigley Field, they were unable to cover the playing surface with a tarp in time. They were booed. The game was called. Because of the mismanagement, their opponents, the San Francisco Giants, protested the game after it had been called as a win for the Cubs. They succeeded. It was the first successful protest in Major League Baseball in 28 years, according to Deadspin.

But the whole bizarre episode was cast in a new light Thursday when the Chicago Sun-Times reported that the Cubs had slashed worker hours to keep them under 30 hours a week to avoid paying health benefits under Obamacare.

Citing “numerous sources with direct knowledge,” the Sun-Times reported that the Cubs had sent home 10 grounds crew workers early the night of the Tuesday game that ended in disaster. And at least part of the reason, per the newspaper’s sources, is that the team has been trying to keep seasonal workers under 30 hours per week as the Affordable Care Act takes effect.

Corporate Scum !

11. 46 Vicki
    August 22, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Great piece by Pierce.
    In Clayton/Ferguson, according to my family members in MO, the body left in the street for 4 hours, uncovered, is one of the worst parts of the story.
    The other part is the nurse who was prevented from assisting Michael Brown. Now we know he died instantly, but the bystanders on the scene couldn’t be sure at the time.

• 47 Linda
      August 22, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Yes, and we still have not heard one word about or from the occupants of the 3 vehicles that were right behind the police vehicle that could not get past it.

Where are those people ?

12. 49 Nerdy Wonka
    August 22, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Welcome to being Black in America, Mr. Pierce.

Welcome white America, to the injustice that Black people face everyday.

August 22, 2014 at 1:03 pm

14. August 22, 2014 at 1:04 pm

“I condemn the entry of a Russian so-called humanitarian convoy into Ukrainian territory without the consent of the Ukrainian authorities and without any involvement of the International Committee of the Red Cross. This is a blatant breach of Russia’s international commitments, including those made recently in Berlin and Geneva, and a further violation of Ukraine’s sovereignty by Russia. It can only deepen the crisis in the region, which Russia itself has created and has continued to fuel. The disregard of international humanitarian principles raises further questions about whether the true purpose of the aid convoy is to support civilians or to resupply armed separatists.

These developments are even more worrying as they coincide with a major escalation in Russian military involvement in Eastern Ukraine since mid-August, including the use of Russian forces. In addition, Russian artillery support – both cross-border and from within Ukraine – is being employed against the Ukrainian armed forces. We have also seen transfers of large quantities of advanced weapons, including tanks, armoured personnel carriers, and artillery to separatist groups in Eastern Ukraine. Moreover, NATO is observing an alarming build-up of Russian ground and air forces in the vicinity of Ukraine.

Instead of de-escalating the situation, Russia continues to escalate it, despite the efforts of the international community to find a political solution to the crisis. This can only lead to Russia’s further isolation. I strongly urge Russia not to take further provocative actions, to stop destabilising Ukraine and to take genuine steps to resolve this dangerous situation with full respect of Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity and international law.”

15. August 22, 2014 at 1:14 pm

August 22, 2014 at 1:15 pm

26,918,153

• August 22, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Oi, stop counting how many Cheesy Puffs I’ve had this week :roll:

August 22, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Because I happened to bring in ONE bag of ‘em ONCE, and I don’t even like them much, now my granddaughter feels she must “treat” me to a bag every now and then and keeps bringing them in, which I feel I must eat to be “sociable.” The good thing about overindulging (except for a shorter list I have) is that once you’re done, you’re done.

• 57 GGail
        August 22, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Oh yea, I also read from last night’s post – that TOD has over ten thousand Posts? That’s crazy good!!!

You bt’s rock :D

17. 58 Linda
    August 22, 2014 at 1:15 pm

A woman shot during Ferguson protests says police are not investigating

A Ferguson woman who was shot in the head last Tuesday during early moments of a peaceful Michael Brown protest said she is still waiting for police to take action.

“No officer ever showed up to speak with me… neither from Ferguson police or St. Louis County,” Mya Aaten-White told News 4.

Mya Aaten-White says she was walking to her car after protesting when she was hit. And not only are police not investigating, she says she couldn’t even get an ambulance without multiple calls:

“We had to call 911 three times before we got a response vehicle there,” she said. “When they arrived, officers came with guns drawn. They questioned the homeowners about how long they’ve lived in the house; if it was under their name, and asked me what happened. I said ‘I was shot,’ obviously.’”

Aaten-White graduated from Howard University in Washington D.C. When her alma mater found out police weren’t taking her case seriously, they hired a lawyer to step in.

The next morning, police announced they believed the shooting was unrelated to the protests.

In retrospect, that is quite a statement considering they never even followed up with an investigation.

oh…just a drive by….no biggie….!

18. August 22, 2014 at 1:16 pm

This is why Hayes…got a SMACKdown…if you are going to write about Ferguson…these are the things that MUST be said!!!

19. August 22, 2014 at 1:21 pm

UN Security Council will meet at 3p ET, at the request of Lithuania, to discuss Russia’s violation of UN GA charter by illegally invading, earlier today Ukraine and Russia’s continued bombardment of Ukraine and supply of heavy weaponry and soldiers.

20. 61 dotster3
    August 22, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Has this info been posted?

August 22, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I’m just wondering how they’d know that, since isn’t the makeup of a grand jury as “secret” as the proceedings are? If this is correct, I’m shocked it isn’t 100% white.

• 63 Linda
        August 22, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Someone leaked it…..

Look what just happened regarding the attempt to rescue James Foley. The rescue attempt was last month on July 4th. The Pentagon had to reveal it because someone leaked it to the newspaper and the story was going to come out.

People who leak are the worst of the worst….

• 65 dotster3
        August 22, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I see people are critical of any identifiers being released. According to story this was supplied by the director of judicial administration for St. Louis County Circuit Court. And according to story, the grand jury does reflect the percentages in St. Louis County from where the grand jury is drawn—-68% white, 24% black—–altho no Hispanics represented which reflect the remainder of the population. And I guess this grand jury was already seated pre-Mike Brown.

• 67 GGail
        August 22, 2014 at 1:53 pm

It might as well be 100%.
        Look at which side has the majority

If this story is true

• 68 Vicki
      August 22, 2014 at 1:28 pm

No, Dotster, at least I think not.
      Now we need to know how many votes does it take to bring an indictment? If that is in fact the process.

• 74 Nena20409
      August 22, 2014 at 1:49 pm

It was reported two days ago. And it takes just 9 to drop charges or send for trial by the court.

21. August 22, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Putin’s isolation continues ….

22. August 22, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Pierce’s ..ENDING STATEMENT THAT WE ARE TWO NATIONS…..

I know that there is injustice…and prior to the election the Barack Obama…i never really considered myself an American…
    in an America for which it stands….

but the President changed my point of view…and for the first time in my life i flew an American Flag…

although we are in the midst of injustice…i am NOT willing to concede that this is my country…i am not willing to give up on that HOPE that the President has instilled in not just me…but others like me……

The Struggle Continues

23. August 22, 2014 at 1:40 pm

:lol:

24. August 22, 2014 at 1:42 pm

25. August 22, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Reason my missus is awesome, part 1,537.

She just got word that the patient she was to care for this weekend passed away. She took care of him last night. The family told her that she had been the only nurse to make their dad feel completely comfortable. (He had laryngeal cancer.) He wrote on his pad of paper that he didn’t want her to leave once her shift was over. He was also afraid to go to sleep; the missus told him not to worry, that she would be there, and when she left another nurse would be there, and that his family was always there. But, yeah, first time she had taken care of him and the family already wanted to adopt her.

26. 91 dotster3
    August 22, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Haha……

27. 93 yardarm756
    August 22, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Calling out the National Guard is nothing new. Amerikkka’s Negroes must be contained and controlled at all costs it seems.

28. 98 Linda
    August 22, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Police Release Bare-Bones Reports On The Michael Brown Shooting

Is this a joke ? They are basically blank.

• 99 Linda
      August 22, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Look at the date at the bottom of the first one. I was not even entered into their system until 8-19-2014 with final approval on 8-20-.

• 100 Jeff
      August 22, 2014 at 1:59 pm

even if the cop executed him on the ground and handcuffed, the police would still defend Wilson

29. August 22, 2014 at 1:50 pm

• 102 FoxfireTX
      August 22, 2014 at 2:22 pm

I am not confident of the grand jury process here even though it is representative of the St. Louis County data. A statement made by Bob McCulloch the other day really struck me as to what the defense is going to be here. I don’t know enough about MO state law to analyze it BUT he said the number of shots does NOT matter, the only question is whether the officer had the right to shoot the FIRST time. If this is the way he presents it to the grand jury, you can bet there won’t be an indictment. No one knows what transpired in that car when the first shot was fired other than Darren Wilson. Of course, Mike Brown is the other person who cannot speak for himself. So Darren Wilson can sit on the stand and say Mike Brown was going for his gun and he was in fear of his life. I would argue that the remaining shots are a separate incident given the change in circumstances and Mike Brown’s attempts to flee, but again, this will turn on HOW it is presented to the grand jury. This causes me far more concern than the composition of the grand jury.

• August 22, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Foxfire, all I hope is that the composition of the jury won’t be an issue, that they are 12 honest people who will do their job. But after reading some of the comments from St Louis people on this case, all I see is an ugly divide which leaves me fearing the composition of the jury, regardless of the case presented to them, will be decisive. I pray I’m wrong.

• 104 FoxfireTX
          August 22, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I pray we’re both wrong here Chips. I didn’t think I could feel much more wrung out after these last two weeks, but reading this piece provoked tears once again. I cannot begin to comprehend how the family of Mike Brown and the good citizens of Ferguson must feel. The utter inhumanity of the whole thing is beyond words. And from a purely legal perspective, there are facts that lend themselves to an indictment in addition to the main facts. If Darren Wilson thought he was correct in his actions, why did he not immediately notify his superiors of an officer involved shooting? Why did he not immediately call for an ambulance? These details point to someone who knew he was the wrong as soon as he took a moment to think about it. As we saw earlier this week, an officer involved shooting normally provokes an instantaneous, huge response from the police. And we know from video that did not happen here.

• August 22, 2014 at 2:54 pm

If the grand jury does not indict, does double jeopardy come into play? I know if he were found not guilty during a criminal trial, he could not be tried again for the same crime. But is there only one opportunity to get an indictment? It’s probably a question I should know the answer to, but for me, the waters are so muddied right now, I need someone to clarify.

30. 106 dotster3
    August 22, 2014 at 1:54 pm

31. 107 Nena20409
    August 22, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Ben Rhodes is there for the WH Live Presser.
    The questions posed are not heard aloud.
    What is going on with the Chinese Planes? I have not heard yet……Help TOD!

32. August 22, 2014 at 2:00 pm

it could be because the President and his administration called on civil and human rights groups to go to Ferguson…could be because AG Holder showed up….could be that Ferguson knows that they were no longer alone……

Right On …Right ON!

33. 111 Nena20409
    August 22, 2014 at 2:01 pm

34. August 22, 2014 at 2:01 pm

OMG, what an essay. And thank you, too, for the photo essay of the stunning makeshift memorial for Mike Brown.

Chips & NW, THANK YOU for TOD a million million times.

35. 113 dotster3
    August 22, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I thought this was generous and sweet of this kind doggie

36. August 22, 2014 at 2:07 pm

37. 116 dotster3
    August 22, 2014 at 2:11 pm

More about the grand jury process in St. Louis Co.

38. 117 Nena20409
    August 22, 2014 at 2:11 pm

39. 119 Nena20409
    August 22, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Just because it is Friday……JB

40. 120 Nena20409
    August 22, 2014 at 2:19 pm

41. 121 Nena20409
    August 22, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I got my answer from my question up thread.

42. August 22, 2014 at 2:31 pm

43. 123 HZ
    August 22, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Good Afternoon/Morning/Evening my TOD family. Thank you my beautiful Chips and Nerdy W. and all who give so much here at TOD. You are so appreciated by me. What a great family!

The breaking of our hearts will move to a healing as long as we keep holding each other up with the grace given to each of us as we awaken this day.

My heart is trying to move to a place where I can stand firm with courage to cry, meditations to carry me to the things that make the aches, and trust to remain constant to who my core is. Strength that our president will give us the will to move with compassion, wisdom, and grace as he does. Each of us have been given our measure of this very potent gift, ‘grace’ to hold on and keep working, keep working. Keep working.

Treat yourselves to one thing that is your special favorite and be quiet in that moment. We will make it through this storm together. Board up your hearts where needed with lots and lots of love;, secure a lot of delicious will power for those things that will sustain your body; secure your thought pattern to give refreshment to your soul; and make sure your love ones are aware that you care and love them, especially those who are too young to understand ” the why.” Hopefully, what we do will give them some answers and more peace for generations to come.

Our hearts are full today, but remember we still have the night to live through as well. Brush a little sweet salve of calmness over your spirits; go out in the garden and pick a lovely flower to bring into your space to bring a little beauty in these ugly moments; and do not forget, beauty still can be poured over that spot where Michael Brown’s precious body laid out for the world to see. It will come with a abundance of real justice is my prayer.

Remember, PBO is human and is also dealing with All of the Pains of our World. And we, coming together in our spaces to place the things to enrich his heart and his decent beliefs will deliver comfort and a sweet peace to continue to move with grace and wisdom. That we still have citizens in this nation and all around the world who are with him today is a blessing. Just meditate on this day because we surely do not know what tomorrow brings to his door and to ours. Be In Your Space Today: with grace, wisdom, love, tears, prayers, and Hope My heart is so full, but I will not give up, no, I cannot. .HZ

44. 125 Sandy1110
    August 22, 2014 at 2:58 pm

If karma is good, all the money donated to that murderer will go to civil suits and damages on behalf of the people of Ferguson who’ve been terrorized by this “police” force. Unreal.

45. 126 africa
    August 22, 2014 at 5:06 pm

46. August 28, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Great post … love he pics.