Aug. 8, 2010: “We were walking through a locker room at the University of Texas when White House Trip Director Marvin Nicholson stopped to weigh himself on a scale. Unbeknownst to him, the President was stepping on the back of the scale, as Marvin continued to slide the scale lever. Everyone but Marvin was in on the joke.” (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
Time: Three out of four American voters – 74 percent – like President Barack Obama, but a narrow majority disapproves of his policies, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today….
Given four choices to describe their feelings about Obama, American voters say:
* 41 percent like him personally and like his policies;
* 33 percent like him personally, but don’t like his policies;
* 1 percent like his policies, but don’t like him;
* 19 percent don’t like him or his policies.
Meanwhile, read these figures and weep, GOP:
…voters oppose cuts in the growth of entitlement programs to reduce the budget deficit:
* 70 – 25 percent against cutting Social Security;
* 72 – 25 percent against cutting Medicare;
* 59 – 37 percent against cutting Medicaid.
By 64 – 32 percent, voters say raising income taxes on those earning more than $250,000 should be part of any budget deal.
By 49 – 40 percent, voters oppose cutting federal funding for National Public Radio and by 53 – 43 percent they oppose cutting it off for Planned Parenthood.