Jul

teabaggers … “hatred is toxic waste in the river of life”

BBC: America’s largest civil rights group has passed a resolution condemning the Tea Party for tolerating racism and bigotry. The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) has called on Tea Party members to “repudiate the racist element and activities within the Tea Party”. “We don’t have a problem with the Tea Party’s existence. We have an issue with their acceptance and welcoming of white supremacists into their organisations,” said Ben Jealous, NAACP President.

Sarah Palin: “The charge that Tea Party Americans judge people by the colour of their skin is false, appalling, and is a regressive and diversionary tactic to change the subject at hand.”

Need any more photos, Sarah?

6 Responses to “teabaggers … “hatred is toxic waste in the river of life””

1. 1 Sue in Minnesota
    July 14, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Sarah Palin calls herself a devote Christian, I see no resemblance to the lessons I learned and value in my own Christian upbringing.
    She is a very damaging influence and I hope and pray that a way is found to neutralize her insanity.

2. 2 graciouslady
    July 14, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Oh my goodness this is so bad. My mother used to tell us, when someone is losing an argument there are 3 progressive reactions: first, they start to scream or to over talk you, second, its namecalling using words to hurt you, then if the opposing person is still losing, a fight ensues. I guess we are at stage 2 with the losing party. Some of these names won’t effect President Obama. Remember, he was born and grew up in Hawaii, he has not been through the reversed hatered that slavery produced in African Americans. I am sure some of this hatered penetrates because of his wife and children. Notice all these people look the same: uneucated, meat and potato and country biscuits and gravy people. They even have young, impressionable children holding thoes awful signs; thus, creating a whole new generation of hatered. Shameful

3. 3 Anniebella
    July 14, 2010 at 8:53 pm

First let me say this Sarah Palin don’t know what a devoted christian is. Second, have any of you ever seen Sarah Palin around any black people or people of any color. I maybe wrong, but I haven’t. Third, I do believe some of the tea party members are truly concern, they disagree with the President and his policies. But a hell of alot of them are first class racists and what make it sickening is the so call decent tea party members uphold these racists hate. To me that doesn’t make them any better than the racists, because if I didn’t want those kind of people in my group, if I didn’t believe in what they stood for, I would make it know everywhere, every place I go that those racists signs, those racists t-shirts, and their racists behavior or language is not welcome here. But the tea party members doesn’t do that, and why is that? Maybe just maybe alot more of them agree with the hatred those racists are spewing out. And maybe the media need to spend alittle more time focusing on the real tea party and what they truly stand for, instead of President Obama polling number.

4. 4 Eleroy
    July 15, 2010 at 1:49 am

The real problem was paying this Sarah Palin person any attention to begin with. She’s been so propped up she’s actually bought into her own hype.
    As a rule, I typically refuse to engage in any conversations about this very inconsequential but opportunistic and poisonous woman – this will be the first and last time I ever do – she’s just not worth it.

Anniebella: many of these Tea Party groups sprung up even before President Obama was inaugurated. They were out protesting by January 22nd 2009, before the President had even had a chance to unpack his bags let alone set policies.

In the past year and a half however, they’ve had time to put together a somewhat more cohesive argument that successfully masks their real gripe against Obama.

I think we must not allow these awful people convince us or the general public that their intentions are mostly honorable or even “patriotic”.

This was a fake “movement” hatched on K Street. It taps into the insecurities, fears and prejudices of the low-level information voter who continues to be misled and manipulated into voting and fighting against their own best interests by those same people who drove this country into the ground in the first place.

5. 5 Gwen Day-Fuller
    July 15, 2010 at 4:58 am

The pictures shown on this site are really sad!!!! It’s really sad to see how scared so many are of our black president. An awful lot of this hatred is rooted in racism.(plain and simple) Signs like this provoke people to do despicable things and to believe they have the right to do them. I can’t believe how nasty Glen Beck and Russ Limbaugh are and how they are encouraging people to act like this.
    Sarah Palin purports to be such a Christian woman and she spews nothing but venom. I hope people in the U.S. can see through this
    unbelievable dirt and focus on one of the hardest working Presidents and First Ladies we have ever had. They both work 24/7 for the country and its citizens. They are truly amazing!!!!! I pray that God will help everything come together in a productive and meaningful way for this hard working President and that the country will prosper under President Obama’s leadership….Someone has said that he is to peace loving to be strong enough to lead the country. I thank God for his leadership ability coupled with his kind and loving demeanor and I have faith that he will turn the country around. We must continue to lift him up in prayer and to support him whenever possible.

6. 6 vitaminlover
    July 19, 2010 at 7:09 am

I believe that most people can see through this insanity.

@POTUS