Nov

embrace

President Barack Obama embraces First Lady Michelle Obama as they wait to speak at a rally on the campus of Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, Oct 17, 2010. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

18 Responses to “embrace”

1. 1 collegekay
    November 12, 2010 at 6:40 pm

This is beautiful. Nobody can deny their love.

2. 2 LadyTNT
    November 12, 2010 at 6:41 pm

@CollegeKay, What you said!

3. 3 Sue in Minnesota
    November 12, 2010 at 7:15 pm

The power of love fuels them, and blesses us.

4. 4 Esther
    November 12, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I truly believe they are the real deal. This is not a relationship posed for Hollywood. So grateful that they have each other as he deals with all of the problems that plague this country. Wish it didn’t have to be so difficult and ugly.

5. 5 graciouslady
    November 12, 2010 at 8:12 pm

As soon as I saw this photo, Natalie Cole’s “Our Love” came to mind is a love song so appropriate for this pic. It goes something like this, “You’re my morning star, shining brightly beside me. If we keep this love, we will last thru all eternity. Just the way we are, I love it and it’s the way it should be.. Our Love; Our love will stand as tall as the tree… and we will always be together. Our love… My love is surely one thing you can surely depend on…And we will never die, cause we’ll always have each other… Our love.” Gosh, I just love seeing these two people together. The tenderness he shows her is beyond words.

6. 6 blackwaterdog
    November 12, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Oh dear, I guess I’m a little emotional these days because this image actually made me tear up a little bit. How sad that this country can not recognize the sheer bless of having these two in the WH.

Beautiful, just beautiful. True love.

7. 7 meabloom
    November 12, 2010 at 9:29 pm

I love this.

8. 8 vitaminlover
    November 12, 2010 at 10:27 pm

I pray that both of my daughters get true, permanent love like this. What a terrific example of mature, blissful, devoted love for one another.

9. 9 Perry
    November 13, 2010 at 6:20 am

Graciously Lady,
    Thanks for sharing the words to that song. They need to lean on each other….really.
    Sweet.

10. 10 tsetse
    November 13, 2010 at 10:52 am

What an example for their daughters!He is sooo affectionate, attentive and loving this is not an act because we would have caught an off moment.Barack and Michelle Obama caused me to believe in love again! God Bless them!

11. 12 Titti
    November 13, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Awwww this is so sweet.

12. 13 sarrrrbear
    November 13, 2010 at 6:38 pm

found this video the other day, thought i’d share the link.

i think this picture really sums up their relationship.

• 14 Kelly
      November 13, 2010 at 7:40 pm

ty….great link.

• 15 graciouslady
      November 13, 2010 at 9:51 pm

ThanX bear, I always enjoy watching our President and First Lady when they are just out and about. Who’s doing the music, I like it alot? Did I miss the name of the singer on the video?

• 16 sarrrrbear
        November 13, 2010 at 10:05 pm

i believe it is “Feels Like Home” by Chantal Kreviazuk… i think there are multiple versions of the song out there but i believe she is doing this one

13. 17 Kelly
    November 13, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I love this picture. He seems so intent on keeping her safe and secure in his love. What a wonderful inspiring couple.*brb, being emotional atm*

14. 18 BC
    November 22, 2010 at 11:27 am

In these days where so many people take other peoples feelings for granted and leave a trail of tears, heartbreak and destruction, it is so refreshing to see two people that have genuine love and affection for each other. They are both incredibly lucky to have found each other, incredibly lucky and blessed. I love the Obama’s but I love the President for showing the rest of the world that we sisters ARE loved, are respected, are wanted, are desired, do become wives and not baby mama’s. We blacks don’t realise just how much the Obama’s have done for black love that just doesn’t get the respect it deserves.

@POTUS