Nov

sunday’s a rest day, right? phew.

President Barack Obama returns to the White House, November 20, after a two-day NATO summit in Lisbon, Portugal.

President Obama had some fun late Saturday with reporters traveling on Air Force One from the NATO summit in Lisbon. Just before takeoff, Obama visited the press cabin to deliver this message: “No more summits….we are having a boycott of all summits.” When someone mentioned a Slurpee summit, he added: “No Slurpee summit. No Slurpee summits.”

12 Responses to “sunday’s a rest day, right? phew.”

1. 1 Hachikō
    November 21, 2010 at 9:23 am

Hardest working man on the planet. I breathe a sigh of relief whenever he gets home.

• 2 Thro67
      November 21, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Yes, I usually check in to see the pictures that he’s arrived safely before calling it a day. The world’s future and security is really resting on his shoulders.

• 3 globalcitizenlinda
        November 21, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Ha, Ha, I thought I was the only one checking in to sse if President Obama is safely back before the end of my day (and I am unaplogetic about this concern)!

your comments that President Obama holds the collective futures of the globe are so true. I do not know if you remember this but the service held for him the day after his inaguration in the national cathedral featured some kids choir singing directly to President Obama: “he hold the whole world in his hands”. I have often gone back to listen to this performance using the clip on Youtube because the kids were spot on and his expression was so solemn. Chipsticks, I hope that one day you can feature this video on your precious and admirable site

• 4 Thro67
          November 21, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I remember that singing the day after the inauguration. First, it was amazingly spirited and optimistic,such a contrast to what had gone before. And yes, the President looked at those children singing and he appeared to take those words to heart. I think he takes his responsiboility very seriously, and sees that he’s the gatekeeper to the next generation’s future. Thanks for the reminder of that day!

• 5 Marcelisa
      November 22, 2010 at 12:55 am

So true, Hachiko! I don’t remember other presidents working this hard for the American people. How he is so under-appreciated!!!

He’s been on the go, non-stop, since he announced his candidacy for president–and he faced incredibly brutal times: the long primary fight with HillaryC, the horrid attacks from the right and Sarah Palin during the Pres campaign, then two wars, the financial crisis, BP oil spill, etc, etc, etc. This man MUST be so blessed as to be able to weather all these with grace, humility, courage, and tenacious optimism. He is a leader of leaders and I am so proud to have voted for him.

2. 6 snowbird42
    November 21, 2010 at 5:47 pm

What a relief someone appreciates this man. Who is the brightest we have ever had at the worst time in history.

3. 7 vitaminlover
    November 21, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Ijust know that Michelle makes him take his vitamins and get rest. At least when she can catch him as he zooms by (smile).

• 8 Titti
      November 22, 2010 at 5:07 am

LOL I was wondering what vitamins he took to have all this energy. Continued health and strength Mr. President.

4. 9 snowbird42
    November 21, 2010 at 9:27 pm

He must be good at sleeping anywhere. He has amazing energy.
    BTW Have you seen his new book for children>

5. 12 avpmom
    November 22, 2010 at 2:10 am

Welcome home our fantastic President, welcome home~ Thank you for working so hard on behalf of the American people!

@POTUS