Jan

‘pragmatic, thoughtful, smart, diplomatic, effective….mature’

Huge thanks to Rita for letting me know about this blog post – loved it.

p m carpenter’s commentary: This morning the Post’s Dan Balz assesses the choice of Bill Daley as “another significant step in the post-election evolution of President Obama,” noting that Daley “has a reputation for shooting straight, playing hard, talking bluntly and, above all, remaining calm in a crisis.”

Indeed, the Beltway consensus is that Daley is pragmatic, thoughtful, damn smart, diplomatic, effective, loyal and philosophically mature — all in all he’s a judicious choice, one that will serve the administration well and frustrate the Republican noise machine.

So, naturally, with the notable exception of Howard Dean, who has responded as a model of reason, the activist progressive community launched into orbital unhingement over the Daley pick.

Gloomily representative of what’s become their orthodox overreaction to most everything Obama was the Torquemada of ProgThink, Adam Green, who said  … “(bla bla bla)”

Yes, just another White House “mistake” …. such as rescuing the nation from the Great Depression II, securing universal health care, pulling DADT’s repeal out of a hopeless hat, saving the domestic auto industry, and so on, and so on, and so on.

Read the full post here

7 Responses to “‘pragmatic, thoughtful, smart, diplomatic, effective….mature’”

1. 1 majii
    January 7, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I read the pm carpenter post earlier today, and he/she is right about the whining of the PL and the frustrati. They’ve been wrong on every issue, but they will not give up. I think it’s stupid to continue trying to get the president, or anyone’s attention for that matter, when you know that he/she isn’t even thinking about you. This is a characteristic that I love about PBO. He does what he thinks is in the best interests of the country and refuses to cater to a small group of individuals with inflated egos.

2. 2 cat48
    January 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Hey Chipsticks, I think Daley will do great work for POTUS. After all, the Chicago area and big bro Mayor Daley will be watching! Mayor Daley said yesterday he was “honored” by the president choosing his brother for the job. I noticed Bill Daley said he & his family were “honored” by the appt. It’s sorta touching to me they used “honored” because I hear so much abusive language about POTUS that is not true. Blog commenters were already calling Daley by his initials today …WMD. heh Hopefully, he’ll use it for good only.

On the other hand, Adam Green is an immature, despicable person to me. “This was a real mistake by the White House……”
    Just ridiculous! So glad POTUS didn’t hire him!

• January 7, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Hiya Cat48, the more I read about Bill Daley, the more thrilled I am about his appointment and that he’ll be by the President’s side. And the fact that the Professional Left are angry just confirms to me that he’s perfect for the job 😉 Actually, that’s my gauge now, anything that upsets the PL and Teabaggers (opposite sides of the same coin) will do for me.

As P M Carpenter said in that wonderful blog post, he is “pragmatic, thoughtful, damn smart, diplomatic, effective, loyal and philosophically mature”. Howard Dean said much the same –

see the video here: https://theobamadiary.com/2011/01/06/the-leftbaggers-are-squealing-again/

Happy? Oh yeah!!

🙂

3. January 7, 2011 at 10:38 pm

The President needs someone who knows about the business world,someone who is going to be able to deal with this new congress…someone who has been battle tested….And I think Bill Daley provides that…he will speak and make moves for this President, no doubt!!!
    We’ve got to trust our President when it comes to making decisions.
    And Adam Green’s opinion really doesnt matter…he’s not governing…he needs to sit his a$s down and stop with all the complaints…I wonder, was he ever on President Obama’s team to begin with??? enough already with the insanity from the left!!! No president in history has ever been critisized 24/7 like #44…so sick of it!!!

• January 7, 2011 at 11:07 pm

It would funny if it wasn’t so predictably sad: Google ‘Adam Green Progressive Change Campaign Committee’ and all you get is a torrent of Obama-bashing abuse …. from even before he was elected President. We should, though, congratulate Adam for his consistency: he’s opposed Barack Obama from the first day he laid eyes on him 😉

• 6 Sue in Minnesota
      January 8, 2011 at 12:33 am

Everytime I have seen Adam Green on TV I’ve had the same reaction. The guy is absolutely consummed with anger…..like a rabid dog, I half expect him to start foaming at the mouth. I am intense by nature, but that dude is OFF the charts. Nasty.

4. 7 stylishgurl
    January 8, 2011 at 11:36 am

umm you had me at “Pragmatic”! dont need to read the rest (but I did :)) Now let’s sit back and watch the new House majority self-destruct…Good times ahead! (but sadly at the cost of america 😦 )

@POTUS