Jan

hey everyone

I was out and about for most of the day so I’m only catching up with everything now. Thank you for all the comments and emails, really appreciate them – I’ll reply to all those emails by tomorrow, promise.

Another thing: I was wondering why we had so many new (and rather lovely) visitors today. I should have guessed who sent you here: thank you Blackwaterdog (writer of the finest blog in cyberspace, The Only Adult In The Room) 😉

This is our traditional welcome to new visitors, it’s sole purpose is to make you smile:

Thanks everyone!

17 Responses to “hey everyone”

1. 1 Rose
    January 14, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Thanks so much, Chipsticks, for the fantastic videos (old and new). They are so heartening and can bring both smiles and tears. You’re great!

2. 2 Little Lulu
    January 14, 2011 at 8:31 pm

So LOVE that video clip, chipsticks! I could not love this family more if it was my very own. What great role models for all of us. What great people. What a blessing it is to be alive to witness this particular history in the making.

Love you, chipsticks! You and bwd are doing an amazing job!

3. 3 majii
    January 14, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I am so happy about the new visitors, Chipsticks. As I have said in the past, this blog saved my sanity. The other blogs I was visiting had me tied up in knots of perpetual anxiety. I love this blog so much that I’m always checking throughout the day (and night)to see what else you have posted, and I’m always very pleased with what you have posted. I love the song that plays during this video. Thanks!

4. 7 Sue in Minnesota
    January 15, 2011 at 12:50 am

Chipsticks, you are simply….The Best. Welcome to all who are just arriving, you are in for a wonderful treat. Be sure to spread this goodness around.

5. 8 Betsey
    January 15, 2011 at 8:30 am

Hi Chipsticks, I’ve been a daily lurker for some time and love coming to your site. It was great to see the “introductory” video once more. The scene with Malia and PBO at the game is priceless. I love the lone whack she gives him after pummeling him. And I agree that it’s great to find more and more people that think the way we do. And it’s interesting to hear how relieved we all are to find these great sites.

• January 15, 2011 at 8:50 am

Hiya Betsey, thrilled you like the video! That always strikes me too, everyone talks about their ‘relief’ when they comment here or at Blackwaterdog’s blog, there’s only so much hate and cynicism the good people can take! Thanks Betsey.

6. 10 2appreciate
    January 15, 2011 at 10:03 am

this is a wonderful place.

7. 11 crazyfolks
    January 15, 2011 at 11:12 am

Just awesome. Glad I found this place. Somewhere, that just makes me smile.

8. 12 barb
    January 15, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Hello to everyone. Chip this is such a feel good place that I come everyday to visit. Have changed my username for convenience. Love to see this site grow larger everyday. It is good for our health to smile and laugh.
    barb

9. 13 VC prezofan2
    January 15, 2011 at 9:34 pm

What an awesome welcome! Yes, it did make me smile, thank you! There were even some pictures there that I hadn’t seen before. I was led here from BWD’s site, and it’s really heartening to realize that there are more and more positive sites ‘out there’. There does seem to be some truth to my grandmother’s favourite old saw after all – “Show me your company and I’ll tell you who you are”. Since I can now get the information I want in contexts that are warm and inviting, I feel less and less angry when I’m online and I smile more. Thank you for your incipient role in my political relaxation :).

• January 15, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Hiya VC prezofan2, absolutely wonderful to have you here! And any friend of my beloved BWD is, automatically, a treasured pal of mine – our grandmothers must have been related, mine used to say: “You’re only as good as the company you keep” 🙂

Thank you again VC, thrilled you dropped in.

10. 15 scribe
    January 17, 2011 at 4:26 pm

SMILE……What a wonderful video and it just accentuates that we all need to appreciate this president and his family and the love that they have and show for each other. Thank you letting us peek in and share the joy!

11. 16 Twinx
    February 9, 2011 at 9:57 am

Hiya. I just arrived here from a link posted on Huffpo.

I have spent a lot of time during the last two years battling with that group of people known as ‘Birthers’, so it’s been a *real* pleasure to visit this charming blog.

@POTUS