Jan

three years ago…

Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) at a rally in a high school gymnasium January 23, 2008 in Dillon, South Carolina

11 Responses to “three years ago…”

1. 1 P
    January 23, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Love the feet photo………….MR OBAMA GOT A LEFT FOOT LOL!!!

2. 2 vitaminlover
    January 23, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I love the hope on all those faces!

3. January 23, 2011 at 11:05 pm

look at those faces

4. January 23, 2011 at 11:36 pm

The one little girl with her eyes wide and mouth open brought to mind Picasso’s “Scream” for me.

5. 5 Asher in Boston
    January 24, 2011 at 12:04 am

What fond memories. The little kids really made me wonder what they were so excited about and mostly the one in pink with wide eyes.Thats really cute, at their age you wouldnt catch me anywhere at a campaign rally. Lol.

6. January 24, 2011 at 4:15 am

This is the one that always gives me goose bumps and brings me to tears:

• January 24, 2011 at 4:28 am

“Virginia let’s go change the world.”

• 8 HachikĹŤ
        January 24, 2011 at 9:37 am

Donna, during the campaign, I watched every speech Barack gave. I made sure to schedule meetings and personal activity around his schedule ( 🙂 ). I loved it when he got to the end, recounted the “Fired Up” story, and ended with: “if one voice can change a room, it can change a city. And if it can change a city, it can change a state. And if it can change a state, it can change a country. And if it can change a country, it can change the world. Your voice can change the world. Let’s go change the world.” Wow! I got goosebumps EVERY SINGLE TIME. I’ll never forget those words. Never. Those words inspired me to get involved in the world around me. They’ll keep me inspired always.

• 9 Sue in Minnesota
      January 24, 2011 at 4:32 am

Donna, if it’s possible to have a “favorite”, this would be mine also. Those moments when we see President Obama at his most tender, are the times for me when his enormous strength seem so abundantly clear. This man has the heart of a lion.

7. 10 HachikĹŤ
    January 24, 2011 at 9:33 am

I love to see photos of people’s reactions to our President – especially children. In his smile, they see unconditional acceptance. In his eyes, they see hope and endless possibilities for their own future. And, you can see from their expressions and body language, that they reciprocate all that back to POTUS. The interaction between him and his audiences is almost karmic. I love to watch it.

8. 11 Perry
    January 24, 2011 at 11:48 am

Wow, the wonder, the hope of three years ago….change came all right. Now everybody hold on your seats…because its going to be a wild ride! Wooo-Hee!

@POTUS