Mar

‘100 per cent true blue american’

I finally got to see this Chris Matthews clip at The Only Adult In The Room …. I think I almost love Chris again.

Read Salon’s ‘What the Huck?’ here

12 Responses to “‘100 per cent true blue american’”

1. 1 Sue in Minnesota
    March 5, 2011 at 9:11 pm

About damn time! The elephant in the room has to be addressed. Dyson’s remarks couldn’t have been more succinct. Sadly, because of the racist nature of our culture, and the prevalent bias demonstrated by the MSM towards President Obama, I think it is essential that white Americans be the ones at the front of this, and we must absolutely refuse to apologize for confronting racism head on. Enough of all the isms, nefariously used to oppress and divide us.

• 2 EDP4BHO
      March 5, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Interesting, here on a Saturday night and I’m in the house…LOL. Michael Eric Dyson does his bit of slicing and dicing up POTUS along with Cornell West and Tavis Smiley, and a whole host of other so-called esteemed black folk. He told the truth mostly in this piece except for when he said POTUS spent a short time on Wall St. He was wrong there, unless I heard incorrectly. Barack Obama never worked on Wall Street. He decided to work in the hood instead. This is the kind of dialoguing I detest, when the majority of speech is correct, but just one little “fact” is made incorrectly. Makes you wonder, coming from someone known for his fine articulation (Dyson), and rapidity of speech. As for Fuckabee (I so like that take), he looks like a deranged clown trying to peddle his ridiculousness, for what, the Presidency? He’s serious? Does he not realize that Barack Obama is now “the” President, has been for near 3 years now, 74% of people actually like him, things are gradually improving across the nation, we’ve all heard this before, and it didn’t fly in the long run? Kudos to Chris for getting righteously indignant, but I only give him credit for the fact that he is very patriotic, a Democrat, likes the President, loves this country and the old style politics. He still is getting used to the black man as president so he deserves at least our respect for giving it a try. Hopefully he will get to that comfortable place to effect some good in the political discourse heading into the 2012 election cycle.

• 3 Proud of Obama
        March 5, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Dyson, Smiley and West are all jealous haters. Smiley never got his degree from Indiana University and ran for office in Calif

• 4 Proud of Obama
          March 5, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Whoops hit send too soon. Meant to add that Smiley lost. They are just envious of what our brilliant president has accomplished.

• 5 Sue in Minnesota
          March 6, 2011 at 1:39 am

I suspect professional jealousy or competitive impulses have some basis in the public criticisms lobbed at President Obama by the likes of West, Smiley and Dyson. But they also represent a diversity of idealogies and experiences, and of course none of them carry the responsibility, or have to deal with the realities of being President.

I think it’s safe to assume that any person who achieves a level of national prominence, no matter the area, has a well developed ego, how they manage their egos in tandem with their personalities influences our perceptions and responses to them. I’ll never forget what his professor at Harvard Law, Laurence Tribe said, “He has never meet anyone with the charisma, brilliance, heart and potential that Barack Obama has.” Tribe was also quoted as stating, “He was one of the two best students I ever had.” I understand how President Obama could inspire envy and competiveness in others, especially those that have national recognition and exposure. I just wish they were as gracious in their criticisms of PBO, as PBO is when expressing criticisms of his own.

2. 6 sherijr
    March 5, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Agreed – Chris got THIS absolutely correct.. He should get loads of emails and calls from many of us thanking him for getting it right.. and More of this truth stuff Chris. Maybe positive reinforcement will bring on FACTUAl results more often by the ‘media’.

3. 7 Proud of Obama
    March 5, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I should be calling it a night but here I am checking in to see what goodies Chipsticks has posted. I appreciated Chris’s recognition of how classy the President has been and remains throughout the viscious attacks. This takes great strength and courage. Anyone who says PBO is weak is a liar and a hater.

4. 8 Theo67
    March 6, 2011 at 1:05 am

This was great! Dyson rambled a bit, and was hard to follow – including the nonsense about the President working on Wall Street – but overall, this was good. Will any on the right listen to it? Not sure – but it’s good to know some people are seeing it. I especially liked the fact that Chris Matthews made a point about how “perfect” the President is as a candidate. And how he deserves respect, not attacks.

5. 9 cat48
    March 6, 2011 at 3:31 am

I’m up too late, but there’s something about Chris I’ve always liked. His show, which my husband always watched, actually made me interested in politics years ago. I’ve disagreed with him in the past and he’s made me angry a few times but he always does the right thing in the end. He’s always been this way. He tickles me too because he just gets so excited about politics.

Also, he was in the Peace Corps in Africa for a few years when he was young and he and his family now go back every year together on a 2 week or more visit to volunteer some more. He usually has good photos of his trips there. I respect him for this. He really loves his wife and kids, too…..gotta love that.

6. 10 Sonjia Duncan
    March 6, 2011 at 8:32 am

I had to give up on Chris Matthews, he seem to have a inner battle going on. He would be for President Obama one day and anti the next. Like he said one time as he was listening to the President, I almost forgot he was black. Gee, being black in America is not the total essense of our thoughts as we go thru our daily routines. When I talk to my sisters or children I am not thinking hey they are black. Only in American are people identified as white or black not citizens of America period.

7. 11 Fred
    March 6, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Tweety(Chris Matthews) as we call him on fire this week thanks to Hucakdick and he went at him again once Huckadick lost it and went after Natalie Portman.I mean really Natalie Portman? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ™„

Natalie and the President have 2 things in common if you at it carefully as they both have one parent American;the other one Jewish/Kenyan and both grew up in different countries;one in Hawaii and the other one in Jerusalem ๐Ÿ˜€ and both went to Harvard ๐Ÿ˜€

Not once has Natalie glorified single parenthood as she is engaged to be married to Benjamin Millepied who is one of the if not THE best French dancers on the planet and head dancer at NYC Ballet and he was the one who choreographed Black Swan so dude got skills and she has thanked him for being in her life and she put it well when she said that he has given her THE best role she could ever play in her life” mother

Now if Mike wants to talk about single parenthood we can always talk Bristol Palin as she got knocked up and gave birth at 18(Then Senator Obama came to her defense and talked about his own mom pregnant with her at a young age)
    she didn’t even graduate from HS
    Levy didn’t graduate nor were either one of them working
    hell the guy posed for Playboy FFS ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜†
    and DWTS and Bristol were the ones “glorifying” single parenthood by parading and shaking what she has on a dance floor ๐Ÿ™„

Neither Mike and even less Bristol Palin are qualified to shine the shoes of President Obama and Natalie Portman!

8. 12 Fred
    March 7, 2011 at 12:31 am

Chris is and always will be a douche as far as I’m concerned. One day he is praising next he is spewing. I’ve pretty much had it with all these people on the professional left or whatever.

Throw Ed Shultz and Jon Stewart in there as well. I don’t waste my precious time watching any of them anymore.

@POTUS