Apr

“a mix of applause and a chorus of boos”? rofl

The Reid Report: So Rick Scott throws out the first pitch for the Tampa Bay Rays’ season opener, and the St. Pete Times says he gets a “mix of applause and a chorus of boos” from the crowd. Well that depends on what the meaning of “mix” is. Check out the video below and see if you can hear a single cheer:

Congrats to Peter Schorsch and the other organizers of the “Boo Rick Scott day” – but I suspect theirs were only a portion of the crowd, which after all, was full of Floridians. And way to keep giving the governor the benefit of the doubt, St. Pete Times!

26 Responses to ““a mix of applause and a chorus of boos”? rofl”

1. 1 Hachikō
    April 5, 2011 at 10:51 am

Too much noise for me to distinguish between cheers and boos. Could have been anything. But who cares? Why vote for a thief and a liar and then boo him at a baseball game a few months later? Rick Scott is just being Rick Scott. You voted for him, FloriDUH. Suck it up!

I don’t suffer fools lightly.

• 2 Sue in Minnesota
      April 5, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Hachiko, I am on your page….who would entrust a business executive that defrauded the US Government to head their own state government? That’s the definition of insanity. Good God Almighty, Americans are ignorant and self destructive.

2. April 5, 2011 at 11:07 am

Yeah, but, but, but, He ran an anti obama campaign. Instead of defending the President, many Democrats, like Alex Sink, ran away from him. Thus, no African Amnerican turnout! She only lost by 60k votes out of 4.5 milion votes! Another thing, where are the dems on tv, should they not all be bashing the ryan proposal? Just asying!

• 4 Hachikō
      April 5, 2011 at 11:12 am

That is no excuse to vote for a crook to run the state. No excuse. Whatever happened to voting for the better candidate? Alex Sink might have run away from Obama, but regardless of race – or politics – Floridians should have voted for Sink. Even if it was to make sure that a known thief didn’t take control of the state.

No excuse.

April 5, 2011 at 11:14 am

Amen! Amen! Amen!

• 6 Hachikō
          April 5, 2011 at 11:22 am

I’m mad, Anniebella. Mad as hell and I’m not gonna take it any more. Americans need to understand the power and repercussions of their votes. They go out there and vote based on fear, ignorance, prejudice and the whole country ends up paying for those awful decisions. They went out and voted for all these teahadists who are now chipping away at all the hard work President Obama, Speaker Pelosi and Senate Leader Reid worked so damn hard for. Yeah, let the feel the pain of those disastrous votes.

No excuses. We can’t afford them any more.

April 5, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Once again, Amen! Amen! Amen! You’re speaking the truth, nothing but the truth.

• 8 Kelly
            April 5, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I agree with this comment so f’ing much!! I feel the same about the ones in Mi and wi. One can only hope they look at facts now and not their instinct for racist division mindset that made them embrace fear mongers so easily.

• 9 Dorothy Rissman
        April 5, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Hachiko, It appears that if people are rich, those without money see the rich as experienced and capable. I also wonder how many people even knew what Rick Scott had done. I fear that we are talking about a huge number of people who are undereducated and do not care about facts.

Dang, I had an email about the phone conference, but did not see it until this morning. boohoo.

• 10 Dorothy Rissman
      April 5, 2011 at 12:46 pm

jovie, she did run away from the president. A frequent Florida blogger on a number of sites which we visit told me that Alex was a terrific candidate. Not only did she run away from the president, but she was not an effective candidate. Reminds me of the Mass. senatorial campaign.

3. 12 anniebella
    April 5, 2011 at 11:13 am

I would have BOO so loud the people in California would have heard me.

4. 13 Hachikō
    April 5, 2011 at 11:25 am

Just got this email from OFA:

Yesterday, Barack Obama and Joe Biden began their 2012 campaign.

Tonight, they want to talk to you.

At 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time, the President and Vice President will be holding a campaign conference call for the supporters and volunteers who’ve powered this movement for the past two years. I hope you can join us.

As the 2012 campaign kicks off, we want to thank you for all that you’ve done, give a briefing on next steps as we build a new organization upon the foundation we’ve built together, and get everyone fired up for what lies ahead.

RSVP here to join tonight’s call, or listen live online.

We’ve accomplished a lot over the last two years — but our work is far from done.

President Obama needs to continue his efforts to put Americans back to work and more fundamentally change the way business gets done in Washington. And while he keeps his focus on the job he was elected to do, he’s relying more than ever on supporters like you to start laying the groundwork — so we’re prepared for when the race hits full speed next year.

You can get in on the ground floor as we build this campaign.

Please join the President on tonight’s phone call. RSVP here to get a call at 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time, or to listen in online:

If you can’t make tonight’s kick-off call, there will be another one this Thursday, April 7th, at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time. David Axelrod and I will talk about the strategy for the first few months of this campaign — RSVP here for that second call.

5. 16 dotster
    April 5, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Maybe the St. Pete Times softened the reporting on the boos because they also had a big front page story yesterday on the growing interest in a Scott impeachment. Scott’s radical policies are mind-boggling. He and the hard right ultra-conservative-controlled legislature are doing great damage to the state. They’re dismantling regulations and oversight which have been in place for decades, privatizing everything, leaving all kinds of people in precarious situations, etc. etc. It’s really insane.

6. 17 Sonjia Duncan
    April 5, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Rick Scott is so scary, I won’t be going to vacation in any of the Republican run states. I feel like there might be a lot of unhappy public service employee.

• 18 Hachikō
      April 5, 2011 at 1:01 pm

now there’s a campaign: boycott all these extremist republican-run states. Let them and the people who vote for them know that there are consequences to their crazy and destructive policies.

• 22 Eleroy
      April 6, 2011 at 2:10 am

I thought I was alone!!! I will not travel to any republican run/red State for any reason!!! I boycotted a while back and it will stay that way!!! The thought of the caliber of citizens who would vote in these horrid people totally scary as hell!!!

7. 23 Jessica
    April 5, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Nope, can’t really tell. Just sounds like noise.

• 24 Asher in Boston
      April 5, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Yeah, lots of noise, but leaning more to boos than an applause. Gosh, I despise this thieving governor. I feel bad for you Florida, but you really screawed up BIG time by voting for that hateful idiot.

• 25 Eleroy
      April 6, 2011 at 2:11 am

I hear boos and lots of that too!!!

8. 26 Carolyn
    April 5, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I think vacation boycotts can be powerful. Boycotts have made a difference in Arizona! Even though the governor still is trying some insane things, some of the legislators are backing up. The way things are going, many states will deal themselves out as vacation destinations. Two and a half years ago, my husband and I had a wonderful week’s trip in Virginia. A month later, that awful McDonnell was elected governor, and he started doing crazy things: denying slavery, restricting women’s rights and more. So, I wrote the state tourism department and told them that much as we enjoyed our trip, we dould not be returning to Virginia until they had a new governor and new attorney general. I’m sure that didn’t scare them, but I thought it important for officials to know. I will not return to Charleston, S.C. as long as Jim DeMint is senator and Nikki Haley is governor. Two years ago my daughter and I had a wonderful week in Michigsn, which I LOVE! However, we will not be going back as long as Rick Snyder is governor. We certainly won’t be going to Florida. If we decide not to go a place for similar reasons, I suggest we write a pertinent department in the state and let them know. These complaints do add up.
    My state (Oklahoma) is trying to promote tourism, but it should also be boycotted.

@POTUS