May

poetry (video added)

Amiee Mann performs for students from around the country at a White House poetry, music and arts workshop held by First Lady Michelle Obama, May 11

Amiee Mann

Mexico’s first lady Margarita Zavala

20 Responses to “poetry (video added)”

1. 1 Fred
    May 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Mrs O those guns are giving me a headache I want them so much 😉

• 2 SUE DUVALL SMITH
      May 11, 2011 at 6:09 pm

BEHAVE NOW…THIS IS FAMILY HOUR…PLUS THE PREZ WILL BE ON YOU LIKE A ‘SEAL ON A LADEN’…LOOKOUT NOW!…LOLLL!

2. 4 Proud of Obama
    May 11, 2011 at 5:56 pm

She is smokin!

3. 5 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    May 11, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I AM ABSOLUTELY LOVIN’ HER OUTFIT….AS USUAL!…:) SHE HAS EXCELLENT DESIGN TASTE…I REMEMBER HOW THE SNIPPY ONES USED TO TRY AND MAKE FUN OF HER WHEN SHE FIRST ENTERED THE WHITE HOUSE! HEADS UP GIRLS BECAUSE THIS FIRST LADY KNOWS HER STUFF!!!!

4. 6 GGail
    May 11, 2011 at 6:13 pm

FLOTUS looks lovely from head to toe! And I do so love her smile. She is someone who I would love to be friends with. (sigh) I’m gonna have to wait at least another 5-6 years before that will even be remotely possible (sigh) But I will continue to support her and her family 100,000%!

5. 7 kelly
    May 11, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I didn’t know Mexico’s first lady was back in town. She visits a lot. Looking good both ladies.

• 8 AnitaW
      May 11, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I was thinking the same thing. If they have had any repeat visitors I would say that the Mexican First Lady has spent a lot of time visiting the WH.

6. 9 UT Austin Liberal
    May 11, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Gosh FLOTUS looks sooo gorgeous.. I adore her sense of style. Looove the color combination from head to toe. This reminds me.. I was watching Ellen this morning and Jon Hamm from Made Men (McHOTTIE!!!!!!!!!) gushed about POTUS and FLOTUS whom he met at the WHCD. He said he loved Pres. Obama’s takedown of Trump and that when he met the Pres. that he was soo charming and WARM. But he gushed extra much about Mrs. Obama. He talked about how GORGEOUS and BEAUTIFUL she looked and her smile was great and she outshone all the women in the room. He also said that she looked so glamorous that even though he was wearing a tuxedo, he felt soo underdressed but FLOTUS put him right at ease. Me thinks Jon Hamm has a CRUSH!!!! 😀

• 10 AnitaW
      May 11, 2011 at 6:41 pm

That’s very cute. And, I love Jon Hamm although I don’t watch Mad Men. Now my co-workers would likely dump their husbands for a night with Mr. Hamm.

7. 11 Dorothy Rissman
    May 11, 2011 at 6:40 pm

FLOUS does look fab. I am a huge fan of Amiee Mann.

8. 12 Luci1119
    May 11, 2011 at 6:44 pm

I agree, that FLOTUS looks good In her style of dressing. I always look forward to seeing what she’s struttin’. Flotus Is got It going on, and she’s so comfortable In her Skin 🙂 I love our First Lady, just as much as I love our POTUS. They are truly admirable, and Loveable 🙂 They compliment each other, and they look together.

9. 13 donna dem 4 obama
    May 11, 2011 at 7:16 pm

The President just winked at me. I just thought I’d let you all know.

• 14 UT Austin Liberal
      May 11, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Huh?… are you at the White house poetry night? Or did you dream that the President just winked at you. 😀

• 15 donna dem 4 obama
        May 11, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I wish. Nahhh he winked at someone in the audience when the event began.

• 16 UT Austin Liberal
          May 11, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Hahahahaha… okey dokey then. But you know what?… I think he winked at you too. 😀

May 11, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Yes, in fact he just told me to tell you that after Michelle, you are #1.

10. 18 Puddin'
    May 11, 2011 at 7:46 pm

…if only the Palin’s in the world could walk “one day” in our shoes. Common was wonderful!

11. 20 Thumper
    May 11, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Sarah Palin knows poetry! How dare you say she doesn’t! Here’s an example of a poem she would recognize:

I never saw a purple cow;
    I never hope to see one.
    But I can tell you anyhow,
    I’d rather see than be one.

@POTUS