Jun

and so it begins…..

The Hill: Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin took a direct shot at Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign on the same day Romney made his bid official, and in his own backyard.

Less than an hour before Romney was set to officially announce his presidential bid, Palin criticized him for signing Massachusetts’s healthcare plan…”In my opinion, any mandate coming from government is not a good thing, so obviously … there will be more the explanation coming from former Governor Romney on his support for government mandates”….

….Palin’s sharp rhetoric toward Romney sends a clear signal that she’s not willing to let the former Massachusetts governor have his day in the sun. Tea Party activists might be less inclined to vote for Romney because of his healthcare law, Palin said. “That perhaps will be a big challenge for him because tea party activists are pretty strident, in a good way, in making sure that the candidate that many of the tea party patriots will support – the candidate has a record of living out the principles that tea party patriots do embrace”…

More here

They’ll eat each other alive πŸ˜‰

Thank you Jovie!

Mitt really is having a wuff day

71 Responses to “and so it begins…..”

1. 1 Debz
    June 2, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I’m glad sarah went on the attack. I was beginning to think the repug’s strategy was to see who could be more vicious in attacking PBO. Let them eat each other alive, I will be cheering them on.

• June 2, 2011 at 2:10 pm

But the article says in a good way? Their is no good way from the tea party. This was probably written by a far rightie.

• 3 dotster
        June 2, 2011 at 2:33 pm

That was Palin’s rambling quote, not that of the writer. I heard she’s hosting a clambake on the Ma. shore tonight, also as a means to steal the attention from Mitten’s “Big Day” there. She’s mean and vindictive to one and all, an equal opportunity mean girl. I have no idea how anyone could find her attractive in any way. And who is funding this charade of a not-a-campaign historic sites family vaca bus tour, or whatever it is? It is going to cost millions. Who is investing in this fakery and what is their motive? That would be interesting to know. And her tea party “patriots”?—-the least patriotic people in the country and just useful fools for the Koch Bros.

• 4 isonprize
          June 2, 2011 at 2:38 pm

SarahPAC. That’s why she’s not calling it a campaign. She’s just chillin’ out, commenting on ‘murcan history and pimping her children, also, too.

• 5 Sue in Minnesota
      June 2, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Sarah is talking out her arse. Her track record will not hold up under the same scrutiny and demands she insists of others. That’s what I am waiting for….someone to do the homework and make it a matter of national record. Until that happens our “jouranlists are participating in politicl theater, orchestrated drama and journalistic malfeasance. They should be ashamed, but they have no shame.

She is a source of darkness to the world. Be gone.

• June 2, 2011 at 5:49 pm

How sad that this woman doesn’t use her new-found celebrity to do some good in the world or even in her state of Alaska. She has not done one thing positive an only knows how to steal someone else’s thunder

• 7 Sue in Minnesota
          June 3, 2011 at 12:27 am

Jackie I believe she is incapable of doing anything that doesn’t serve her own needs. I truly suspect is mentally ill.

2. 8 Fred
    June 2, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I love Intraparty cannibalism πŸ˜‰

• 9 Me4obama
      June 2, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I can’t bring myself to say anything nice about her but I like whatever she said.

• 10 Fred
        June 2, 2011 at 2:23 pm

me too Me πŸ˜‰

• 11 utaustinliberal
          June 2, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Hahah. I’m right there with you Fred. The right wing and ultra right wing and tea partiers will all consume each other and hey… pass me the popcorn πŸ™‚

• 12 utaustinliberal
            June 2, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Oh… make that Orville Redenbacher Kettle Corn Popcorn. Makes it all the more enjoyable. πŸ˜‰

• 13 Sue in Minnesota
        June 2, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Sarah Palin has earned herself an exception clause in my rules of conduct contract with myself. She has squandered any benefit of the doubt that I typically apply to my observations and feelings about others. I often express that I think she is vile, but if you rearrange the letters you will know what I truly think….EVIL!

America, you can polish a turd but that won’t change the reality that it is still a turd. Lets leave her in the “outhouse” where she belongs.

• 16 Anonymous
      June 2, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I watched a little of Romney’s announcement (in the same type of yard setting used by PBO many times) and he sure did his share of bashing PBO on leadership and the economy. It appears that he need to overcome the primaries in his own party first.

• June 2, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Ha, me too! πŸ˜†

3. 18 CEB
    June 2, 2011 at 2:10 pm

They eat their own kind, ugh!

4. 19 Me4obama
    June 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Did anyone see the crowd at flip flopper’s campaign launch? Msnbc just compared it tO PBO’s Ireland crowd. Bwahahahahahah.

5. June 2, 2011 at 2:13 pm

So, here is another one! Texas has had such a drought, that corn, wheat and rice prices will be going up.
    And the hits just keep on coming…

6. 33 Bill
    June 2, 2011 at 2:21 pm

For one who has not declared her candidacy the half term governor seems to be feeling her oats. Her perception that her absurd family vacation has been successful is feeding her mental illness. Her hubris and ignorance is going to destroy her.

7. 34 Suzanne
    June 2, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I read somewhere yesterday that the Huckster said he would consider being a VP. Michelle Bachmann says she is not just another pretty face for the GOP.

I have my suspicions that Governor Quitty Pants is in cahoots with the Koch brothers or other movers and shakers. The GOP is just too organized for there not to be some behind the scenes direction in this. The way I see it the GOP rolled out their presidential level troops and they started falling on the wayside. The MSM was talking about how boring the GOP is and then in steps the Half-Term Governor with a custom-made bus and a big tour of the country (which would have take ordering and planning). As the Church Lady used to say, “How convenient.”

I’ve read articles for quite some time that quote GOP saying they don’t think they can beat Obama in 2012. There whole strategy has been to be obnoxious and draw attention from the President and this is just more of the same. I doubt if the leaders care who gets the GOP nod as long as it’s someone that will draw crowds and be loud and obnoxious. Enter Governor Quitty Pants to the rescue. We’ll see how long this ploy runs.

In the meantime, we can work on getting possible voters IDs and registered to vote in states that have passed voter suppression laws and make sure our drum beat is all of the good things that President Obama has done.

Oh, and get some popcorn. I’m interested in how Michele Bachmann and Palin play it.

• 35 isonprize
      June 2, 2011 at 2:41 pm

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

8. 36 Fred
    June 2, 2011 at 2:29 pm

The Quitter’s running all over Pinocchio πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

9. 37 Me4obama
    June 2, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Breaking, JOE MILLER aka “I would like to thank my senate colleagues” is launching a campaign today to stop the Romney GOP nomination. Bwahahahahahah am loving all the pitch forks directed at Romney.

10. June 2, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Off topic: WHERE is BWD?????????????? I swear I am having withdrawal!!!!!! πŸ™‚

11. 43 Debz
    June 2, 2011 at 2:49 pm

By the way, that DNC ad is a hoot!

12. 44 DTTM
    June 2, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Interesting idea that others have suggested: Palin is preparing to run as a third party Tea Bagger, thus making the Tea Bagger Party real, rather than a wing of the GOP. This could either way for PBO…the Perot effect of ’92 which could hurt him because of a splitting of the vote, or, what I hope, just further self-destruction of the GOP. But I worry about this. Palin could easily get 10% of the vote. Thoughts anyone?

• 45 m
      June 2, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Hmmmmm, well she sure loves the tea bag crowd and they her. Interesting thought dttm. I do not want to spend anytime time thinking about her. Can’t she just lay low under a rock for the rest of her life? In my mind/heart/hope there is no way she could take votes away from PBO, but obviously she could take votes from the GOP candidate.

• 46 Bill
      June 2, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Unless someone like the Koch brothers financed a Tea Bagger ticket they would not have the money to finance a credible campaign. I don’t think the Koch brothers or any other wealthy source would wish to buck the Republican party. It could hurt them on the hill. Grass roots fund raising would only give them limited funds. A third party would probably have to be self financing and Bloomberg, the only possibility, shows no sign of running.

• 47 GOVCHRIS1988
      June 2, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Trust me, no one who would ever have voted for Obama would even think of Palin as a Perot type. More likely would take away from the GOP candidate than the President.

• June 2, 2011 at 3:54 pm

tea bagger party wouldn’t take votes that would go to Obama.

• 49 theo67
      June 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I wouldn’t worry about tea party votes. There’s no way the tea party will ever vote for President Obama, because they are founded on hate and racism. They can’t see reality, so anything the President does is the opposite of what they want. He kills OBL, and they find a way to complain about that. They are ridiculous – so palin or some other repug can take them.

I can’t imagine there are reasonable independents who would vote for palin. I can see some of the independents being seduced by bachman (because she’s got a history in Congress) or one of the actual candidates, like pawlenty, hunstman or romney.

But, I’ve wondered how it is that the Republicans are claiming a majority in the House, if they are also claiming that the tea party is a third party? Wouldn’t that make them a coalition majority, which this country doesn’t do? They even said that in NY26, a third party candidate spoiled it for them, and I wondered when the tea party actually declared themselves a separate party?

13. 50 m
    June 2, 2011 at 2:53 pm

This line by Palin makes me laugh: “the candidate that many of the tea party patriots will support β€” the candidate has a record of living out the principles that tea party patriots do embrace.” I am left to wonder if these “tea party patriots” of which she speaks will embrace the record of a Governor who decides just for the heck of it to leave her position as Governor half way through her term? She needs to look at her own record of “living out the principles.”

I can’t help but roll my eyes. I really wish we could skip over all of the nonsense that is sure to come from the GOP regarding the 2012 campaign. Let’s just proceed ahead to the day PBO will be sworn in for a second time! πŸ˜€

14. 51 sherijr
    June 2, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Well a big EFF U to Ms. Palin and her tea party ‘patriots’.. although yes I’m all for repubs smacking each other.. they’re all just so bloody dishonest and full of their own BS. Sorry, I’m in a mood- I just came back from a visit to my local VA Clinic and had to listen to the doctor make a snotty about “Obama’s Va”. Such hogwash, and now I have to find out who I can complain to about this kind of nonsense. All the work this administration is putting into the VA and we’ve got more than one doctor/healthcare person in ND- who get their Paycheck from the VA- making derogatory statements about “Obama”. And it is we, me the patient who keeps getting the short end of the stick. Anyhoo- sorry about the rant.

• 52 sherijr
      June 2, 2011 at 3:13 pm

sorry.. that should read- a snotty comment about..

• 53 Sue in Minnesota
      June 2, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Please file a complaint…..since when does politics enchance the patient doctor relationship. Also the hypocrisy is noteworthy.

• 54 sherijr
        June 2, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I agree with you Sue.. I’ve been threatening (in my head πŸ™‚ to make a formal complaint for sometime now, I will follow through with it this time- I have a list at this point.

• 55 Bill
      June 2, 2011 at 3:48 pm

People such as your Doctor generally do not wish to engage in a dialogue, but when I ask such people why they don’t like him about all I get is he is a socialist or something similar. None of them know anything about policy, but it is fun to try to engage them by asking them questions.

• 56 sherijr
        June 2, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Under normal circumstances I agree Bill- however when I’m in pain and seeking a test to determine the source of my pain I don’t want to engage in a political conversation with my doctor.. and I believe it is highly inappropriate for a VA doctor to complain to a patient about President Obama- especially while that patient is in pain πŸ˜‰ Also: He lied.. I know – big shock. He informed me he didn’t think I’d get approved for this test- and that it would take a month to even find out. Luckily my nurse walked by at that moment and when I asked her to verify this, she informed him otherwise. See this is the problem, we have inept doctors all over ND (I know this for a certainty) and it is a very red state toboot, combine that.. and EVERYTHING is “Obama’s Fault”. So I have had these political discussions with these folks- at their doors and in their homes.. I just don’t want them when I’m seeking urgent medical care.

• 57 Sue in Minnesota
          June 2, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Are you going to be OK? I will be praying for your well being. Please let us know if we can support you in anyway.

• 58 sherijr
            June 2, 2011 at 5:10 pm

thank you Sue, that is so kind of you. I will (hopefully) get this test tomorrow, right now I’m not terribly concerned, just in pain πŸ˜‰ so am going to lay down right now and get some rest. Thanks again, I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

15. 63 P
    June 2, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I will continue to do this ——-> πŸ˜†

16. 64 Claire
    June 2, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I think it was James Carville that said something like, when you see your enemy sinking, throw them an anvil. I love watching the rethugs attack one another.

17. 65 bjw2
    June 2, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Good evening everyone! I was at work and logged on to see this, I couldn’t wait to get home so that I could comment.

OOooh, the republican primary is going to be so good I can hardly wait. This would be a perfect time to buy stock in Orville Redenbacher popcorn.

18. 66 GGail
    June 2, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Every time Palin opens her mouth – she removes all doubt! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

• 67 utaustinliberal
      June 2, 2011 at 5:08 pm

That she does πŸ˜† I believe it was Abe Lincoln who said (I’m paraphrasing here) “better to be silent and be thought of as stupid – than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.” Honest Abe must have been thinking of palin when he coined that phrase.

19. 68 Diana
    June 2, 2011 at 6:06 pm

I wonder if he is going to retaliate? Popcorn time!!!!

20. 69 Claire
    June 2, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Chipsticks,
    Here’s a little story on Elizabeth Hasselbeck saying Sarah Palin is “manipulating” the media away from giving attention to Mitt Romney. She’s turning on Palin now, who is attacking Romney. I am loving watching the rethugs take each other down.

• 70 blessed47
      June 2, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Perhaps someone should school Hasselback on Romney’s expertise on the economy. Once again, she is talking about something for which she has not done any research. Just because Romney made a lot of money does not mean that he has expertise on the economy. Someone should send her an article I read today on how Mitt left the state of Michigan after his term of as governor.

June 2, 2011 at 8:31 pm

That “One Nation” bus has got to be the UGLIEST thing evah. Driving all over but going no where, guzzling gas like a drunken hippo, polluting the darn country with exhaust fumes, noisy engine, burnt tires, blaring horn, muffler not working well…air conditioner sputtering in the hot humid weather…stuffy unclean smell inside…red white and blue paint covering up the rust that is just below the surface… Dirty old bus!

@POTUS