Jun

night everyone

President Obama speaks to a crowd gathered inside a hangar at Muniz Air National Guard Base, shortly after his arrival in San Juan, Puerto Rico, June 14

Text of President’s remarks today here

Video at C-Span here – thanks Doris 😉

If you have even 10 spare dollars please consider donating to Obama/Biden 2012. You can donate directly at the Organizing For America site (here) or through The Obama Diary page at OFA (here) – just $320 to go before this little blog reaches its $2,000 target. Thank you again to everyone who’s donated, hugely appreciated 😉

***

Bonus pic …. an oldie but a goldie:

25 Responses to “night everyone”

1. 1 lisalovesobama
    June 14, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I posted this on another heading but I wanted to do it again here 😉 :

Guys, just had a brilliant idea!!!!! I think we should all call Rusty’s office every friday and demand: “Where are the jobs?” Just learned from my gorgeous lover Lawry, that Rusty is ‘appropriating’ our money, approximately $500,000 to secure a lawyer to defend DOMA since PBO won’t in the 10 cases that are currently in process. How lovely of Rusty to use up the money for this bullshite when he’s huffing and puffing and threatening to blow the entire financial house of the USA down unless he gets his “deep” cuts. A-hole. Then he had the nerve to say that he expects PBO to pay for the shit service (or refund it) he is wasting our money to buy. F-er. Where the F does this tool come off? That stupid mofo. So, since he has no problem wasting money trying to protect that shit law signed by that idiot Clinton (another mess PBO has had to clean up, hello DADT?) we should exercise our free inalienable rights and call that f-er out. I say synchronized calls to that shithead every Friday, just so that he doesn’t forget that we have his damned number. Piece of crap! Here is his number: 202-225-6205. 😡 😡

2. 5 GGail
    June 14, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Good nite Chipsticks and thanks for all you do 🙂

3. June 14, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I hope that somewhere between the morning briefing and the meeting with Sec. Gates is a nice looooong nap. The picnic should be fun (listen to me, acting like I’m invited, lol).

Buenos noches, TOD familia. Abrazos y besos :-D.

4. June 14, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Good night Chips, and do have a good night. Thanks for all the goodies, I appreciate evry snapshot, Video, and articles 🙂

5. 8 Doris
    June 14, 2011 at 9:26 pm

YeaHHHHHHHH, you are welcome Chips. Have a good night. Thanks for all your hard work. You are our Sweetheart. 😀

6. 9 isonprize
    June 14, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I love that picture. I can just imagine him saying “Hey, listen up. I’ve got some important things to say, and I haven’t got much time. My ride is waiting for me outside…” 8)

7. 10 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    June 14, 2011 at 9:52 pm

GOODNIGHT TOD FAMILY….SWEET DREAMS…………:)

8. June 14, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Today secretary chu announced 2.1 billion in loan guarantees for two massive solar projects in California:

Good night, everyone!

9. 12 Doris
    June 14, 2011 at 10:42 pm

That’s a pretty good oldie but goodie, WOW! 😀

10. 13 AnitaW
    June 14, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I’ve never seen that Vogue cover. My GOD he is gorgeous.

11. 14 Doris
    June 14, 2011 at 10:58 pm

WASHINGTON — If you’re an azalea at the National Arboretum, you’re in luck — a Republican on the House Appropriations Committee is looking out for you. If you’re a woman, infant or child, however, you’re on your own.

Slipped into the FY 2012 agriculture appropriations bill that the House is expected to take up today is an unusual provision on page 13 requiring the National Arboretum to maintain a very specific portion of its azalea collection.

12. June 14, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Secretary chu energy efficiency announcement:

13. 16 mtmarilyn
    June 14, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Good Night Wonderful Chipsticks! I am so thankful for all you do. I don’t know what we would without you. Get rest and ready to hit it again tomorrow. Now I get to catch up on all you have done today.

14. 17 Gloria Powell
    June 14, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Goodnight Chipsticks. Thank you. That weird configuration on your page came up when I tried again this evening so I typed in everything I could, clicked submit and up came a new page citing “error” on which I could complete the transaction. Contribution accepted after three trys. Well worth the effort!

• June 15, 2011 at 7:50 am

Gloria, if it was possible to leap in to my computer and give you a very sizeable hug, I would do it – but I haven’t figured out how to do it without breaking my monitor.

Thank you SO much – and thank you for your patience with the OFA site. I had trouble with it this morning too when I was trying to up the target – which I now have to do because you magnificent people helped us reach the target last night.

Thank you again Gloria, love ya!

15. June 15, 2011 at 12:19 am

Looks like Rachel found her presidential candidate, that she has been tenuously looking for. The first republican GAY candidate -ray kraeger. She interviewed him tonight, and they both abused mitt Romney together…

She is weird!

• 20 isonprize
      June 15, 2011 at 12:51 am

JC Watts, Jr., former Republican congressman from Oklahoma is a black Republican. This is what his father, JC Watts, Sr. HIS OWN FATHER, had to say about that..

“A black person voting Republican is like a chicken voting for Col. Sanders.” JC Watts, Sr.

I think the same could be said for gay Rethuglicans. I don’t get them either.

June 15, 2011 at 4:52 am

I am so disappointed in Rachel.

• 22 Anya
      June 15, 2011 at 7:11 am

Rachel is a good advocate for progressive values, so I don’t really understand the attacks against her. Just because she shares a sexual orientation with the person she was interviewing is not a reason to attack her. She raised a legitimate issue against Mitt Romeny, so what’s the issue.

16. 23 Bobfr
    June 15, 2011 at 12:55 am

I think you’ve exceeded your goal, Chips 🙂

17. 24 Bobfr
    June 15, 2011 at 1:05 am

While all these pundits try to place a political ‘spin’ on it, the simple reality is President Obama is actually concerned about the well-being of each Puerto Rican PERSON and their ability to determine their own destiny.

The most important statement in his message is – once the people of Puerto Rico make a clear choice about their destiny, his Administration will support them.

In other words, he is offering to the people of Puerto Rico the same clear message he addressed to the entire Arab and Persian world in his Cairo address in 2009.

Unfortunate only willfully, and paid-to-be shills have access to licensed broadcast spectrum to vomit their idiocy on others, incessantly.

Yes.We.Can. … DO.More.Together!

18. 25 HZ
    June 15, 2011 at 1:35 am

Good niight Chipsticks and TOD family. Thank you Chipsticks.

@POTUS