Jul

fireworks!

The President and First Lady watch the fireworks over the National Mall, Pete Souza, 7/4/11

25 Responses to “fireworks!”

1. 1 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    July 5, 2011 at 9:22 am

I HAD MY OWN FIREWORKS IN MY HOUSE SO I’LL SKIP THIS ONE.

2. 3 MoObama
    July 5, 2011 at 9:53 am

All I got was rain.

3. 4 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    July 5, 2011 at 10:35 am

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MALIA’S PARTY WAS?

July 5, 2011 at 10:57 am

The person sitting with the President in the first pic is not the first lady – that’s Malia. No?

5. 12 dotster
    July 5, 2011 at 11:00 am

Looked like a great party, didn’t it? Lots of activities for everyone, beautiful setting for their tables etc., the most wonderful host and hostess.

6. 13 GGail
    July 5, 2011 at 11:18 am

Hey Chipsticks, I got to see the singer of our song “Hey Soul Sister” up close in the interview on the third video – COOL! and Thanks!!

• 14 Walking_on_ Sunshine
      July 5, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Hey GGail. The person in the video is Amos Lee. I know this because I’m going to see him next week and I’m very excited. The lead singer of Train who sings “Hey Soul Sister” is Patrick Monahan. The link here is picture of Patrick Monahan.

• 15 Walking_on_ Sunshine
        July 5, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Sorry GGail. They were both in the video. ‘Scuse my dumbness. I was over excited. However, this is a very nice pic. of Patrick Monahan so no harm done! πŸ˜‰

• 16 utaustinliberal
          July 5, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Oh I’m soooo jealous that you get to see them live!. Hope you have loads of fun. πŸ™‚

• 17 Walking_on_ Sunshine
            July 5, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I would love to see Train but it’s Amos Lee I am seeing. πŸ™‚

• 18 GGail
              July 5, 2011 at 1:21 pm

WHEW! I’m so glad you cleared that up WoS because I thought my eyes WITH my glasses were failing me when I read the caption underneath the person who was speaking (the lead singer of Train) πŸ˜€

7. 19 Loyal1
    July 5, 2011 at 11:59 am

Wow! This is a great site…like coming home from a war (noise & distraction of the world).

• 20 utaustinliberal
      July 5, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Welcome to our wonderful slice of heaven Loyal1. We’re happy to have you here. Like us, the blogs creator Chipsticks aka Genius, was tired of the misinformation out there in the mainstream media and the constant lies by the GOP and the media about this wonderful man we call President Barack Obama, his family and his administration. Our family (TOD’ers) love and vigorously defend him and his administration for the excellent job since day one. We are solidly committed to making sure he is re-elected in 2012 and in speaking truth to the media and gop who try to present opinion as fact.

I hope you visit more often – because frankly it will keep you sane πŸ˜‰ – and I hope you participate in the lively, informative discussion that goes on here; because honestly, TOD’ers including Chipsticks aka Freaking Genius freak of nature with limitless energy have got to be the smartest, most informed, kind, helpful, compassionate and to die for hilarious virtual family in the world! So once again welcome, and happy exploration!!! πŸ˜€

• 21 Walking_on_ Sunshine
      July 5, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Welcome Loyal1 Hope to see you around here often! πŸ™‚

8. 22 GGail
    July 5, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Ditto, welcome Loyal1.

9. 23 P
    July 5, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Aww that pic is too cute! I always look forward to the 4th of July fireworks picture from Pete Souza πŸ™‚

10. July 5, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Seeing the First Lady and President welcome the military men, women, and their families on the South Lawn was great.

@POTUS