Jul

oooops ….. 27%?!

You have to chuckle at this Sunshine State News article about Rick Scott’s latest approval ratings – they don’t mention until the seventh (seventh!) paragraph that he’s down to 27 percent!

Before then there’s a truly heroic attempt to spin the figure, with two – two! – Tea Party creatures quoted supporting him.

The article also talks about the “venom” directed at Scott from “across both genders and all corners of the state” and how “Left-wing activists” have “assailed Scott from day one for his budget cuts….”.

Venom? Left-wing activists? Translation: regular Florida folk are angry about what this lowlife is doing to their state.

The final word is given to Richard Johnston, a Palm Beach County-based Republican consultant: “Any place you have reform, that creates negativity as well … It’s a byproduct of leadership.”

πŸ˜†

37 Responses to “oooops ….. 27%?!”

1. 1 nintendowii10
    July 13, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I posted this video earlier, but I expect Rick Scott to echo John Kasich:

Kasich: We Don’t Need No Stinking Poll Numbers

2. 2 COS
    July 13, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Wow!!! I think the tea party have exposed themselves for what they really are. I remember Harry Reid saying that they would lose their popularity. Chipsticks, I can’t keep up with you today. I live on the west coast and by the time I get up in the morning, I am way behind. πŸ™‚ When I woke up to the 86mil this morning, I jumped out of bed. πŸ™‚

3. 3 GGail
    July 13, 2011 at 2:28 pm

β€œAny place you have reform, that creates negativity as well … It’s a byproduct of leadership.” WHAAAAAAT? Where did he get his leadership training from….Hitler, Stalin???????

COS, I agree with you – by the time we west coast folks wake up, we are wayyyyy behind in news gathering, but we just jump in running πŸ˜€

4. 4 halo
    July 13, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I’ve always wondered what it was like to live in an alternate reality.

5. 5 Hachikō
    July 13, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Chip, I got the new post notification in my inbox and almost puked when this crook’s face appeared in my reading pane. Blech!

• July 13, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Sorry Hachikō!!!! Oh flip, the photo in the latest post is going to make your day even worse! πŸ˜•

• 7 utaustinliberal
      July 13, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Hahaha… he does look like Florida’s real life version of Voldemort; and like Voldemort he will be vanquished.

• July 13, 2011 at 2:47 pm

ha! The Dark Lord or He Who Shall Not Be Named is waaaaaay better looking…… and that’s saying something. Even Gollum beats Scott in looks. πŸ™‚
        ps- gonna go to the midnight showing the night HP premiers, then the next night I’m going again. So sad that it has to end 😦 😦 😦 Gonna cry πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯

• 9 utaustinliberal
          July 13, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Me too Lisa, me too. I got my ticket online and I will be there for the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. On the one hand, I’m super stoked but on the other, I know I’m going to weep like a baby when the movie is over. Lately I’ve been getting misty eyed whenever I see the commmercials becuase for the past decade the books and movies have been part of my life and now a phase of my literary and movie following life is about to end. Gosh I’m going to blubber like a leaky faucet 😦 😦 😦 Viva la Harry Potter!

6. July 13, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Hey are you guys on the call with the DCCC right now? Speaker Pelosi couldn’t be on it as she apparently is in a meeting with POTUS and Senator Reid.

Also.. I’m so thrilled that I finally got my POTUS Birthday card in the mail today.. I thought they forgot me πŸ™‚

Love all the good news on our funding today.. I have been unable to view the video yet by Jim Messina- as I’m still unable to access all kinds of things from my very screwed up computer.. but just wanted to comment on the most excellent donation count by all we OBAMABOTS.. so proud of us!

• July 13, 2011 at 2:46 pm

oh crap first question concerned about POTUS taking Medicare/ Medicaid. Rep Israel is answering that “President Obama is EMPHATIC that he will not reduce Medicare benefits”. Awesome answer.. love that he was so dead cert in his defense of POTUS.

• July 13, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Oh I’m loving this: listening to democrats πŸ™‚ makes me happy. A lady called from Santa Cruz, CA- not a citizen and can’t vote yet but believes President Obama to be the “only Leader with INTEGRITY”. Loved that πŸ™‚ even she is onto Boehner’s BS.

• 13 Dakota
      July 13, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I didn’t get mine yet!!! Sniff! Sniff!

7. 14 Fred
    July 13, 2011 at 2:47 pm

found the Chicago # for Obama for America.The lady told me that it we have a scoop on something to give them a call anytime πŸ˜€

312-698-3670

8. July 13, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Hmm.. the “venom” couldn’t be because he’s been doing a lot of things he said he wouldn’t do, and then turning around and doing his best to turn the state into a third-world country, would it? Maybe next time the voters in Florida will get the idea.

9. July 13, 2011 at 3:04 pm

good Grief: Congressman Israel is INCENSED.. asking us to TWEET & FACEBOOK and go after Congressman Mobrook- republican who just now on the house floor made a speech that he will do anything ANYTHING Short of SHOOTING Illegal immigrants to prevent them from getting jobs that American citizens ‘should have’.

this caller is saying that some of the repub governors have not yet invested stimulus funds that they received.. Mitch Daniels in Michigan being one of them.

• July 13, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I can’t tweet or facebook due to my computer problems, I HOPE many of you will go after MOBROOK. Ask him that since he’s only willing to stop short of shooting other human beings- how about trying to present an actual JOBS bill to help these American citizens he’s so dang concerned about.

• 21 Proud of Obama
      July 13, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Daniels is in Indiana. He’s my lousy governor.

• July 13, 2011 at 3:47 pm

oh I’m sorry – I know that, I think when the caller was talking about Daniels he threw in the auto save in Michigan.. and I just kept typing, thank you for catching my goof Proud πŸ™‚

10. 23 dotster
    July 13, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Could I sneak in a tech question here, and please be patient—my skills in this area are basic—-I’m good at other stuff tho πŸ™‚ Does anyone know why I can’t log onto any Gannett newspaper website? I have no such problem anywhere else. There are conservative area newspaper sites in Florida where I have inserted some truths for the folks for years. Now since Gannett took over, I can’t log in, re-register, nothing. The little circle dealie keeps spinning and spinning and spinning—-on into infinity—–and never completes the request. I have emailed their staff and they were not helpful. I use mozilla firefox. Any ideas? Because I would really like to discuss Scott’s approval ratings and other dastardly deeds there.

• 24 Roberta in MN
      July 13, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Dotster,t
      I have fierfox too, ans sometimes it does that. I also have Internet Explorer, would try downloading Google Chrome. That should take care of it. If not that, I would contact Firefox and see what they have to say. Sometimes it just the settings in the Options menu for and may have to make Gannet allowed on your computer.

I will look up on mine and see exactly where to locate the area where you need to allow Gannet to come into your system.

• 25 Roberta in MN
      July 13, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Dotster
      I have firerfox too, and sometimes it does that. I also have Internet Explorer, would try downloading Google Chrome. That should take care of it. If not that, I would contact Firefox and see what they have to say. Sometimes it just the settings in the Options menu for and may have to make Gannet allowed on your computer.

• 27 Roberta in MN
      July 13, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Dotster,

I was able to get on Gannet and I did it through Firefox. You may need to get help from Firefox itself. sorry I couldn’t be any better help for you.
      Good luck.

• 29 busbus
      July 13, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Hi dotster,

I don’t know if you still need this information; but, I was able to get to Gannett’s homepage and, after checking out the menu, was able to find their U.S. map to locate their newspapers in the different states. I’m using Firefox as my search engine.

I hope this helps.

11. July 13, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Is it me or does this dude look like the man in American Gothic?

12. July 13, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I think Americas are beginning to see the “HUGE” mistake they made in 2010.

13. July 13, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Every time I see a photo of this man he looks just like a felon.

14. 34 Roberta in MN
    July 13, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Dotster,
    Sorry I sent a reply to you but put it under my other email address. Chips can you accept the other one too.
    roberta@thetexasandersons.com

15. 36 Roberta in MN
    July 13, 2011 at 6:35 pm

My other disappeared darn it.Maybe it will show up yet. I will check back later.

16. 37 S. Holland
    July 13, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Another wonderfil example of buyers remorse : ) Let’s hope it just continues and these miserable idiots just keep offending everyone! arrogant idiots, everyone of them!

@POTUS