11:0: PBO attends the second G-20 plenary session
1:30: Attends the third G-20 plenary session
2:45: Attends a working lunch
5:20: Attends the closing ceremony of the G-20 Summit
5:45: Holds a bilateral meeting with President Hu of China
7:30: Holds a press conference
8:40: Departs Los Cabos, Mexico
TPM: A majority of voters agreed with President Obama’s decision to halt deportation of young undocumented immigrants, according to a new Bloomberg Poll out Tuesday … 64 percent of likely voters agree with the new policy, while just 30 percent disagreed.
Along party lines, only Republicans disagreed the move, with 56 percent of likely GOP voters opposed to the policy. Close to 9 in 10 Democrats (86 percent) liked the move. A large majority of independents, 66 percent, backed the decision, while just 26 percent opposed it.
…. Yesterday, a Latino Decisions poll showed that enthusiasm for Obama among Latino voters jumped significantly after the announcement.
Eugene Robinson: Sí, se puede. Yes, it can be done.
President Obama showed last week that it’s possible to find a reasonable, humane solution for at least 800,000 young people who were illegally brought into this country as children. All you need is a moral compass and a heart.
Seems to me that Obama’s unilateral decision to let these non-citizens remain here without fear of deportation should have quieted critics who bray and whine about a supposed lack of bold presidential leadership. It didn’t, of course.
Where is Mitt Romney on all of this, you ask? Excellent question…..
…. It’s tiresome having to spend so much time trying to figure out what Romney really believes. If anything, I mean.
Full article here
ThinkProgress: The 7 Major Issues Mitt Romney Won’t Take A Position On….
1. Romney won’t say whether he would undo Obama’s decision to end deportations of DREAM-eligible immigrants….
2. Romney won’t say whether he’d support the Paycheck Fairness Act…..
3. Romney won’t specify which tax loopholes he’d close….
4. Romney won’t say which federal agencies he’d eliminate….
5. Romney won’t say whether he supports the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.
6. Romney won’t say whether he’d support full reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act….
7. Romney won’t say whether say whether he’d eliminate the “carried interest” tax break for private equity partners….
Full post here
Love this from BuzzFeed – ‘Gingrich ditches the press, but no one wants his autograph at the Faith & Freedom Coalition’s meeting in Washington, D.C.’
Look at that line!