May

4bb

With Italian FM Bono

7a

With Marine Guards

*****

Arriving in Russia

Tasting traditional bread and salt

\18

Touring Red Square w/ Amb. McFaul(right)

SOS Kerry meets w/ Moscow Embassy Staff

Teodor Pitner, 3, the son of Embassy Moscow Attaches Terry and Aleksandra Pitner, finds a quiet spot

14a

Laying a wreath at Tomb of Unknown Soldier

***

SOS Kerry attends the World Economic Forum

1aa

***

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry listens as Boston Marathon winner Lelisa Desisa announces he will return his medal in honor of the marathon bombing victims, during a ceremony at the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on May 26, 2013

Boston Marathon bombing victim Jeff Bauman and his rescuer, Carlos Arredondo, were being honored at Fenway Park.

2a

Bauman, who lost both legs in the blast, threw out a ceremonial first pitch to catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia before the Red Sox game against the Philadelphia Phillies. Arredondo pushed him out to the mound in a wheelchair and threw out a first pitch to Red Sox slugger David Ortiz.

***

******

Additional photos

Afternoon TOD….a little holdover thread until Chips is done watching the Ireland/England Match. This is a round up of SOS Kerry’s travels this past month

122 Responses to “On the road w/ SOS Kerry”

1. 6 57andfemale
    May 29, 2013 at 4:02 pm

2nd?

2. May 29, 2013 at 4:03 pm

So I find an email from Van Jones in my inbox Headlined “Obama Tar Sands..something or other”. That man just makes me mad. I thought I had unsubscribed but I guess I didn’t do it hard enough!

May 29, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Hey Maryl, I see you up there! You almost done with the kiddies? I’ve lost track.

4. May 29, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Good Afternoon TODers!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Continued prayers and positive thoughts for Gobrooklyn that her surgery goes well and for her continued recovery. Her upbeat spirit is such an inspiration.

• May 29, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I’d like to add my good wishes to Gobrooklyn and also my hopes for a good visit to SOS Kerry. I’ve always liked John Kerry, a handsome and an essentially good man.

Update: Husband Alan is almost finished a handicapped accessible shower for me, which means an end to sitting at the bathroom sink sponge baths. What a joy that will be!

Advance apologies for typos — the fall that broke my hip also did something queer to my right hand. Daughter Melanie got me some writing workbooks to practice getting my handwriting understandable — an uphill battle.

5. 18 JER
    May 29, 2013 at 4:10 pm

LIVE NOW: Air Force One departing for Chicago – http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

• 19 Layla
      May 29, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I am always in awe watching the President take off and land on AF!. Carrying such precious cargo!!!!!

May 29, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Who is winning the Ireland-England match, LP? Give us a heads-up as to whether or not we’ll need to step carefully around Chips upon her return or whether we can expect ice cream cones cheesy puffs for everyone. If it’s the latter I’m signing off to go and cook.

May 29, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Actually, I’m off to cook either way.

May 29, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Disrupt, dismantle, and defeat Al Qaeda. In other words, getting the job done.

9. May 29, 2013 at 4:15 pm

LovelyPlains, Thank you for pictorial journal of our Secretary of State hard at work.

10. 30 auni
    May 29, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I was glad to see the photos of Kerry just going around the world looking after our interests. What a hard job.

11. 31 MightyPamela
    May 29, 2013 at 4:21 pm

SOS looks very correct on John Kerry. IMHO. Another well done to our President! Bye y’all!

• 32 theo67
      May 29, 2013 at 5:44 pm

I totally agree, Pamela. SOS Kerry just looks so happy and content, and you know he’s eminently qualified and taking the work very seriously. It’s a sight to behold!

May 29, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Thanks Lovelyplains for taking us on the road with SOS Kerry. He really LOVES his job, and it shows. And as Mighty P observed, the job seems to love him just as much!! 🙂

• 34 nathkatun7
      May 29, 2013 at 4:42 pm

HFI agree with you and MP about SoS, John Kerry! Kudos to President Obama for selecting, in succession, two people who might have become Presidents, to serve as Secretaries of State. This to me shows the President’s tremendous depth of character.

13. 35 57andfemale
    May 29, 2013 at 4:29 pm

• 36 HZ
      May 29, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Love her and her spirit of lifting up her voice and fighting alongside of those who has the President’s back. (((((Love you Senator Boxer))))

• 37 nathkatun7
        May 29, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Hello, HZ! I too love my Senator, Barbara Boxer. She is by far one of the most courageous U.S. Senators who is not easily intimidated by right wingers. She has always had the President’s back. In 2010, when she run for re-election, she was one of the few Democrats, along with Washington’s Pat Murray and Majority Leader Harry Reid, who never run away from President Obama. Guess what? They all won.

• 38 Betsy
          May 29, 2013 at 5:03 pm

She’s my Senator too, and I love her as well, but I am unhappy about her being one of 5 Dems (along with Feinstein) who had no political courage to support changing the filibuster rules. I don’t understand, and have written to her about this, but her response was just to thank me for contacting her and that she would consider my email in her decision. I wasn’t happy about what she ultimately did 😦

• 39 nathkatun7
            May 29, 2013 at 5:30 pm

“…but I am unhappy about her being one of 5 Dems (along with Feinstein) who had no political courage to support changing the filibuster rules.”

Betsy, I understand and appreciate your frustration with the filibuster rules. Obviously Republicans have nakedly and shamelessly abused the filibuster rules since President Obama took office. But I think for Senators like Boxer and Feinstein, who know how it was when Republicans controlled the Senate and wanted to push through right wing legislation such as privatizing Social Security, or appointing extremist judges to the federal courts, their hesitation to do away with filibuster, as far as I am concerned, is quite understandable. If you view governance in long terms, there may come a time when Democrats are in a minority in the Senate. If that happens, the filibuster may be the only way to stop insane laws. So in this case, I don’t think it was lack of political courage on her part. Rather, it was her long term view that there may come a time when Democrats need a filibuster to stop obnoxious laws or obnoxious appointments.

May 29, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Hello there, Nathk! I see you are off early today. 😀

‘If you view governance in long terms, there may come a time when Democrats are in a minority in the Senate. If that happens, the filibuster may be the only way to stop insane laws.’

There was a time when this seemed to me like a reasonable position for some Dem pols to take but not anymore. Given the unrelenting way the GOPs have been squishing the face of average America into the dirt with their repeated, and ridiculous, obstructions to progress, it does seem weak of these Dems to stand and watch for so long, while proclaiming that they are holding back their protection in case it MAY be needed later. Right now is when some action is needed. IMO long term view should be goal-oriented and (potentially) productive. This version of long-term view (as some Dems have practised it on this subject) is IM(Current)O insensitive to the needs of the country. There MAY come a time when Dems MAY need the current filibuster rules, but RIGHT NOW there IS NEED for some action on the part of Dems in the Senate. They can deal with MAY when it arises, should it arise. [Not attacking you, Nathk, just sharing how I currently feel about Reid & his little gang not doing anything worthwhile and thus giving the minority such power over the majority. It’s undemocratic and wrong.]

• 41 HZ
          May 29, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Hello nathkatun7. We stand with our Senator, Barbara Boxer. She does tremendous work for us and the entire nation. I remember when she ran, POB was standing right beside her on the stage, and she looked so in the right place with her President.

Nath, you are so correct. Patty Murray, Leader Reid, Boxer and POB, all won. POB was there for all of them. We shall move forward with them.

Hope you day is lovely. We are having some lovely weather out here. Have a beautiful day, nath.HZ

• 42 nathkatun7
            May 29, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Thanks HZ! I am so glad to see many of my fellow Californians. I agree with everything you said about our Senator Boxer. The weather here in San Diego is absolutely gorgeous! Been busy working inside so I didn’t get to enjoy it as much. But the day is still young and I plan on going for a walk later in the evening. I hope you are are having a wonderful day.

• 43 57andfemale
        May 29, 2013 at 5:08 pm

This was a brilliant tweet.

14. 45 jackiegrumbacher
    May 29, 2013 at 4:41 pm

LP, this is an absolutely terrific review of John Kerry at work. I’m very proud of the way he’s conducting himself overseas and I know that wherever he goes, he remembers just exactly who his boss is. This country has been blessed with two of the the finest SOSs in history during PBO’s term and they have helped him positively reshape the image of our country after the disastrous Bush years. Today at the gym, I looked up from my book on the treadmill and saw John Bolton’s mug on the screen on FAUX and I thought what an tiny, twisted little man he is and how embarrassing he was during hit time at the UN. Bush always went for the small, cramped, narrow-minded choices in his appointments. Our president always chooses the best.

• 46 theo67
      May 29, 2013 at 5:47 pm

You really hit on a point regarding SOS Kerry knowing who his boss is, and I think Hillary also did a pretty good job of that, as well. I was sleepily listening to SOS Kerry on BBC (Hard Talk) last night, and he was asked about his foreign policy position on something, and he immediately came back with “President Obama’s position, and mine too, is…”. I fell asleep smiling.

15. 47 57andfemale
    May 29, 2013 at 4:42 pm

• 49 nathkatun7
      May 29, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I don’t get the humor in Jeff Greenfield’s tweet? I hope that in making fun of Michele Bachmann he is not trying to make fun, or diminish the stature of Dr. George Washington Carver, an accomplished African American scientist.

• May 29, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I think it’s pretty clear he’s making fun of Birdbrain Bachmann. 🙂

• 51 57andfemale
        May 29, 2013 at 4:59 pm

He’s making fun of Bachmann because she once called George Washington Carver one of the ‘founding fathers’ because he was against slavery, or some such nonsense.

16. 52 auni
    May 29, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Just read that Bachmann isn’t going to run again–praise the Lord. Now if Mitch M. isn’t reelected that will be frosting on the cake.

• 53 57andfemale
      May 29, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I sent McConnell a tweet and now I’m on some list and was tweeted to sign a petition getting all the answers to the IRS nonsense. I was upset – I don’t want McConnell talking to me. Then I checked the replies – the Good Guys had totally hijacked the twitter-thread (wrong terminology, I’m sure). It was hilarious.

17. 56 anniebella
    May 29, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I wish I could say that their was one Republican that I had any respect for. Today Republicans are a bunch of lying, do nothing racists. So Mitch McTurtle has a ad out where he compares President Obama to Nixon. It wasn’t long ago that these same Republicans were calling the President Jimmy Carter. The only hope for this country is to get rid of politicians like Mitch McConnell.

• 57 Bill
      May 29, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I also keep looking for one so as not to seem overly biased. However, I cannot find one.

• 58 nathkatun7
        May 29, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Well, how about Ray LaHood, Chuck Hagel, Bob Gates, Bob Dole and Susan Eisenhower? Sadly, of course, they have no measurable influence on the current Republicans in Congress.

• May 29, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Why anniebella…you mean to tell me you don’t like Louie Gohmert…Ted Cruz…Rand Paul? 🙂

• 60 yardarm756
      May 29, 2013 at 5:07 pm

You gotta remember that turtles have the ability to breathe through their ass!

• 61 57andfemale
      May 29, 2013 at 5:07 pm

About a year and a half into PBO’s first term, I realized that anyone who continued to call themselves Republican was without redemption. I especially included the likes of Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe who were in lockstep 98% of the time, and then wasted PBO’s and Reid’s time hanging carrots in front of them. If you continue to call yourself Republican then you have explicitly signed on to the freak show that is trying to turn this country into a third world nation. I have no use for any of them.

The Democratic Party is moderate – if you’re a real moderate then you should feel at home with Democrats. If you care about deficits, the health and wellbeing of the American people, our ability to compete in the global marketplace – then the Republican Party has no place for you. To call yourself Republican means that you have chosen the Dark Side. Pure and simple.

• 62 theo67
        May 29, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I’m with you, 57. Conservative principles and the Republican Party no longer have anything to do with each other. The Republican Party now just stands for those who are actively engaged in protecting wealth for the top 1%, punishing the poor and needy, and pillaging this country regardless of the damage to future generations – and they’re willing to use any nitwit and/or racist to pursue and achieve their ends. The Senate GOP leader made it his mission to make removing the duly elected President from office at a time of two wars, economic collapse, increasing global competition and rampant fear. They dreamed up this plot the night of the 2009 inauguration. And they continue to pursue a version of this plot to this day. They are cruel, heartless and without morals or integrity. Anyone associating themselves with this version of the Republican Party has bought into who they are today, not some long-forgotten version of their more noble state.

18. 63 Roberta in MN
    May 29, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Thank you LP, we hardly ever hear about the SOS and what he/she were doing. Great rundup.

19. May 29, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Good Afternoon peeps.

How’s everybody today?

20. 65 Linda
    May 29, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Michele Bachmann is in Russia investigating the Boston Bombing.

oy

21. May 29, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Any Bridget Jones fans on TOD. Well I’m like a BIG BIG fan of the movies, but especially the books and when I read that the author Helen Fielding was writing another installment, well, as ya can imagine, I was like YESSSSS!

I even wrote on my blog about it…lol.(SQUEEEE!!! Bridget Jones is Back )

I wont even make you go to my blog to see my new fav pic of Colin Firth (ignore the wife, like I always do with Hugh Jackman too…lol)

Here’s an excerpt from Today Show page:

Her newest rule? “Do not text when drunk.” In an excerpt, the entry reads:

“You see, this is the trouble with the modern world. If it was the days of letter-writing, I would never even have started to find his address, a pen, a piece of paper, an envelope, a stamp, and gone outside at 11.30 p.m. to find a postbox. A text is gone at the brush of a fingertip, like a nuclear bomb or Exocet missile.

22. 80 yardarm756
    May 29, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I’d say the SoS is one of the few in DC that is earning his pay. Besides PBO that is.

• 81 nathkatun7
      May 29, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Exactly, Yardarm! Bob Dole was right in one sense about Republicans putting up a sign that “Congress’ business is closed” until they figure out how to govern. But he should have gone further and said: while Congress is closed for business members of Congress who have been obstructing the work of Congress should have their pay docked!

• 82 yardarm756
        May 29, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Here, here. I think it should apply to all in congress. The more you obstruct the less you get….Some of those asses would owe us money for being in DC.

23. 83 susanne
    May 29, 2013 at 5:07 pm

thanks for the great pix of sec kerry! my son and his wife, who work for usaid in ethiopia, told me they got to meet him last week. they were so excited to have him in the embassy there. this is from the usaid website; a little about the work being done:

‘ USAID’s portfolio in Ethiopia is one of the largest and most complex in Africa.

Over the last decade, Ethiopia has made tremendous development gains in education, health and other key areas. Despite the regular cycle of drought that affects parts of the country, the number of emergency beneficiaries has dropped from 15 million in 2003 to 5.6 million in 2012. The number of private sector businesses has increased from almost none in 1991 to more than 45,000 today, and GDP growth is seven percent. Almost 95 percent of children now enter primary school, and the addition of 38,000 health extension workers has helped reduce the child mortality rate by more than five percent a year.

Ethiopia also remains one of the poorest countries in the world, with an annual per capita income of $471. Ten percent of the population suffers from chronic food insecurity, and 82 percent is dependent on subsistence agriculture. Its fast-growing population puts tremendous pressure on the land and natural resources that are the foundation of the country’s growth.

To further the country’s progress, the Ethiopian Government has committed itself to sustainably increasing rural incomes and national food security. U.S. assistance capitalizes on a partnership with the government to deliver basic public services and combat poverty. ‘

24. 87 dotster3
    May 29, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I get mad at AP for this kind of stuff—–new story heading: “Do you like your healthcare policy? Well, you may be losing it.” Then states that this goes against President Obama’s campaign promise of ‘if you like your healthcare policy, you can keep it.’ This is just meant to scare and anger people. Finally in later paragraphs writer states that it is likely that consumers will end up being pleased with new policies because they will be better than their current bare bones policies.

• May 29, 2013 at 5:18 pm

The media is mind-managing again. Some people may lose their policies, but that has nothing to do with ObamaCare or the President. If an employer changes his carrier, that’s between employer and employee.

25. 89 yardarm756
    May 29, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Surprise. Surprise.

26. May 29, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Thanks everyone for the gracious comments…. I have been wanting to update my “On the Road” series for a while….

27. 91 Linda
    May 29, 2013 at 5:18 pm

The top US diplomat on Syria Robert Ford plans to step down this summer, several US officials tell the Back Channel.

Ford, who was confirmed as US Ambassador to Syria in 2011 after serving there since 2010 under a recess appointment, saw his job transformed by the unrest that has long since escalated into a full scale civil war. Earlier this month Ford traveled into Syria from Turkey with a convoy of US food aid, to meet with Syrian rebel commanders and urge them to support transition talks planned to be held in Geneva next month.

Ford was again in Turkey Wednesday trying, along with his French, Arab and Turkish diplomatic colleagues, to push Syria’s opposition to agree to expand and diversify its leadership ranks.

He is said by multiple officials to be exhausted, including from his efforts trying to unify the fractious Syrian opposition. The Back Channel was unable to reach Ford Wednesday.

Ford is expected to stay on for the Syria peace conference in Geneva next month, and possibly step aside in July. (One source thought Ford might next take a job at the State Department Inspector General office, but that couldn’t be confirmed.) It is still unclear who will succeed him in the Syria job, or if the role might be revamped to create a special US envoy to the Syrian opposition, State Department sources said.

Read more: http://backchannel.al-monitor.com/index.php/2013/05/5357/top-us-syria-envoy-expected-to-step-down/#ixzz2Uicomddk

28. 95 susanne
    May 29, 2013 at 5:20 pm

more on addis ababa:

‘ President Obama launched the Young African Leaders Initiative in 2010, placing young African leaders at the heart of our strategic engagement with the continent. It has become a signature effort of the White House and demonstrates our commitment to helping Africa’s next generation of leaders grow and develop.
    ~
    This weekend, Secretary Kerry traveled to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where he participated in celebrations for the 50th anniversary of the African Union. In his remarks to African leaders, Secretary Kerry acknowledged that nearly all of the leaders are older than the African Union while the vast majority of Africans are younger than the African Union. Sixty percent of Africans are under the age of 30. For this reason, Secretary Kerry participated in a “Youth Connect” event with African young people on the issues that matter most to them. The event was jointly hosted by BBC’s “HARDtalk” at the University of Addis Ababa and will be broadcast by BBC News, BBC World, BBC World Service, and BBC 2 on May 28 and 29.’

29. 96 dotster3
    May 29, 2013 at 5:27 pm

The more Jon Stewart does anti-Obama segments on The Daily Show, the more Tweety compliments him. Almost every day now Tweety heaps huge praise on Stewart, just said his show was “better than ever” and then slipped in another compliment later, calling him “a brilliant satirist”.

May 29, 2013 at 5:30 pm

When it comes to PBO-bashing,they love to “hi-five” and pat each other on the back. But guess who’s going to have the last laugh? Hint: Neither Matthews, nor Stewart.

• 98 Linda
      May 29, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Tweety is star struck quite a bit.

He treats politicians like Rock Stars sometimes.

Yesterday he was raving about the talks of Ed Rendell ( Ugh ) and how Great he will be helping Hillary win.

If she decides to run and brings Rendell along, I will have a very hard time with that in 2016.

May 29, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Matthews is rather disingenuous. His “praise” for Stewart has nothing to do with Jon, and everything to do with PBO-bashing. Ditto for his nonstop and nauseating raving about Hillary/Rendell, etc.

• 100 theo67
        May 29, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Ed Rendell did nothing in 2010 to help Democrats win, and denigrated the health care reform bill mercilessly during that election cycle. If Hillary selects him to run her campaign (if she decides to run), or if she surrounds herself with the “old guard” of Clintonites, then it may be over before it even begins. These are many of the same people who fostered the confusion and mismanagement in 2008 which did her no favours during that campaign.

May 29, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Steve Schmidt was on RM last night talking some sense…too bad his party’s not listening

• 103 Linda
        May 29, 2013 at 5:36 pm

I saw that. I wish he was a Democrat……

• 104 57andfemale
        May 29, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Steve Schmidt is a big reason we’re in this mess. when he and McCain unleashed Palin on us, it emboldened any RWNJ to parade his ignorance and run for Congress. They elevated stupidity and made it equivalent with being qualified to run the government. So Steve Schmidt can take his platitudes and…………

Mark my words – history will name that event as a real ‘game changer’ in American politics for which John McCain should have hung his head in shame and left public life for good. Instead, he embraced all of the craziness.

Eff Steve Schmidt.

• 105 theo67
          May 29, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I’m with you, 57. I’ll never have a single word of praise for Steve Schmidt. He knowingly allowed that election to proceed, knowing that if the GOP succeeded in stealing another election, then McCain and Palin would be running the world. And he knew how deadly that would be for this country.

• 106 57andfemale
            May 29, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I really wish liberals would stop falling all over themselves with praise when the wingnuts do one thing right. It’s annoying. Big deal – he’s not a complete deranged idiot. Big whup. On the other hand, when you listen to the RM clip, he’s just bemoaning the fact that the establishment wing of the Republican party lost power to the Wild West that was unleashed by CU. But the left is always falling all over itself with praise, while Republicans never forget who their enemy is.

• 107 theo67
              May 29, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Well, 2014 is going to require Democrats not forgetting who the enemy is – or ending up with two more years of obstruction, and possibly paving the way for a GOP president in 2016 who won’t hesitate to undo all the good done by President Obama (or take credit for it).

• 108 57andfemale
                May 30, 2013 at 11:14 am

We have to play the game the way Republicans play. Imagine what would have happened to the power of the Religious Right if they had taken their marbles and gone home because Reagan didn’t reverse Roe v. Wade. They waited and voted for 30 effing years, chipping away at rights and ALWAYS supporting their candidates in great numbers. The Left doesn’t get what it wants RIGHT NOW and they ‘send a message’ by not voting. It’s the opposite of how to succeed.

• 109 theo67
                  May 30, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Sometimes, I think the egos on the left might be bigger than the egos on the right. So many of the emoprogs and left pundits are more interested in demonstrating their “intellect”, than actually making life better for millions. And I doubt any of them have ever lifted a finger to actually push for legislation or change. Republicans believe in what they’re pushing – as deranged as it might be. Many Democrats – not so much.

• 110 57andfemale
                    May 30, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Republicans want to win. They always know who their enemy is – it’s us. Liberals get lost in the weeds of process and refuse to prioritize the need to win in order to effect change. They are comfortable in this status, and some very smart people ignore the consequences of their actions. They crouch and quit if they don’t get everything they want, instantly. They are quick to praise one perceived decent thing a Republican does (read: Rand Paul on drones (which he doesn’t even believe), and Bob Dole, who actually created this ‘illegitimacy” of Democratic Presidents, thereby denying them their mandate. They are equally quick to condemn their own. They call it ‘independence’, but are culpable in the consequences of diluting of our influence. Disgusting.

• 111 theo67
                      May 30, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Yup – so true. It’s a very sad state of affairs. If the GOP just had a difference of opinion on how things should work, that would be one thing. But, the GOP policies are dangerous, damaging, deadly and destructive. Letting them get power of the House in 2010 has been incredibly damaging, and giving them the Senate or the White House would destroy this country. Look at the damage they’ve done in the state Assemblies. Again, I say, people have to wake up.

• 112 57andfemale
                      May 30, 2013 at 3:49 pm

The census alone – it made it difficult for us for at least a decade. Plus, the RWNJ’s that laughed at Bernanke when he tried to explain to them how the debt ceiling works. The damage they have wrought in statehouses across the country is unfathomable. We are run by a Congress infested with Lord of the Flies. And yet, the whiny left never learns.

30. 113 carolyn
    May 29, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Another thanks LP for the post on SOS Kerry. I am so glad he is now SOS…..he was made for this job. Of course, I also wanted him to be elected president in 2004. Think of some of the horror our country would have been spared if that had happened! I am one who believes Bush & Rove stole Ohio in that election……and no one has shown me anything to change my mind.
    Again…..Thanks for the Kerry travelogue.

31. 118 vitaminlover
    May 29, 2013 at 5:44 pm

I am pleased with S O S Kerry.

May 29, 2013 at 5:47 pm

33. 122 Nena20409
    May 29, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Wow…..LP, great Job.

Kerry Is looking spiffy and happy. SoS job…..fits him 😉 I still would have preferred Dr. Susan Rice. But…..that is just me. Kerry is OK. I am just a tad bitter……..licking my disappointment.

@POTUS