Oct

This, That and a little bit of the Other

“You don’t like a particular policy or a particular president, then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election.”

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

From GoBrooklyn:

Hi Everyone!

Appointments went smoothly today. I will probably get results during next week’s appointment. Good news of the day is that I was approved for Medicaid. I was worried because here in Florida you have to have children, be over 65 or disabled to get Medicaid. I applied as disabled, they verified my info/medical records and I’ve been approved. Now I don’t have to worry about being bankrupted by medical bills.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

President Obama bids farewell to Prime Minister Enrico Letta of Italy outside the West Wing Lobby of the White House, Oct. 17 (Photo by Pete Souza)

It’s waaaaay too long since we heard this:

There are a gazillion – no, literally! – great bits of news out there about Obamacare, but too sleepy to post now, my 21-year-old bones (ssssh) are creaking after today, will catch up in the morning.

120 Responses to “This, That and a little bit of the Other”

1. October 17, 2013 at 9:35 pm

From the bottom of the previous thread:

The next three years are when we educate and motivate every American to stop supporting those who seek to destroy our Constitution and enslave 98 % of Americans. Make no mistake, that is exactly what the Kochs and their fellow plutocrats want to do.

Moreover ….

We know the enemy. We the People must defeat them.

Yes WE Can …. And, WILL …..

2. 11 MightyPamela
    October 17, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Hey Y’all.. a quick Hello, then I am gone. I hope I survive this. Big hugs all around. May lurk a bit, but have no chance of catching up, for at least a month or two! Many blessings!

• October 17, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Best wishes for your downsizing problem.

• October 17, 2013 at 9:40 pm

MP, keeping you constantly in my thoughts and so look forward to the moment when you have a home. We are all with you!!!

• 14 theo67
      October 17, 2013 at 11:00 pm

You’ll be sorely missed, MightyPamela. I’ve only been popping in here and there, so I’ve completely missed the details of your downsizing. Know that we will be here whenever you get a chance to pop in, and we’ll be anxiously awaiting your return. Good luck!

October 17, 2013 at 11:16 pm

X 2 – All the best, MightyPamela! We’ll be lighting the candles for you!

• 16 HZ
        October 17, 2013 at 11:19 pm

I missed the happenings of MightyPamela, but one thing I have observed from MightyPamela, is that there is a true fighter spirit within that beautiful core. I hope for the very best to be in your space as you make this journey. And as I light my candles, I will so lovingly make sure that my thoughts and prayers will have a very special place in my music room of candles for my MightyPamela. Know that you are family and are so loved by this little senior, MightyPamela. (((((((( Blessings and lots of loving hugs coming your way)))))))))))HZ

• 17 57andfemale
      October 17, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Oh, MP. Positive energy, light and love sent to you. {{{MP}}}

3. October 17, 2013 at 9:39 pm

GE Chips, TOD. Glad to hear your appointments went well and was approved for Medicaid, GB! ….Must be a huge weight off your shoulders.

1. Economic excuse…….

2. Republican downgrade……..

3. National security……..

4. The value of government. What happened in 1995 and 1996 has happened again: Closing the government has made Americans miss it…..

4. October 17, 2013 at 9:40 pm

“Over the past two days, we’ve had serious and substantive discussions with our P5 counterparts and with Iran. We had detailed technical discussions at a level we have not had before. And we discussed concrete steps and actions that are necessary for Iran to address the international community’s concerns about its nuclear program. “Iran addressed what they saw as the objective, what should be in a final step, and what they might do as a first step. This is a framework that the P5+1 has used for some time. Although there remain many differences in each area and in what sanctions relief might be appropriate, specific and candid discussions took place. “Throughout this process, the P5+1 has remained united, as we always have. “We also had our first bilateral meeting at the political director level with the Iranians during the P5+1 since 2009, when then Political Director, Under Secretary Bill Burns sat down with Saeed Jalili right here in Geneva. Our discussion bilaterally yesterday was a useful one.

“There is more work – much more work – to do, as we knew there would be. We have always said that there would be no agreement overnight, and we’ve been clear that this process is going to take some time. The issues are complex, very technical, and require sound verification. Any agreement has to give the United States and the world every confidence that Iran will not acquire a nuclear weapon.

5. October 17, 2013 at 9:42 pm

President Obama plans to announce his intention to nominate Jeh Johnson, who served as the Defense Department’s general counsel during the administration’s first term, at a White House ceremony tomorrow, one of the sources said.

Johnson, a well-known and trusted figure in the Obama White House, was a central player in many of the administration’s most sensitive national security and counterterrorism policies, including the ramping up of the drone program, the revival of military commissions to try suspected terrorists, and the repeal of the Defense Department’s ban on gays serving openly in the armed forces.

October 17, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Fantastic round-up of the news that happened today Chiparoo.

October 17, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Freaking out here. First Shonda Rhimes retweets me and then Cecile Richards, the President of Planned Parenthood follows me on Twitter and now this! I also found out that Cecilia Munoz is following me! *Bouncing up and down in glee*

8. 35 Bill R.
    October 17, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Asked “When is Joy Reid getting her own show,” a senior MSNBC source replied “Stay tuned.”

October 17, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Congrats gb. Get better soon.

10. October 17, 2013 at 9:56 pm

• 44 theo67
      October 17, 2013 at 11:12 pm

When you see the fire power coming off of the AK-47, it’s even more of a mystery that people are fighting to have private ownership and no background checks for these things – these killing machines.

11. 45 Jovie
    October 17, 2013 at 10:03 pm

My new dog Cheyenne likes to chew wires and the chair foam.
    Thus, is putting them in crates cruel, or appropriate?

October 17, 2013 at 10:19 pm

VERY appropriate! But you don’t want to use the crate as punishment, but as THEIR special place. I would rather not be angry at a dog for doing naughty things, so if they are crate trained…that goes away. Obedience training sounds like a good idea….much happier dog, and much happier YOU:) They are like children…if you don’t give them some way to get their energy out, they will find a way to do it themselves…and chances are, you won’t like their choice! Exercise your dog EVERYDAY…will get you out in the fresh air as well….so good all around.

Talk to someone, even if its the dog trainer at Petsmart….about crate training and obedience. ASAP.

• October 17, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Nothing wrong with crate training, Jovie. Daughter and her family have trained 3 dogs by the crate method. Works well for both the dog and the ‘parent.’

• 49 amk for obama
      October 17, 2013 at 10:26 pm

crate + chew toys = good puppy

• 50 57andfemale
      October 17, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Crates are not punishment but completely appropriate for Cheyenne’s safety and your peace of mind. It will become his haven.

A lot of those shenanigans can be less if there’s enough exercise. That gets rid of excess, naughty energy.

• 51 nospin
      October 18, 2013 at 10:19 am

appropriate.

12. October 17, 2013 at 10:06 pm

From last night and for 2014 reference:

Results of Senate and House votes on debt ceiling agreement.

All NO votes cast by GOP and are indicated with diagonal stripes. Solid red and blue are YES votes:

13. October 17, 2013 at 10:07 pm

#TrustBarack

14. October 17, 2013 at 10:08 pm

October 17, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Robert Redford was so on point in his observations…I have always loved him:) Watching that last adorable video of the First Family, as I watched I couldn’t help thinking of Mr Londergan slapping his wife’s arm away when she tried to comfort and console him….juxtaposed with this President that reaches out TO the people he loves and cares about. Holds them close and reaches FOR them…most of all, he respects. Everyone. Very telling. Very, very telling. Hard to miss the differences.

16. October 17, 2013 at 10:13 pm

For BobFR, japa21, 57andFemale and all others with interest in the “McConnell Rule:”

Provision Temporarily Suspends Debt Ceiling
    “If Congress implemented the McConnell rule permanently, it would defang the debt ceiling. But the bill only implements it temporarily. The Treasury Department would be able to issue as much debt as it needs to through Feb. 7. At that point, everything would revert to normal: The country would hit its ceiling. Treasury would employ “extraordinary measures” to keep paying its bills. Eventually, a cash crunch would set in…”

Response my tweet was to add 5 months, but I think that gets us to the Feb 7th date?

• October 17, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Arapaho, little Annie Lowery & Mitch can dance around that language in the bill that President Obama signed into LAW last night all they want but …

““This amendment is a significant development for future debt ceiling negations as it will forever remove the uncertainties associated with prolonged and disruptive negotiations on this issue,” Millan L. Mulraine of TD Securities said in a note to clients. “By design, the amendment makes future debt limit increases automatic, removing the specter that this issue could again be used by a minority as a bargaining chip in the future.””

… that is exactly the way I read the language in the LAW.

And, I have no doubt our President will enforce the LAW!

#TrustBarack

17. October 17, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Swwwwwwweeeeettttt!!! 🙂

18. October 17, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Bob, I shared this last night and asked for reaction and insight, especially from you. I want to share this with my husband because he actually asked if I knew anything about it. (He said he had read an article that said the cost as $86 per person.) Remember, he is a R so I would like your suggestions when I share and discuss it with him. Thanks!!! Anyone else can chime in too.

October 17, 2013 at 10:40 pm

tnmtngirl…I suggest you go to Healthcare.gov and ask that question yourself…you can live chat with them and they will give you the correct answer rather than guess, or get some article that has the “spin factor” to it. I can tell you that the people that answer your questions there are wonderful and will take the time and find the right answer for you:) Good luck!

• October 17, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Hi Tnmtngirl, Didn’t see it last night. Have no expertise in this matter. Will try do some checking.

#FORWARD

• October 17, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I think that’s what the organization I work for may do to our health care coverage. Personally, that would be less than 3$ per pay period taken out of my check. I don’t have a problem with that at all.

• 78 amk for obama
      October 17, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Even assuming that article is correct, what is the sticky point here? Assuming even a big company (which has billions in revenue) employing 10,000 people, it costs less than a million. It’s peanuts when compared to what these big companies spend in campaign donations.

October 17, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Stop making sense, amk! They don’t LIKE it when people make sense:)

• 80 theo67
        October 17, 2013 at 11:31 pm

One wonders how these so-called business people keep their businesses alive if they can’t do the minor calculations that show that healthcare is a worthwhile benefit.

19. 81 GGAIL
    October 17, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Hey! it’s the Train video!

GoBrooklin, I’m so happy to hear your good news! God bless you

• 83 99ts
      October 17, 2013 at 11:57 pm

That’s a change from someone demanding PBO impeachment – guess threatening chaos and financial collapse and costing the economy 23 billion has a few unexpected consequences.

October 17, 2013 at 10:38 pm

The brain uses sleep to wash away the waste toxins of a hard day’s thinking, US researchers have demonstrated.

What thinking?

October 17, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Too funny. My friend just spent a half hour on the phone telling me about this. I was going to go look for the link, so you saved me the trouble! Thanks, sir.

October 17, 2013 at 10:38 pm

URGENT!
    Looking for secretary, or administrative assistant!
    Candidate must be able to speed read AND transmit content in quick, painless and efficient manner.
    Must have sense of humour, and be able to work amidst great distraction! Salary = non-negotiable; Job satisfaction
    Contact Vicki Cana, aka VC

22. 101 PamfromCalif
    October 17, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Chips & TOD ~ Thank you for all of the sanity during an insane period of time. Thank God we have President Obama, Sen. Reid & Future Speaker Pelosi all of whom were & remain adults during this stressful time.

23. 103 PamfromCalif
    October 17, 2013 at 10:45 pm

A video for the Republicans esp. the Tea Party wing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

October 17, 2013 at 10:59 pm

25. 107 HZ
    October 17, 2013 at 11:05 pm

GoBrooklyn, great news for you and I am so grateful that you were able to have another goodness of peace of mind. I will keep you in my prayers and meditations for continued beautiful healing. Keep you space open to loving care and much goodness to continue to flow in your space. ((((((((( Lots of loving healing hugs of joy for you))))))))))))HZ

October 17, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Night everyone:) President Obama is still the President and I get to sleep with a smile on my face!! Grateful everyday!!!

27. 109 Jovie
    October 17, 2013 at 11:36 pm

What about that new show Almost Human? I kind of feel I should be starring in that show, certainly a lead Role!

28. 113 HZ
    October 17, 2013 at 11:38 pm

I am going to say good night early tonight. I am so tired and torn in my spirit tonight. It pained my heart to see our wonderful President having to hold back so much this morning because his heart was so heavy as he carried so much for so many people. He is a very good and decent man, and we here already know that, but it still hurts so much.

So of us can be so strong so much of the time, but then our cups have to be replenish , and mine just needs that tonight. So I will get quiet and allow my spirit to be restored to a peaceful and grateful place within my space that I have been so blessed to occupy.

Chips Ut, Carol,, Bobfr, LL, Lovelyplains, Zizi, Donna, Lisa, amk, Jacqueline O, and all of the wonderful and brilliant minds thank you so much for holding all of us together will your brilliant contributions during this stressful time in our journey. However, one thing I do know, we will make it through all of this because we have one of the most brilliant minds as our President. With all of the nonsense, he can still walk with his head held high and we can also.

We give thanks for the beautiful and loving First Lady, Michelle Obama and our beautiful Second Lady, Dr. Jill Biden. They also help give our men those smiles and loving hugs to share with those who were so happy to return to work today. We thank the administration and the entire team who are trying to keep our military men and women and their families taken care of during this difficult time.

As Bobfr always reminds us, “We TrustBarack.” No disrespect there at all. Good night my loving TOD family. I love you all so much, and I love our beautiful president and vice-president and their entire team. Blessings and wisdom be granted to all of them. We Will Make It Through This .HZ

October 17, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Thank you for your late-night sweetness, HZ. Sleep well, and bring your fun and feisty self back here tomorrow!

October 17, 2013 at 11:50 pm

I’m not a big fan of Terry McAuliffe, but funny how one can put that all aside just to make sure good-enough Democrats win some of their state races! Go, Terry! We need a massive Dem takeover at the local, state, and federal levels, from this point forward.

@POTUS