Oct

Night Owl chat – Random music night

After another subpar day on the third rock from the Sun, it’s time to hit “shuffle”.

***

John Lennon – Working Class Hero

***

Aretha Franklin – I Say A Little Prayer

***

John Coltrane – My Favorite Things

***

Philip Glass – Opening (from Glassworks)

***

Joni Mitchell – Big Yellow Taxi

***

Rodgers & Hammerstein – Carefully Taught

***

Chat on, night owls!

22 Responses to “Night Owl chat – Random music night”

1. October 22, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Some thoughts:

October 22, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Noticed your mention of a shuffle, Lib_L, and was reminded of NoSpin dancing around with m-Newt in the vicinity… Ugh!…and you joining in the melee. A nightmarish thought….. when I was heading off to bed too!

3. October 22, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Checking in, then checking out! Sweet dreams and big hugs all around. Lots of celestial excitement coming down the next few days! Mind your breath. One of my favorite meditation teachers used to say: One breath in, One breath out. That’s all we really get. Use it well! ❤

October 22, 2014 at 11:34 pm

I’ll add one, As Seen on Twitter.

October 22, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Good couple of tweets (<<<Chips is making me add that – Ha!).

October 22, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Here ya go.

October 22, 2014 at 11:47 pm

I’m just going to continue posting my choices of tweets, until I “kill off” the thread (#WouldntBeTheFirstTime). Or somebody else interjects something. But, really, this is priceless.

8. October 22, 2014 at 11:59 pm

All right, JO’B is in charge. I’m off to bed. See y’all on the flip.

October 23, 2014 at 12:04 am

Wait for me – we can leave together and you can protect me as I walk home through the dark.

G’Night TOD, it’s been a long day!

October 23, 2014 at 12:55 am

I was “in charge” for a whole hour, but I wasn’t even here. Easy peazy. ‘Night!

9. October 23, 2014 at 1:19 am

Just don’t look at it! 😝

10. October 23, 2014 at 2:52 am

Have added updates on a remarkable banner in HK demanding universal suffrage, condemnation of acid attacks on Iranian women, and many other informative tweets which you can access at:

As I update my Twitter account, periodically, with RTs or original tweets that may be of interest I’ll post a notice here and folk can then just click the link and scroll through what’s there. That seems to be a much less cumbersome approach than continuing to burden Chips with the tedious task of salvaging comments from “moderation” or “spam.”

#OWNthe114th

Yes We Can

• 20 jackiegrumbacher
      October 23, 2014 at 7:43 am

Bob, this is an excellent idea. Your twitter account is a master class in international events.

11. October 23, 2014 at 3:18 am

i actually teared up a little reading this:

i strongly believe she is one of the only people (maybe martin o’malley too) have the smarts and quickness to take on the republican propaganda machine people call “the news,” and the republican dirty tricks. in fact, she’s amazingly good at it:

there’s just clip after clip like this, and the last couple debates she had with scottie brown were verbal thrashings by her. after being a little clumsy at the very beginning, it’s been incredible how fast and how good she’s gotten at the political side on the job. plus, she’s been going around helping with these midterms for as long as martin o’malley.

@POTUS