May

The President’s Day

Barack+Obama+1983+North+Carolina+NCAA+Championship+gKh4-foPTrZl

President Barack Obama greets members of the 1983 NCAA championship North Carolina State men’s basketball team. He honored the Wolfpack’s historic win at the White House 33 years after their national victory. The team was previously unable to visit the White House to be recognized for their championship

Barack+Obama+1983+North+Carolina+NCAA+Championship+ONJnkT63phJl

Barack+Obama+1983+North+Carolina+NCAA+Championship+Yl5Q5U_N7Eil

Barack+Obama+1983+North+Carolina+NCAA+Championship+htNHCRRn5rRl

Barack+Obama+1983+North+Carolina+NCAA+Championship+voVzbNhF4UPl

49 Responses to “The President’s Day”

May 9, 2016 at 10:13 pm

😎

2. 6 Judith Fardig
    May 9, 2016 at 10:13 pm

May 9, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Excuse me for interrupting “The President’s Day,” but re-posting from the bottom of the previous thread (didn’t know you were over here):

Thanks so much for all the comments about my son – I’ll respond to all of them tonight/tomorrow. Had to tell you something funny. Here I am (poor me) slowly recovering from the events of the day …

… when the phone rings and it’s my son, making his first call to me from the hospital. First of all, his voice sounded fabulous. Clear and strong. But the joke part was what he said, excitedly:

“Ma! Turn on Channel 28 right away. A movie on Lifetime showing scenes from Trenton. Watch it.” (He and I both grew up in Trenton, New Jersey.) (Since he’s been home most of the time these last many months, he makes these calls to me quite regularly – I usually tell him “Okay, great, I’ll record it” and then he never bothers me again about the shows. 🙂 )

Then he said he was fine, but in pain, and may or may not call any of us back tonight. Hey, at least he got in the pitch for the Lifetime movie. This kid has a “spine of steel,” as Joe Biden would say! I’m exhausted, and nobody “operated” on me today! Go figure. #SoRelieved

• 9 amk for obama
      May 9, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Your son’s spirit is amazing. Very glad he is coming out of surgery with such positive outlook.

• 11 Judith Fardig
      May 9, 2016 at 10:30 pm

Sounds like his recovery is off to a good start! Sleep the sleep of relieved.

May 9, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Thanks, Judith – but I’m too wired to sleep yet. He, on the other hand, has “shows” to watch. 🙂 Of course, pretty sure he slept most of the earlier evening, since his GF sent me a picture of him sleeping like a baby!

May 9, 2016 at 10:47 pm

{{{JO’B}}} = tight squeeze + happy feelings; /Steve/ = a gentle pat

Bet you’ll sleep a little easier tonight having spoken to him, JO’B! 🙂

May 9, 2016 at 10:52 pm

I will, vc – and I like how you differentiated between who’d get the tight squeeze and who’d get the gentle pat, because I needed that! 🙂

• May 9, 2016 at 10:50 pm

JO’B, so happy to hear Steve’s surgery went well. Continuing to keep you guys in mt prayers.

• 17 GGAIL
      May 9, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Great report from Steve. He did that as much for your peace of mind as for his mental strength.
      That’s an amazing son you got there J’OB 💕

May 9, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Well, especially tonight, gotta agree with that last part, GGail! Thanks again for the firelights, if ya get my drift.

• 19 sjterrid
          May 9, 2016 at 11:30 pm

I’m so glad your son was able to call you tonight. Im sure you were so relieved to hear from him. I’m about an hour away from Trenton.

May 9, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Still thinking about his call – because of what he said to me, and how strong his voice was, like it was a “normal” night, I think I was in another dimension for the first few seconds! He’ll do that to a person – Ha! (He also teases me unmercifully, and I give it right back to him – we’re from New Jersey, after all – so sometimes I have to think twice after answering any of his calls!)

If I ever get back to Trenton, I’ll let you know! Haven’t been there since 2000, but anything’s possible.

Goodnight. I am finally un-wired enough to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• 21 GGAIL
          May 10, 2016 at 9:29 am

I do, J’OB 🌹

• 22 sherijr
      May 10, 2016 at 8:13 am

(((((J’OB))))) (((((Sonwithspineofsteel))))) So happy to read of your son’s successful surgery 🙂 wishing him strong, steady and thorough healing. The very best to both of you.

4. 23 Anjo
    May 9, 2016 at 10:30 pm

He’s awake, we prayed and lit candles, healing is on the way

May 9, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Some “light reading” for night owls…the entire Panama Papers database…

6. May 9, 2016 at 11:17 pm

PBO and VP Joe are such good people, every single day.

May 9, 2016 at 11:17 pm

I iz going to bed – good night from the north where my battery is on the point of dying. Sweet dreams!

May 9, 2016 at 11:33 pm

Leaving this for Steve C/O Jacqueline

9. 33 Obama Grandmama
    May 9, 2016 at 11:41 pm

My own total knee replacement was a week ago. I am in skilled nursing right now working hard on my rehab. Also trying to recover quickly. A couple things here that surprised me I wanted to relate to you. This is a rural Oregon area with an older population in the facility so I expected Tea Party types. I just keep my politics to myself here as I want to fight one battle at a time. My current fight is for recovery. Now the surprise at the lunch table the other day with short stay rehab someone brought up Trump and all twelve people were not supporters. That helped me feel better as my brother had switched support from Sanders to Trump and was posting outrageous reasons to vote for Trump over Clinton on Facebook. I had to Unfollow him for my own sanity.
    Then one of my Occupational Therapists who moved here recently from ID made some comment about not having anyone she could vote for and there had been no good Presidents since Reagan during my therapy. Believe me I needed to go gently on this so I just said my favorite President ever was finishing his term. I briefly told her how I had researched his voting record seeing he walked his talk and voted and donated to him. She asked me about the healthcare law. I told her I fully supported it and worked to get it. I said although I myself had three insurances and was covered well I believed it should not be a matter of having the right job or being lucky. I believed healthcare was more of a right and that I traveled a lot and most countries in the world provided care for their citizens. She said what about that he had not got it done as he wanted to? I said he was lucky to get anything done with the obstruction from the Republicans ( yup, I went there) and the lack of truthful facts by the media. I talked about the insurance companies being firmly entrenched and involving lots of jobs that Obama had to compromise and improvements would need to happen over time incrementally. I told her besides calling, emailing and writing my Legislators. I had gone online and read the entire bill and emailed a couple questions to Kathleen Sebelious. Anyhow she was impressed, I could tell. She said this was the way to have a respectful conversation and I said I believe in people forming their own opinions, but wish they would not believe the media and would research so they had correct facts to form their opinion from.

10. May 10, 2016 at 12:01 am

Good night TOD ….

11. May 10, 2016 at 7:58 am

Good morning TOD 🙂

Jacqueline, hope your son is recovering from his surgery and is in good spirits this am!!

12. May 10, 2016 at 7:59 am

13. May 10, 2016 at 8:06 am

14. May 10, 2016 at 8:13 am

Take care everyone …. bbl ….

@POTUS